507 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
this killing field [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 22:59:54 GMT
parker jones Avatar
no one is unbreakable, but parker jones is damn well fucking close. karma came for her ass real quick after she wailed on the unnamed leaguer who'd been caught in the current of war. but is it really fair? is it really fair when she's just as snared, if not more so

guess he probably got out worse, given the pulp she'd turned his face into. she doesn't even know if he deserved it. 

do they ever deserve it? 

she doesn't think like this. she can't think like this. life is shit until it's not, and then it's shit again. she's just a small piece of that. she brings the pain or the pain comes down on her. 

and it will come it will come it will come it will come

amulius walks beside her, but his steps are nervous. they are quite literally, lost. she'd escaped with her life from that whirlwind battle, but only because she'd fallen off a floating rock and onto another one. and now she drifts. sometimes gravity does things gravity absolutely should not do, but she's good and fucked. 

once, she has to duck under cover and squat behind a rock because a group of league rangers pass overhead. but those were the last people she saw. well, there are the mist people. the swirling shapes, somewhat familiar, that keep whispering things to her, but she just keeps shoving her fingers in her ears and plodding along, staring at the ground.

and keeps walking and walking and walking. 

10MP for paranoia
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,435 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 4:15:03 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi was lost.[break][break]
She wasn't proud of this; she had studied all of the Ultra Deep Sea maps Rocket had compiled from various expeditions - including one of her own - before she'd entered the fray. And yet. She'd somehow stumbled into an area unknown to her. I let my guard down after...[break][break]
After she'd seen them. Her parents...their dead bodies mutilated and torn apart, cast aside like useless debris. In Kanto, results were what mattered, and they hadn't delivered. Though she had parted from and his terrible memories, backpack stuffed to the brim with massive Tera crystals for furthering her research, she had not necessarily stopped thinking about what she had seen. The dream mist had showed her the answers she had been craving for decades...and, finally faced with the truth, she found that she did not know what to do with it. She had boldly - and genuinely - promised Gavin that she would not make the same mistakes her parents had, but what did that really mean? And had they...been thinking of her when they'd died? Had they regretted anything...regretted leaving her?[break][break]
And so she'd wandered aimlessly, lost in thought. And now she was physically lost.[break][break]
It was Valerian who noticed the figure ahead, nudging Nomi's arm with his nose. She looked up, suddenly alert. There was someone walking steadily in her direction, expression haunted, fingers in her ears as if faced with a very loud sound. Nomi caught her breath as she realized that she recognized the battered woman marching towards her.[break][break]
It was .[break][break]
Perhaps it was the fact that her heart had been recently dragged out of the safe she normally kept it locked up in, bleeding from the wounds it had suffered within the dream mist; perhaps it was simply because the Ultra Deep Sea was a strange, oppressive place that could not be endured alone for long. Nomi began to run.[break][break]
"Parker!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Nomi's Outfit Inspiration (she is dressed in all black tactical gear with a black mask, her pink hair tied up under a hat)[break]
POSTDORMITUM: CARGO[break]
MP Tracker
  • 50 - Participating in a Postdormitum Mission
  • 10 - IC Post in a Postdormitum Mission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
507 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 21:32:06 GMT
parker jones Avatar
someone is calling for her. someone is calling after her. her face twists in a scowl and she growls in frustration, wiggling her fingers deeper into her ears until they hurt. "fuck off!" she shouts to the mist. her gait is a little off because her arms are crooked, but she speeds up nonetheless. 

for about two feet before amulius strides in front of her with his hands on his hips, blowing annoyed embers out of his nose.

he grabs her wrists with his talons and pulls sharply. her ears pop and she scowls up at him. he is unaffected. more than that, actually. he looks amused. tired, but amused. 

so she turns. the shape is familiar. relief and dread vie for dominance in her. she manages a weak smile by the time nomi catches up to her; a subconscious movement has her hiding her bloodied hands behind her back. 

"nomi? are you real or more mist shit? if you're mist shit, i swear to god, i'm gonna scream."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,435 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 3:04:35 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Even as Nomi's heart raced excitedly and her eyes lit up at the sight of Parker's short red hair, muscular form, and stormy grey gaze, her mouth turned down in a concerned frown as she registered Parker's somewhat panicked expression and overall wary demeanor. Around them, more Tera crystals glittered ominously in the dim lighting of the Ultra Deep Sea.[break][break]
Parker looked like hell. More than that, however, she looked afraid. This was deeply disturbing to Nomi; whatever could scare a fighter like Parker must be horrific indeed.[break][break]
Parker's words brought sudden clarity to the tension-filled moment, however. Bad experience in the mist? Nomi knew what that was like all too well.[break][break]
The pink-haired scientist smiled softly, attempting to silently convey her understanding. Finding that Parker's hands were unavailable for some reason - hidden behind her back - Nomi sidled up close and reached up, gently brushing her fingertips against Parker's cheek. The contact was tender and intimate, a gesture meant to comfort rather than startle.[break][break]
"I'm real," she murmured. "There's no mist. You're safe with me."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Nomi's Outfit Inspiration (she is dressed in all black tactical gear with a black mask, her pink hair tied up under a hat)[break]
MP Tracker

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
507 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 3:55:13 GMT
parker jones Avatar
the mist sort of reacts. it lashes at their feet, disgruntled, and doesn't really like that parker wants, more than anything, to trust that this isn't one of its tricks. it helps that amulius doesn't seem bothered by it in the least.

nomi's looking at her like a real heartbreaker though. her touch is soft and it is gentle and it is so very alien that parker decides, yep, must be the mist, but she doesn't mind it. this is nice mist. nice mist nomi can stick around. 

"okay," she says and swallows thickly, suddenly very very unsure about what to do with her hands. she forgets they're bloodied, knuckles split under torn rags, and raises them to pull mist!nomi's hand from her face. 

"i, uh - where the fuck are we, by the way?"
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,435 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 16:22:04 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

To Nomi's relief, Parker relaxed into her touch rather than freak out further. There was still a faint wild look to her eyes, as if she were not quite convinced all of the danger had passed, but she seemed to be more at ease. Her shoulders slumped slightly, giving off an air of tired acceptance, and then her hands finally made their appearance.[break][break]
"I don't know where we are," Nomi sighed. "But I have a map with me, I'll get it out in - "[break][break]
Parker slowly drew Nomi's hand away from her face, and Nomi blushed, realizing this was the first time to two of them had ever technically held hands...but, there was something wrong with...[break][break]
Nomi's crimson eyes widened. "Parker, you're hurt," she exclaimed, bringing her other hand up to cradle Parker's bloodied knuckles in much smaller, unmarred palms. Nomi's brow creased as she examined the wounds. Split skin, dried blood, cracked bone, bruises...[break][break]
"You were fighting," she observed, without judgement. She ran her thumb over the torn rags, wondering if she had anything in her bag she could use to re-bandage them. "Where else are you injured?" She eyed Parker with a more discerning gaze, trying to figure out whether the other woman was in more pain than she was letting on.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MP Tracker

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
507 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 0:19:23 GMT
parker jones Avatar
she doesn't really think a map is going to help. especially because every time she blinks, it feels like the seaweed is a different color. or the ground or platform or whatever the hell they're on is longer than it should be. maybe it's just the place getting to her (of course it's getting to her). 

she goes rigid, wincing at nomi's featherlight touch on her throbbing hands. she barely notices the pain these days. 

"i'm fine, doc. fine enough to make sure we get outta here." because obviously she has to protect nomi now. it won't be a good day if rocket finds out one of its precious head scientists suffered grievous injuries under her watch. same old shit, she thinks glumly. 

"few bruised ribs. really, we're good." she inhales deeply (very bad idea. very very bad idea.) and utters a fuck as her not-bruised-very-much-cracked rib twinges.
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,435 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 2:57:33 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi was not convinced. Parker winced every time she sucked in a breath, stiffened as Nomi continued to hold her hands, seemed to be standing out of sheer stubborn determination rather than any sort of wellbeing. She'd been limping along in an aimless fashion when Nomi had found her. She looked bone-weary to a degree that anyone less tough would have passed out by now. It had to be more than bruised ribs.[break][break]
"You don't seem fine," Nomi insisted, gentle tone giving way to genuine anxiety. She glanced around, spied a cluster of boulders a few feet away. "Why don't we just rest for a bit by those rocks?" Her eyes were pleading. You don't have to pretend with me, she wanted to say, but instead she suggested: "We can look at my map together, figure something out."[break][break]
Carefully, gingerly - so very, very gingerly - Nomi tugged Parker in the direction of the makeshift oasis - hardly anything comforting given their surroundings, but at least there wasn't dream mist leaking out of it. Val nudged Parker's leg with his nose - affectionately - encouraging her to follow Nomi.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MP Tracker

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
507 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 0:13:24 GMT
parker jones Avatar
amulius is on edge. not because there's danger around. not because the mist is trying to stick to parker's ankles, despite amulius' flaring of his talons to keep them at bay. not even because parker is hurt to hell (and he knows her ribs are cracked, idiot). 

but because parker is deeply, deeply uncomfortable. she looks wide-eyed at nomi and runs out of excuses because it's kinda hard to talk without squeaking.

"rocks sound great. real comfy." 

she's clearly being herded. and she's letting nomi herd her. her baffled gaze drops from the back of the woman's head and onto the hand delicately holding the tips of her fingers. heat crawls up the back of her neck and she squashes that real fuckin' fast

but her smile quirks back to normal when the sylveon nudges her leg. she'd bend down to give valerian a pat, but, well, yeah. instead she follows nomi to the outcropping and keeps her grunting to as much of a minimum as she can manage while she lowers herself down. 

"so you came here on purpose? i thought everyone just got dumped in this shitshow together."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,435 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 0:47:24 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi let out a small sigh of relief as Parker consented to being guided over to the cluster of boulders. With the same care she might use to handle a particularly delicate sample in the lab, she helped Parker take a seat, resting her back against the stone. It wouldn't be very comfortable, but it would be better than standing, at least. Val curled up next to Parker, resting his head in her lap, uncharacteristically affectionate. Nomi raised her eyebrow, surprised at his behavior. Usually, Valerian was prickly with anybody who tried to get too close to Nomi but it seemed Parker had made it onto his very exclusive "preferred humans" list.[break][break]
Nomi glanced at Amulius, but when it didn't seem like the Blaziken was going to sit any time soon, Nomi took a seat on Parker's other side. She dug into her pack, being careful to avoid cutting herself on any sharp Tera crystal edges, then pulled out a small digital tablet. "I have been here several times, actually," Nomi explained. "For research." She didn't need to mention that one of those expeditions had nearly resulted in her untimely death. Parker was already spooked enough by the Ultra Deep Sea.[break][break]
"I helped compile a report on the Seal Stone that was found by Rocket, the one that motivated Walsh to send troops of us down here." She smiled proudly. "I worked hard to become one of Rocket's head scientists. Going on missions like this is expected of me." She paused. "And to be honest, I'm...not all that afraid of it." She blushed a little, wondering if Parker might think her strange moreso than brave.[break][break]
She pulled up the map on her screen. It was imperfect - an amalgamation of various coordinates Rocket had been able to compile based on just a handful of successful expeditions - but if she was reading it right...[break][break]
She scooched closer to Parker in order to show her the map. "I think we're here," she pointed. "Not that far from the Granite Cave portal, actually..." Shoulders touching, the warmth of Parker's body noticeable in the general chill of the environment, Nomi suddenly realized just how close they were. Her blush deepened.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MP Tracker

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
507 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 1:08:48 GMT
parker jones Avatar
several times. on purpose. it doesn't make sense. no one in their right mind would do this. except they would, wouldn't they? all those fucking rockets out there crawling all over each for a chance at glory. she feels her stomach turn and it's not because of the ribs or the mist or the deep sea heebie jeebies. it's because nomi really believes it. 

and more than that, she plays a bigger part in it than parker really considered.

she's not afraid. parker looks away, shadow over her face. she splays her fingers over her abdomen, wishing that it were the only place she hurt. but her heart aches in her chest. guilt trickles through her - a long-buried, shoved-away guilt. nomi's blush goes unnoticed.

lips pressed thin, she looks over when nomi moves closer to her. "there's a portal?" she sighs. "okay, well, you're the brains. i'll be the brawns. and then when we get the hell outta here, i'm gettin' breakfast." she scratches at her midriff. "though guess it's lunch now."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,435 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 3:10:09 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Parker tensed, looked away. Nomi froze, sensing the other woman's sudden discomfort. Did I say the wrong thing? Silence fell over them. Fool, she chastised herself, the memory of the mocking dream-mist-Parker-voice asserting just how unattracted she was to someone like Nomi echoing loudly in her mind. She doesn't care about you or your stupid science.[break][break]
Her science wasn't stupid, but never had Nomi felt more ashamed of her passion than in that moment. She'd trade all the brains in the world for Parker to actually look at her like she was worth a damn.[break][break]
Nomi cleared her throat, feeling unbearably awkward. She scooted away, giving Parker space, a cold rush of air filling the gap between them. "Brunch sounds nice," she murmured softly, making a small joke out of Parker's comment about which meal-time it must be, masking her embarrassment behind an innocuously pleasant smile.[break][break]
Nomi stood, gathered up her bag. Digital map in hand, she held out a hand to help Parker up. She glanced at Amulius, assuming he would assist. Val yawned, loath to leave what could have been a good napping opportunity; reluctantly, he stretched and got to his feet.[break][break]
"I'll get you to the portal," Nomi assured. You, not us. When they reached it, Nomi would part ways with Parker, despite the temptation to find food on the outside. She still had work to do and...Parker probably didn't want to hang out with her longer than she had to, anyway.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MP Tracker
  • 10 - Assisting another character and/or their Pokemon

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
507 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 18:37:56 GMT
parker jones Avatar
parker might be obtuse, but she knows eggshells. she knows clammed-up-swallowed-down fear. 'cause her targets, when she's knocking down their doors, they all give her the same look. they give her that pleading, stupid look of don't you understand? and how much can i tell you? and how much will you see through?

and it's ground her down, but it hasn't made her any better at caring. now, though. now she's trying to wrack her brain thinking of what to say to fuckin' mist!nomi, who she's frankly certain isn't all mist anymore, but maybe she's a mist zombie instead. 

'brunch' makes her think of skinny blonde bitches clinking their little cutesy mimosa glasses together and going 'omg i'll have the avocado toast on gluten free bread!' but a big plate of half a dozen eggs and half an emboar's worth of bacon and some freshly squeezed orange juice and a couple sides of toast sounds fucking baller. 

her stomach gives a loud grumble, mouth watering. 

"why don'tcha come with?" she says, running her blood-streaked fingers nervously through her hair. "brunch sounds a lot fuckin' better than this crazy shit, don't it?"
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,435 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 1:42:18 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi tried to ascertain the meaning behind Parker's invitation. Was it merely politeness? Or did she actually want Nomi to stick around? Nomi might have perfected her observation skills over the years, but when it came to reading other peoples' emotions, she was far less certain than she was willing to admit.[break][break]
"Sure," she agreed, smiling, the joy she felt at the idea of spending more time with Parker completely devastatingly sincere. Some small, terrified part of Nomi was screaming at her to stop hoping, to expect nothing, to avoid the pain of rejection at all costs. She ignored it, throwing herself forward, directly into the open jaws of desire, a Sharpedo that had been circling her ever since Parker had first punched her way into Nomi's life.[break][break]
They began to walk in the direction of the portal - slowly, due to Parker's injuries. Nomi stopped every so often to help stabilize her, a gentle hand on Parker's arm, an encouraging smile. Around them the mist began to thicken, the shadows lengthening. Nomi's chest began to ache with apprehension, a cold paranoia creeping down her spine. Something wasn't right. The mist was too thick. It seemed to coalesce between the two women like a forcefield intent on keeping them apart.[break][break]
"Parker?" Nomi called out, realizing she had lost sight of - and hold of - her companion. They hadn't been far from the portal, had they? Valerian growled softly, as if in warning.[break][break]
She needs me... Nomi pleaded in her own mind. She needs me to get out...[break][break]
Perhaps her encounter with Parker had been just another trick of the dream mist. She stood for a long time trying to figure out what was happening, heart aching.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MP Tracker
  • 10 - Assisting another character and/or their Pokemon
  • 10 - Incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread
  • 100 - Completing a Postdormitum mission
  • 300 - Losing a Postdormitum Mission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
507 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 18:13:42 GMT
parker jones Avatar
she's fine, really. she doesn't need all the coddling. but she doesn't make a move to stop nomi either. some small selfish part of her likes that she's looking at her with such concern, thinking that a few cracked ribs are enough to ruin her day. 

amulius does his best to keep the mist at bay. every once in a while, he blitzes out a couple of warning shots from ember feathers, but as the portal nears, it crowds them very suddenly. parker is awash in a sea of it. when she realizes she's lost nomi's grip, it's too late.

her name is called. she whirls. "nomi? nomi!" but it's no use. 

something big and something hungry growls from all sides and amulius' priorities shove nomi to the bottom of the list. he yanks parker by the arm and throws her like ragdoll through the portal, following soon after.

"fuck. fuck, fuck, fuck."

"you, grunt. get away from the portal. looks like it's fluctuating. we need you on cargo duty."

she scowls at the portal and turns sharply away, nodding briskly to her superior. so much for brunch.