lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
meet me on the equinox [au]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 5:40:52 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“Ikarus, are you listening?”[break][break]

Extending his sword arm, Lam bonked the crown prince with his weapon. Of course it wasn’t real iron that reached out to tap Rook on the top of the head. Just a false practice sword made of wood with a blunted edge that wouldn’t even poke too hard. Not to mention the fact that the tap hadn’t been harsh at all—more a prod than anything else. A far cry from his competitiveness years ago when they were just boys playing at knights and pirates.[break][break]

He eyed the other, squinting down the line of the dull wooden sword. “Honestly, it’s best to be prepared in case you ever need to defend yourself without me there.” It was a practicality! And Lamruil was doing his best to be stern…though in all likelihood he probably wasn’t too convincing. Stern and serious had never been his strongest traits. A fact that Rook would undoubtedly be quick to exploit, crafty little prince that he was.[break][break]

But okay, perhaps he’d been going on a bit about defensive tactics without actually applying them yet. It couldn’t be helped that training had turned him into a vault of battle and combat knowledge. It was just a side effect of stepping into this role as personal bodyguard-not-quite-knight…yet. Yet. Maybe someday he’d have the honor of being a ser, but for now he was just a trained and sworn protector. His Highness, naturally, didn’t care for his moving into the role, but Lam was sworn to Ikarus whether it was liked or not.[break][break]

He’d practically been as loyal as a hound to him since he was no more than a scrawny hand—the stablemaster’s son. But Lam was contented to be a wrinkle in the king’s robe for as long as he could manage.
[break][break]

// teeheehee it’s the royal/bodyguard au[break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 19:26:21 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Boop.
[break][break]
"What— ow!" He whined, rubbing at his head. It wasn't that he wasn't paying attention, it was that multiple things were warring for his attention. None of which were necessarily more important than what Lam was trying to teach him. In the effort to spar, he'd already dropped his fake sword (once on his foot) and got his butt spanked by the flat of a fake sword repeatedly whenever he dove to get a hit. Still, he didn't exactly learn from his mistakes, he just got more frustrated (and whiney) in result.
[break][break]
"I was paying attention," He quickly interjected before Lam could chide him when he had clearly been not paying attention. It was difficult and Rook wasn't very good at it. "You know, it's just awful hard to pay attention when you just look so strapping in your um... whatever sparring gear..." He motioned at the other's clothing in a poor attempt to draw the other's attention away from himself. Maybe he could manage to make Lam coy enough to forget what he'd been talking about. It used to work back when they were kids, but it had been a long time since then.
[break][break]
"I don't even need to because you're going to be there so," He shrugged, a poor excuse knowing that his ineptitude could only be detrimental in the event of an emergency, but so too was any effort he put in to protect himself. He hurt himself far more often than Lam could manage in a single sparring match.
[break][break]
Granted, this was way better than anything his tutors could think to throw on him. He was almost a little surprised none of them had managed to hunt him down and drag him away from Lam with the threat of language or, even worse, dance lessons (ugh).
[break][break]
"Can't we take a break?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 19:52:28 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]“Oh, it didn’t hurt that bad,” he huffed, head lolling to the side as he looked over at Rook with a small grin as the prince whined and griped. Wait, no– he was supposed to be maintaining an air of seriousness. He couldn’t be turning into a sap so easily. Maybe it was a futile effort, though. Rook never seemed to pick up any skills in combat. Not that it was necessarily a problem for Lam beyond the fact of his desire that Rook be able to defend himself if Lam couldn’t do so for him.[break][break]

“My sparring gear, huh?” Lam snorted, eyes rolling. “You mean my gambeson? See? This was why he needed practice! He should know the different pieces that came with armoring up. Then he’d know what to do if he was in a situation that required him actually needing to use some protection. “I don’t think this necessarily counts as strapping, but why thank you.[break][break]

It was a bulky and cumbersome overshirt, but useful. Even if he didn’t find it particularly attractive, Lam still preened easily– no! Ikarus was buttering him up again. But then again, he’d always been far better with clever words and tricks than Lam had ever been.[break][break]

He swung the practice sword again. It curved in a sideways arc and then straight to poke under his arm. “You’re leaving your vulnerable points accessible.” Well, of course he was, because he wasn’t really trying at the moment, was he? Lam cracked a grin as he held his stance, arm still out. “I’m not stupid, we’ve known each other far too long. What’s actually distracting you?”[break][break]

The excuse that followed made him frown, though, and he broke position. The sword hung at his side for a moment, and his other hand came up cup Rook’s jaw, fingers sliding through the ends of his hair. “There’s never a guarantee I’ll always be able to. I could be, y’know, contained.” Among other things far more lethal, but he at least knew better than to say as much aloud. “No! You haven’t even broken a sweat.”[break][break]

Stepping back, he adjusted his stance. “In a bit. Again.”
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 20:52:45 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Clearly there was no getting out of work today, which was unfortunate. It wasn't like it worked any other time, though sometimes Lam could be persuaded. "Gambeson, yes. Makes you look like a buff marshmallow." He grinned at that, wondering if he could work him with some goofy charm. His skills lied in more subtle ways, not so much physically dominating but in talking his way out. Not quite charm, but definitely something more bizarre and a little pathetic.
[break][break]
"Well I can't help that I have so many." He whined at the little poke and prod. Lam was trying to prove a point and, with anyone else, it might have been more powerful. With Rook, it was just an excuse to whine. Though, he didn't want to aggravate Lam or even make him think he didn't take this at all seriously. He knew why he needed to learn these things, but he wasn't good at it.
[break][break]
He shrugged at that question, "I dunno guess this always just makes me feel kinda useless, is all." To most of his tutors, he was something of a useless prince. His parents seemed tolerant only because they had no other choice. It wasn't like he chose to be an heir. Sometimes, he figured he'd be the downfall of the kingdom.
[break][break]
With a insolent sigh, he lifted the practice sword again. "Avast ye." He howled. At least maybe he could seem to try and finally warrant the other's pity. With a little glare, he swung the sword in an arc, trying to hit the other in that very same vulnerable spot. It was a clumsy effort, fueled by petty temper more than actual skill or willingness. He was a lazy creature who just wanted to sit around and eat grapes or watch theater... fun stuff like that.

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 23:31:59 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
Lam laughed, “I feel like a huff marshmallow is contradictory.” A small smile still crept across his face, warming his expression from the stoicism he’d been doing his best to force upon it. “How charming you are, though.” He was a fool, truly. It didn’t matter what Ikarus said or did, he knew the exact right things that would break the barrier of Lam’s more serious moods. Which was bad, even if it was nice to be known as well as he knew the crown prince.[break][break]

“You have just the same amount as anyone else,” he countered, shoulders rising and falling. The whining didn’t faze him much, at least. He’d long grown used to Rook’s disinterest in combat—far before he’d ever officially stepped into the role as his protector. Despite his own stubbornness to teach Rook, though, there was a fair point made; Lam would never rest or subdue if he was in jeopardy. It went far beyond duty, and stretched into something more. Something personal and dear.[break][break]

He relented for a beat, sighing. “You’re not useless. And you know I’ve never thought so. It just requires practice.” Ikarus had plenty of potential, in Lam’s opinion. It just shined through in different ways. But it has always been there. Ever since they were children sneaking around castle grounds.[break][break]

Fine, though, perhaps he’d humor Rook. But in his own way first.[break][break]

A brown lifted at the cry, but he held his stance—stepping away easily from the weak effort. Rather than chide him again, though, Lam did a couple quick steps and tapped him on the opposite hip with his sword. One foot hooked around Rook’s ankle and tugged back. But before he could fall backward, Lam’s non-sword arm darted around the other’s slighter waist so that he could tug him close in a haphazard sort of half-dip.[break][break]

Mischief glinted in his eyes as he looked down into the bright red of Rook’s. The red of the royal line—a rank they’d never share in common. His own a dull, average green. He tilted closer, his smirk curling wider. “You didn’t plant your feet, Ikarus.” The humming remark was coy, though. The barest hint that Lam didn’t quite mind the slip up.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 13:51:49 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

”Trust me, it’s not. You work it.” Clearly, flattery wasn’t going to work, but he’d take any opportunity to at least try and flatter the other boy. Lam was his best friend and he was lucky to have him. He also knew just how badly his dad wanted to get rid of the kid, but couldn’t because he was good friends with the stable master, among many other reasons.
[break][break]
Even if he forbade him to hang out with Lam, Rook would probably still continue to do so even at the threat of punishment. What was his dad gonna do? Keep the kingdom from him? Oh no, he wouldn’t be king. Rook was aware he had many cousins willing to kill for the position that he was in and he should be lucky. If anything, he made his father seem weak, which definitely made him feel bad. That wasn’t Lam’s fault though.
[break][break]
Lam made him stronger, he was sure of it. Or atleast, the other tried to make him stronger. He just resisted it like he was paid to do so. As far as Rook figured, he’d never get it right so why bother?
[break][break]
Sometimes, he figured that Lam would have made a far better heir. His father had muttered as much, thinking that Rook wasn’t listening. Lam was strong and capable and quick on his feet and handsome and charming. All the things that Rook was not.
[break][break]
”Practice, right. I need more than practice.” He needed heavenly blessing and then some.
[break][break]
His attack failed, of course, but who was really expecting otherwise? Everything was spinning and then, before he knew what was happening, Lam had him dipped like they were dancing. Rook felt his face heat up at the pressure of the other’s arm around the small of his back, the slightest hint of fingers past the disheveled hem of his shirt.
[break][break]
Once he got through the embarrassment though, his mind began to work. At times, he could be rather crafty. Like a crow or a fox. All he had to do was adjust his weight. After all, Lam was holding both his own and his. His foot kicked out and then both of them were toppling down and rolling, vying for the top.
[break][break]
”AHA!” Rook howled as he tried to pin the other boy beneath him.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 4:55:59 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“You are your own worst enemy, Ikarus.” Far more critical of himself than any parent or tutor might hope to be.[break][break]

What would he do if they were forcibly separated? Probably turn into a lousy excuse for a guard, miserable and forlorn. In truth, Lam worked hard at his diligent training, because he wanted to be someone worthy of protecting Rook. Not because of his status or position within the kingdom. But because he was Ikarus.[break][break]

And that, to Lam, was invaluable. Worth its weight in gold, and then some. He only wanted to remain alongside Rook no matter the work it took to get there. No matter if their tie to one another was frowned upon. Whether the king liked him or not didn’t matter. He only wanted Rook’s favor. He could still remember what he’d said—If they don’t want us to be around each other, I’ll become your sworn knight. Then they’ll have to relent![break][break]

It was as if the princeling had hung the moon—just for him. Perhaps he’d been slow to realize the weight and depth to his feelings at first. Perhaps it had taken him longer for it to sink in how much more his dearest friend had come to mean to him. But there was no denying it now.[break][break]

A bright bloom of red seeped into Rook’s face and he couldn’t slow the grin that warped across his face. The slightest hint of skin grazed across his fingers. His mouth opened to tease him further, and then the tables turned[break][break]

A startled yelp rocketed up his throat as Rook kicked his weight out from under him. Thrown by the element of surprise, Lam went down with him in a flurry of tangled limbs and quick moves for top spot. With the disadvantage, it was no surprise when he found himself with his back pressed to the grass below, and staring up at the triumphant face of the prince.[break][break]

His prince.[break][break]

Lam laughed, “That was clever!” He peered up at the other, green eyes bright with amusement. Then careening up, he snagged Rook’s mouth in a kiss. One hand wiggled free to slide across the side of his face and settle against the back of his neck.[break][break]

Just long enough to pull him closer, and distract him thoroughly enough before Lam effectively maneuvered to flip them. A snicker slipping free to be muffled where it was pressed against the curve of a jaw as he pinned the other with his hips. Hands sliding along his arms to find his wrists.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 15:39:45 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Rook knew that he could be critical of himself, often without merit. Of course, it wasn't like he was the only perpetrator of his insecurities. He wasn't king material, he was barely even prince material. Had they another option, he knew his parents would jump at the opportunity to crown another sibling. All they had was Ikarus, who wasn't exactly royal in any stretch of the imagination.
[break][break]
Lam felt like his only escape, his only real motivator and believe. As long as Lam was in his court, he could do anything, but there was a struggle in that. One, he always he felt entirely too afraid to mention. The simple fact was that this wasn't meant to last. One day, things would have to change and he'd have to accept the responsibilities that came with his birth, including all of its privileges and limitations.
[break][break]
Even balanced over him with the theater of triumph, the very illusion of cleverness and wit, he couldn't be permitted the second to think it meant anything. It was as temporary as his advantage over the other in this play-fight. Still, he smiled, a beaming and sunlight-bright sort of smile that only Lam could provoke, right before the smile was stolen by a deviously planted kiss. He pressed back into the other's mouth, even with the threat that their "practice" might be spotted from afar.
[break][break]
None of that mattered, even as his advantage was stolen away and he found himself under the other's weight. Hands pinned and lips pouting, "You cheated."

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 17:21:19 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
If Lam were honest with himself, he knew he was playing a game he’d only lose. That in the end, he wouldn’t pull some magic string and end up with what he wanted in the truest sense of things.[break][break]

But the sorry truth was that Lam didn’t care to be honest with himself. If he could live in this foolish daydream for as long as he could manage, that was alright with him. It was the only buffer he had against the uncomfortable burn of envy that came with even just the thought of Rook being promised to someone else. Out of duty, out of responsibility.[break][break]

He’d like to claim that it would be enough to sustain himself—knowing that when it came to matters of the heart, that he resided there. Lam wanted that to be enough. He didn’t have any other choice in the matter. It wasn’t as though he could suddenly claim himself of a royal line. Or eligible to request the prince’s hand.[break][break]

This was his lot, and it would be better to accept that whispered secrets and hushed promises were all he’d be able to keep for himself. He was a nobody. Lifted up out of obscurity only because of a years long attachment to the prince. And without him, Lam would only sink back down into that lower tier again. He didn’t care about the elevation being around Rook brought. His was the only attention Lam wanted.[break][break]

For all of his rational practicality when it came to keeping Rook safe, this was his own folly. He didn’t regret it. He’d play pretend forever if it came to it. If only to be stunned again and again by a dazzling sunbeam smile.[break][break]

Lam let out a bark of laughter. “Did you not cheat first?” he asked, dipping down to press more kisses against skin. Against spots on the other’s neck that he knew were ticklish. His hands slipped up from Rook’s wrists to twine their fingers together. “Besides. Didn’t seem like you were too mad about it.” Once more Lam’s mouth found his to kiss the pout away, cute as it was.[break][break]

And then, once he thought Ikarus might be good and placated, he sat up—interlocked fingers tugging the other up with him. A quick glance over his shoulder revealed no one nearby. At least for now, the dream remained intact.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 14:04:52 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Even with the privilege of his life circumstances, Rook often wondered if he'd lost out in the great lottery that is life. For as much power as he'd one day wield (power he didn't even want), he would be entirely incapable of doing the things he actually wanted. His life would be monitored and controlled. There was no power for a king, not really. At least, not for a king like him.
[break][break]
Instead, he'd be controlled by advisors and parliament, strung out like a puppet. No more than a figurehead. He was fine with this, but it also meant that he couldn't love who he wanted to love. There would need to be an heir and his partner would need to be of royal bloodline. No matter how much he insisted that he could do what he wanted and it would all work out in the end, he knew the real likelihood of that.
[break][break]
"I did not cheat, how dare you slander your king." He laughed at that, at the ridiculousness of such a statement. At the same time, he wished it wasn't true. He'd never abuse his power, but others would. They'd use him as a mouthpiece, claim that it was his will. They'd been doing that all his life.
[break][break]
His breath stifled with a ticklish shiver as lips ran knowingly across his skin. If his parents found out, they'd explode. There was no knowing what would happen to Lam. This was wrong, but he couldn't stop himself. "I am mad, look at my face. I'm furious." He bit down on the laugh that wanted to force itself free as he was pulled up. "Is this also part of the training?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 20:55:48 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
A bark of laughter broke loose at the rebuttal slung at him. “Oh, but you are not king yet, little prince.” He punctuated the tease with a short nip. Nothing hard enough to leave a mark behind. Never enough to leave evidence to get them caught. As much as he wished to do so. If only just to say he is mine, none of you can have him. Lam wasn’t blind to how they propped him up. Even now, long before he’d ever sit the throne. [break][break]

They didn’t deserve him. Not someone so compassionate and kind. The potential he held in spades and didn’t see, because it was not the potential advisors and tutors wanted of it. From his perspective, Rook surpassed them all. “Yes, you look downright scathing. I’m actually quite terrified,” he muttered dryly, lips curling mischievously.[break][break]

There were countless hours lost to thinking about this particular lot he’d been left with. It was embarrassing to consider admitting how often he thought about asking if they could just run away. So that they might be somewhere that would allow them to be at ease. No sneaking, no inevitabilities. But he knew those were his own flutters of impracticality. That they would both remain duty-bound to Rook’s responsibilities as Lam was in his efforts to serve and to teach him the sword.[break][break]

“Not exactly, but..” he pulled Rook closer until their breath mingled again. “I’m not sure if we’ll accomplish much else.” His hand tucked up under the prince’s chin, thumb running along the curve of his bottom lip. “So I suppose for now we will have to settle for me continuing to keep you safe.” Lam smiled, studying him up close with droopy green eyes. Absorbing every detail, committing them to memory. He didn’t close the gap that time, however–just watched to see what Rook might do or say.[break][break]

Fierce longing clawed at his throat, thinning his breath. He thought he might choke on it. “And I very much intend to do that for all my days.” The roundabout way of him saying, I don’t want this to end. His other hand rose to sift through Rook’s hair before cupping the side of his face. “But if sword practice is done for the day, how do we pass the time now? I leave that in the very capable, princely hands–” Then, his head tilted just enough to murmur in the other’s ear, “your grace.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 5:24:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]AU COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: