awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
I See Red [Postdorm/Clash]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 3:31:47 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
Once again she's wandering the darkness, silent steps on rocky floors granting nary a sound to the echoing walls of Granite Cave. Unlike last time however, she carries a light with her. A small lantern, it's light faint enough to keep her presence hidden and to those watching from afar, playing it off as a spell of the eye, yet still capable of illuminating what is directly in front of her.

And with every step she takes, the light sways as it dangles from the belt on her hip.

Left. Right. Left. Right.

The light it casts makes the darkness turn to shadows, dancing to her rhythmic gait. Behind her Jaci, her Lunatone, floats about, still hidden in the darkness that the lantern cannot reach. Still a few more hours until there's a change of guard; then she may return to the Ultra Sea once more.

tldr;
- outfit
- PD mission Participation (50MP) || IC Post: 10MP (10MP)
- Patrolling Granite Cave with Jaci (Lunatone)
- Jaci is currently not visible

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 21:50:09 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

Like a deadly game of tug-o'-war, the League and Rocket fought for control of today's battlefield. Most of the battles took place in the Ultra Deep Sea, but skirmishes still popped up in Granite Cave, the site of the expanded rift that some people were still trying to get into. Sometimes, Rocket pushed the advantage to keep the League out. Other times, like now, the League retook their territory. That sure as hell wasn't going to stop Rocket from trying to take it back again.

[break][break]Once again, Ruby found herself relying on Polyphemus to keep watch from the shadows while she used a lantern to navigate. She really needed another Pokémon for situations like these. Maybe her Shinx, Maahes, would be able to see in the dark when he evolved? Luxray apparently had really good eyesight and were top choices for service Pokémon for the blind. It was something to think about when she wasn't trying to sneak around a dark cave.

[break][break]She thought she saw a light, but it seemed to blink out of existence in an instant. She narrowed her eyes. It was the only lead she had, so she might as well check it out.

[break][break]"Polyphemus," she whispered.

[break][break]His shadow slid along the ground, bringing with it the chill that seemed to follow all Ghost-types. At least Ruby no longer shivered at his presence.

[break][break]"See what's over that way." She pointed toward where she'd seen the light, and the shadow slunk in that direction. Ruby turned down her light just enough to illuminate what was directly in front of her and followed him.

[attr="class","rubytag"]

[attr="class","rubypokes"]

[newclass=.ruby] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby a] text-decoration: none; color: #7b6678; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7b6678; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby i] color: #7b6678; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #7b6678; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubytag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubytag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubynotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubynotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #7b6678; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rubynotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #7b6678; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubyw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.ruby span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubypokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #7b6678; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubypokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
Her heart in spite, is warm and bright
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 2:21:40 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
Jaci whirrs to life behind her, humming at a threat Kyrenai has yet to notice. But its subtle cry calls her to attention almost instantly, showing in the momentary faltering of the swinging light. Suddenly the sadows felt that more loaded... as if something was watching her from within.

Her hand clenches, wordlessly signing for the Lunatone to draw closer to her side. Kyrenai's tred ceases as she stares down the cavern; spotting a light as faint as hers in the distance. Her eyes squint at it to make sure it's actually there and not a spell of the eyes. And when her eyes stop peering into the distance she realised too late how much the shadows in front of her had thickened.

She hisses at it almost instinctively, murmuring something underneath her breath. Jaci whirrs again, and moments after the faint glow of her lantern is snuffed out by the blinding light of a Moonblast shot into the darkness before them, aimed at nothing in particular.

tldr;
- outfit
- PD mission Participation (50MP) || IC Post: 10MP (20MP)

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 3:22:44 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

The distant light came to a halt, prompting Ruby to stop in her tracks. Then, it was drowned out by a blinding light, which shot into the darkness. Ruby stepped to one side and managed to avoid it, but it illuminated her figure, blowing any remaining cover she might have had.

[break][break]Annoying, but not too much of a problem. Polyphemus emerged from the floor at that moment and aimed a Shadow Punch at where the Moonblast had come from.

[attr="class","rubytag"]

[newclass=.ruby] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby a] text-decoration: none; color: #7b6678; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7b6678; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #7b6678; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubytag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubytag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubynotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubynotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #7b6678; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rubynotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #7b6678; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubypokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #7b6678; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 15:02:34 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
The light of the Moonblast illuminates all. Kyrenai's silhouette is visible against the brightness of the beam that flashes past her, and as it travels further down the cave, she sees a similar figure dodge out of its way. Now neither of them are hidden anymore.

And she thanks her instincts when the shadows stir, a Dusknoir going for her Lunatone. "Go!" she orders Jaci before ducking out of the way, making her way furhter down the cave towards where she saw the other person. The Lunatone whirs and takes the Shadow Punch head-on, unleashing a Stone Edge around itself now the Dusknoir is within range.

tldr;
- outfit
- PD mission Participation (50MP) || IC Post: 10MP (30MP)

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 16:40:29 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

So it was another person out there. They were coming closer, and given that she could faintly see Polyphemus in combat with another Pokémon through the flashes of light, they probably weren't friendly. There wouldn't be time for Jorogumo to spin a Sticky Web, but she had another trick up her sleeve.

[break][break]She took a Sticky Glob from her pack and rolled it onto the ground in front of her, hoping the darkness would cover the movement and the patch of adhesive. She took a step back and waited, her free hand hovering over her Poké Balls. She had no idea what this person might do, and after some of her encounters with the League down here, she didn't want to take any chances. They could be just as ruthless as Rocket sometimes.

[break][break]So much for the "good guys," Ruby thought with a smirk.

[break][break]Polyphemus was too close to dodge the Stone Edge that erupted beneath him. His body tilted back from the impact, only for his head to quickly snap back onto his target with a flash of his single red eye. A shadowy red aura appeared around his fist, which he thrust forward in a Payback-powered punch.

[attr="class","rubytag"]

[attr="class","rubynotes"]

notes.

• Ruby uses a Sticky Glob (+10 MP, 2 left)
  • Polyphemus uses Payback

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 19:36:16 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
Neither pokémon looks like it wants to stand down, remaining in each other's personal space and blasting move after move into one another's faces. Jaci hisses as it takes the full burnt of the Payback, effectively getting smacked backwards by its cheer force. The Lunatone doesn't cease however, using the space between them to its advantage to charge another Moonblast at the Dusknoir, if only to keep it at bay. Another hit like that and it's over for the Lunatone... and it's very much aware of this.

On the other side of the cave, Kyrenai is rapidly advancing towards the other woman, unaware of the Sticky Glob tossed at the ground before her feet. When the cave lights up with the flash of Jaci's Moonblast -one that doesn't reach them this time around- the assassin can make out her foe; a young woman with equally fiery hair. Her face cracks into a grin, knowing she has the woman cornered.

And then the Sticky Glob does its work. The rocky underground's too soft for the cave, and as she realises it's already too late; the adhesive has her left leg stuck to the ground. What follows is a dangerous growl as Kyrenai tries to free her leg, but it doesn't budge much. Her eyes flick back to the woman in front of her, her hand resting on one of the knives strapped to her thigh. "Well played, little girl... but that won't stop me for long." she says, her eyes shooting fire.

tldr;
- outfit
- PD mission Participation (50MP) || IC Post: 10MP (40MP)

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 20:58:48 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

Polyphemus winced at the bright Moonblast that hit him, but he still seemed to have plenty of fight in him. He was a bulky Pokémon, after all, and while that made him rather slow, he had plenty of tricks up his incorporeal sleeves to help with that. For example, rather than closing the newfound space between him and Jaci, he could extend his own shadow and use it to strike in a Shadow Sneak.

[break][break]Ruby took another step back as the woman approached, looking somewhat like a cornered animal baring its teeth at an oncoming predator. Ruby could just see the grin on her foe's face, cast in shadow by the Moonblast behind her. But then her leg got stuck in the Sticky Glob, turning that grin into a growl.

[break][break]"If you think I'm just some little girl, you're seriously underestimating me," Ruby said, scowling behind her skull bandana. She clicked open one of her Poké Balls, releasing a shiny Salazzle onto the field. "But you know what, I'm in a good mood right now. Get out of here and I won't have Kiha make you inhale poison."

[break][break]Kiha dropped down to all fours, hissing open-mouthed to show off the Toxic gas already forming in her mouth. Meanwhile, Ruby kept her hands near her waist, ready to reach back and grab one of her own knives, if need be.

[attr="class","rubytag"]

notes.

• Polyphemus uses Shadow Sneak
  • Kiha prepares Toxic

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 22:08:14 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
Jaci stood no chance against the effectiveness of Polyphemus' Shadow Sneak, no matter how hard it tried. The Lunatone tried to resist, but eventually buckled and collapsed with a whimpering cry to the ghost-type's power. It's defeat echoed through the cave, reaching the assassin's ears moments after its demise.

She gritted her teeth, yet when the young woman called forth her Salazzle and threatened her, Kyrenai's nostrils flared. "You... dare-" her voice dropped low. And then everything went fast. Rather than her knife, she tapped her belt, a pokéball dropping to the floor and releasing the imposing figure of her Tyranitar right beside her. As the silhouette grew Kyrenai latched on, allowing Vex' strenght to free her from the adhessive keeping her from moving. The moment she felt her leg pulled loose she let go, allowing the Tyranitar its momentum. Despite its size it moved nimbly, flowing with the rage of its trainer it lashed out, striking the Salazzle with a full-powered Giga Impact to shut it up.

Kyrenai flew past her partner and stepped into the younger woman's personal space, forcing her against the rocky wall, hand stretched out towards her throat. When she spoke her voice dipped low, a hot whisper laced with threats and fire. "You're lucky I'm in a good mood right now, little girl," her face was mere inches away from Ruby's, piercing eyes set on her victim. "Tell your pokémon to stand down. Now. Or else..."

tldr;
- outfit
- 50 MP for PD mission Participation
- 50 MP for IC Posts (5x10MP)
- 100 MP for Mission completion (min. 5 posts)
- 50 MP for KO'd pokémon

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 22:48:38 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

Unlike many of Ruby's Pokémon, Polyphemus didn't revel in or boast about his victory. Instead, he silently hovered toward his trainer to assist her.

[break][break]Kiha shot out her Toxic breath at the oncoming Tyranitar, but it wasn't enough to stop it from slamming into her with a Giga Impact. She hissed in pain as she was thrown back by the force.

[break][break]Suddenly, Kyrenai was in Ruby's personal space, backing her into a wall and boxing her in with a hand stretched out toward her throat. Her voice dipped low with threats and fire, but Ruby didn't let her glare waver. Even if this might have been a little sexy in any other situation.

[break][break]Ruby glanced past Kyrenai for a moment. Kiha was rising to her feet, and... perfect. She looked back to her foe and asked, "Or else what?"

[break][break]On cue, Polyphemus reached out with his large hands to grab Kyrenai in a Bind. Ruby would have been annoyed at how often she'd had to rely on this strategy if it hadn't been so damn useful. Meanwhile, Kiha attempted to distract the Tyranitar by Attracting it with her pheromones.

[attr="class","rubytag"]

notes.

• Polyphemus attempts to Bind Kyrenai
  • Kiha uses Attract

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 23:36:01 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
Another tap, and her Hydreigon appeared behind her, slamming down three sets of teeth on the Dusknoir's hands and Bind with a vicious Crunch. Her Tyranitar seemed to struggle more with the opposing Salazzle's Attract, but it needed the time to collect its bearings after the Giga Impact it had dealt. All Vex had to do was keep its head in the clear and fight the Salazzle's pheromones; luckily the ruthless training she and Vex had undergone together seemed to pay off, as it was actively fighting the Attract, not willing to succumb to it.

With her two most trusted pokémon backing her, Kyrenai's focus did not have to waver from the redhead stuck in her grasp. The young woman was putting up a valiant fight, and her bold bravado was commendable, albeit foolish. Then again, she could not fault her for not knowing whom exactly she was dealing with. Kyrenai's grip tightened around the girl's throat, slowly squeezing out her air supply-- enough to make breathing a struggle, but not impossible.

"Because I'm asking nicely?" she purrs, closing in to whisper in her ear. "And I wouldn't want to cut that pretty skin of yours," Cold steel now brushes against Ruby's throat, the pointed edge of a dagger making itself known. It's sharp enough to draw blood with a mere push, but the assassin wields them masterfully, keeping them from doing so. "So, stand. Down. Don't make me repeat myself a third time, sweetheart. My patience has its limits."

tldr;
- outfit
- 50 MP for PD mission Participation
- 60 MP for IC Posts (6x10MP)
- 100 MP for Mission completion (min. 5 posts)
- 50 MP for KO'd pokémon

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 20:04:01 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

Polyphemus looked uncharacteristically shocked at the Hydreigon's presence before he flinched back from the Crunch. Seeing that normally stoic face break made Ruby more nervous than the fact that the Dusknoir looked like he was hanging on by a thread. Shit. Her gaze slid to Kiha and the Tyrannitar. The latter wasn't attacking, instead trying to fight off the Attract inflicted on him. Okay, that was good. This wasn't over just yet.

[break][break]The cold steel against her throat, however, drastically changed things. Despite her shock, a sardonic grin crawled onto her face. "Hypocrites," she managed with her reduced oxygen. "How do I know... you won't cut it, anyway?"

[break][break]Polyphemus moved his one-eyed gaze back and forth between his new opponent and Ruby. It seemed he didn't want to risk angering Kyrenai further and putting Ruby in danger. Kiha, on the other hand, blinked at the Tyranitar with Fake Tears in her eyes.

[attr="class","rubytag"]

notes.

• Kiha uses Fake Tears

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights