awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
peace and quiet [m][c][gracidea]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 18:12:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Hopefully today was a day she wasn’t busy.

(But knowing her busy schedule, it was highly possible. Either way…)

He’d made sure to get himself the blackest coffee available this side of Verdanturf, and picked up her favorite order as well. Now the question was, would she arrive on time…?

He hoped that she would.

and their talks continue

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 10:56:45 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

She had made sure her schedule had not been busy.

But all her efforts had almost been in vain because of her secretary trying to do a quick booking because of the pressure from some lobbying multi-billionaire trying to get another tax exemption.

By now Elinor was surprised at how many of those lived in Hoenn, it almost made her consider putting in an extra 100% sales tax, just to hit them, and everyone else, a little bit. But no, she couldn’t punish her people like that.

And so after averting that crysis. She did a quick pit stop at her home to change into something more relaxed, some might even call it punkish, a long sleeved white shirt with a black short sleeved hoodie on top, and some nice jeans.

Hopefully the stark contrast to her usual attire would save her the searching gaze of the public.

And so she made her way to Route 117, where she was meant to meet with dear ol Cousin Lars. Only five minutes late this time! Improvements.

Short as her schedule today might’ve been, when she approached Lars, it was still clear that she was tired. “Hi Lars.” She eyed that second cup in his hand with a hunger befitting someone who spent hours at the office.

MISSION: Recruitment Act 3

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 11:39:54 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Yes, this is yours,” he began with that knowing smirk, handing the other cup over.

The smell of a freshly-brewed espresso was evident from the one he was taking a drink out of, clearly because it was one of the things he couldn’t live without (asides from Alto Marean carbonara and tequila, most days).

“You look exhausted, though, Eli, what happened?” he continued as he led her over to a nearby bench and let her sit down first (there were a lot of these benches scattered around the area close to Verdanturf, so there was that).

and their talks continue

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 12:03:49 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor’s smile grew wide when Lars handed her the cup. An appreciative “Thank you.” was quickly given as she smelled the fresh brew. The effect was almost immediate, and yet as she sipped what effect had happened was increased tenfold. For a moment it almost felt like she hadn’t been at the office.

Elinor followed Lars over to one of the nearby benches. “Work… Work happened.” Elinor simply stated. “I’d rather not talk about work though.” She admitted.

“Please tell me you have something else we can talk about?” She almost pleaded as she took another sip.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 12:25:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Clearly,” he chuckled as he took another sip from his own cup. “Overbooked again?”

He then took the opposite side of the bench, stretching out his long legs before leaning his neck back on the cold metal and looking up at the sky above them.

“I… I haven’t seen you around much lately. Did you two like, have a fight or something?”

Okay, if she didn’t want to talk about work, then maybe she would be more receptive to… well, that. What he just said.

(Either or, he was hoping this wasn’t going to backfire in his face!)

and their talks continue

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 13:12:34 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

She gave a mild nod but said no more. She didn’t want to talk about work.

Luckily Lars had plenty of other subjects to pick from, and he did so surprisingly quickly.

“Right…” She mumbled, looking at the coffee.

“We have decided to part ways.” She stated. “But Lars, before you decide to waltz over to his office and beat him, know that we both agreed to it.” She tried to put on a brave smile, but she was still hurting.

She had dared open her heart, and though it had ended amicably, the pain was still very much there alongside another thought. Perhaps she was doomed to be alone.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 19:58:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment she mentioned that they had broken up, he felt a flash of irritation in his gaze—and well, to be honest, she was right—but not to beat him up. (It was actually to ice him. Wait that’s worse!)

“Did you fight over something?” was the next sentence out of his mouth as he realized that the two had indeed agreed to call it quits. “Or was there another—” he went on, before interrupting himself and smacking a palm to his forehead.

Wait, wait, he had a child for Weather Trio’s sake. Would he even think about doing that right away?!

“Okay… El. Tell me. How are you, really?” he added quietly, hoping that she would allow herself to be vulnerable around him. They were family, after all.

and their talks continue

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 20:44:06 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

By the time the truth had come to light, Elinor had already come to expect the words that left Lars’s mouth.

Luckily she didn’t have to answer his first volley of questions, only the one, and arguably worse, that followed.

She took a deep breath, every Anderson cell in her body screaming to not confide in Lars.

“I… I don’t know.” Pause

“It is weird…” Pause, single sip of the coffee granted to offer her a moment to think.

“You would think I would be sad. I AM supposed to be sad, right?” She looked at the ground. Uncertainty and confusion in her gaze.

“But I am not…” Her hand trembled, and with it her coffee-mug “Don’t get me wrong. It hurts, it hurts a lot. He was my first after all...”

“But I am not sad… I should’ve known better.”

“Besides, I am better off alone. With my work schedule, relationships are just doomed to fail.” It felt like someone grabbed her by the throat as she forced the last few words out.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 21:22:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment the last words left her mouth, he had to resist the urge to roll his eyes and yell at her.

Because once upon a time, he was in her position. Now, though? He wasn’t sure anymore.

“There’s something you’re forgetting, you know.”

He then took a sip from his own cup of black coffee. Darkest brew this side of the region and he didn’t even flinch at it. Gathering his thoughts, he then sighed.

“Communication.”

He had to emphasize the syllables with a shake of his cup with each part of the word.

“Look, finding even some time during busy schedules to just relax and blank out and forget about work does wonders. Now, I know you’re heavily involved in politics, but goodness gracious, do you really have to take your work with you everywhere you go? That’s not healthy, you know.”

Trust him, for he knows what he’s talking about.

“I was like that before, you know. Constantly exhausted, running from one end of the region to the other—never getting enough sleep. The moment I learned how to leave work behind in the workplace, I realized—you can enjoy a life outside of the four walls of an office cubicle. Or an entire office room. That’s just my own observations, though.”

and their talks continue

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 6:53:14 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor was stunned.

Stunned that he had called her unhealthy work-life Balance out. Stunned that no matter how much it hurt, she knew he was right.

A quick sigh and a sip of coffee later, Elinor would try to articulate her thoughts.

“I know, I know, work life balance and all that.” She had made her bed, and now she was sleeping in it.

“It’s just…” She halted, caught between continuing the debate on her love-life or moving into work territory. She settled on the latter, it would be less awkward, besides she had already had most of that conversation with AI-Lars.

“There is so much to do, and it seems no matter how much I try nothing improves.”

If it wasn’t Matias’s ever increasing list of problematic doings, then it was certain Gym Leaders going off the rails attacking Children in broad daylight.

“Team Rocket is still going strong, the region is woefully unprepared in case Necrozma and friends decide to go for round two. Not to mention the internal issues of the League - " She took a moment to breathe " - I know these aren’t things that will be solved overnight. But at this point the Glacial phase at which anything gets done will result in so much unnecessary suffering.”

The League truly was a Seviper eating its own tail, unable to see the predators approaching.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 19:55:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He sighed.

“This… this is why I run the Rangers the way it does. Fast and loose. actually wanted to separate the Rangers from the political messiness of the League in general before he left, and have us operate on our own terms, but what good is that shit if everyone’s a fustercluck? You know what I mean.”

See: the first Rangers Rising meeting.

“Honestly though, if I hadn’t gotten the inheritance from nonna and nonno we’d still be lacking in budget. Whatever shit’s missing, I supply from out of pocket. And the Oscuros have a rather large nest egg built up over… generations of being fine arts patrons in Alto Mare,” he continued with a tiny little sigh.

(Oscuro being his mother’s side of the family, of course.)

“What are you thinking of? Sometimes it’s just. I don’t even know if… you know.”

He then looked over at her and beckoned her closer. Should she approach, he would then lower his voice so that only the two of them would hear what he would say next.

“Sometimes I think Team Rocket has more organization than the League does. That’s just my observation, but of course that’s off the record.”

and their talks continue

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 19:37:00 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor listened quietly as Lars enlightened her on ’s plans for the Rangers. A bit of a furrow in her brows might reveal her feelings on that matter. She could see what Senon had intended, but the idea would almost certainly not work as well as intended when executed. Which Lars promptly pointed out.

This eased Elinor’s expression a little bit.

She continued to listen, and when beckoned closer, she did so and allowed herself to take in the words that Lars spoke.

A sigh escaped her. “I wish I didn’t agree with you…” She paused in defeat. “But I do.”

“You wouldn’t happen to have any ideas on how we can change that, would you?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 14:42:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I’m thinking on how we can circumvent the fact that everyone else in the Council—no offense meant—as well as the rest of the other high-ranking people in power are always at each other’s throats, if not worse…”

He fell silent as he took another sip from his cup of coffee, staring at the murky liquid within before pondering what else he could bring to the table.

“You know… I thought of something. But. But it’s going to be extremely risky, considering that it’s going to involve something I think would be very dangerous in the long run.”

He wondered if she wanted to hear what he had in mind. Maybe?

It was a drastic option, however it was one of the few options he could think of at that moment in time.

and their talks continue

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 18:51:30 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Lars asked the big question.

How to stop the higher ups of the league from being at the throats of each other.

“If you have an idea I am all ears.” Elinor said. “Honestly, I’ve been wondering if being at each other’s throat and League Higher ups are just two things that are meant to be together.” Like light and darkness. Can’t have one without the other.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 11:55:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“See, I was thinking…”

He trailed off as he shook his coffee cup slightly. The liquid level was getting pretty low… shit, maybe he should’ve bought two coffee cups instead of one for himself.

“It involves laying down all secrets everyone’s keeping from each other. And yes, that would include the two of us. However… you already know all of mine.”

Well, all would be a slight exaggeration.

“And by that I mean secrets that may be either integral or detrimental to the League in the long run. Like… you know, business-related secrets. I mean, it’s no secret that within the Rangers, there are quite a number of ex-Rockets in the ranks…”

He sighed.

“I know it’s too optimistic for this, but I’m more than certain that there are like, high-level secrets being kept from other people that may turn out to be useful for everyone in the long run. And then there’s the matter of the backstabbing. Ugh…”

and their talks continue