Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,326 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Tunnel Snakes Rule! [Postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 18:48:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]On the outskirts of the Ultra Deep Sea, far from the main fighting between the League and Rocket, one may notice a curious sight; a network of tunnels running through the walls, floors, and even ceilings of the main cave system. They were small tunnels for the most part, and easy enough to explain as scars left behind from ancient erosion and recent battlefields.[break][break]

That is, of course, until a mop-haired Dugtrio popped from one of these tunnels to check on the surrounding area.[break][break]

Another false positive. When this cave seemed to breathe like some type of living creature, it was all too easy to mistake its undulations for the sound of foosteps from above.[break][break]

From the ceiling above, a Vikavolt popped its head out, nodding to confirm the Dugtrio's suspicions. The cave was empty of friend and foe alike. Bad spot. Time to try again.[break][break]

Sometimes it was a Dunsparce. Sometimes it was a Garchomp. Sometimes it was multiple at the same time, four very different Pokemon working together in near perfect sync. Together, they scrambled forward in the name of one shared goal; finding the lost, the injured, and the weary, and guiding them back to safer passages.[break][break]

Their sidepaths and burrows stretched along the sides of the cavern, tracing each of its paths and branches like veins tracing a skeleton. For the most part, theirs was a quiet, lonesome vigil.[break][break]

But who knows? Life had a way of throwing out curveballs to break the monotony.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 19:08:55 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Akira just... wanted this day to end.[break][break]

It was a grim thought for any person really, as usually such feelings were associated with bad experiences and memories. But to say her day was bad? that was the understatement of the century. An insult to the word, actually, because everything leading up to her treading through these fucking caves was... horrid...[break][break]

She had to be the worst trainer in existence. Mimikyu and Umbreon were knocked out, which happened after two separate trainers refused to fight her for how horrible she was. Then she got shoved down a hole, was chased by a flying monster, then flown around by a league psychopath...[break][break]

Usually Akira was adamant on keeping her whole- "bad guy" persona up and running. The last thing she wanted was to be berated for pretending to be someone she wasn't. But she was just... so done.[break][break]

An exaggerated sigh would escape the Rocket member as the walked and walked.. finally seeing the caves at least turning back to normal. But without any pokemon, she was practically defenseless. And the sounds echoing through the walls of this hellpit didn't help her paranoia...[break][break]

The sound of something breathing through the earth would cause Akira to physically jump, using every fiber of her body to not scream. Oh no, she was terrified- but not at the expense of directing another league member to her vicinity...[break][break]

That didn't stop her from sending a threat out into the darkness. "-Whoever the fuck is there, you better turn your happy ass around and leave!" It wasn't a yell, but... oh man, she sounded so tired and angry.[break][break]

Silence... Akira would sigh loudly, raising a hand to rub her forehead. "-I'm one step away from going apeshit on someone..."

[break][break]

[break]
NOTES:[break]
-caves-10 MP

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#F1AD5C;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,326 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 20:17:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Akira gazed into the abyss, and the abyss gazed back. Specifically, the abyss was the sorrowful eye of a Garchomp, who hadn't expected to suddenly be both trod upon and yelled at in the span of about thirty seconds.[break][break]

Sighing softly, the landshark dove out of the land like a watershark through water. It dragged its tail a little as it slunk out of the way, its gentle heart bruised.[break][break]

Then it froze up, remembering why it was here. It turned around to face Akira, giving its head a curious tilt. It pointed a single, sickle-shaped claw forwards, trying to identify just who this strange girl was and just what she was doing here.[break][break]

From the floor in front of him, a Dunsparce poked its head out to see just who had shown up. From behind Kira, an Alolan Dugtrio emrrged, bobbing up and down curiously to get a better look. From the ceiling came a Vikavolt, its wings buzzing pensively as it tried to gauge whether the girl was friend or foe.[break][break]

Akira was surrounded, but none of the strange Pokemon seemed to be attacking. If anything, they were all looking towards her. It was if they were waiting for her cue to figure out what to do next.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 20:29:20 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

It took her a moment to realize it, but... the outline of something was ahead of her. It was big, it looked scary... she wasn't about to get chased by another pokemon was she?[break][break]

The ground beneath her would suddenly shake with a familiar rumble, suddenly resurfacing repressed memories from the Dugtrio ambushes during her Cargo mission with . "No- nonono, don't- ahh!"[break][break]

Out came the Dugtrio, bursting out in front of her and causing her to stumble backwards into the Vikavolt. At this point, she couldn't hold back the yelp from experiencing horrid memories for the second time in these fucking caves. Eventually.. she fell to the ground on her butt, feeling out the dark floors for a rock... or something...[break][break]

Oh... she was so fucked... "P-please for the love of- don't throw me into the cave ceiling again!" she pleaded, directing her trauma at the Dugtrio. "I- I won't survive being a fucking bean bag again. I just wanna get the fuck out of this caveeee!"

[break][break]

[break]
-caves-10 MP

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,326 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 21:57:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The girl seemed shocked and alarmed by the emergence of several subterranean Pokemon. Considering what she'd been through, it was the only sane reaction. She fell flat on her ass, scrambling back and ranting towards the Pokemon surrounding her.[break][break]

They looked between one another, as if trying to come to a consensus. The Dunsparce nodded, using her Hyper Drill to push her way back into the tunnel network they'd connected. That left the other three remaining by the girl's side, wondering just what they were going to do with her.[break][break]

It was the Garchomp that stepped up first, softly setting a fin on her shoulder. A soft, gentle rumble came from his throat, sounding like an alligator trying its best to copy the purr of a cat. His anatomy wasn't built to comfort, but that wouldn't stop him from trying his best in the face of her fear.[break][break]

Next came the Vikavolt, descending to the safeguard the space in front of her. His mandibles clicked together a few times, kicking up a few sparks to help light the tunnel so that the girl could see. Were anything hostile to come out of the blue to pick a fight, he would be her first line of defense.[break][break]

Finally, the Dugtrio remained in place. One by one, they began to bob in and out of the ground. Their movements were slow and soothing, providing a steady rhythm for the girl to ease her breaths with. It was as if they had turned into a living metronome.[break][break]

For the time being, the trio simply waited here like this. Their fourth would be back with their trainer soon. For the time being, the least they could do was show this strange girl that they meant no harm.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 23:35:40 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She... wasn't sure what the hell she was looking at. Without Umbreon next to her to decipher things, she'd assumed these were wild pokemon causing mischief at her expense but... one by one, they acted strangely nice. For Akira however, it was a change of pace that she cherished.[break][break]

She was a bit jump at first, but little by little she felt more comfortable- and replacing her paranoia was regret. Did these pokemon belong to someone? And to think she'd yelled at them.[break][break]

In an unusual manner for a Rocket, Akira looked up to the Garchomp resting a fin on her shoulder and gave it a somber look. "Uh- sorry for yelling at you. Today has been the definition of horrible-" Attempting to stand, Akira would raise a hand and pat the pokemon on the head. "Uh- lets just pretend that didnt happen..."

[break][break]

[break]
-caves-10 MP

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,326 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 23:51:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Pretend what didn't happen?"[break][break]

Just Akira's luck. Of course the mysterious hallway voice had to wait until she said something mildly embarrassing to reveal itself.

Perhaps the other Rocket would be someone that Akira recognized as he headed down the tunnel. Perhaps he'd be a total mystery for her. Whatever the case may have been, he seemed to come in peace. The only Pokemon that he had with him was the Dunsparce from earlier, the tsuchinoko hot on his heels as they approached.[break][break]

The Garchomp, sensing that Akira wanted to stand, took his fin off of her shoulder. He took a step in front of her and offered his arm, as if helping her stand after her spill from earlier. At this point, he'd gone from helpful to downright gentlemanly![break][break]

"Sidon, you didn't give her a scare, did you?" Isaac chided as he approached. Flabbergasted, the Garchomp shook his head, only for the Vikavolt to glance over to the Dugtrio instead. Its two lower heads bobbed up and down in unison, in an approximation of shrugging. "Dudes? Seriously? I'm . . . not even gonna ask how you guys did that, honestly."[break][break]

"Still, don't mind the mob. They can get a little quirky sometimes, but trust me. They mean well." He looked the girl up and down, as if trying to gauge what she was going on her ass in a tunnel in the middle of a warzone. "You doing alright?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 2:11:14 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

It took everything in her not to welp in surprise, as her hand would suddenly fly to her mouth to cover it just before she was about to pat Garchomp. Good lord, she was so jumpy... stop that...[break][break]

Turning to see who the voice belonged to, Akira found herself in a state of surprise. As a grunt, she did not know many people- and neither did others know her. She was, after all, a nobody. But that didn't mean she wasn't attentive to rumors and names uttered around the organization.[break][break]

Rumors of a masked man within the ranks of the Rocket League was not something that could be easily ignored. Rumors created enigmas, ones that felt like the boogeyman more then anything. And yet- the voice of the man approaching did not match the rumors she'd heard among the other runts...[break][break]

"Uh-! No, there was a misunderstanding, it wasn't their fault!" She found herself instinctively jumping in- before clearing her throat and collecting herself. Right- the whole rocket act... "-I could be better. This cavern and it's... quirks are not a joke..."

[break][break]

[break]
-caves-10 MP

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,326 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 2:22:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The poor, frightened girl immediately jumped in to defend Isaac's own team from his chiding. It was kind of adorable.[break][break]

"Y'hear that, guys? You're off the hook on this one," he teased. He walked up, giving Sidon a teasing punch on the arm. The Garchomp didn't hesitate in returning the favor for a second.[break][break]

With his light teasing out of the way, he cast a glance down the length of the cavern that Akira had navigated. From what he could see, there was no trace of venom slathered along the walls. There was no sickly-sweet dream mist drifting away, or Arceus forbid, toward the duo. There was none of the damage of an active warzone chipping away at the walls. For as rattled as the girl was, she'd fought her way back to a spot of relative safety.[break][break]

She seemed like a survivor. A fighter, even.[break][break]

"Man, do I know that," he said, the slightest bit of weariness blending into his voice as he commiserated. "I've never spent this long in an Ultra Wild before, and after this? I think I've had my fill for a long, long while."[break][break]

A touch of worry gnawed at the back of Isaac's brain. The realm's machinations could be anything from a bit of paranoia gnawing at the brain to fifty lashes from a Nihilego. He wouldn't be able to help this girl until he knew just quite was up with her. "So. What's this place thrown at you so far?" he asked, cocking a single curious brow.[break][break]

He could only hope against hope that she'd been spared the worst of what it had to offer.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 3:57:50 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase1"]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Despite the... rather pitiful image it painted of her, she was glad to see that the trainer was letting their pokemon off the hook for something that had been her fault. She didn't allow herself to smile, but... she did let the warm bubbly feeling in her stomach sink in.[break][break]

"Haha- yeah, too much of it for me today-" She tried to phrase it like a joke, but... the amount of dread and fatigue in her tone gave the comment an unintended heavier meaning...[break][break]

Ah, yes. And then that question was asked. The orange haired girl would let out a groan as she begun to walk closer. "-Too much." she said curtly. "Way.. to... much... I'm one step away from snapping. And not in the pretty way." Ugh, just that comment alone irked her the wrong way. Kouji... that league fucker that knocked out Umbreon... She really hoped this guy wouldn't push her buttons like they did.

[break][break]

[break]
-caves-10 MP

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#F1AD5C;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase1]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,326 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 4:40:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The girl said little, but her tone spoke volumes. A curt acknowledgment coiled around a weary attempt at a joke like a vine around a branch, cutting it off before it blossomed into something more real and dangerous. Despite holding back like this, she was also all too open about how this day was making her clear.[break][break]

"It's too much for anyone, if you ask me." With most of Rocket's finest pushing deeper and deeper into the heart of the Deep Sea, Isaac felt bolder about letting his true thoughts fly. This battle was a stupid idea on every level, and anyone left behind to pick up the pieces knew it. "And it sure as hell isn't getting any easier."[break][break]

Was it the cave that Isaac meant? Or was it Rocket itself?[break][break]

That said, it seemed seriously too much for this girl. When she was flat out admitting she was a step away from a breakdown, Isaac knew things were getting ugly. "Just hold it together a little longer," he requested, sympathy bleeding into his voice even as he tried to hold it firm. "I've been keeping an eye on one of the side rifts here. Follow me, and I should be able to get you out without much trouble."[break][break]

Maybe she was League. Maybe she was Rocket. Maybe she was one of the poor fucks caught in the middle. Far as Isaac cared, if you were as done as her, he'd give you a hand either way. But just in case, he figured it wouldn't hurt to dig a little deeper.[break][break]

"So who are you, anyway? And what's got you here?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 20:22:27 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

...Why was he being so nice? He was a Rocket wasn't he? Perhaps her perception of others in this fucking organization were making her cynical. And yet, she was thankful for his presence, even if her mood was unnerving.[break][break]

She did pray, however, that he would not try to step on her toes or test her. The last thing she needed to stomach was another dick measuring contest. "I didn't anticipate any of this to be easy. But miserable? Tsk-" she lets out a snort, but she's quick to catch the venom from her words. "-Neverminded, its probably my luck more then anything. Pretend I didn't say anything."[break][break]

As they walked, she did come to admire his willingness to help others. He hadn't asked who she was, did he- oh, there it was. "...I'm Akira. Uh- I was sent down to deliver some communications but... things didn't go as planned. If it weren't for a league member () I finessed I would still be stuck down there..."

[break][break]

[break]
-caves-10 MP[break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase1]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,326 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 0:10:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"It's war. Misery's a package deal."[break][break]

While his words were blunt, there was an underlying concern beneath them. Did Akira know what she was getting into when she joined Rocket? It was one thing to be in his position, when Walsh had to make his new direction for the organization known and the propaganda painted the picture of a better world. But now that they were in a post-Meteno world, where the record showed that Rocket had invaded in the face of the literal apocalypse, their presence here was harder to justify.[break][break]

"Mm. I could do that," Isaac said, mulling over Akira's request. For the time being, he said nothing else, letting the girl finish talking before he stepped up again.[break][break]

Her name was Akira. Was that her real name, or her callsign? Shit, did she even have a callsign? For all Isaac knew, she was just a lost, wayward civilian, press-ganged by one of the two sides into doing some communication work. In either case, she slipped in, did what she had to, and ended up lost in the endless branches of the Ultra Deep Sea. It was all too common of a fate around here.[break][break]

The situation continued to feel all too familiar with Isaac. He, too, had been lost during a warfront, pinned down by the weight of expectations, the misery of his work, and the pain that his loved ones had undergone. He, too, had only been bailed out by a member of the League taking mercy on him, stopping him before he charged off on a mad, suicidal rush.[break][break]

She was even missing an eye. Was this just the living incarnation of his mistakes?[break][break]

"I'm glad you made your way out," he said, the relief in his tone genuine even as he held back the floodgates. She mentioned a League member. That meant she had to be Rocket, because Arceus, these parallels weren't strong enough yet. If his time in Rocket convinced him of anything, it was that dramatic irony was real and strong, and it was his enemy. "This place is pretty dangerous, so we're not out of the woods yet. But we're almost there."[break][break]

The tension gnawed at the back of his brainstem. There was so much he wanted to say, so much he hated to revisit, so much he couldn't forget no matter how much he tried. It had been half a year, and yet he'd never quite left that day on Mt. Pyre behind.[break][break]

A new Pokeball burned brightly in his pocket. Maybe it was about time he gave it a shot.[break][break]

"You know," Isaac mused, looking down the tunnel. "All our higher ups are probably deep in the trenches right now, huh? Arceus knows they live for this kind of thing." Was there a single admin, Beast, or Underboss who shied away from combat left? The least bloodthirsty of the bunch had all defected by now.[break][break]

"Bet it's nice not having any eyes on you for a change."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 3:45:15 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

"Good."[break][break]

Every ounce of Akira's presence is doused in a raging conflict. A desire to be freed from these caves, yet too tied down by... misery, as she'd said. Yet while on the surface level her mannerisms were really bad, merely inches from going off the first excuse she was given, things were a hell of a lot worse then Isaac thought.[break][break]

The worst part about it? It was a self created cataclysm of horseshit of horrible decisions and biting off more then she could chew.[break][break]

Akira remained silent as they begun to walk, mostly due to how fatigued she was- the less energy used the better. And yet, she couldn't hold back a pitiful groan. Should Isaac turn, he'd witness Akira raising a hand to her face to rub her eyes.[break][break]

"Thats wishful thinking, and you know it. There's always someone lurking around the corner. And when there isn't nobody, rumors make noise to make up for it." She speaks truthfully, but her tone seems very jaded for someone who was new to Team Rocket. "-Heavens forbid someone has any semblance of peace. Keeping my head low already has me on one of the underbosses' shitlists. And that shit wasn't even my fault..."

[break][break]

[break]
-caves-10 MP

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,326 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 3:59:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Good? If misery loved company, then Akira was gearing up for a raging house party. Isaac shot her a curious look, but elected not to push the issue for the time being.[break][break]

Not when Akira was going a perfectly good job of pushing the issue herself. The second Isaac commented on their current situation, the girl became far more talkative.[break][break]

Her jadedness came not from a place of expectation, but instead from a place of experience. Something had happened while she tried to keep attention off of her, and instead she ended up right in the eyes of the Underbosses. Isaac thanked his lucky stars that his poker face on the outside hid his wince on the inside. He'd been in that position earlier today, and that was with an Underboss he already knew and trusted. A relative unknown ending up in that same boat couldn't have been pretty.[break][break]

"Something tells me you either really don't want to talk about it, or really, really do. Maybe both." Probably both, if he was being honest. "So how 'bout we make a deal?"[break][break]

"I tell you my story if you tell me yours. That work for you?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]