He/Him
October 21
Castelia City
Heterosexual
Pokémon Trainer
Single
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
25 posts
Ito Arxien DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @itoarxien
Ito Arxien
Tumbling Down, Tumbling Down [POSTDORMITUM]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 6:57:33 GMT
Ito Arxien Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

The caves were far from quiet, and all Ito could really hear from within them were the shouts and yells of the people locked in conflict. He caught himself sprinting faster than he usually ever drove himself to, pushed forward by a sense of responsibility he usually wasn’t ever shackled with.[break][break]

’Just come help out man! I’ll be in deep trouble if any rockets get into this place on my shift! I’ll pay you! I swear!’[break][break]

He’d accepted such a sudden request without thinking twice about it, and only recognized the potential danger afterwards, rushing along to meet up with his ‘partner’ he’d been called out to help.[break][break]

… meaning he’d need to get over the unbearable feeling of paranoia, as if he’d put himself in the worst possible position somehow. Haxorus roared as it ran ahead of him, but even a part of Ito still could tell that his partner was just as tense as he was.[break][break]

That similarity was one of the two things he always felt so thankful for, more than anything else.[break][break]

+10 MP for IC Post, +10 MP for feeling of deep character paranoia (Once this thread), +50 for participation[break]
70 MP total obtained

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]:spades:

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#008080;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

[/div][/div]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 7:46:22 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
How did things go so poorly, so quickly?

All Colton was supposed to do was help secure the opening to the rift so the League could get a secure place to move supplies and armor down to some of the camps within the Ultra Deep Sea. He really shouldn't have been take by surprise when the group of Rockets suddenly stormed out from behind every stalagmite and what ever nook and cranny they shoved themselves into to hide. The situation quickly shifted from one of relative calm to total chaos, a situation Colton had quickly tried to scurry away from.

Thankfully, many were occupied, which opened up a gap for him to finally push through, only for Rocket members to creep their way out of the shadows and block his entrance to the rift. He had been quick to call for back up, though none arrived immediately, meaning he would have to hold off the ever advancing Rockets for a few more moments. Just until help arrived.

"Gunk Shot!" he shouted. Burnout's engine revved as the command was given, his mouth opening up as a large wad of poison shot out of it, slamming into an enemy Liepard and sending it tumbling backwards some distance. It was unclear just how much damage Burnout had done, but that wasn't really Colton's concern. He just needed to keep them occupied for long enough for someone stronger to come and help him out.

OOC: Caves 1/2
50 MP (Participation), 10 MP (IC Post)
close tab

played by

Draco

He/Him
October 21
Castelia City
Heterosexual
Pokémon Trainer
Single
0 height
0 height
awards
25 posts
Ito Arxien DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @itoarxien
Ito Arxien
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 16:21:25 GMT
Ito Arxien Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Rounding the corner of the pathway he followed, the path suddenly opened into a much wider area, this one filled with a single scientist with his back to a wall, and a group of four or five or so who were clearly up to no good. [break][break]

At least, that’s what his first impression said.[break][break]

”Vor! Dragon Claw!” Ito called out to his partner, leaving the Haxorus free to charge ahead, imbuing its body full of draconic energy. With the benefit of surprise on their side, it’d lunge once entering the clearing, then swing its axe like head.[break][break]

The already tumbling pokémon was caught in a combo, and sent flying down the exit pathway without its trainer, who sprinted off after it to deal with treatment.[break][break]

”Colton, right!? I’m Ito! I’m here to help!” He shouted to the scientist, hoping he was the one he was supposed to be helping in the first place.

+10 MP for IC Post[break]
80 MP total obtained

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 20:51:10 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton would have jumped with joy as a Haxorus suddenly appeared from nowhere and sent the still recovering Liepard even further away with an attack of its own had he not been riddled with anxiety, its unexpected appearance making him jump with a very unintimidating yelp. But his shock was quickly replaced by relief as his much sought after aid finally arrived. "Oh, man. You couldn't have picked a better time to show up!" he said as he and Burnout managed to recoup and recover.

With help by his side, Colton felt a sense of confidence fill his chest, one that his Revavroom seemed to match. Purple flames spat from his cylinders as his mouth turned upwards in a grin, tongue wagging happily. "We've got a lot of people to take on, so you'll need to crank it up, okay?" he said, prompting the Revavroom to rev his engine in understanding. With a mechanical clicking sound, the pitch of Burnout's engine dropped as he SHIFTED GEARS before blazing off at blinding speeds.

"Iron Head!" Burnout, with another spurt of poisonous exhaust, launched himself at another one of the Rockets' Pokémon, a Graveler, and smashed into it, sending it teetering back in a daze while another's Sawk lunged in, landing a heavy KARATE CHOP onto Burnout's body.

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 70 MP
close tab

played by

Draco

He/Him
October 21
Castelia City
Heterosexual
Pokémon Trainer
Single
0 height
0 height
awards
25 posts
Ito Arxien DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @itoarxien
Ito Arxien
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 3:10:27 GMT
Ito Arxien Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

There existed a minor difference between the team rocket members and Ito and Colton.[break][break]

It wasn’t skill, that much was a guarantee. If placed in a room with a trainer worth their weight in badges, there was a far higher chance than not that Ito would be sent home with a single sheet of paper with a crimson L printed on it.[break][break]

No, in this case the difference was simple, yet heartbreaking. It was a universal law of the world put into practice, an unwritten rule of nature that all things followed.[break][break]

Those with power dominate the weak, and in this case the ‘powerful’ were those with fully evolved pokémon, unfortunately.[break][break]

The monsters they carried around in pokeballs were more than capable of developing into colossal threats, capable of things humans just weren’t. For example, the olive green light that coated the Haxorus’ tusks as it charged carried unbelievable weight, swinging like a deadly axe for what it believed to be a Conkeldur, only for the illusion to give away on contact.[break][break]

The poor Zoroark never stood a chance, and crashed into the already topped Graveler at high speed.[break][break]

”Lucky break! Keep it up and we’ll-“[break][break]

An icy chill swept over the cave before Ito could finish talking, as hail began to fall from the ceiling in a place where such a thing should be impossible. ”Snow…. Abomasnowwwww!” The source of the hail could be heard from even down the tunnel, heavy footsteps approaching the current battlefield.

+10 MP for IC Post[break]
250 MP total obtained across event

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 4:28:54 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Burnout skidded back after the attack, shaking himself back and forth as he recovered from the attack, but the Sawk wasn't relenting, already coming in with another blow ready. But the Revavroom was ready this time, his tires squealing as he reversed away and the Sawk's foot uselessly cracked the ground where Burnout had once been. Purple flames spurted out from his cylinders as he readied himself to attack once again, only for the sudden appearance to hail give both him and his trainer pause.

Colton shielded his face as the Abomasnow made its presence known, stomping its way towards them with a snowstorm swirling around it. His eyes narrowed before he looked towards Ito. "We're not out of the woods, yet! Take care of this Sawk and I'll handle the Abomasnow!" he said. This guy's Haxorus was powerful and they couldn't risk having it take a big hit from an Ice-type, especially with the hail now wearing down on their Pokémon.

He turned his attention back to Burnout, who was still busy using his heightened speed to avoid the Sawk's blows while peppering him with GUNK SHOTS. "Shift up again, then take out the Abomasnow back there!" Colton shouted. Burnout, his grin only growing wider, revved his engine up even higher, the purple flames coming out of his cylinders growing in intensity as his SHIFTED even higher.

With blinding speed, he rocketed past the Sawk, his tires leaving skid marks on the ground as smoke built up around them before the Revavroom suddenly SPUN OUTlaunched itself into the air, spinning around rapidly before its body slammed into the Abomasnow. With both his heightened speed and attack, the force Burnout generated managed to launch the much larger Pokémon back in the direction it came tumbling end over end.

Burnout landed back on the ground, his engine downshifting as his tongue wagged in amusement, as the Abomasnow slowly got back to its feet, very clearly hurt from the attack.

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 80 MP