cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
like real people do
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 5:35:25 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]It’s a moment she’s been dreading since she agreed to take the PR position at the League HQ.[break][break]

Leaving her position at Akura, and as a result, her extra time with Uriah is not something that she relishes—even if her ambition is hungry for the chance to climb the professional ladder to new heights.[break][break]

The last thing she wants to do is disappoint Uriah. It’s not something she has the time to prolong, though. It’s better to just rip the bandaid off and work through the sting. Besides, she can think of at least one major perk to the change.[break][break]

Regardless, it’s left her antsy all day. He’s probably noticed, right? She tries not to think about that bit.[break][break]

“Hey,” she called softly, poking her head through his office door before stepping in fully and letting the door click shut behind her. “Just about everyone’s packed up and gone for the day.”[break][break]

On their floor, anyway. She can’t speak to every nook and cranny of such a large company.[break][break]

What was important was that it afforded them a moment of undisrupted quiet.
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-vulpix form-alola"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#A0E0D9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
like real people do
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 9:12:08 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","uribase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

things have been real busy at akura as of late. ever since the dome cleared and the borders reopened, actually, which is a good thing for business, but bad as it takes him away from being able to spend time with her at work.[break][break]

this is one of those days where he's been too swamped to really notice any subtleties. it's why, when she enters his office, he suspects nothing.[break][break]

he peers up at her, mood immediately brightening.[break][break]

"is it that late already? damn, i lost track of time again."[break][break]

then, a sliver of guilt creeps up. they don't have anything planned as far as he's aware but still.[break][break]

"were you waiting for me?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","uripoke"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-vulpix form-alola"]

[newclass=.uribase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#b75d5d;[/newclass]

[newclass=.uribase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.uripoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.uripoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
like real people do
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 5:46:11 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]There’s no short amount of guilt that lingers with her over the fact that she’s doing this during a busy period for Akura. Even if it means growth and upward trajectory, she can’t help but feel she’ll be letting people down.[break][break]

That she’s letting him down.[break][break]

She’s quick to smile back at him—eased temporarily by his natural warmth, though a falter soon flickers through her expression.[break][break]

“I’m not surprised—you’ve been working hard.” It’s not a slight. Calla’s proud of the effort he puts in, even if it cuts down on their time. It’s obvious he cares.[break][break]

“I was, but it’s okay! I wanted to talk to you about something. If that’s alright.”[break][break]

Uncertainty twists her stomach into knots as soon as she says this, because it probably sounds worse than it is.[break][break]

Or well, she hopes so anyway.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
like real people do
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 7:57:03 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","uribase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

there was a time, a long period of time, really, where uriah didn't care about any of this. about business, about akura, about his future. he had coasted by like some rich kid avoiding any and all expectations.[break][break]

he's glad he's changed. he's sure calla wouldn't have liked that version of him much.[break][break]

"oh! yeah, of course."[break][break]

it does sound worse than it is but he does his best to remain positive. he smiles, standing to move around his desk before gesturing at the chairs.[break][break]

"what is it?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.uribase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
like real people do
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 2:33:09 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]Tentatively, she sits as her hands wring together. She would rather be sitting closer, casually. But she’s too busy holding herself rigidly in place.[break][break]

“Um, well…I’d like to put in a two weeks notice.”[break][break]

She really isn’t all that good with tact, is she? Her face scrunches in a pre-emptive wince. She’d rather shut her eyes to avoid seeing any disappointment on his face.[break][break]

But that wouldn’t be fair, so she looks at him, then her hands. Then him again.[break][break]

“I can explain it all…obviously.” Nerves bubble up, fear reminding her of the first time she hurt him. Really hurt him. A reminder of how inadequate she’d felt in the moment.[break][break]

Would this be the same?

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
like real people do
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 10:17:26 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","uribase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

it almost feels like a slap across the face but only because of how out of the blue it is. he blinks, having to take a moment to process the news.[break][break]

"oh! uh, yeah, that's fine."[break][break]

he does his best to maintain his composure but the way he looks at her betrays him.[break][break]

"why, uh...why do you want to leave?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
like real people do
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 0:58:37 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]The initial silence that follows makes her wince. Still, he deserves the moment to let his mind catch up. She knows it’s sudden, and unexpected. And that’s probably so wildly unfair.[break][break]

“Yeah? It is..?” Her brows furrow as she finally glances up again. Of course, she wasn’t really expecting him to refuse, but still. The look on his face makes her heart hurt. It’s so close to how his expression had fallen that night when they’d sprawled out on the floor of his bedroom.[break][break]

And she hates being the cause.[break][break]

She hasn’t forgotten how that expression had shuttered off in the wake of her silence. That can happen again. It might be enough to crack her resolve in two.[break][break]

“I got an offer to do PR work at League HQ. For .” It sounds too formal. In the privacy of his office, she can’t bring herself to keep up the distance.[break][break]

Pushing up from her chair, she steps forward to stand in front of him where he sits. “I’m sorry,” she murmurs as her hands find Uriah’s face, cradling it. “I just- Uri, I’ve always had these big goals for myself. And i couldn’t say no. It would’ve been too much of a what if. But I think it’s good for us too, you know?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
like real people do
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 11:53:36 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","uribase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

pr work for the league, for a member of the elite four—it sounds like a step in the right direction for her. it's a huge step, actually, almost as though it'll jumpstart her career.[break][break]

they both knew she wouldn't be his receptionist forever.[break][break]

but, still, it hurts, and it's going to hurt for a while. even as she cradles his face, he can do no more than lean into her touch. his forehead leans into her as he sighs.[break][break]

"no, yeah, of course. i get it, cal. it's a good move."[break][break]

he pauses.[break][break]

"i'm just going to need some time to process it, yeah? because i'm going to miss having you here."

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
like real people do
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 22:17:14 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She shakes her head. “It’s not just about that. That’s not what I meant.”[break][break]

Falling silent as he continues, Calla nods and one hand slides up and smooths through his hair carefully. She doesn’t force him to look up at her again. Only lets him have that moment for a bit as her fingers trace through red repetitively.[break][break]

Again, guilt batters against her ribcage for choosing to make a step upward. It’s not a lateral move, it’s really an elevation. But the last thing she wants is for this to sour things.[break][break]

“That’s okay, I’m sorry. It’s not because of you, okay? I’ve loved working here. I’ve loved, uh, working with you.”[break][break]

It might be meant differently than how she says it, but it’s still said. And he’s not wrong–it won’t be as fun to not see him so much every day. “But I thought, I guess. Maybe it’d be a relief, you know? No more sneaking around…we could actually be, like, normal couples. Public, or whatever.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
like real people do
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 9:37:18 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","uribase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

his head shakes.[break][break]

"don't be sorry."[break][break]

and nods.[break][break]

"yeah, i guess it kinda is a relief? i don't know. i know i'm supposed to, but i never really cared about all that."[break][break]

keeping what they have private, he means.[break][break]

forcing a smile, he peers up at her.[break][break]

"but you're right. it'll be good for us, i think."[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","uripoke"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
like real people do
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 15:15:24 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“I did, I cared.” A litany of worries—would this get him in trouble with his father? What would repercussions be? Why should I have to keep my happiness a secret because of a job?[break][break]

A soft frown lingers on her face, “Uri..”[break][break]

She knows when he’s faking a smile for her sake. When that secondhand familiarity crept in and settled into her heart, she’s not sure.[break][break]

Hands still cradling his face, her thumbs trace the edges of that smile, silently willing it to brighten.[break][break]

“You don’t sound too convinced…” she chews on her bottom lip as she smooths his hair back. Heart fluttering in her throat like a trapped hummingbird as she finally speaks again, voice small and quiet. Small and careful as the smile she offers.[break][break]

“I love you, you know? I don’t want to hide that away anymore.”[break][break]

Nerves set alight in her stomach at offering something so vulnerable, but she keeps calm. As soothing as she can manage.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
like real people do
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 10:01:16 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","uribase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

her thumbs trace the edges of his smile; slowly, but surely, they brighten, worries muting under her touch.[break][break]

he shouldn't smile just for her sake. he shouldn't dismiss his feelings. he should be open and honest the same way she has been with him.[break][break]

his heart sinks and rises all in an instant.[break][break]

"cal..."[break][break]

a chuckle escapes him as he stands, his hands mirroring hers to cradle her face.[break][break]

"i love you, too. fuck, yeah, i do."[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","uripoke"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
like real people do
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 16:51:50 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Her worries fade in the wake of his response, eyes following his face as he stands. As he does so, her hands slip away from his face, unable to hold on as his height overtakes her shorter stature.[break][break]
For a moment, her eyes flutter shut as his own hands mirror her touch, and she lets her smile widen.[break][break]
This is what she’s been missing out on all this time, isn’t it?[break][break]
Then again, something like this wouldn’t be the same if it were with anyone other than Uriah.[break][break]
“Yeah?” she replies as finally looks up at him again, heat burning her cheeks despite the reciprocated feelings.[break][break]
She can’t stop smiling as the mood shifts. “For real?” Even if she believes him, it’s wild to hear.[break][break]
Strange and surreal and new.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
like real people do
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 8:51:51 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","uribase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

he nods with no hesitation, again and again and again as though to reiterate that this is:[break][break]

"for real. like, for real-for real."[break][break]

another smile breaks as he leans in to kiss her forehead.[break][break]

"i love you."[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","uripoke"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
like real people do
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 16:59:24 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Violet eyes wide with an almost sort of awestruck wonder watch him nod. Again and again until she dumbly mirrors the movement. Her own chin tips up and down.[break][break]

And then comes a laugh–breathless and giddy and girlish.[break][break]

“For real-for real,” she murmurs back, as if reaffirming it to herself because she can’t believe it.[break][break]

A part of her can’t. This doesn’t happen to girls like her–jaded and closed off and awkward with the hearts of boys who are too sweet for their own good.[break][break]

But it does, and it has happened, and she feels so, so stupidly happy.[break][break]

Lips press against her forehead and she smiles, a million little butterfree swarming to life in her chest. “I love you more.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]