awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Shock Treatment [M]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 2:16:22 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
What time was it? Noon? Oscar checked his phone, groaning as he confirmed the time. It was half past four, Oscar had been working for nine hours. He looked upon the pokecenter machine that he was modifying, a mangled mass of wires and metal that used to be functional. It should not have been this hard, this was not even the first time he meddled with these healing machines--why was it so difficult now?

Well, he knew he just did not want to accept it. The pure Infinity Energy extracted through his Pokepods fried the damn things--and he could not figure out why. Oscar was trying to brute force making the machine more amicable, but nothing was working. With such little progress, Oscar decided that he needed a fresh pair of eyes.

He texted Lulu Flint, once again requesting an assistant. Now all he needed to do was wait. At this point he should probably just hire his own staff...

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
Shock Treatment [M]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 4:51:27 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Kaname walked down the hall, sighing softly. He'd be pulled from his current task and politely asked to assist a superior with a task of their own. It was mildly frustrating to be pulled away from his own work, but from what he understood it shouldn't take that long. The man sighed softly, waving his badge across the sensor to open the doors, and walked into the lab to see and a nearly gutted pokecenter machine.

Kaname pursued his lips and nodded to himself. This was going to take much longer than he thought. "Kaname Fujihara, reporting for duty. I heard you needed a little help." His introduction was brief, the man with the pokecenter machine likely didn't care for more than that. After all, he just wanted an assistant- so Kaname would happily play the part.

The man with the monochrome hair approached the pokecenter machine and began to look it over, inspecting it for any signs of damage or other glaring issues. "Can I ask what it is you're trying to do here? So I can have a better idea of what it is you need from me and what I can do for you, sir?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Shock Treatment [M]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 15:35:15 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The wait for help was thankfully not too long, and as his assistant for the day entered his lab Oscar would greet him with only a lukewarm smile. He was usually a lot more sociable, but all of the effort spent so far had made him too bitter to chat. He at the very least responded to his visitor's introduction.

"Oscar Clayton--pleasure and all that." Kaname had approached the machine and asked what Oscar was working on, and Oscar was so tired that he had briefly forgotten. After a long pause he would roughly shake his head and clear his throat. "Ummm--right! Okay, uh so see this thing?" Oscar slapped the larger machine nearby, which nearly blended into the background with how bizarre and mangled it looked. One might even mistake it for a scrap heap.

"This is called the Poke Pod. Well, it's my left over prototype that I use in experiments. The real one is in Sootopolis. This bad boy sucks up Infinity Energy out of pokemon, and that energy can be used to power machines." Oscar walked back over to the poke center machine and leaned over it. "Like this piece of shit here. Extracted Infinity Energy can heal pokemon beyond what is capable of the average pokecenter machine--reverse aging, revitalize damaged organs, that kind of thing. The damn machines can't take it though, they always end up exploding."

Oscar bent down so that he could be eye-level with the machine's inner workings. "I'm trying to adjust this machine so that it can take on the load of Infinity Energy, but it's like trying to solve a puzzle box upside down. Fucking tech is archaic as hell. I'd explode too if my insides looked like this."

Oscar got back up and shrugged, "So yeah that's basically it."

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
Shock Treatment [M]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 1:36:40 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Kaname offered a polite nod as Oscar gave his brief introduction. The man was sucicent about it, something Kaname appreciated in the moment. After all he’d been called here to work, not chat.

The explanation Oscar gave was interesting, but the mangled and Frankensteinian looking “Poke Pod” machine was even more intriguing. “So it extracts the Infinity Energy from Pokémon… that’s impressive.” Kaname considered it a truly impressive feat, based on all the files he’d read that were available to him. The possibilities were limitless for Infinity Energy application, but that wasn’t why Kaname was here; so he quelled his rising excitement and doubled down on the problem at hand: how could the old Pokémon Center machines be modified?

“Let me ask the obvious question… aside from developing more advanced pokecenter machines, have you considered utilizing an increased number of resistors within the circuitry of the machine? That would, in theory, reduce the overall level of energy passing through the machine but would probably generate a lot of excess heat as a sort of… “runoff” if you will? But that’s assuming there’s even a material that can provide resistance to Infinity Energy…”

Kaname paused for a moment and considered. “Maybe a pokemon-derived material would work? Perhaps Magnamite or its evolutions? Or do you think the problem lies elsewhere?”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
Shock Treatment [M]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 2:32:50 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Kaname offered a polite nod as Oscar gave his brief introduction. The man was sucicent about it, something Kaname appreciated in the moment. After all he’d been called here to work, not chat.

The explanation Oscar gave was interesting, but the mangled and Frankensteinian looking “Poke Pod” machine was even more intriguing. “So it extracts the Infinity Energy from Pokémon… that’s impressive.” Kaname considered it a truly impressive feat, based on all the files he’d read that were available to him. The possibilities were limitless for Infinity Energy application, but that wasn’t why Kaname was here; so he quelled his rising excitement and doubled down on the problem at hand: how could the old Pokémon Center machines be modified?

“Let me ask the obvious question… aside from developing more advanced pokecenter machines, have you considered utilizing an increased number of resistors within the circuitry of the machine? That would, in theory, reduce the overall level of energy passing through the machine but would probably generate a lot of excess heat as a sort of… “runoff” if you will? But that’s assuming there’s even a material that can provide resistance to Infinity Energy…”

Kaname paused for a moment and considered. “Maybe a pokemon-derived material would work? Perhaps Magnemite or its evolutions? Or do you think the problem lies elsewhere?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Shock Treatment [M]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 20:30:21 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar tapped his chin, a small smile creeping onto his face. This guy knew his stuff, honestly Oscar was impressed. Oscar tilted his head before answering Kaname's first question. "Yeah I tried resistors, but like you guessed normal steel doe snot react well with Infinity Energy. I mean, if the resistors were big enough it would be fine, but at this small of a size they just melt."

Kaname's following statement ignited Oscar's mind though, his smile growing into a devious grin. "The answer was so obvious, I can't believe I did not think of it until now!" Oscar ran over to a nearby closet, opening it with dramatic flare. The closet hid a fireman pole, which Oscar would quickly latch onto.

"Quickly Kaname, to my secret lab! Away!"

Oscar slid down the pole about ten feet before landing on a storage space he had claimed under his workshop. Oscar had transformed the space into a truly bizarre laboratory, filled with pylons, electrified chemicals, and countless displayed corpses of steel pokemon. Oscar would run over to a displayed magnetite, its shell hollowed out. He raised it upward and brought it to what seemed to be a forge, the aforementioned electrified chemicals pooling beneath it becoming a technicolor mass.

Oscar placed the magnemite shell into a compartment that hung over the colorful liquid. The compartment was super heated, so the metal shell quickly began to melt. Only now would Oscar begin explaining his idea, that is if Kaname had followed instructions and was currently present.

"I've done extensive experimentation with the bodies of steel pokemon. If you melt them down, you can compact them into ores that display different properties depending on the species. For example, ores made from Magnemite shells are exceptional electricity conductors. It is likely that resistors made from their melted down flesh will be able to properly conduct Infinity Energy--just as you theorized!"

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
Shock Treatment [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 14:19:16 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

As that devious grin crept across Oscar's face, Kaname felt a twinge of nervousness. What was he planning? What happened next threw Kaname for a loop. Oscar flinging open a closet door and revealing a fireman’s pole was, perhaps, the most insane mad scientist thing he could’ve done in Kaname’s mind; but it had happened. This was his real life.

Kaname watched in abject shock as Oscar called for him to go to the ‘secret lab’ and then proceeded to slide down the pole to…somewhere. “What the actual…” He was mildly dumbfounded by this, but in his mind, he had no choice but to join the man in his antics. So he rushed over and latched onto the pole. “It’s for the glory of Rocket, the glory of Rocket.” He murmured to himself as he slid down the pole into the hidden lab, landing with a thud.

The second layer was like something out of a pulp science comic; pylons, technicolor chemical baths, and the corpses of steel pokemon displayed like trophies. It was a grizzly looking place, for sure. Kaname stood back, watching Oscar fetch a magnemite shell and brought to a strange-looking forge with liquid swirling below it. He watched Oscar place it inside, where it quickly began to melt within the superheated compartment.

Kaname nodded along as Oscar elaborated. So his suggestion had put them on the right track, this was good. This was the start of something beautiful and complex. “So we’ll make a test resistor or two and go from there then? If this becomes a larger operation, I think it would be beneficial to collect all of Magnemite’s evolutionary line for use in making resistors. Maybe even run quality control testing on the different resistors made from the evolutions. But only if it gets that far.”
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Shock Treatment [M]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 2:34:02 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar nodded confidently, overjoyed by Kaname's investment. "I think you're on the right track, but the resistors are gonna be so small that I think we will be fine with just magnemites. However, you have reminded me of something very important." Oscar rubbed his chin, staring intently at the liquefied steel type. "I don't have any molds to make resistors with."

Oscar paused for a long time, looking as though he had short circuited or ceased functioning. He abruptly clapped his hands together, "Fuck it! I'll wing it. How hard can it be?" Oscar ran over to a nearby workbench and grabbed a slab of graphite. Using an etching tool, he began to freehand some resistor shaped molds. Small little compartments that can hopefully make enough to at least finish the pokemon center machine.

They were not perfect, in fact one might say that they were a little shabby. But Oscar just shrugged and gave Kaname a smile, "I think it's gonna give them a lot of character!" Oscar ran back to the forge and grabbed a pair of giant tongs. He carefully removed the bowl, now filled with orange molten metal, and turned toward Kaname.

"Okay steady the molds and don't flinch."

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
Shock Treatment [M]
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 22:21:48 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Kaname nodded to himself confidently, smirking as the head scientist said he was on the right track. Recognition from a superior was something he craved, so of course he ate it up. His smile quickly faded however as Oscar imparted the fact that they had nothing to cast the resistors with.

Kaname stared at the silent Oscar, anxiously expecting him to say something, anything. After all, he may have had a good idea but this was far from his field of expertise. “Sur-,” he jumped as the head scientist suddenly clapped his hands together. “Are you sure that’s wise?” His voice tense as he watched Oscar rush over to a workbench and begin carving away at that black slab.

Kaname watched with a mix of awe and anxiety. Oscar Clayton was like him, but also not like him. He was so much more flexible with his work, Kaname envied that. The lack of a plan, the winging it… the lack of control over a situation. It didn’t sit right with him; after all, science was about controlled experimentation. But him? He didn’t seem to care, instead he just looked for and tested solutions; he was pushing past the obstacles. Maybe Oscar Clayton was not like him at all.

Kaname snapped back to reality as Oscar spoke. The would-be researcher feigned a smile back and nodded. “Yeah, character…,” he trailed off, watching Oscar run back to the forge. Kaname’s eyes went wide as the man turned around, a bowl of molten metal resting in a set of tongs pointed directly at him. “I- yes! Just one second!” Kaname did a little running of his own, grabbing a set of nearby forge mittens and pulling them as quickly as he could.

“Alright! Ready when you are.” Even if he didn’t necessarily believe this wild idea was the best course of action, he had a duty to support it as the Oscar’s assistant. So he looked resolutely at the head scientist, steadying the graphite mold against the workbench; ready for him to begin pouring the liquid metal into the resistor mold.