Greyson

Anything
January 01
Ace
Rocket
Grunt
17 height
17 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
56 posts
River Marx DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @river
River Marx
haughty
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 17:13:18 GMT
River Marx Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]river took an exaggerated drag of his cigarette, leaning heavily into the calming effect of the nicotine.

[break]
[break]
granite cave had, over the course of the past few days, been a heavily contested area. with the incursion into the deep-sea having settled into more of a cold-war, than an outright bloodbath, things seemed to have calmed a measure.

[break]
[break]
river would've been more concerned, had he been the only rocket assigned to this location. but, he wasn't. thank arceus for that. he wanted to milk this easy duty for as long as he could manage.

[break]
[break]
his eyes fall to the butt of the stick in his hand, and he tosses it carelessly onto the earth below. while his foot scatters it into ash, he reaches for another, and places it between his lips. from his other pocket, he manages a pack of matches — river didn't care much for traditional lighters.

[break]
[break]
friction sets it ablaze, but a strange rush of wind snuffs it out. he tries again, and again, the flames disappear. river sniffs, irritated, when the strange scent of.. something catches his attention.

[break]
[break]
"do you smell that?" he asks of the woman nearby, a rather haughty enforcer-type. she'd left him mostly alone, so he he did the same, but river needed to make sure he wasn't imagining things. even if it meant opening the can of worms that was a battle-hungry psychopath.

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #b1d999; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit.
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
haughty
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 18:46:36 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

She should’ve brought her own pack of cigarettes.[break][break]

It’s a thought that comes to her after the fact, and only when she notices her assigned companion lighting up one of his own. But they were in her other jacket, so she’ll have to live with the fomo as the smell of nicotine smoke begins to mingle with damp, musty cave smell, because she’s stubborn and she’s not about to just ask this guy if she can bum a smoke.[break][break]

She’s too proud over stupid, inconsequential shit, she guesses.[break][breaks]

There was a whole lotta fuss about this place, and the rift that expanded here in Granite Cave. Maybe she’d be unnerved if she were on her own, but in her mind, she’s been to far gloomier places.[break][break]

Mostly, it’s been silent. Save for the drip of water wicking off the rock surface of the cave’s natural ceiling. The sound of gravel crunching underfoot. The strike and wisp of River’s matches lighting, only to go out.[break][break]

When he speaks, it rings through the quiet, low and even as his voice is. “Smell what? Amazing you can smell anything with all that smoke around you.” It’s not even necessarily an insult thrown at him as she shifts in his direction.[break][break]

But she’s never been the best at mitigating her emotions, or designating the proper feeling to couple with a statement. Like curiosity and observation, rather than blunt derision.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lucario"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".blue"]--accent:#677fb5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue blockquote b, .blue blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .blue blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .blue blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".blue .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .blue .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .blue .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Greyson

Anything
January 01
Ace
Rocket
Grunt
17 height
17 height
awards
56 posts
River Marx DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @river
River Marx
haughty
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 21:06:42 GMT
River Marx Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]whether her intention was to insult him, or simply to state the obvious, it matters little. river regards the woman with an impassive simplicity. reaching up with his forefinger and thumb he plucks the cigarette from between his lips, offering it to her as he exhales another cloudy plume.
[break][break]
"what can i say? i've got a keen sense of smell."
[break][break]
he turns then, eyes pointed to a patch of darkness that leads deeper into the cave.
[break][break]
"smells like... wet pig."

[break]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
haughty
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 20:51:21 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

She should’ve brought her own pack of cigarettes.[break][break]

“You a poochyena in another life?” On cue, her own springs free of its pokeball to dog her heels.[break][break]

Maybe it’s for the better that he remains unfazed by her tone. Though it wasn’t an insult by any stretch, if he’d taken it with offense, it probably would’ve easily set off her temper. She shakes her head at the offering, not much in the mood to smoke.[break][break]

Her expression contorts in distaste. “Wet pig?” It hits her then as she trains her senses toward the direction he turns to. “Eugh.”[break][break]

Red eyes flit toward River again. “Actually, y’know what, can I bum that after all?” she nods to the cigarette, hand out and ready to pinch the stick between her fingers. Anything to dampen the stench.[break][break]

“What would cause that?” she takes a step for the murky dark, then pauses. “Don't say ‘a wet pig.’”
[break][break]

[newclass=".blue"]--accent:#677fb5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue blockquote b, .blue blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .blue blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .blue blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blue .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .blue .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .blue .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Greyson

Anything
January 01
Ace
Rocket
Grunt
17 height
17 height
awards
56 posts
River Marx DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @river
River Marx
haughty
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 23:50:49 GMT
River Marx Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"i've been told on occasion that i 'got that dog in me'." not that he knew what it meant. it sounded like a compliment at least.
[break]
[break]

"sure, sure." he gives the cigarette over with no discourse. "a w-" his words die on her warning, and silently he huffs air in a small chuckle.
[break]
[break]

"not sure," he says.
[break]
[break]

river doesn't match her step forward, in-fact, he takes one back. something echoes from deeper within, coming closer.
[break]
[break]

"probably whatever that is."
[break]
[break]

the light catches the first inklings of flesh - shards, or shard-shaped pink protrusions precede a long, curved snout. all of that comes before the massive form of a great tusk. its grey, wrinkled skin looks damp.
[break]
[break]

"ah, look, i was right."

[break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
haughty
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 22:26:03 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Is that supposed to be a compliment..?” she snorts, shrugging. Doesn’t sound much like one to her, though she’s always been considered a bit of an attack dog in her own right.[break][break]

Kinda different sides of the same coin, she figures.[break][break]

“Astute,” she remarks flatly as she takes the cigarette and puffs on. Fixated on the plume of gray smoke in front of her face and that harsh nicotine tang, she doesn’t notice the pink mist rising around their ankles at the same time.[break][break]

Her nose wrinkles again. “Oh shit. You got any idea what that is?” She takes one more drag off of the cigarette before she offers it back as her steps start moving in reverse.[break][break]

“Looks a helluva lot bigger than just a pig, man.”[break][break]

Blue’s words do come out sharp with bite that time as he remains seemingly apathetic. Beside her, her poochyena growls low in his throat.[break][break]

The Great Tusk, meanwhile, seems to belatedly notice them–a rolling eye swiveling over to fixate on them.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Greyson

Anything
January 01
Ace
Rocket
Grunt
17 height
17 height
awards
56 posts
River Marx DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @river
River Marx
haughty
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 23:33:46 GMT
River Marx Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]He shrugs.
[break][break]
"I figured it was slang. Something from that Clock app on your phone or something."
[break][break]
Tic tac? Yeah, that one.
[break][break]
He watches the Paradox pokemon approach slowly. It didn't seem afraid, or overly cautious, rather, it wanted to emphasize its own power; each step rocked the cavern like small earthquakes.
[break][break]
"You want to argue size right now?" He would, if not just to irritate the woman further. "And no- I have no idea what that is. Resembles something from the reports of that one-night war though."
[break][break]
Regardless of its name, it was clearly one thing: a threat.
[break][break]
"It apparently likes to act without thinking." Did that sound like someone here? "I'll distract it with illusions and you strike."
[break][break]
He doesn't wait for the affirmation. An ILLUSION springs forth alongside a Zorua as it peeks from his hair. It looks at Blue, giggling mischievously, before creating a dolled-up version of the Paradox mon opposite of it.
[break][break]
It stands, stupefied for a solid moment, before bellowing a roar that signals an inevitable charge.

[break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
haughty
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 22:08:27 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","top"]

“The clock app?” Wherever it comes from, Blue has never been up to date on her slang.[break][break]

If he had called it Tic Tac to her face, Blue would have stared at him. Then agreed with a yeah that sounds right.[break][break]

Hell if she knew things like app names.[break][break]

Obviously, though, they have more pressing matters to deal with. Even then, she still puffs on the cigarette she’d taken, unwilling to waste it. “Uh, yeah. ‘Cause this is like elephant size, not pig.” The tremors from its footfalls vibrate from the cavern floor up through the soles of her feet.[break][break]

Blue rolls her eyes as River falls into command, but whether or not she wants to charge ahead, what is she best but an attack dog that follows orders?[break][break]

Her eyes follow the tricky little zorua—was that in his hair the whole time?? What else is he keeping in there… secrets??[break][break]

Then comes the false pig, roaring to life in front of them with enough force for her to take a surprised step back. She finds her voice easily enough— “Easy peasy.”[break][break]

She taps the release on her lucario’s pokeball. The jackal springs forth, shadowed by the presence of the zorua’s illusion.[break][break]

“Subdue it,” she instructs simply, and Fang keeps to a short distance, before an AURA SPHERE flares around him and flashes outward past the illusion toward the paradox creature instead.

[break][break]