Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SHADOW SESSIONS
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 14:32:34 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

AETHER FOUNDATION LABS

EVERGRANDE CITY

[break]

LATE NIGHT leaves the facility barren, save for a skeleton crew, free from prying eyes. If there were any time to preform clandestine research then it would have been now, among the shadows of the auxiliary lighting. As an intern, Rowan didn't have full access to the laboratory equipment, but bending the rules hadn't ever been a problem for him before. With a soft CLICK, the recorder spun to life, mechanical whirring indicating it's function.

"This is Rowan Wrynn, on session one of my research into shadow purification. It's been a thought at the back of my mind ever since I came back from Ecruteak City, the idea of purifying these afflicted Pokémon in the similar way that Suicune intended with myself, but with less of the metaphysical involved."

Another CLICK stopped the recording while Rowan gathered his thoughts, wondering if his sudden interest into this research could have been in no small part spurned on by the recent betrayal he'd suffered from his half-brother. Undoing the suffering of tortured Pokémon was of course the primary drive, but he couldn't help but admit he'd relish in seeing Gavin's twisted pets become cured.

CLICK

"My preliminary theory about this process revolves around the use of Illumina phenomenon to purge the darkness from them, after all what is light if not the antithesis of darkness? Of course, I'll need to begin my studies where Shadow Pokémon were rumored to have been introduced to the region, by Nihilego. Getting my hands on the toxin produced by UB-01 will be difficult, but it'll allow me to test it's reaction to Illumina energy from my Chinchou. Everything is just theoretical until I can procure a viable source of shadow corruption, that is where my focus lies for now."

CLICK

SESSION ONE: CONCLUDED

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SHADOW SESSIONS
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 4:59:23 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

AETHER FOUNDATION LABS

EVERGRANDE CITY

[break]

FOOTSTEPS ECHOED through the silent laboratory as Rowan approached his commandeered workbench, a number of tools set out in preparation for the next session of his research. A hand hovered over the tape recorder for a moment, taking a breath to focus his concentration. Things in the region were becoming more and more destabilized by the moment, life had become so chaotic that quiet moments like these were seldom, more precious than the legends themselves.

CLICK

"This is session two of my research into the purification of Shadow Pokémon. I noted in my last recording that acquiring the toxin from UB-01 would be complicated, but I'm pleased to say that is no longer the case. A contact of mine in Team Rocket has agreed to provide me with the substance in order to assist with my scientific research, in exchange for the promise of an insider at the Aether Foundation.

If it were anyone else, I'd be hesitant to accept, but I have always felt as though I can trust this individual.
"

Oscar Clayton may have been a former Beast of Team Rocket but Rowan had always gotten the impression they were more than their station, a complex individual who found themselves at the behest of the criminal organization because of their deep ties to the region. It wouldn't be a simple task for someone like him to slip the bonds of Declan Walsh, seeing as the involvement Team Rocket has with Greater Mauville Holdings. There had always been a mutual respect between himself and Oscar, invested in the greater pursuit of scientific achievement, their continued partnership only held promise.

"In preparation of receiving the Nihilego toxin, I'll need to extract a source of Illumina to test against the corruption. I've brought along my Chinchou today to draw blood for future experiments, an entirely harmless if not slightly uncomfortable process. Come here, little guy.

<Chinchou!>

It's good to see you too, my friend. I'll need you to hold still for me, I promise this will be fast.

<Chin!>

Very good, I'll be done in just a moment.

Sample extraction from the Illumina Chinchou is successful, I'll be storing the vial discretely in one of the specimen freezers until I receive my shipment from the Rocket contact, hopefully not before long."

SESSION TWO: CONCLUDED

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SHADOW SESSIONS
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 2:10:44 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]

AETHER FOUNDATION LABS

[break]

EVERGRANDE CITY

[break]
[break]

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Session Four [break]──⚪─────────────── [break]◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►► 0:𝟷𝟾 / 21:𝟻𝟼 ⠀ ───○ 🔊 ⚙️

"This is session four of my research into Shadow Purification, the date is May 4th, 20XX. After analyzing the blood sample I retrieved from my Chinchou, I've determined I'll need a more pure source of Illumina energy. The amount of blood I'd need to draw to get close enough to synthesize a scientifically significant amount of Illumina energy would be both time consuming and inhumane, which is unacceptable."[break][break]

<The sounds of pages flipping can be heard, the shuffling of paper drowning out incoherent mumbles.>[break][break]

"This leads me to another roadblock, possibly more difficult than the first. The only consistent source of Illumina energy of which I am aware lies in the Crystalblooms that grew within the Tree of Life. Seeing as the tree disappeared when Necrozma launched it's assault on Sootopolis City, simply collecting them is out of the question."[break][break]

<Silence>[break][break]

"If anyone were to have them, it would be Elisabeth Fioreli, the florist and Underboss of Team Rocket. We parted on friendly enough terms, but I doubt I'll be able to easily convince her to turn over the precious flowers, especially since she is well aware of what they can do. I'll need to look elsewhere, but where?"[break][break]

SESSION FOUR: CONCLUDED

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SHADOW SESSIONS
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 4:04:59 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]

AETHER FOUNDATION LABS

[break]

EVERGRANDE CITY

[break]
[break]

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Session Five [break]──⚪─────────────── [break]◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►► 0:𝟷𝟾 / 11:41 ⠀ ───○ 🔊 ⚙️

"This is session five of my research into Shadow Purification, the date is May 5th, 20XX. I encountered an interesting development. My sample of Illumina blood was discovered by one of the researchers and they turned me in to the Head Researcher. I thought I was going to be kicked out and have my internship revoked but after describing my research I've been brought on as an official employee of the Aether Foundation."[break][break]

<A laugh of disbelief.>[break][break]

"It's entirely contingent on me making headway with the process of Shadow Purification, but as of now I have full access to their facilities, which is a boon I was not expecting. I have a meeting with my contact in Team Rocket soon to acquire the toxin of UB-01, then the experiments can begin."[break][break]

SESSION FIVE: CONCLUDED

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SHADOW SESSIONS
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 4:23:47 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]

AETHER FOUNDATION LABS

[break]

EVERGRANDE CITY

[break]
[break]

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Session Six [break]──⚪─────────────── [break]◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►► 0:04 / 15:32 ⠀ ───○ 🔊 ⚙️

"This is session six of my research into Shadow Purification, the date is May 7th, 20XX. In the interim of receiving the specimens I require for testing, I've shifted my focus to the method of delivery for Illumina energy. At first the thought of creating a machine to do such from scratch sounded daunting, then I realized an apparatus for this purpose technically already exists. A while back, I investigated a particular device with the help of a hacker known as ATHENA."[break][break]

<The sound of creaking wheels could be heard, something pulled closer towards the recording device, while Rowan sounds further away>[break][break]

"This machine, created by the Wrynn Corporation is of similar make to the SHINY MACHINES found in here in Hoenn. By using a catalyst of some kind, whether it is a mega stone or some other source, the machine is able to emit particular frequencies or wavelengths of energy. Currently, the region dispenses these machines, preformatted and strictly locked onto shinification purposes. Like how a mega stone's wavelengths can cause a Pokémon to mega evolve, the machine can change the frequency to affect gene expression for shinification."[break][break]

<Rowan's voice get closer again>[break][break]

"I believe with the help of the engineers here at the Aether Foundation we can reformat this machine in order to emit Illumina energy, and in a similar way to how it affects the genes for shinification, we can effectively purge the Shadow corruption from Pokémon. It's exciting stuff, really."[break][break]

SESSION SIX: CONCLUDED

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SHADOW SESSIONS
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 12:57:26 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]

AETHER FOUNDATION LABS

[break]

EVERGRANDE CITY

[break]
[break]

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Session Seven [break]──⚪─────────────── [break]◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►► 0:04 / 08:43 ⠀ ───○ 🔊 ⚙️

"This is session seven of my research into Shadow Purification, the date is May 9th, 20XX. The last couple days I've been working with the engineering department in order to retrofit this shiny machine with the capabilities of emanating Illumina energy and disbursing it at the genetic level. It hasn't been easy, but I think we've managed a workable prototype. In a few days we'll have harnessed enough Illumina from my Chinchou to test on the sample of Nihilego toxin I've procured but..."[break][break]

<Words trail off, a sigh sounds over the recording.>[break][break]

"Without the Crystalblooms, we won't have enough of a consistent source to perform a functional purge on a Shadow Pokémon. I've managed test subjects thanks to Razz Kingsman and Chu-e Choi but their contributions are useless without the flower. Rumor has it that one John Douglas managed upon them thanks to his association with Tapu Lele and Elisabeth Fioreli. I'll need to get in contact with him soon."[break][break]

SESSION SEVEN: CONCLUDED

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SHADOW SESSIONS
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 6:34:26 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]

AETHER FOUNDATION LABS

[break]

EVERGRANDE CITY

[break]
[break]

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Session Eight  [break]──⚪─────────────── [break]◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►► 0:04 / 06:21 ⠀ ───○ 🔊 ⚙️

"This is session eight of my research into Shadow Purification, the date is May 10th, 20XX. I finally have it in my hands, the toxin of UB-01, commonly known as Nihilego. My contact in Team Rocket came through brilliantly, it's more than I expected. There is enough here to successfully inject multiple individuals for the purposes of testing, which is why I'll need to make sure it's under strict lock and key here at the Aether labs. Last thing I need is some over-zealous member of the League taking it for their own dubious purposes, whatever those might be."[break][break]

<The sound of two locks clicking as the case shut, a door opening then closing, then another lock clicking shut.>[break][break]

"Problem is, finding someone who is willing to be injected. I'd prefer to not use Pokémon, which leaves worst case scenario to poison myself. If I end up having to act as my own test subject, I'll need to find someone trustworthy to work the Illumina machine. I've seen my dark side before, in the Interdream Zone, and I'm not confident I'll willingly purge myself of the toxin should it uninhibit me. Suppose I'll need a lab assistant."[break][break]

SESSION EIGHT: CONCLUDED

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SHADOW SESSIONS
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 14:06:18 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]

AETHER FOUNDATION LABS

[break]

EVERGRANDE CITY

[break]
[break]

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Session Nine  [break]──⚪─────────────── [break]◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►► 0:04 / 09:31⠀ ───○ 🔊 ⚙️

"This is session nine of my research into Shadow Purification, the date is May 11th, 20XX. A report from the engineering department doesn't hold much hope for an expedient success, they are having trouble decrypting the data from what I'll be referring to from here on out as the 'Wrynn Machine'. I hadn't expected this to be an issue, but it is nonetheless."[break][break]

<Rhythmic tapping, like that of a pencil against a desktop.>[break][break]

"I'll need to get in contact with the aforementioned Athena. She was able to break into the code with relative ease, and was how I discovered as much as I did before. If there is anyone who can retrofit the the Wrynn Machine to produce the Illumina energy, it'll be her. I suppose I'll have to see if her website is still running, won't I?"[break][break]

SESSION NINE: CONCLUDED

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SHADOW SESSIONS
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 0:45:34 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]

AETHER FOUNDATION LABS

[break]

EVERGRANDE CITY

[break]
[break]

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Session Ten [break]──⚪─────────────── [break]◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►► 0:04 / 07:31⠀ ───○ 🔊 ⚙️

"This is session ten of my research into Shadow Purification, the date is May 24th, 20XX. I've been absent from these recording sessions for sometime because of the advancements I've made in procuring resources. My contact came through with the Crystalblooms, the Lt. Colonel was happy to provide, considering the nature of my research."[break][break]

<A slight hiss, like the sound of a cooler being opened.>[break][break]

"I have enough in hand to run a few tests, as well as to begin growing in the Aether Foundation botanical labs. I've also made contact with Athena, the individual who hacked into the Wrynn Machine in the past. She is willing to help retrofit the machine, which is a great boon to my timeline. Soon I will be able to begin my first trial."[break][break]

SESSION TEN: CONCLUDED