tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 20:23:14 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[attr="class","membopan"]
[attr="class","membopkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon minccino"]

[attr="class","membopkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon chansey"]
[attr="class","membopkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon drampa"]

[attr="class","membo"]
"Blessed assurance, Arceus is thine. Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine. You give salvation, from up above. Born of your spirit, felt in our blood."

The song falls from his lips in a childish tone, almost mocking. Opera in tone but not overtly offensive. Hymns of Arceus are annoyingly catchy and he always finds himself humming or singing them. Sometimes, he even changes the lyrics.

"This is a headstone! This is a grave," and one such a time is this, when he changes the lyrics from the original to whatever he's doing that day. "Time to scrub all, of, the dirty away! This is a headstone, this is a grave! Make it so pretty so peeps don't dismaaaay~"

A small laugh rings from his mouth as he continues to scrub one of the headstones. He leans back to admire the work and nods, pleased.

"There we go Mr. Pettyworth, all better; rest in peace good sir."

[attr="class","membot"]OPEN MEMORIAL MAINTENANCE

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.membo] margin: 0 auto; width: 450px; font-family: nunito, sans-serif!important; font-size: 13px!important; [/newclass][newclass=.membo blockquote]line-height: 17px!important; border-radius: 0px 5px 5px 5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.membo b] letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass][newclass=.membo i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.membo u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.membopan]border-left: solid 1px #232323; width: 55px; float: left; margin-left: 57px; height: 100%; margin-top: 40px; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; background-color: #2b2b2b; border-radius: 5px 0px 0px 5px;[/newclass][newclass=.membopkmn]border-top: solid 1px #232323; height: 60px; width: 55px; text-align: center; border-radius: 3px 0px 3px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=.membopkmn span] margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -12px; [/newclass][newclass=.membot] text-align: right; margin-bottom: -20px;[/newclass][newclass=.membot a]font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 3px!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 1:44:39 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
the alien pokemon doesn't care much for the dead. or for their remains. he sticks his hands into the ground by an unmarked grave in a psuedo-prayer after watching a mother and her child do the same. as tears slipped down their faces, they looked upon her and her pokemon with such contempt that sasky didn't even try to explain. 

she chided him as she dragged him away, swinging her sponge bucket around with her. 

"you have to be more sensitive than that," she says. the colors on his face light up in a pattern of i don't understand and sasky sighs. 

"it's not respectful to mimic people." more confused dancing lights. he flaps his arms uselessly. (but you make fun of your dad, sasky!) he can't say that, of course, so the two stare at each other, annoyed, until he gives in with a shrug.

when she comes upon someone almost...singing? to one of the gravestones, she pokes her head around. oleg totters right up to him and emits a series of harmonic beeps, matching the man's cadence.

"are you here to help tend the grounds too?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
reach the stars, fly a fantasy
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 2:00:52 GMT
memphis evren Avatar

[attr="class","membo"]
the moment a small alien flies up and starts beeping at him in harmony, memphis finds himself as confused as he is enthralled. he continues his singing, different each time, to see if the pokémon will keep up with his harmonies. he's all too pleased when the pokémon does, but then almost immediately embarrassed into an early grave when somebody speaks to him; the pokémon's trainer.

"o-oh," his stammering shows more in his shaking hands that he laces in front of him than in the way he stammers in his words. both are evidence of his nerves. "um, what?"

it's that kind of what that people ask when their brains are catching up to what somebody said; rhetorical, which is proven in how he immediately rambles to answer.

"yeah, i mean, yes. yes that's what we're here for today, tending graves. i've got a few more on my list. this was just number six. four more to go for today." the rambling makes him feel even more awkward, if that was even possible.

"you?"

[attr="class","membot"]

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.membo] margin: 0 auto; width: 450px; font-family: nunito, sans-serif!important; font-size: 13px!important; [/newclass][newclass=.membo blockquote]line-height: 17px!important; border-radius: 0px 5px 5px 5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.membo b] letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass][newclass=.membo i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.membo u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.membopan]border-left: solid 1px #232323; width: 55px; float: left; margin-left: 57px; height: 100%; margin-top: 40px; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; background-color: #2b2b2b; border-radius: 5px 0px 0px 5px;[/newclass][newclass=.membopkmn]border-top: solid 1px #232323; height: 60px; width: 55px; text-align: center; border-radius: 3px 0px 3px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=.membopkmn span] margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -12px; [/newclass][newclass=.membot] text-align: right; margin-bottom: -20px;[/newclass][newclass=.membot a]font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 3px!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 2:28:53 GMT
oh, now he's never going to stop mimicking people. still, she hides her smile behind her hand while she watches the man and her pokemon go tit for tat with their music. oleg is absolutely overjoyed at the response he's getting and she can only imagine the endorphins are going to override previous five minute conversation. 

aw, he's shy. well she is absolutely not shy. she's much like the spunky elgyem in that way. 

"yeah!" she says enthusiastically and drops down into a squat beside them so she can be at eye level with him. she pats oleg's head affectionately and the alien beeps a couple more times. 

"we haven't even started ours. oleg keeps getting distracted. and then i get distracted. and besides, this place is so cool."
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 15:55:33 GMT
memphis evren Avatar

[attr="class","membo"]
"it's different than i thought it would be," memphis admits with a small smile. "but like, in a good way. i thought it would be really creepy. but so far, mink and i have managed to clean six headstones and we haven't seen a single ghost type sighting yet."

mink gave him a small tug on his shirt as if to scold him, but then she climbed around him in a small scurry to get near his shoulder and head. her eyes were on the alien, which she wasn't used to seeing.

"...yeah hopefully i didn't just, y'know, jynx us." he could see the ice/psychic type sticking a pair of lush lips out as if to give a kiss of gratitude. "that would suck."

[attr="class","membot"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 3:42:14 GMT
she decides right then and there, right when he smiles, that she is going to make this one her friend. he'd seemed kind of shy when she first walked over. or maybe mortified is a better word. but now that they're chatting and sasky's looking at him bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, he seems happy to talk. 

so partners in crime they'll become, even if he doesn't know it yet. 

she laughs. "ghosts aren't so scary, you know. no scarier than aliens." oleg beeps in agreeance. 

she holds up her bucket. "can i help you then? i work faster with company."
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 13:10:22 GMT
memphis evren Avatar

[attr="class","membo"]
this woman has a point. a point that has memphis' shoulders relaxing. he was taught his whole life that ghosts were a result of the faithless in arceus being cursed and sent back to the earth to roam in a sort of purgatory, tormenting the living out of anger and spite.

but what if instead they're just, ghosts? no different than aliens from another world?

"please do. i think if you help me, i won't be nearly as worried about ghosts lurching out to eat me as i am right now." memphis gives a soft laugh, mostly at himself, before holding out his hand to her.

"my name is memphis by the way. this is mink," his minccino holds her paw up in a happy greeting to the alien. "thanks for keeping us company today."

[attr="class","membot"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 2:56:17 GMT
she brightens at his acceptance of her proposal. she would have given him his space if he asked for it, of course. she's not a monster. but now she has something to look forward to than just dusting old graves by herself. and oleg's easier to manage when he has someone to analyze anyway. 

"aw, she's so cute," saskia drolls as oleg returns the paw with a swing of his little arms. a series of beeps mimics the rhythm of saskia's exclamation. 

"don't worry, memphis. i'll protect you. but i don't think you got anything to worry about. ghosts are just pokemon." she blinks and fiddles with her supplies. "and i'm sasky.

"who's next?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 16:57:10 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred-wrap"]
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred"]
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred-left"]
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred-right"]
[attr="class","memphis-banner-up-mini-top"]
x
-
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred-right-1"]seeing the cute little alien made memphis want one. why? because the beeps and boops and it seemed so friendly. how could somebody not want one???

mink makes a chiming noise that alerts to others she’s happy before bounding back up onto memphis. he stands about that time, gathering cleaning supplies in his hands.

”on my list, we’ve mr. darling.” memphis smiles at the name and then looks to sasky. ”but we can begin at the top of your list and work our way down if you’d like. maybe some of them will line up and we can work on them close by one another at the same time.”

[newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap]margin: 0 auto; width: 540px; padding: 20px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred"]display:flex;gap:25px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-left]display:flex;flex-direction:column;gap:11px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-left img]margin: -5px 10px 0px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-left div"]box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;margin-bottom:0px;height:69px;width:69px;background-color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-right]border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;padding:29px;background-color:#2b2b2b;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-right-1]line-height: 16px;text-align: justify;margin:34px 5px 5px 20px;padding-right:15px;font-size: 11.5px;letter-spacing: .5px;font-family: Poppins;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top]border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;padding:10px;background-color:#272727;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;margin:-29px -29px 25px -29px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top div]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top a]text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:3px;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans !important;line-height: normal;line-height: 10px !important;-webkit-transition: 0.3s;transition: 0.3s;-ms-transition: 0.3s;-o-transition: 0.3s;-moz-transition: 0.3s;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top a:hover]color:#808080!important;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap b] color:#d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap i]color:#808080;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #808080;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 3:58:02 GMT
oh, joy! mrs. darling is third on her list. she has a trickling suspicion that the way these lists are doled out is to encourage discussion with her fellow volunteers. not that she really ever needs help in that department. but still

but first is someone named greg evrart. there's a crudely drawn map of the cemetery for them to follow so she starts leading them away. oleg totters at her heels, arms outstretched so he can mill in circles while he follows. 

"you're not a ranger too, are you? i don't see a badge." her own is neatly clipped to her ranger-issued jacket, shiny and proclaiming her a protector of oldale. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 16:35:23 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
x
-
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred-right-1"]as they begin to walk memphis follows in step behind her effortlessly. there’s a calm that moves over him, knowing he’s not trekking through the hallowed grounds alone.

”me? heavens no. i’m just an archivist.” he only realizes after he’s said it that there would only be more questions following his answer.

so he interrupts himself before she can speak, hoping to clear the air of some before they can be asked.

”i came here to investigate a grave, which i’m planning on doing once these headstones are all washed. that was my um, like, entrance fee to the ruins, i guess.”

mink watches oleg with a curious blink and then begins to copy the alien, tail twirling around in a circle with her as she dances.

[newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap]margin: 0 auto; width: 540px; padding: 20px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred"]display:flex;gap:25px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-left]display:flex;flex-direction:column;gap:11px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-left img]margin: -5px 10px 0px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-left div"]box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;margin-bottom:0px;height:69px;width:69px;background-color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-right]border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;padding:29px;background-color:#2b2b2b;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-right-1]line-height: 16px;text-align: justify;margin:34px 5px 5px 20px;padding-right:15px;font-size: 11.5px;letter-spacing: .5px;font-family: Poppins;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top]border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;padding:10px;background-color:#272727;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;margin:-29px -29px 25px -29px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top div]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top a]text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:3px;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans !important;line-height: normal;line-height: 10px !important;-webkit-transition: 0.3s;transition: 0.3s;-ms-transition: 0.3s;-o-transition: 0.3s;-moz-transition: 0.3s;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top a:hover]color:#808080!important;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap b] color:#d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap i]color:#808080;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #808080;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 4:02:44 GMT
an archavist? that sounds so interesting. his inner thoughts are correct: she immediately opens her mouth to ask him a million and one questions about it, but he starts to beat her to the punch. well, not really. 'investigating a grave,' only gives her more questions. 

"can i investigate with you?" she asks, ever happy to invite herself along to something. 

"we'll have these headstones done in no time! oleg can do a whole lot when he sets his mind to it. can't you, buddy?" he beeps enthusiastically in response. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tombs, [ o / m ]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 15:30:45 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
x
-
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred-right-1"]when she invites herself, memphis doesn't think anything of it other than relief. he really didn't want to go alone.

"oh my gods that would be great if you would."

then they're talking about graves and he nods, eagerly, and smiles down at oleg as he rejoices.

"mink here is an expert at keeping her own tail clean, so she likes to clean other things to be just as tidy and well kept as her tail."

mink presses out her chest to agree, nodding, puffing out proud little white clouds through her nose in triumph. this causes memphis to laugh, giving her scratches which she eats up immediately.