128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
WEATHERED TOME [pd cave]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 6:11:27 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

To say it's been a long day has been an understatement. While he was able to whine for emergency care, here he is. Milo sat slumped against a wall of a cave, bandages around his forehead and ribcage. His beloved crew-neck was tied around his waist, exposing his chest and tattooed arms. He spoke softly to his pokemon, who at the very least was in something approaching fighting shape.

"We're almost out, Pumpkaboo. I just need you to hold out a little longer. I'm so sorry."

He said, watching Pumpkaboo sit infront of him. The little gourd looked every bit as burned out as he was, but dutifully used Leech Seed. A series of seed pods hit the mouth of the cave infront of them, acting as bear traps for the time being.

Milo curled up his legs, checkered sneakers sitting parallel to the even ground. He hung his head between his knees, and sighed. Pumpkaboo noticed, and leapt into his arms.

He hugged the little thing, and scrunched up his face, like he was holding back a tear. He then forced a grin and looked up, just long enough to see her watch him lay his trap. Milo cleared his throat and spoke up.

"...Hey. It's been a long day, huh. It's good to see a familiar face."

close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
WEATHERED TOME [pd cave]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 6:23:42 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase1"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

While she was absolutely done with today, to some extent she was in a better place then she was a few hours ago... Oh, if only the masked guy didn't get into a big fight in his camp... She could be sleeping peacefully. But no, apparently the safe zone the guy made HAD to be the setting for a dick measuring contest. Luckily she was able to slip away without being caught...[break][break]

But was it really worth getting lost again? Definitely not- And yet, she felt safe with the warm Charizard Blanket around her shoulders. A blanket that smelled like adventure. But- that was an easy thing to fix.[break][break]

Alas, Akira would find herself jumping upon walking into an open space- the sound of a familiar pokemon using an ability on a far off entrance. And, looking at where the source was-[break][break]

This had to be a fucking joke.[break][break]

A look of surprise would quickly morph into one of distain. "..." Should she even bother with him? Was she really ready to deal with a headache like him again? Ugh- "-I can't say the same." She says truthfully.

[break][break]

[break]
NOTES:[break]
-caves posts-10 MP

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase1]font:11px roboto;--accent:#F1AD5C;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase1]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
pressure cooker's got me runnin out
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
WEATHERED TOME [pd cave]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 6:39:47 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

He felt like he had to prove himself again. The two of them butted heads before, and he didn't wanna go 0-2. That being said, his heart and mind were pulled in two directions. Milo slowly tried to stand, leaning on the wall of the cave with his back to the trap he'd lain.

"...I know how you feel. But... I'm too tired to fight anyone right now."

He said, with a sigh that deflated his whole chest. He felt like a kid again, ready to cry that he wanted to go home. But... that isn't acceptable for a 22 year old man. For a man with the criminal record he had. For an artist who trashed as many hotel rooms as he had.

Milo just clenched his teeth behind closed lips and pleaded with his eyes. He reached a hand down, scooping Pumpkaboo in his arm. He lowered his elbow, hitting the wall with his shoulder. He then dug out his canteen, and drank water cold enough to send a chill down his spine.

He then placed the cap over the mouth and tilted it, as if offering it to her.

"You can strangle me later. Right now, we both need a break."

close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
WEATHERED TOME [pd cave]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 6:55:31 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She simply watched with that deadpan expression on her porcelain complexion, not even bothering to humor any small talk or hide her distain. While he seemed defeated in every aspect of the word, something beyond that seemed- off from the last time they ran into each other. Was it a lack of confidence?[break][break]

No, maybe not- but she wouldn't blame if it were the case. Getting beaten up by someone as frail as her would have been an insult to anyone's ego. She looked him up and down before continuing. Damn, it looked like someone had put him through a blender compared to- well-[break][break]

-Ugh, she couldn't bother worry about him! He was just a stranger- and a rude and annoying league member at that! "-Good." she said curtly, her eyes narrowing as a bottle was held out to her. It didn't seem like she was very interested on accepting the offer. "Because I have no interest in adding onto the laundry list of-"[break][break]

Rather then continuing her harsh words, she paused as he- he wanted to- he wanted to what? "Oh, so now you want to be nice?" The bite of her tone was undeniable. "And what makes you think you can walk out of this cave in that state? You'd probably have more luck waiting for aid from someone you havent pissed off-"

[break][break]

[break]
-caves posts-20 MP

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase1]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
WEATHERED TOME [pd cave]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 7:21:36 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

He blinked a few times, and bit his lip. Milo looked at the ground, and back up to her. She was run ragged too, what with that cold front slowly melting. Milo forced a grin.

"...Yeah, now. I think I owe you an apology. And... what good news I can spare."

He said, recalling his conversation with Ashley. "Have you met the other Juniors?"

"Someone's looking out for us. You, me, and Kouji. This guy's a real sweetheart. If I keel over and you run into Ashley, tell him I said hi."

Milo smiled warmly. His mind was already somewhere else. The three of them out to lunch, with his surrogate older brother. A man who took him at his word, and lent an ear to his sob story about being blackmailed.

He then insisted on the canteen again.

"I don't see you running either. ...Me laying a trap notwithstanding. See, if someone jumps us, Pumpkaboo will be strong enough to fight again. --Point is, can we just like... have a breather while we still can?"

close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
WEATHERED TOME [pd cave]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 1:50:54 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Akira was quiet for some time, using her sharp eyes to pick apart every aspect of Milo. She was judgmental, and she had every right to be. But to think that he was serious about being apart of Team Rocket....? She still wasn't sure. But if they were friendly with Kouji... then was more trouble then she thought.[break][break]

Alas, she finally broke the silence. "I don't know who this Ashley person is. But- If you know Kouji-" She hesitated to continue that statement. Instead, she corrected herself. "-You should have been more clear you were working with Rocket. That whole misunderstanding could have been avoided earlier-" Yeah, that checked out. She didn't even want to imagine how annoying this guy and Kouji would be together...[break][break]

She hesitated again as the canteen was offered to her again. And, quietly, she would decline. This time it was a bit kinder. "Yeah, I'm beat up- But you need that more." she stated, before setting her blanket covered self ontop of a nearby rock. "-I was going to take a breather anyways. I intend to return to the camp I was resting at when the pokemon battle is settled. You may actually benefit going there instead of trying to leave the cave- its much closer."

[break][break]

[break]
-cave posts-30 MP

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
WEATHERED TOME [pd cave]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 2:06:48 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Milo winced. He'd had this conversation... four times now. So far, Ashley was the only person who took him at his word. He felt like a kid tattling to a teacher.

"...I regret how I said it, but I told you the last time we spoke. As of right now, I'm still collecting intel. The second I get cell reception, I'm texting my contact about every league member I met."

He said, before smirking. The thought of the two grating on her was hard to avoid, despite her... crossing all his wires.

"He's real as hell. I was planning a heist... Within two seconds of meeting me he was in on it. We saw one of those new monster pokemon and had to book it, but still..."

Milo heard footsteps nearby and clammed up real quick. They then sounded further and further away, leading him to breathe a sigh of relief.

He nodded, setting the canteen down. Milo looked her up and down. Akira looked every bit as burned out as he did. He couldn't help but feel bad, whining about where he was at, physically and mentally. Certainly didn't help that his voice naturally had that boyish tone.

"...I don't think I caught your name. I'm Milo. And... My plan is being rested enough so that I can book it. Unless of course, you have unfinished business here. Nobody's coming to save us, so we have to have eachother."

close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
WEATHERED TOME [pd cave]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 4:29:45 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Akira didn't seem as hostile as before, neither did she seem to outwardly doubt him either. She was simply... neutral, and distant. Whether it was due to distain for him, or merely a means to protect herself, that was for Milo's imagination to decide.[break][break]

"...With what phone?" she said in response to him 'contacting his contact'. She did, after all, break his phone when he mentioned he was going to leak rocket intel. Despite the question, she didn't seem to apologetic about her actions.[break][break]

Not like it would have been much use right now, anyways. They were underground in these fucking caves... not even Arceus could save them. Well... scratch that. Who knows what gods could do. This were the thoughts that crossed her mind as the boy continued on- her face skewing in uncertainty.[break][break]

"-Akira," she finally responded after a small pause. "Well, even if you rest you won't make it out in one piece. This place is crawling with League members. Though, there is a safe camp nearby where you could rest. Theres some weird mask guy looking over it..." Weird and annoying. She found herself clutching the charizard blanket around her shoulders. "Its not too far from here, you may benefit from resting there instead of this shithole."[break][break]

She didn't sound too scared for his wellbeing. But it was leagues better then their previous interaction.

[break][break]

[break]
-caves posts-40 MP

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
WEATHERED TOME [pd cave]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 2:59:23 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Milo smirked. Since his run-in with her, he engaged in a little... friendly fire with to keep up his cover, going so far as to pilfer a phone off someone she used Hypnosis on.

He revealed his new find, a bulkier, matte-black thing that didn't have the flashy silver finish all of his accessories did. He then stowed it away.

"I'm nothin' but trouble. But... you knew that."

He said, with a wink. Milo rested a palm against his cheek, before raising it to fan out his hair. They were all stuck here and he knew it. But... there's nobody he'd rather be stranded with than all of his new friends. The thought of it sent a tear rolling down the side of his face, betraying that smile.

"...Don't I know it. I've been taking notes on the special ones. In either case, I'll owe you one if you show me the way to the camp."

He nodded, before thinking for a second. Another weird guy? Well... He stood shakily from the wall of the cave, turning his whole body to face her. He scooped his Pumpkaboo into his arms and looked at the ground, then back to Akira.

"I think you know about my track record with weird guys."

close tab

played by

Dijit

Aki
She/Her
March 02
Unknown
Bisexual
Consultant
Grunt
Single
15 height
15 height
Unleash the Beast
awards
124 posts
akira DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @akira
akira
WEATHERED TOME [pd cave]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 0:58:57 GMT
akira Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She.. didn't look that surprised when he revealed the new phone- one that was most certainty not his. "...Righttttt-" The deadpan look she gave him spoke volumes compared to her words.[break][break]

Ah- now he was about creating favors. She was quick to stand up, readjusting the blankets on her shoulders and brushing the dust off her pants. Ugh- she looked like she'd literally crawled out of hell- and so did he. Well, at least she didn't feel like it anymore.[break][break]

"Yeah- sure- whatever. I'm sure you and him can have a blissful chitchat when we get there," She found herself moving instinctively, taking a few strides forward and offering Milo support that wasn't the cavern wall. Gently she would grab one of his arms and up it over her shoulders, while using her other to wrap it under one of his arms. "-You can walk right? Because I'm afraid I can't like- carry you."

[break][break]

[break]
-caves posts-50 MP

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
WEATHERED TOME [pd cave]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 5:39:07 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

He thought for a second. Were they right back to square one? Well, he had nothing but bluster, so here goes nothing. Another shot at being such a little rascal that nobody can stay mad at him.

"--Oh, and about that cargo transport I told you about last time? We found a cache of medical supplies and rations out there. I... helped myself, and you're more than welcome to pick through my bag."

He said, eyes dilated from sleep deprivation. Matter of fact, the bags under each eye went wide like a smile. He looked like he was gonna keel over at any minute. When Akira pulled his arm over her shoulder and started walking, Milo held a hand up.

"...Do you want me to put my shirt on first?"

He said, once again putting someone else's comfort first. He bit his lip and glanced away. As if he didn't like the idea of bothering her, all the while leaning on her for help. Milo grinned, and glanced at her. He felt like he could finally be himself here.

"I promise I'll play nice with your new friend. And... I can walk. It's just a little... funny. That's all. I've gotten two bumps to the head, a crooked nose, and some cuts on my ribs. But it's nothin'.."