TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
A Little Birdie Told Me [COMMS]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 18:07:24 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"]

[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
For hours, they’d slaved away at the table in hopes of cracking a particularly challenging nut. Apparently some silly little Leaguer had found a way to mitigate a few of their more insiduous weapons. It really made her quite testy.

So, to prove her poisons still had a place in this conflict, the scientist was doing her best to find a workaround. It reminded her of evolution on steroids. The Ekan’s poison grew more potent. The Yungoos slowly evolved resistance to it. The war continued ad infinitum. Truly beautiful. And something humans had lost a need for far too long ago.

Calpurnia stared down at the field lab, violet eyes hawk-like in their observations. A smile curled her lip as she pulled the newest batch of science from its reservoir. A quick trip to the microscope confirmed her earlier suspicions. A vicious smile twisted the elder woman’s plumb lips as she pushed the repurposed camping chair back from the rickety table. “I think we have it, Shizue.” Calpurnia announced to her companion as she stood up.

From his napping place, Perseus rose with a toothy yawn. His two-toned eyes turned critically to the other scientist as he padded over to her. On his heels, Calpurnia followed with pronounced clicks of her heels. Violet eyes flickered to a nearby communication tower as the purple-haired woman sat down on Shizue’s desk. “Well, love.” Shapely legs crossed. “I believe it is time for you and I to be little birdies.” A paper—recently printed out—was clutched in the elder woman’s claws. Written on it was a chemical formula. Though many people would think it Greek.

Hopefully, no silly little bootlickers were listening in.

Notes
  • + 50 MP for thread start
  • + 10 MP for Post

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][/quote]

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 20:33:22 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
Using her first name like that. How brazen. The ‘love’ part was more so on paper, but she knew it was merely a figure of speech. The casual use of her name was not though. At least it would not be in Johto. It was enough to make her look up, confused, momentarily. However, she soon remembered. People in Hoenn were more…direct. They lacked decorum. This woman had the exterior of a cultured lady, but she also had an attitude that Shizue’s elders would consider unbecoming.

Not that she minded too much. Shizu was unbecoming, too. Just in a different kind of way. That was why she was here. Well, for that reason and because this was a good place to study. And she could bear with a brazen woman. Especially when the latter was evidently versed in the art of science as well. “We will see,” she simply stated. It wasn’t to take the wind out of the other’s sails. She was just always careful to not consider matters solved until she was fully satisfied. Hence, she would take the paper and look at it first thing, seemingly putting her focus on that instead of the other woman for now.

It just was more important. “Theoretically, yes. Synthesizable with what we have at hand, certainly. This place still offers unknown variables impossible to take into account. Copious amounts of testing will be necessary.” Which was probably fortunate for their little war effort, anyway. At the end of the day, the worst this could do was causing less negative effect than predicted. It certainly seemed worthy of trying, one way or another. “I take it you have that in mind when speaking about birds?”

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
This vessel is a lie, a shapeshifting beast, a lesson in fluidity
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 21:15:25 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]

The elder of the two chirped, “I am sure we shall.” Calpurnia knew questioning another’s work was wise, but it stil did not make it being done any less irritating. Especially when she had been doing this sort of work longer than Shizue had been alive. Allowing the woman to survey her work—confident it would be satisfactory—the violet-haired vixen turned her attention toward the horizon.

“Wow.” Everything around them was lit up like the remnants of a fireworks show. It really is beautiful. The light came not from some artfully applied gunpowder, however. It was the effect of a hundred battles below. The light and glimmer of a terastal crystal. The blinding light of a Z-move or desperate mega evolution. As Shizue proofed her work, one manicured hand dropped to her feline companion’s head. “It’s stunning.” Hopefully her babies and besties would come out all right.

Calpurnia smiled. “Desperate times. Desperate measures, hm?” Testing could be damned in a situation like this. Though, in truth, she thought it could be damned in all situations. “Few things are as effective as a trial by fire.” At the question about birds, the woman chuckled. “No, no. It is a Hoennian turn of phrase.” Kelpie smiled, turning to give Shizue her full attention. ”I was thinking we could pass this formula to a few more science checkpoints.” It would make synthesis easier. “The more the merrier, right?” And, in the case of the league, the deader.

“Though we could try sending it via passenger Pidove.” She chuckled, almost tauntingly. Though, the second she said it, the more effective the idea seemed to be. Airwaves were a lot easier to break into and pass to some opposing egghead.

NOTES
  • +10 MP for post

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 20:44:43 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
The elder was apparently momentarily distracted by the chaos of battle. But that was natural. Ability to concentrate on important matters did diminish with age. Not that she minded, of course. As with most things, Shizue was completely neutral towards the other in that regard. Unless something severely impeded the other’s ability to work on matters, it was what it was. This whole project was seemingly working out, so it was good. Simple as that.

“Proper scientific testing is more effective. And efficient at the same time. Utilizing it at pre-trial stage risks us giving too much information away too quickly. A plague that does not cause enough harm does allow the opposition to research it and develop countermeasures for it before we can properly weaponize it.” Then again, they were in a field lab. They would not be able to do this proper, period. But that just reinforced the notion she believed in that they were going about this all wrong by doing research during battle to begin with.

But it was what it was. It would be better otherwise. Yet, they had to work with what they had. “Given the circumstances, proliferating at semi-random does appear the best method available, however. I reckon that we use messengers, however. It is always prudent to assume the enemy is at least as crafty as we are. And giving them the formula is giving them the solution. Slower work is better than rendering it redundant.” Playing around a bit with her pen she would look up at the other, remaining secret. At the end of the day she would defer to her elder, no matter what. But she would also speak her part regardless.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 8:18:50 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]

Well, someone seemed to have a stick up their bum. And, judging by the general neutrality, it did not even vibrate. A prim hand lifted to wave away the younger woman’s concerns about the efficacy of field testing. “In most circumstances, yes.” She crunched her numbers and data like any good scientist. “Though, I think efficient is a stretch.” All of the bureaucratic red tape led to a lot of wasted time. Pokemon and lab testing could take years and rarely lead to desirable results. “There are many things only found out through a field test.” Then again, while she understood the importance of validity and repeatability, Calpurnia tended toward impatience.

“And, unfortunately, they are not giving us much choice.” The product deployed seemed foolproof—not that she ever believed in such a thing. Idiots could be quite persistent when they put their little brains to it. “The workaround they found is equal parts stupid and effective.” It’d be nice if someone mentioned that particular loophole before all this—oh, wait, she had. “We can perfect the formulation when we return to HQ. Or, at the very least, type it out.” Typically one for fanciful cursive and heart-shaped riddles, her lab notes were a true story in contrast. They were erratic and often cramped.

At the question of ciphering the formula, Kelpie smiled. Some part of her always wanted to play a spy—a femme fatale, of course. “Well, the encoding can not be too difficult to decipher.” They needed the solution communicated tonight, not next week. The woman glanced at her bag where two books peeked out. One very much work inappropriate. The other book 27 in a cozy mystery series. “I would say we use the Rocket handbook, but no one actually reads it.”

Then, an idea came to her. A rather fitting one considering her tendency to vivisection. “Perhaps we can split the formula up? If they miss one piece, the League cannot do anything. But our side may be able to figure it out.” They were not the only eggheads in the field, after all.

NOTES
  • +10 MP for post

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 21:23:59 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
To be fair, this was decidedly not a place for vibrations. Other than those rippling through the ground due to a Pokemon’s attacks, at least. Those were perfectly normal and safe for work. Or safe to work in, really. As long as they stayed far enough away from everything they would be fine. Hence, Shizue did not appear at all worried about the proceedings.

She was worried about making mistakes, however. “A field test is testing. Distributing the formula to everyone isn’t, at least to me. Frankly, a lot of our compatriots are not necessarily suited for proper field work and we risk playing this hand too early.” That was her stance on the matter. Testing was fine, as long as it happened in a more controlled environment. “That being said, if we do proliferate, a cypher does not appear too useful. We would have to give the other parties the means to decipher it. Which itself can be intercepted. In fact, we cannot even be certain that the outposts we do plan on sharing this with are still in our hand.”

Shizue sighed. She was well aware that right then, she was mostly pointing out problems but not truly delivering solutions. That was not exactly something she enjoyed. Yet, the other clearly was the kind of person who acted, who got things moving. It felt only natural to be a counter weight to that. Shizue tended towards patience, certainly. “But the combination could work. Your messenger Pokemon idea. Send encrypted formula over the airwaves and Pokemon with the cypher. That would increase the number of components the opposition has the intercept, making that less likely.”

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 13:21:11 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]

Ahhh, I get it now. Calpurnia smiled softly, a bit more empathetic. The little chickadee was not on a high horse, she was frightened of making a mistake. As someone who likely came from a 4.0 GPA, the feeling cropped up often in the labs. Scholastic life often graded on a black-and-white scale. The true value of failures rarely got explored in depth. So, a lot of her compatriots—especially the little fledging eggheads—would hesitate on important decisions. They would try to create iteration 3.2 of a product before letting anyone reveal the base code.

“Come now.” The older woman cooed. “I do not intend to spread it around like a high school pregnancy rumor.” Calpurnia tittered at Shizure. The very idea was silly “I just want to get it to the sector that needs it.” And, if it worked as intended, the other side would not know what hit them. Or, more accurately, what they’d sucked in. The concern about falling outposts received a prim little sigh in return. “It is rather chaotic out there. An, well, pass codes and code names only do so much.” An unfortunate reality when the other side happened to be just as prepared to use torture.

When Shizue joined the solution crew, Calpurnia grinned, releasing a little golf clap. Mostly because the constant needling without actin had started to chafe like a cheap pair of panties. “Ah~<3! That’s perfect.” The scientist smiled viciously. “We can up the difficulty by sending a number of decoys. Only the real ciper will head to the target zone.” Losing a Pokemon—as long as it was not Titania or Purrsy—did not bother her in the slightest. “Do you have any Pokemon that could help with that?” Her hands trailed across her waist. “I have a Vivillon and a lab reject.”

NOTES
  • +10 MP for post

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 22:24:02 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
The clap seemed fairly unnecessary. Shizue could already infer that this woman was, in a way, looking down on her. It was hard not to notice. Though she also figured that it was probably done without too much intent. Some people just were that way. It was something that came with age and accomplishment. She probably did it to complete rookies too, though she always tried to remain grounded. Probably a given with her background, after all.

But at least they were now somewhat on the same page. Shizu sighed slightly. “That certainly would help. Though they will know something is up if what they get is complete gibberish. It has to be a convincing fake. Something that looks like it could work at first glance, but fails on the second. A reject of sorts. Fortunately, we got enough failed ideas for that.” Shizue was no stranger to mistakes. As that probably showed, she was actually somewhat apt at putting them to at least some use. It was only with the big swings that she did not like to miss.

“I do not have any fliers on me.” Not that she owned many to begin with. It probably had something to do with her lack of interest of actively hunting those down herself, really. Fliers got away much too easily. “I do have an Inteleon that is good at sneaking through dangerous areas, however.”

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 1:02:25 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]

The talk of gibberish drew a smile to the elder’s full lips. “I suppose a romantic letter will not do either?” The idea of a bird being captured and confessing a star-crossed love to it seemed so romantic. It might even spark a bit of infighting as people pondered which of them loved the enemy. “Then again, that is gibberish to the wrong person.” Her third child, for instance, found the idea of romance and sex disgusting.

At the reminder of their failures, Calpurnia chuckled. Her upper body pivoted slightly, locking onto the mess of notes on her table. While the scientists on the other side wouldn’t be silly enough to make a bomb, they could be set to chase their tails. Turning to her own work station, Calpurnia smiled. “Perhaps we can unite one of my attempts with one of yours?” It’d have to give them some tantalizing results—just enough to wet their whistles. “Maybe forge some promising testing data as well.” It’d make the enemy think they were farther ahead of the curve than initially thought. It might prompt them to rush.

Instead of dissatisfaction, Calpunia’s face shined with smug satisfaction. “Perhaps a pronged approach is best. Keep them guessing at the delivery method.” Ivanka could be trusted to accomplish the job. The ability to change her appearance would create the illusion of multiple deliveries. With the plan pretty solidified in her hands, Kelpie clapped. With a smile, she hopped off the desk.

“Let’s get to work, love.” A pen was pulled from her pocket. A pair of dark purple glasses placed back on her nose.

NOTES
  • +10 MP for post

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 21:35:18 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
‘Love’, ‘romantic letters’, this woman certainly seemed drawn into useless ways that seemed unbecoming for one of her age. Shizue could never really work with people that were so unabashedly focused on matters like that. It seemed like a waste of time. Not that she was a prude or anything, she knew how useful it could be to vent in those kinds of ways. But at the same time, pursuing relationships and the like just seemed like a bother. Hence, she usually just discareded such notions.

Instead, she liked to focus on the matters at hand in any given moment. “The added bonus would be that disparate styles would appear to be a form of encryption in its own right. If something does not add up but appears important, the usual inclination would be to think it having hidden meaning.” At least that was what she would think facing something like that. There just was too much to lose simply ignoring such matters, after all. They had to be pursued

This seemed a promising course of action, so she went to work, briefly considering some pieces that could appear loosely connected and adding it to the pile with the other’s. “We probably do not have to put too much thought into appearances. Haphazard notes would fit this scenario decently well, I reckon.”

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 18:49:40 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]

Calpurnia allowed her smile to tilt impishly to one side. Precisely the point.” It also meant she wouldn’t have to contaminate her perfect little field notes with something alien. “We want to waste as much time as humanly possible. So, we must give them a few wrong trees to bark up.” Though, if Kelpie had her way, those would have figurative thorns. The woman paused to hide a yawn, stretching her arms toward the fiery sky. “Any stall is a good stall, after all.”

Even an extra second could be the difference between victory and defeat. Much like her heels, the fate of the world is often balanced on the edge of a razor blade. “It is fieldwork, after all. It would not do for it to look like a proper presentation.”

Unlike Shizue, the mother did not immediately get to work. Instead, she took a moment to reorganize her desk. Trademark pink paper clips went back into their cups and the freshly emptied coffee cup disappeared into a trash can. Purrseus was also allotted some time to find the perfect spot beneath the desk. Only after things were just so did Calpurnia turn to the work at hand. Flipping through a few initial prototypes, she settled on one with promise. This she expanded on—providing a few breadcrumbs to the right solution. But, like bread crumbs to Hansel and Gretel’s cottage, these ended in a horrifyingly dead end.

Once she completed a handful of these amalgamations—which brought to mind Bomi’s poor little end—she pushed herself back from the desk. “I believe I am ready.” She spun her chair back toward Shizue with a vicious push. “It’s time to decide which chamber gets the bullet.” Personally, she would go for the weakest, least useful-looking Pokemon of the lot.

A Charizard seemed far more worthy of attention than a Rattata.

From the balls at her waist, a Vivillon, Charizard, and Zoroark emerged. The last is almost translucent. Though bruises were present, all three seemed capable of doing the job. For his contribution to this enthralling operation, Purrseus merely yawned.

NOTES
  • +10 MP for post

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 20:50:57 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
And that was why she usually did not like field work. Always disarray, short-cuts and improper note-taking. That was how people found themselves with more mistakes than necessary. She was not deathly afraid of those. But she still did not like making them. Shizue was a perfectionist in her work at times. It hurt to do things haphazardly that she knew she could do better. But she sighed and got to work anyway. Because any result was better than no result at all.

For that reason, she released her Inteleon once the other had returned with her ideas. It was decision making time. “Naturally, it should be a Pokemon that is well-known to be one of yours. You seem to know more people in Rocket more personally than I.” A simple assumption, since she did not bother with most people herself. “And we have to consider the other side needing to trust the message not to be a fake. So, the most average, yet known Pokemon of yours should simply do.” Though naturally, that one also ran the highest risk. Shizue simply assumed that her meaning was caught insofar that the one would be chosen that was known to Rocket, but not necessarily to the League. They did not want to get sniped after all. That was more Inteleon’s thing, but he would have to run decoy this time, too.

“Unless you have a better idea, of course.” Or rather, a better reasoning. Because that was what it all boiled down to, in the end.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 17:29:14 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]

At the mention of familiarity, Kelpie turned to the Purrseus at her side. He lifted his nose in disgust—glaring back. “Unfortunately, that would be Purrseus.” She stroked the giant cat with the flat of her heel. “And my chubby-wubby baby just isn’t built for this.” Though he took offense at the word chubby—he was covered in muscle—the cat did not mind the sentiment.

“But I can always give our lucky little daredevil a memento.” The scientist leaned forward, removing the cat’s bejeweled collar. Still a fan of Shizue’s idea, she went with the Pokemon she used second most. The first thing she ever captured. An embodiment of her homeland and her own life story. “Most of them should recognize Tia, however.” It was not like this region was covered in Kalosian Vivillon. A nervous flutter of wings followed as Calpurnia moved to latch the collar around the bug’s waist. From its o-ring, she dangled the proper formula.

Kelpie wiggled her fingers in the lineup’s general direction. “Go ahead and pass them out, love” She tried to avoid touching Pokemon when she could avoid it. With the exception of Purrsy of course. He really was quite clean.

“Perhaps we could include a trap or two while we’re at it?” The woman smirked as she reached into her pocket, pulling out a poisonous barb. “They did a wonder on Joshie.”

NOTES
  • +10 MP for post
  • +10 MP for Poison Barb

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 0:14:22 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
Well, it was hard to disagree with that. This one was not going to win the races any time soon. It would make for a terrible messenger. Shizue had selected her own one due to that as well. Toxapex, Goodra, Swalot, most of her team was just incredibly slow. Electrivire was the fastest after Intelion and even that was more of a bruiser type, really. It was best to leave it to the flier that the other offered up. Plus, it had some relevancy to their research, even though it was not a poisonous bug.

On the topic of poison, though: “They could be used that way. But it would defeat the purpose, would it not? This is a chaotic situation out there. There is no guarantee that the Pokemon would be received with much care, even by our forces. Those barbs would be a risk to them. And an indicator to our foes that the intelligence might be tainted. After all, poisoning just one person intercepting a messenger is not going to prevent anything from being taken. It would just make the cargo look more suspicious.” Or maybe she was overthinking this. Or giving the opposition too much credit. At the end of the day, most rangers were fairly stupid.

But she liked to assume a baseline of competence from her opponents. At least until it was proven otherwise. Always possibly to remedy a faulty perception downwards. Upwards…not so much. “Stacking too many layers of entrapment is unneeded complexity in my opinion. Just increases the chances of things going wrong.”
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 16:06:12 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]

The younger woman's words were met with a sigh. One day, she would get to live out her fantasy of femme fatale. "I suppose KISSing has its benefits." After all, a poison payload might make opposing egg heads less likely to chase a solution to its conclusion. "I do hope they all return all right." Violet eyes swept chillingly across the lineup. " And alone." This particular hen did not wish to bring any foxes into the henhouse.

The Vivillon gulped. Next to her, the Charizard glared, tempted to just fuck off the second he was freed. Ivanka, meanwhile, was busy shifting through a full assortment of disguises. She finally settled on the form of a Mr. Rime. Once equipped with their message canisters, Calpurnia shooed them off the platform. "Come back here when done, loves." She smiled. The gesture unkind. Her attention is fixed on the rebellious Charizard. "I'd hate to have to find you." It's obvious this is one game of hide-and-seek it's best to sit out.

With that done, the group sets out on their journeys across the battlefields. Hopefully, the dears didn't run into too much trouble. Content to sit this one out, Purrseus returned to his bed beneath the desk.
NOTES
  • +10 MP for post

TOTAL
  • 100 MP for completion
  • 20 MP for special mentions
  • 200 MP for win
  • 80 MP for postS

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights