awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 22:08:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Oh, no,” he cracked as he heard ‘Groot’ introduce themselves over the line, “don’t tell me I gotta call the Raccoon now and get the fancy blaster gun out?”

He broke into another fit of the snarky laughter but had to keep it down as he realized that the trap he’d laid out was still missing something—ah, right, there we are!

Pulling out a safety glove, he then reached into another pocket for the handful of poison barbs that were given to them as supplies, before subtly scattering them along the path in not-so-obvious positions as well.

“Whoops, can’t forget about the sudden booby trap barbs now…” he cackled once he’d hiccupped himself back into some state of seriousness.

(Of course he’d heard what Ollie had said, but chose not to lash back at it.)

“See… that’s the thing. I—I don’t think he ghosted me. We still got messages until… man, don’t make me pull my phone out now. I’onno if it’s going to work in this crappy place.”

pd: comms
100 ↠ comms thread
50 ↠ participate in a PD thread
80 ↠ post in a PD thread
10 ↠ used poison barbs to lay a trap

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 4:10:22 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollietop"]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "wait - " he burst out into laughter, breaking character. "if i'm groot, you're the raccoon?"

[break][break] there is the sound of something moving, and ollie turns, impulsively throwing a SCATTERBANG at it. a flock of winggull take to the sky, but no rockets.

[break][break] huh. maybe it was a fluke.

[break][break] "you got messages from him? or you mean - your messages went through?"

[break][break] a pause.

[break][break] "i mean, don't get me wrong, lars. i get it more than anyone. i know what it's like to - "

[break][break] not get over them.

[break][break] he sighed.

[break][break] "i hooked up with penny."

[attr="class","ooc"] + [break]
COMMS [2/2]

[newclass=".littleollie"]--accent:#FFB546; } .littleollie { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 70px 50px; letter-spacing:0.6px!important} .littleollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littleollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littleollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littleollie img { filter:grayscale(100%); } .littleollie { border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px!important;} .littleollie .title { text-align:right; margin-bottom:20px; } .littleollie .title b { border-bottom:1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 9:15:11 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Yeah, you already did the ‘I. Am. Groot.’ Line, so,” he broke off as he tried his own impersonation of the sentient living tree character but failing because he could still tell that it was him and not Grot, “…I gotta be the Raccoon ‘cause like he’s the only one who can understand Groot, right?”

He heard the feedback pick up on a popping noise, and realized that the other may have thrown a scatterbang and sent some surprised Pokémon flying or some sort. Over on his end, though, there was nothing.

“Yeah, that’s what I mean… the messages went through. They kept going through and he was replying, for some time, but then…” he trailed off, closing his eyes and thinking back to the last time there was a reply…

“…the texts stopped coming in like, a year and a half ago.”

And the rest of the message trail was just him, trying to get some signs of life but not getting a response at all.

“…which is why I want to see if I can jump to another universe and look for him. Just. You know. Seeing another universe version of him, alive and well—would be enough for me.”

Although he didn’t add the words, ‘happy, and alive, and maybe together at the Stray, then I wouldn’t be so lonely.’ That… the feeling of loss was still eating away at him, even after all this time.

“…sorry if I just dumped all this on you.”

He then blinked at the mention of a certain name.

“Wait, didn’t you do like, the LDR thing with her?” he braked, switching the flow of the conversation and turning the spotlight on him.

100 ↠ comms thread
90 ↠ post in a PD thread
300 ↠ coming to terms with the loss of a certain partner

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 16:48:43 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"]

"good point," he says, bemused. that meant that lars was the only one to understand him. [break][break]

he supposed that wasn't exactly wrong. they'd been through a lot together, the two of them. [break][break]

"you deserve better lars, then some half measures. wouldn't the other worlds have another version of him anyway? it wouldn't be the same." [break][break]

the head ranger was one of his longest friends, and he only wanted the best for him. [break][break]

and plus, lars was one of the few people who he trusted to tell him what he did. [break][break]

so he threw the bomb down. metaphorically speaking of course. [break][break]

"huh?" he blinked and then realized exactly how long it'd been since they'd had time to talk about this. neither were really the type to be good at that long distance thing. "oh, yeah, but that didn't work out." [break][break]

"we broke up years ago, remember?"

COMMS [2/2]

[newclass=".littleollie"]--accent:#FFB546; } .littleollie { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 70px 50px; letter-spacing:0.6px!important} .littleollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littleollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littleollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littleollie img { filter:grayscale(100%); } .littleollie { border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px!important;} .littleollie .title { text-align:right; margin-bottom:20px; } .littleollie .title b { border-bottom:1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 17:11:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Well, you haven’t told me about that part either. The breaking up,” he retorted, blinking as he thought he heard something… approaching.

“Wait.”

He then clicked off the ear piece as he looked through the binoculars towards the direction where he’d set up the not-so-elaborate trap that he’d done earlier.

The popping noise of a scatterbang alerted him, before he definitely heard something—no, someone human cursing as they got their feet stuck in the—

Lowering his voice as quickly as possible, he continued quietly, “Someone’s coming my way, the traps on my end just went off and—”

He head even louder cursing, before realizing that there was someone (more like several someones) dangerously close to where he was.

“Let’s talk about our lost loves later, someone’s headed my way and they’re definitely Rockets…” he continued as he gave the other man his coordinates and instructions to join him as soon as possible—he couldn’t take on them in a 2v1 battle!

100 ↠ comms thread
100 ↠ post in a PD thread
10 ↠ set off a scatterbang trap!

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 18:09:59 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] oh.

[break][break] he supposed at the time, the only person he had told was . and then later, he'd told through letters. he assumed that he'd already told lars, but maybe because he tended to assume that the head ranger knew everything about him anyway.

[break][break] "sorry."

[break][break] but back then, it had been hard to talk about it. things like misery or sadness weren't easy topics for ollie to discuss; he would've much rathered burrowing himself in whatever physical activity he could then talk about something like feelings.

[break][break] he was kind of stupid like that.

[break][break] "what? what is it?"

[break][break] before he can speak, however, the sound of something rattles in their communication devices. ollie knows exactly what it is. who else could it be?

[break][break] "got it. c'mon tofu! lars needs our help!"

[break][break]

COMMS [2/2]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 21:53:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: