Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
The Death That I Deservioli [Postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 19:08:22 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Though Aggron’s power seemed limitless, it was far from it. Mega Evolution was nearing its end. So was its Z-move effect. And both opponents were quick to capitalize on it.

Weird pink noodly goo appendages wrapped themselves around him, constraining his movement and ability to defend as the Infinity energy radiated off of the Aggron like heat from a car-engine. But gooey arms weren’t the only thing he needed to fear. Hammer Arm after Hammer Arm descended upon him, and at last he had to give in.

Aggron was knocked out.

Gravity returned to completely normal.

Elinor back onto her feet just in time to hear Isaac’s little call out.

She called Aggron back into its ball and was quick to summon two other mons.

“You truly want me to believe that?”

She uttered as a fierce looking Sceptile and a huge imposing Steelix manifested by her side.

“If this was an evac zone… if you were giving medical aid unconditionally…” She paused feeling her blood pump frantically through her veins, edging her on to do more, say more. “You would have no reason to hide! It would’ve been a war crime to attack you.”

“Yet you were hiding, and there’s not a single other soul in sight… Seems to me like you just wanted to ambush whoever stumbled upon this site…”

A smirk formed on her lips. “Too bad for you that it had to be me.”

And so the battle would continue. Sceptile being the first to jump into action as LEAF BLADEs formed on its arms. It would swing with the intention of knocking the Ditto out.

But the gigantic metallic serpent wasn't about to let the Sceptile have all the fun. It wanted a bite of the blob too! and so it charged at it with FIRE FANGs bellowing with lethality.

OOC: CLASH (2/3)
PROMPT:
- 10 IC post
- 20 Knock an opponent's Pokemon out.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,312 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 23:25:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"War crimes? You really think people like me get to be protected by those?" Isaac asked. "Your Typhlosion tried to fry me to death in a cave with its strongest move. Let's say it succeeded. Who's there to speak for me? There's no Rocket embassy. There's no Rocket media. And when Rockets lash back, you take it as more cause to put us down."[break][break]

"I hid because I know my life means nothing in your books. And you haven't proven me wrong."[break][break]

Being the last man standing only meant so much when there were more men waiting in the wings. Delirium did not realize this. The Ditto let his eyes ease shut and a silly smile spread across his face, the bootleg Infinite Energy coursing through its body disappearing. It was back to wearing the guise of a regular Metagross now, and as its eyes eased open its sealed jaw dropped comedically.[break][break]

A Sceptile was already in its face, pushing it back with a heavy Leaf Blade to the side. The attack sent it spinning, Delirium scrambling to put up its dukes and get ready for a fight. His eyes pulsed with power, and for a second a Psychic looked ready to erupt from its eyes.[break][break]

It never had the chance. The Steelix clamped down before Delirium could react, and the false Metagross joined its real counterpart in unconsciousness.[break][break]

Finally able to stand, Isaac threw out a volley of Pokeballs to return them and Haru to safety. Truth be told, he hadn't planned an ambush in the slightest. If he had, he certainly would have had more than four Pokeballs on his person. However, all he had left were Echo and Halberd, and they were busy trying not to die. Isaac was going to have to get through this one alone, it seemed. He sunk into a fighting stance, scowling to smother the panic building up in the back of his mind. Maybe if he held the line, they could slip away.[break][break]

"Well? What're you waiting for? If you think I'm so bad, send 'em at me! Or are you all talk and no action?"[break][break]

Echo's horn quivered, the empathetic Ralts picking up on his distant trainer's anxiety. Oh, no. Oh no no no. That wouldn't do at all. The Ralts peeped in distress, preparing to run from his station and join the fray. However before he could, a gentle claw set upon his shoulder.[break][break]

Even as the poison left him wincing and weary, Halberd shot Echo a supportive look. A knight never left his charge behind.[break][break]

The Corvisquire hunched down, letting Echo hop onto his back. Together, they flew out to war. The poison left Halberd's wingbeats weak, but he didn't care. He'd make up for them by beating them twice as fast. Funny. If Supernova saw him right now, perhaps his old rival would mock him for falling back on copying his techniques. Let him mock. Right now, his focus was as iron as his determination.[break][break]

So, too, would be his body. Echo could feel the bird growing beneath him as the light of evolution swallowed him up. His feathers turned from soft and downy to hard and steely, each becoming as hard as a plate of armor and as sharp as a knife. His Big Pecks and thighs reinforced, jutting outward into a set of Mirror Armor. His crest hardened into a steely helmet, and the tips of his claws curved into a sextet of blades. Three times his former size and many times his former strength, the time for squirehood had passed.[break][break]

As Halberd crashed down onto the battlefield, letting out a piercing screech, he had come into his own as a Corviknight.[break][break]

"Hal . . . heh. Guess that poison's no issue when you're like this, huh, buddy?" Isaac asked, the concern in his voice melting into appreciation. The Corviknight let out a boisterous caw in response, his steely body having forced the toxins right out of his system. As if to show how much better he was doing, he swooped right towards the Sceptile, twirling gracefully to hit him with a dead-on Drill Peck.[break][break]

While he descended, Echo hopped off of his head to stare the towering Steelix in the eye. He was Isaac's smallest Pokemon, now facing off with Elinor's largest. However, he may well have been Isaac's best hope in fending the steely snake off. Raising his hands up high, he gathered a nexus of Psychic energy above the Steelix's head, having every intention of bring the power down to bring the towering snake down to earth. The bigger they were, the harder they fell![break][break]

It was time to see if the same was true for councilwomen.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 10:37:35 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

It seemed this debate had devolved into the pot calling the kettle black. Neither side would win the argument. For they each believed themselves right.

But Elinor knew the truth. She knew she was right, she HAD to be right. If she wasn’t right, well, that was a thought for another time.

Luckily the combined efforts of Sceptile and Steelix caught enough of her attention to pull her away from her own inner monologue.

Fake-Metagross defeated Isaac all alone.

“You're coming in alive, like it or not.” She wasn’t about to make a Martyr out of Isaac.

She gave a quick nod and Sceptile stepped forward, towering over the young man with its imposing figure.

A few seconds later, Sceptile might’ve finished the job. But something caught its attention, perhaps a glint of light, the rustling of wing-beats, or perhaps it even broke the fourth wall and heard the heroic music score that started to play.

Elinor too noticed, and she was quick to act.

A bright blue light began to crystalize around the Sceptile. And when the Drill pecks descended upon it, it felt the damage diminished. But the attack offered it an opportunity, and it was quick to make use of it, attempting to grab onto the Corviknight, not only with its powerful grip with the help of the vines from a powerful FRENZY PLANT.

Meanwhile a reenactment of the age old tale of Flabebe vs Haxorus. Only this time the participants were a Rals and a huge Steelix.

Where Sceptile might’ve had the finesse and intentions to hold back. Lix wasn’t burdened with something so civilized as a conscience. And so with its tail glowing bright steel silver, it attempted to squash the little creature beneath an IRON TAIL. Ignoring completely the gathering psychic energies above him.

PROMPT:
- 10 IC post
- 10 Knock an opponent's Pokemon out.
- 10 Terastelize

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,312 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 14:52:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The Iron Tail sailed high, and Isaac knew he had precious little time to act. "Echo!" he called, worry surging into his voice. Once more, his Mega Brace began to glow, but the keystone nestled into it remained inert. Instead, the lattice framework started to shine, Z-Power flowing through it.[break][break]

The space between Echo and the Steelix tore open, a black hole forcing its way through the seams of reality. It shook, shuddered, and quaked, greedily inhaling everything and anything it could pull into its orbit. All momentum was drained from the Iron Tail, the attack's shine dulling and its force skidding to a halt.[break][break]

Halberd steeled himself against the incoming Frenzy Plant, his Iron Defense helping him brace himself as it pinioned his wings to his sides. He was grounded, but he wasn't out for the count. The Sceptile would be winded after this exchange, and he would only have to endure.[break][break]

And endure he did. As the black hole roared to life, the pull of the Frenzy Plant started to loosen against his body. With a thrust of his bladed wings, Halberd pushed back against the blow, sending vines and trimmings hurtling right into the black hole. They, too, only served to make it stronger and more forceful. It began to quiver unstably, fed to its very limits by the actions of their foes.[break][break]

Echo's earlier plan of attack had been abandoned. All of his focus now was on guiding this black hole as it slowly, unstably condensed down into a single black speck.[break][break]

That was when it ruptured, tearing back open to unleash an overwhelming tide of psychic might right towards the Steelix.[break][break]

BLACK HOLE BARRAGE - PSYCHIC-TYPE: incoming moves are nullified then countered toward a foe of ralts' choosing. the more moves nullified the stronger this attack is.[break][break]

"Coming in alive. That's rich. Was I coming in alive when your Typhlosion tried to incinerate me? As he asked his question, he cast a baleful glare to the gravity-crushed remains of Elinor's Poisoned Barb. "Or maybe when you tried to poison me?"[break][break]

"And after I never even lifted a finger towards you. For shame, Councilwoman."

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 18:12:04 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Steelix had been intent on crushing the creature beneath its weight. But as its steel energy was sucked into the black hole, it halted its attack. It sensed danger. And did its best to rush out of the way.

Meanwhile Sceptile was busy trying to pin down the bird, but something was wrong. It was as if his vines weren’t taking to the ground as well as they could. But he couldn’t afford to look away, Instead he would try to jump onto the bird, taking to it like a Pokémon tamer would a wild Paldean Taurus. A singular FRENZY PLANT vine grew from its hand as it attempted to sling it around the Corviknight’s neck as means of reigning it in.

For all of Steelix’s rushing, it would not have the speed to get out of the way. Moving such a big body took time, time that Ralts did not afford it.

The Black hole barrage struck true. Sending the Steelix skidding along the ground like a collection of rocks, tearing the tents down in its path. Steelix didn’t move.

Wether Steelix was knocked out or not Elinor did not know. She was not given the time to check as Isaac began to question her wording once more.

“True, you didn’t lift a finger toward me. All you did was lie in wait hiding in the middle of a potential battleground waiting for people to stumble upon you. Excuse my Pokémon for being cautious.” She glared at Isaac, conveniently forgetting the poison part.

“Are you really telling me your Pokemon would not have done the same if they believed you to be in danger?”

PROMPT:
- 10 IC post

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,312 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 18:37:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Echo landed atop the Steelix's head, throwing up his arms in a little "ta-da!" pose. Were the Steelix not actually fainted, this could have been a very risky position for Echo to end up in. However, for the time being, he was perfectly happy to stand atop his perch, waving his arms cheerfully in Isaac's direction.[break][break]

"Echo, focus," he gently chided, before turning his attention back to Elinor. "If I fought how you fought, councilwoman, those two Mega Metagross would have rushed you down before you could even draw a Pokeball. And yet here you stand, even when they have far more than belief telling them you're dangerous."[break][break]

"I can't fault you for caution. But hypocrisy? Gladly."[break][break]

Halberd flew through the air, startled. He wasn't used to this newer, large body, and certainly hadn't expected an enemy Sceptile to turn this battle into an impromptu rodeo. His flailing flaps meant that he was unable to stabilize properly, letting the Sceptile steer him pretty much wherever he wanted.[break][break]

It was time to put a stop to that. Echo focused a burst of Psychic energy towards Sceptile, trying to use a rush of force to push it out of its impromptu saddle. Whether the attack connected or missed, it would snap Halberd out of his distress. Were the attack to connect, Halberd would take advantage of the separation to try and rocket into Sceptile. Were it to miss, he would pull his wings to his side, aiming to use his superior weight to end up on top of Sceptile either way.[break][break]

No matter the path taken there, the end result would be similar; Halberd aimed to use his superior weight to drive Sceptile into the ground with a Body Press.[break][break]

"I gotta give you some credit, you know," Isaac mused. "You've trained 'em well. Y'know. Besides the part where they're all too willing to murder on a hunch."[break][break]

"But I guess that's just par for the course for you League authorities, huh?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 19:23:33 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

He was right. She couldn’t argue against him. Typhlosion had been all too eager to melt him, and he could’ve done the same many times. And yet she could not stand down. Right or wrong it didn’t matter right.

“You would know hypocrisy…” She snided.

His credits fell on deaf ears not because she didn’t want to answer it, but because she noticed what was happening in the air.

Eco had tried to tame the Corviknight. He had failed and been thrown off. Sceptiles weren't able to fly. This was common knowledge. He was now pretty doomed.

“Eco!” Elinor screamed at the top of her lungs fearing for the life of one of her starters. Her body began to move on its own as she ran toward where she believed it would land, no care in the world for her own safety.

The Ralts standing atop the Steelix would find itself unceremoniously thrown off as the Serpent acted with complete disregard for its surroundings. The fearful voice of its trainer had reawoken it.

With the help of MAGNET RISE it would for a brief moment seem to move at speeds only matched by the infamous . But that moment was enough for it to catch the Sceptile in the air, taking the brunt of the BODY PRESS that followed right behind.

Elinor came to a halt as she breathed a sigh of relief as she saw Sceptile safe, even as the Steelix groaned in pain, doing its best to not incidentally chomp down and end the Sceptiles life by accident.

PROMPT:
- 10 IC post

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,312 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 19:54:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Echo tilted his head in confusion as Elinor seemed to scream his name. That lasted for about five seconds before the Steelix trundled into action. His launch left Echo flying, and that left both Isaac and Elinor scrambling to safe their beloved Pokemon.[break][break]

The good news for Isaac was that Echo was a lot smaller than an entire Sceptile. He made a run for one of the climbing ropes by the rift, hopping a little as his shoe was left behind in Elinor's goo ball. He hanging off of the with one arm and caught Echo against his chest with the other, looking for all the world like some kind of swashbuckler. The Ralts peeped cheerfully and snuggled into his chest.[break][break]

The good news for Elinor was that she didn't need to follow Isaac's lead. Instead, the Steelix was able to do the catching for her, his body bracing itself against Halberd's Body Press. Halberd fluttered back, ready to charge in for another Body Press, only to be cut off by a sudden shout of "Wait!"[break][break]

From his semi-aerial perch, Isaac could see that the Steelix had Sceptile in his jaws. "Let him set it down first," Isaac said. A particularly painful hit would either slacken Steelix's jaw and send the Sceptile hurtling down to Earth, or cause it to clench up and hurt the Sceptile far more than Isaac could have intended. In no case was fighting in this condition going to end well.[break][break]

The Corviknight glared holes into the Steelix's eyes as it flew past, but let it pass with a nod of acknowledgment. It flew back towards Isaac's side without a further word.[break][break]

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 18:40:14 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

It all happened so quickly. Yet what Isaac did was not lost on her. He could have continued the battle, probably wounded the Steelix severely and almost definitely caused the death of Sceptile one way or another.

But he did not.

She ran to her Steelix as it lowered itself to the ground, letting Sceptile fall out of its jaw and onto the ground gently.

The Eco was beaten and bruised, but no worse for wear. Still, she would fall to her knees, cradling his head in her arms as she said. “How are you feeling, are you okay?”

The Sceptile gave her a weakened thumbs up.

For a moment Elinor forgot all about the skirmish as she turned her head to Isaac and said. “Thank you.”

But Steelix had not forgotten. Weary of the kindness it slithered into a protective stance around its trainer. Waiting, perhaps even anticipating an attack from Isaac.

PROMPT:
- 10 IC post

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,312 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 22:04:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac sighed in relief as the situation wound itself down. At this point, the worst aggression on display was the tense stare-off between Halberd and Elinor's Steelix. Their hackles were raised, born of loyalty and protectiveness for their trainers, but neither was willing to jeopardize the tense peace by throwing the first punch.[break][break]

Isaac met Elinor's gaze in turn, but not to stare her down. Instead, he shot her a nod, a brief acknowledgment and acceptance of her thanks.[break][break]

Maybe in most situations, he'd leave it at that. It wasn't like speaking with a councilwoman was on Isaac's bucket list. However, the quiet melancholy of a freshly-settled battlefield held an irresistible lure. Rather than walk away as he intended, Isaac found himself sitting back on a nearby rock.[break][break]

"I know what it's like to lose a Pokemon," he said, his quiet voice still the loudest thing on the battlefield. "Half a year ago, I lost one I thought would be with me 'til the bitter end. We were in over our heads, and she tried to protect me just like she always did."[break][break]

"I've made peace with her choice." Isaac's grip tightened around the last Pokeball on his belt, any remaining tension ebbing out of his body. "But . . . that doesn't change the fact that I refuse to cause anyone that pain, if I've got any say in it."[break][break]

"I'm not always so lucky. But today, I was."[break][break]

There were no higher-ups observing. There was no life or death situation pushing him into doing something he'd regret. There wasn't even an unlucky accident that brought tragedy in its wake. There was only Isaac, the chance to choose vengeance over mercy presented on a silver platter.[break][break]

He soundly rejected it. Because no matter how many times this world kicked him in the nuts and spit in his eye, he was never going to give up hope that it could be better. If it was going to prove him wrong, it needed to stop being such a coward and kill him already.[break][break]

Until then, he would press onwards towards the future he wanted, even if he had to make it with his own two hands.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 9:34:01 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

With the Sceptile cradled on her lap, she listened to Isaac’s story.

She noted the time he mentioned. Half a year would've placed it sometime around the Meteno incident. For a moment she feared that perhaps it had happened doing the Littleroot Ordeal, that perhaps she had even had a hand in it.

“For a member of Team Rocket, you are awfully soft, are you not?” She spoke, the small hints of a smile on her face.

“Or perhaps I’ve just been jaded by the constant catastrophes and conflict of the region.” When had she grown so accustomed to the thought of taking lives that she had so readily attacked Isaac and his Pokémon?

“Either way, an apology is in order.” She lowered her head apologetically. “I am sorry.”

(This might be the first genuine apology from a politician in Hoennian history, too bad there was no journalists to take a photo.)

“I never got your name, Mr.?”

PROMPT:
- 10 IC post

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,312 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 13:58:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac had long accepted that he was a softer side of Rocket, but he'd never had that fact called out so directly before. He certainly didn't expect that callout to come from Rocket's biggest enemies. The slightest bit of a blush poked out from beneath his mask. "Yeah. Well, someone's gotta be, right?"[break][break]

He sighed, casting an eye out to the makeshift campsite he'd set up. "Would you believe me if I said it took ending up here to make me this soft?" he said, voice quiet and contemplative. "I know, I know. Sure as hell not how you'd expect things to go in an org like Rocket. But I went from a loner with no prospects to being surrounded by people. Had no choice but to start opening up again, y'know?"[break][break]

"I forgot how good it felt to care." A small, sad smile spread across his face. "I sure picked a hell of a place to learn that, huh?"[break][break]

Deep in the cave, people important to both Elinor and Isaac waged a senseless war over who could wake God and expedite the destruction of the multiverse. Isaac wanted so badly to condemn the whole thing, and yet he knew his words meant nothing. Rocket would never stop throwing the world into disarray so Walsh could have a fraction more power. How could he condemn the League's escalations and excesses when the people he loved were the reason why?[break][break]

"I promised myself this life wouldn't break me." Pain laced itself into his smile, despite his best attempts at hiding it. "Maybe it already has. Just in a different way."[break][break]

At Elinor's apology, Isaac turned to Echo and nodded. The Ralts teleported over to the weary councilwoman, splashing a cloud of healing Life Dew onto her and her weary team. "And there's mine," he said, holding out an arm for Echo to teleport back onto. "That should make us even."[break][break]

Yet an apology wasn't all she wanted to trade. She also wanted to know Isaac's name, which was immediately off the table. Still, for the unexpected honor shown by the councilwoman, he could play ball. Just a little bit.[break][break]

"You can call me Blackjack."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 16:39:07 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Isaac spoke, and for once she did nothing but listen. Listen to his words as he pondered her statement. She said nothing, didn’t give him any replies, not because she did not want to, but because she could think of nothing that would not devolve into something accusatory.

Instead, she focused on the Ralts making its way over to her and her group. She gave the Ralts a thankful smile as the life-dew washed over them, easing the recovery of both her and the Sceptile.

Both trainer and Pokémon found the energy to get up, stand upon their feet once more. Only for Isaac to surprise her with a fake name.

A mild chuckle escaped her. “What, like the game?” She teased, as her face grew softer for a moment. “Well, Blackjack, if you ever want out of Rocket, let me know. The League could use more people like you.”

Why did it feel like this was reaching a natural conclusion? Perhaps because it was. And unfortunately for her, it seemed yet another attempt at capturing a member of Team Rocket had resulted in Failure.

PROMPT:
- 10 IC post
- 250 Tie
- 100 Mission Completion.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,312 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 1:37:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Ha! Somebody gets it!" Isaac clapped once, reclining back against a nearby rock. Rocks were comfy, right? Echo made sure to quickly float a cushion underneath him so his casualness didn't come at the expense of his spinal cord.[break][break]

"See, everyone thinks it's so mysterious and edgy. Got a cool ring to it, y'know?" He turned to look towards the ceiling, as if trying to see stars in the crystals lining the Ultra Deep Sea. "But really, it just means I hit 22 and went bust."[break][break]

He snickered a little at the cynical joke at his own expense. "Devil's in the details, eh?"[break][break]

Their little teasing back and forth was nice. It was safe. Even with a councilwoman, Isaac was fluent in the language of sass. It was easy to forget just who he was talking to and carry himself away on a raft of easygoing banter.[break][break]

When Elinor's more sincere offer broke through the veil, that safety went flying out the window. Isaac blinked rapidly from sheer shock. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. His heart started to pound inside of his chest. His skin started to pale. He'd successfully proven his honor and integrity to Elinor, but at what cost?[break][break]

Perhaps he'd proven himself a little too well.[break][break]

"That's one bold offer," he said, a slight bit of strain beneath his voice. "What, you telling me the League's on the lookout for burnout renegades now?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 8:50:28 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Momentary surprise hit Elinor as Blackjack made a rather cynical joke at his own expense. Honestly, she didn’t like that thought, but she hid it well enough the moment she realized it was there.

By Arceus, she wished it wasn’t such a common story in Hoenn. You would think with lax taxation and free healthcare, people would do better. But yet another piece of evidence to the contrary stood before her.

Blackjack spoke and she listened, a small smile formed on her lips as she readied to reply. “Burnout renegades? No.” She paused. “People with the heart, mind and will to help the League do better, yes.”

PROMPT:
- 10 IC post
- 10 Assistance by offering "Job opportunities at the League"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]