skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
beach house [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 18:02:11 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

"Not in my house." The comment cuts through the relative peacefulness like a boat does wind-swept waves. Skyler's momentum with the window frame is put aside for a moment, and Angelo would feel the full blaze of her narrowed gaze somewhere between his shoulder blades - an invisible target. "I am not having an orange and yellow front door. Not even for the community."

Just the thought makes her wince.

(But somehow blue and storm purple was somehow acceptable. Skyler's mind works - or doesn't -  in mysterious ways.)

They'd been at this since the morning, replacing broken glass with reinforced one, lovingly sanding weathered wood until it was ready for painting. Buckets of paint litter the corner of the porch, none of which yellow or orange or even storm purple. 

Skyler eventually goes back to her sanding, pulling her wild mass of hair into a bun and ignoring the sweat running down the back of her neck and down her spine. The ocean breeze brings a brief, yet welcomed reprive from the scorching Hoennian heat.

From the corner of her eyes, she carefully watches her husband - just in case he's somehow sneaked a can of paint into his pockets.

It's about then that her stomach rumbles its war cry, shamelessly rising over tools and ocean waves alike to announce its hunger. 

[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
beach house [c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 19:54:53 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelotag"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]Amongst all the white noise, weight of an approaching calamity buzzing in the back of his mind like an aggravating beedrill, Skyler’s sharp defiance smashes through. Outrage over theoretical paint options like a wave slapping against the rocks in a furious crash, washing it away.

Think you mean our house.

A lighter and more mischievous edge inches onto Angelo’s mouth. Its a comforting feeling, the familiarity of their back and forth.

Fine. Let’s compromise. That’s what married couples do, right?” He chases her annoyance with an intentionally teasing nudge, ignoring the sensation of her eyes burning into the back of his neck.

We could do one of your colours, and one of mine. How about… figy yellow for the door and your storm purple around the frame?

It sounds absolutely hideous but Angelo doesn’t take it back.

Eventually sanding takes over, the muscles in his arm beginning to throb with a dull ache from the repetitive motion. It feels satisfying, working away the hardship of abandonment the beach house had been subjected to over the years. Transforming it into something that was theirs.

Eventually the door is completely rubbed down, notches smoothed away into wood dust and flecks of old paint that now speckle Angelo’s hair like snowflakes. Clinging to his skin where sweat dews, too.

He’s rubbing beads off his forehead with the back of his stinging, roughened hand when Skyler’s stomach announces itself.

If you've found your community spirit,” he muses, wetting dry lips to pull back the threatening curl of amusement. “We could head into town and get some lunch.
[attr="class","angelopoke"]
[newclass=.angelo] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.angelomain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelopoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
beach house [c]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 10:09:24 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

Angelo's suggestion is met with a snort, but no further commentary is forthcoming. 

Flecks of old paint clung to sweat-slicked skin as Skyler put her tools aside for the moment, stretching her arms upwards until something cracked and she let out a sigh of relief. Her hand rose up to massage at the junction between shoulder and neck- she'd been in an awkward position while working and was paying the price for it now.

"Long as you don't sneak paint while I'm not looking."

A few short steps take her to her husband, pale wood creaking under her weight. Ocean brine and sun-warmed wood and sweat mix together in a comforting scent, one that lulls her into a sense of warmth and security. To slide into the space between his legs is as natural as breathing, rough callouses rasping over the back of his neck.

"I could eat a whole Bouffalant right now." Saliva pools in her mouth, anticipating Figycove town's hearty inn food. "Think they'll have the Figy sauce stew today?" 

The expression on her face is downright lustful. 

Trust the figgies to put Figyberry into anything and everything; it would border on obsessive if it wasn't so Arceus-damned good. 

[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]