2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
shenanigans [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 21:54:57 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Generally Skyler wouldn't have docked such a behemoth of a ship like the Sotally Tober so close to shore. Shallow waters were tricky to navigate and the last thing the captain wanted was to run aground.

It'd been an act of sheer madness, so of course Skyler had attempted it.

She knew these waters by heart. Her voice had turned ragged from barking out orders to her crew. She'd kept a white-knuckled grip on the ship's steering wheel every step of the way, and they'd finally anchored as close as they dared to Granite cave - and the rift within.

Unloading their precious cargo was another matter entirely, one which Skyler decides to oversee personally. Leaving the Sotally Tober under the shadow of Kyogre's protection, the captain advances through the contested territory with a barrel under each arm and ridiculous amount of other smaller bags strapped to her body. 

Resistance was expected, of course. And it doesn't take long for a sizeable group of Rocket grunts to notice their approach.

"Johnny." 

There's a blur, and then one of the Rockets is sent sailing through the air by means of a wicked right hook. The Urshifu rolls her shoulders and looks up, settling into a fighting position and cracking her knuckles.
cave mission
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 17:14:55 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar had not expected to lead a raiding party. He was under the assumption that he was to provide a support role while collecting data on the Ultra Deep Sea, you know the unspoken scientist protection clause. Alas, when every commanding officer is busy and a former beast happens to be nearby--well it is what it is. He was assured that it was a very basic operation; someone docked a League ship near a portal and Oscar just had to lead a squad up to take what they can and vamoose. How hard could it be?

As Oscar and his squad approached the vessel, he would very quickly realize that this operation was a terrible idea. He had been on the Sotally Tober enough times to recognize it from afar, and as reality set in Oscar would stop in his tracks and curse under his breath. He had an unwavering loyalty to Rocket, but he was not about to contend with . Putting aside that she was his dear friend, Skyler was a horrifying opponent for even an experienced trainer.

Oscar carefully slunk backward, diving out of sight behind some rocks. The grunts had already engaged Skyler, and by their chorus of screams it was not going well. There was only one way to get out of this without getting captured--and if he was gonna do it he had better commit. Oscar removed his disguise, revealing the black suit that he wore underneath--because if he ever had to reveal himself he at least wanted to look nice. He buried his disguise in the sand before taking out an Ultra Ball. It was time to play the hero.

As Skyler's urshifu battled against the grunts, a more cunning member of the brigand band would be preparing a sneak attack from behind with his mightyena. They would not get far, as a mighty Thunderbolt would fall from the sky and fry both the hound and its trainer. From high above the brawl Oscar would emerge from the clouds, his legs straddling his floating Xurkitree. Oscar sent a salute toward Skyler as his Xurkitree rained more lightning upon the Rockets.

"Ahoy captain! Permission to kick some ass?"
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 19:43:04 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Oscar!" The violence in her expression is immediately dispersed to make way for a surprised enthusiasm when descends from the clouds like an angel come to offer salvation. What a fucking awesome and gradiose entrance, she thinks. Maybe she should take notes.

"Thanks for the save!"

Skyler salutes back, pausing only to distractedly clock some unfortunate Rocket grunt in the jaw before turning back. A wild grin curls the edges of her lips, like a ray of bright sunshine amid the storm.

In any respectable movie, time would've slowed down to allow them to greet each other and trade a few witty quips. Skyler only feels slightly offended when it doesn't.

A Rocket grunt goes flying overhead, and the captain barely blinks. Johnny at least seemed to be having the time of her life.

"The fuck are you doing here?!" The captain's ability to navigate past coiled fists and pokemon attacks had been trained on many a bar brawl, and it allows her to reach the white-haired man relatively unharmed. A barrel still rests under one of her muscled arms.

To this day, she has no fucking idea what Oscar did for a living, and it would probably be for the best if she didn't find out.
cave mission
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 1:15:24 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
As Oscar and Navitas reached the ship, Oscar would be sure to hop off onto the deck while Xurkitree proceeded to join Skyler's Urshifu on the ground. Oscar straightened out his blazer and adjusted his tie before giving Skyler a sly smile. "I come to every League effort. Literally every one, hoping that Dhalia will notice me. Alas, I haven't been invited to ONE meeting." Oscar raised a fist to the sky, "Am I not good enough for ya Dhalia? You too cool to shake hands with Oscar Clayton!?"

Oscar cleared his throat, he got a little too real there. That had to come from somewhere, maybe he should start seeing a therapist. He dusted off his hands as he tried to get closer to Skyler. Before he could get too close a Rocket grunt would come running up to deck him in the face. Oscar fell on his ass, his jaw radiating from unexpected pain. Oscar clutched his mouth and glared at the grunt, "Oh you little shit!" The executive would leap forward, tackling the offending grunt to the ground before proceeding to beat them senseless.

Meanwhile Xurkitree was picking up grunts and chucking them toward the Urshifu. It was hoping the mighty fighter could uppercut them into oblivion or something, but it was not holding its breath for anything fancy. Not that it could hold its breath. It has no lungs.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 18:05:03 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler had absolutely no idea Oscar harboured such a passionate desire to meet with Hoenn's esteemed Commissioner. Perhaps it's for the best that she doesn't tell him anything about her meeting with Dahlia just a short time ago. Then again, the blonde had seemed open to unexpected visitors... 

"Uh, if I ever see her I'll be sure to mention you?" It comes off more as a question than a statement. Then, coming to a sudden and - in her mind - brilliant realization, Skyler draws closer, mischief drawing a smirk on her lips. "D'you have a crush, Oscar?"

Unfortunately before she has any chance to draw a reply out of him, the conflict comes rushing into their personal bubble. The sheer indignation on Skyler's face as Oscar falls on his butt is priceless, more so when he retaliates in a spectacular fashion.

Huh. She didn't know he could fight like that

Another Rocket grunt comes running, and they come close enough to meet the sharp end of her elbow. A crack precedes a groan of pain, and Skyler turns around to full on judo flip them onto the ground in front of her. Still with a barrel under one arm.

"We have to get to that warehouse over there, quick!" 

As other Rocket grunts try their luck with Kyogre's avatar, it seems as if Skyler isn't, in fact, in any rush. Because as Rockets crumble under the strength of her punches, she looks as if she's having the time of her life.

Johnny the Urshifu seems to share her trainer's bloodthirstiness, her shape swelling with strength and gaining a blue-ish tone in the aftermath of Mega Evolution. As 's Xurkitree joins her they start carving a path back to their trainers.
cave mission
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 17:41:14 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
"Crush!?"

Oscar's surprised explanation coincides with his fist breaking the nose of poor grunt he had tackled. As the grunt moaned, Oscar realized that he probably went overboard and jumped to his feet. He sidestepped the downed grunt and closed in on Skyler to offer some support--not that she needed any. She was basically taking on a mob of grunts one-handed, which was exactly why this mission was a terrible idea to begin with. No one can just beat Skyler Dross.

Oscar would occasionally get a punch or a kick in, only when a grunt was not totally taken out by Skyler. In between strikes, Oscar would get a chance to correct his dear friend. "Dhalia has--the wrong equipment--if you catch my meaning! I just wanna--be acknowledged--for my efforts--in fighting terrorists!" Oscar grabbed a stumbling grunt by the head and slammed them with his knee, just in time for Urshifu and Xurkitree to make their way back to their respective trainers.

Skyler pointed out their objective, and while Skyler may not have been in a rush Oscar very much wanted to get this over with. He pointed toward the warehouse and shouted to his Xurkitree. "Yo, clear a path to that warehouse!" Xurkitree gave Oscar a salute, its head glowing brightly. A beam erupted from its bulb, sweeping across the beach to dispatch the grunts and pokemon that stood in the way of their target destination.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 18:00:33 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Just like that, the path to their destination is made free of any and all interfering Rockets. Not that Skyler was against fighting some more, but she was only human (for the most part) and anything that made her job easier was something she could get behind.

"Nice trick! Oscar, you're brilliant!" Her lips stretch into an enthusiastic grin, then a solid bark of laughter launches from her throat, making some of the nearby Rockets doubt the woman's mental stability. Which, you know, fair enough. "I could kiss you right now!"

She wouldn't, of course. Much as she enjoyed Oscar's company, it wasn't quite in that way. 

Whistling sharply, Skyler commands the attention of the League personnel under her wing and motions to the warehouse. "Let's go, let's go!" One of them stumbles, and Skyler hooks her arm around their waist, ignoring the squeak as she lifts them until they're under her arm. Much like the barrel on the other side.

"Onwards!"

Johnny is the first to step forward like a shield against the tide of Rockets flowing back into their path. An Aura Sphere keeps them from being overwhelmed and so, the small group slowly trudges forward. 

"I hope this one doesn't have any bees." 
cave mission
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 20:31:31 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar gave a friendly scoff as Skyler praised his initiative. "Psh, you'll need to at least buy me dinner first." Oscar's quip was followed up by another punch to a grunt, which actually pulled a chuckle out of him. Was he having fun? Oh no, he was having fun. This was for sure going to haunt him later, but for now it was time to push forward!

Skyler rallied the other League members into moving toward the warehouse. Oscar eagerly began moving with them, but in his haste he would end up stumbling. Luckily Skyler was there to catch him, but unluckily she would heft him further up until she was carrying Oscar a lot like the barrel on her other arm. Oscar expressed dismay as he was carried off like cargo, "Since when were you this strong? What's your workout routine?"

The band pushed forward, and the few grunts that dared to stand in their way would begin to lose their nerve. Xurkitree would not allow them to get away though, using precise bursts of Signal Beam to take the grunts out of commission. Having thoroughly destroyed the attack Rocket forces, their journey to the warehouse would be a thoroughly easy one.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 21:16:04 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler startles when Oscar's voice comes from somewhere below her, and she needs to do a double-take when she finds him slumped under her grip. "Oh shit, Oscar, my bad. You looked like you needed a hand there." They're close to the warehouse when she puts him back on his feet, wiping unexisting dust from his shoulders while at it.

He looked too well-dressed, she reasons, to have ruffled clothes.

"My workout?! What about yours? You kicked ass out there!" An arm sneaks around the white-haired man, unabashedly squeezing him to her side. "I'm proud."

Here by the warehouse, League forces easily scatter whatever Rockets might've still lingered about. The materials start being carried into the yawning expanse within, joining other crates of - supposedly - supplies. And whatever else the League might deem important in such a conflict.

Crates and barrels are moved around, and the seasoned sailor joins in on the efforts. Johnny is nearby looking out, standing watch just in case any funny business happens. She would make a good bouncer.

But what that means is that no one's bothering to watch for any funny business within the warehouse itself. 
cave mission
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 3:58:43 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Skyler eventually put Oscar down, much to his relief. He did not mind the ride but it was starting to feel weird, like he was a child being carried around by their mother (not that he would know what that feels like, his mom never held him). Oscar adjusted his suit as Skyler dusted him off, and before he could provide any thanks the good captain would have him captured within a half-hug. It was nice, almost felt like old times.

Skyler even said that she was proud of him, which almost made Oscar wince. Considering that he was supposed to be leading the grunts they had just beaten into the dust, well maybe that pride was better placed elsewhere. Oscar swallowed his guilt though, chuckling as he threw his arm over Skyler's shoulders. "We gotta work out sometime, I bet I could show you a thing or two!"

Once they made it to the warehouse, everything would go by in a blur. Oscar helped a get a few things in with the help of Xurkitree, but eventually decided that it was time to vamoose. Despite its lax inner security, Oscar would opt not to snatch anything. Instead he kept the warehouse in mind, perhaps he could attempt another strike after the Ultra Deep Sea campaign was finished. He said his goodbyes to Skyler before flying off into the clouds.

Oscar would return about an hour later, as far down the beach as he could manage to avoid being spotted by the League. He unfortunately had to finish off any living grunts, no witnesses could be allowed to know of what happened here. Once he was done, Oscar ventured back into Ultra Space--not bothering to retrieve his buried outfit.

+50 (10 per post)
+10 (Assisted Skyler)
+50 (Participation)
+100 (Mission Complete)
+300 (Rocket Loss)
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 0:50:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: