TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
satellite
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 10:22:54 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","bakerboy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

after brief exchanges with her roommates, james disappears into her room where they are allowed their privacy to study and talk and...[break][break]

that's about it. or at least that's all james is expecting.[break][break]

"your roommates are nice."[break][break]

he comments over a chuckle as he glances around.[break][break]

"cute room."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[newclass=".bakerboy"]--accent:#5d7070; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1052967572854808660/icon-masq.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote b, .bakerboy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .bakerboy blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .bakerboy blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
satellite
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 13:22:40 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"Mhm! They're the best."

The door behind them clicked shut, silencing the rest of the apartment.

If there was one word to describe Rory's room, it would be pink, with the second word being purple. From top to bottom, pink and purple frills decorated the small room, infecting the bedsheets with it's cute hues and the walls. On top of her bed, several plushed pokemon sat - mostly metal types - and several bookshelves were kept at either sides of the walls.

If one were to investigate these bookshelf, they'd come to find books ranging as far as mechanical innerworkings of motorized vehicles to a cheesy romance book detailing the story of a lost princess finding her way back home.

Regardless, it was a workable space.

"Sorry, it's a bit of a mess till," she sighed, plucking a stray jacket from her bedtop and hanging it behind her door. The room wasn't too dirty, besides a bit of clutter here or there, but for some reason, the young scientist couldn't help herself from offering an apology.

"You can take a seat anywhere. Oh! I forgot! Are you thirsty?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
I'm watching you dancing in the kitchen, I could call you my new religion
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
satellite
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 2:34:06 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

pink and purple. so very pink and purple. he takes in her room for all that it is but not once is he surprised. too caught up in it, he doesn't register her question until a few seconds have passed.[break][break]

"oh! sorry, yes i am a little."[break][break]

he's curious to see whether she brings water, soda, or some sort of energy drink.[break][break]

"and don't worry about the mess. it's so much cleaner than my space."

[break][break]

[newclass=".bakerboy"]--accent:#5d7070; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1052967572854808660/icon-masq.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote b, .bakerboy blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .bakerboy blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .bakerboy blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
satellite
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 2:41:01 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
She didn't even bother asking about his preference, as they were only one thing on the menu tonight: water and more water.

Skipping over to the corner of her room, she knelt beneath her bed and dug into a small gray mini fridge. It was kept snugged between her tucked drawers, just big enough to hold no more than a few bottles of water and some snacks. She pulled out two bottles and handed one over to him.

"Here."

Next, she grabbed the promised chips. Salt and Vinegar, just the way he liked them.

"And some snacks," she smiled, dropping it onto the bed. Next came her own body, as she gently slipped onto the corner of her bed, bringing her legs into a polite criss-cross. "So! How shall we start?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
satellite
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 3:13:06 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"oh sick you have your own mini fridge."[break][break]

not sure why that appeals to him so much but it does. he accepts the bottle of water with a smile, nodding his gratitude before taking a long swig.[break][break]

seeing how she bought his favorite chips has him smiling in a way he hasn't for a while now. at least not since their trip to the festival.[break][break]

he slips into her bed as well after dropping his bag onto the floor.[break][break]

"um, well i was thinking maybe we could just do a mock interview? i'll ask you a couple of questions and see where we go from there?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
satellite
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 3:23:46 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
It was a bit nerve-wracking being left alone with James like this. He was a nice guy, there was no doubt about that, but in all the novels she'd read, something always first happens in situations like this. Behind closed doors, in the comfort of one's own bed.

In fact, she could easily pinpoint an exact scene from a recent novel she'd dug into that started the same way. They were lab partners, looking to get a project done, when the female lead dropped a pencil, to which the male lead also reached down to grab for her, bringing their hands together for the briefest kiss of a touch.

"Um, sure, sounds good."

She readjusted herself, turning her body to face him. Her hands folded on her lap.

"Ready when you are."

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
satellite
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 9:18:26 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

james is completely unaware of anything rory may be feeling as a result of their close proximity. to him, he's just here to help her prepare.[break][break]

but he's not completely oblivious. he knows that this privacy they're in allows for a more intimate setting. maybe he feels nervous because of that as well.[break][break]

"alright."[break][break]

he swallows, then starts.[break][break]

"rory faust...can you tell me a little about yourself?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
satellite
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 21:59:42 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"Well," She began, nerves already biting at her cheeks. There was no stopping the splotches of red from infecting her pale cheeks. The fact that James was now notably closer than before didn't help, too.

"My name's Rory Faust. I recently graduated from the University of Slateport with a bachelor's in mechanical and electrical engineering."

Uptalk infested her voice, turning confidence into a far-off dream she'd once conceived during a night's rest.

"I previously interned at..." Her mind drew to an abrupt pause. No matter how hard she searched, no answer arrived on her tongue. Whenever one did, one look into James' eyes was all it took for it to get lost again.

Eventually, she gave up.

"God, I'm awful at this."

Cheeks red, eyes squeezed shut, she buried her face into her hands.

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
satellite
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 8:54:30 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

when she talks, he finds himself leaning closer, listening intently to what she says.[break][break]

"no, you're not! you're fine."[break][break]

he does his best to reassure her but he's also not the best at interviews so there isn't much he can do, really.[break][break]

"okay, how about this...why do you think you're a good fit for aeos?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
satellite
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 4:59:09 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","charname"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

"because I love what I do."
[break][break]
One hand at a time, her mask of fingers is dropped, leaving her red bulbs of embarrassment out in the open. She kept her gaze set on the carpet, too nervous to meet his.
[break][break]
It would only leave her tongue more tangled than it already was.
[break][break]
"And I'm good at it. It's what I was born to do."
[break][break]
Her fingers wind into the wrinkles of the sheets, nervous.
[break][break]
"And if I could use that passion to actually help people, I would do anything to prove myself abled. I don't know how else to put it." .
[break]

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".charname"]--accent:#7F687A;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
satellite
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 14:35:24 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"that's a good answer!"[break][break]

it shows character, heart, and confidence. all of which will surely land her the job.[break][break]

"sorry, i broke character, but you should lean into that, rory. show them your passion! show them what it means to you and just how much you love it."[break][break]

he smiles, beaming.[break][break]

"right. what strengths do you bring to the team?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
satellite
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 3:55:57 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","charname"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

His praise fanned her confidence into a burst of flickering flames. Smiling, her eyes lit up and a buzz trickled down her arms and back.
[break][break]

"Really? You think so?"
[break][break]

Her voice peaks into a soft, tight-pitched shrill. Then, a sudden splash of silence. She recoiled back into herself, shaking off the excitement. Back to it.
[break][break]
"I'd say I'm pretty good at working in a team-based setting. I love collaboration and thrive in it! I'm also pretty meticulous and thorough - I'm not one to miss a mistake!" .

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".charname"]--accent:#7F687A;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
500 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
satellite
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 11:10:00 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[attr="class","baker"]
[attr="class","bakermain"]"okay, nice. i think that'll be helpful for as i'm not the most meticulous with my work."

a byproduct of having too much work has him kept in a seemingly endless loop whether it be with the league or with aeos.

"and what of your focus? how would you apply that with the work that we do?"
[attr="class","bakertag"]
[attr="class","bakerpoke"]
[newclass=.baker] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.bakermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.bakertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.baker b] color: #5d7070; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.baker i] color: #5d7070; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.baker u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #5d7070; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.baker a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bakerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights