Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
894 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 23:35:31 GMT
Shred Avatar
"...Introducing first, from Spikemunth, Galar, a newcomer to the Battle Tent, but no stranger to fighting dirty, don't underestimate this backstreet brawler! Ladies and gentlemen, give a warm welcome to SHREEEEEEEEEED, ZEPPELIN!"

In sync with your announcement, a grin stretches across your face as you step through the entryway and into the arena, greeted by a mixture of cheers and boos from the roaring crowd. Seems like it's a packed house tonight - As your eyes scan audience, you can't make out a single empty seat anywhere. No, it's rabid fans as far as the eyes can see, a horde of folk who've come to watch Pokemon beat the hell out of each other for their own entertainment.

But, hey, can you really judge them? After all, that's why you're here. To fight battle any of the needless restriction and limitations that the League enforces. To fight without limits, so that you might get truly, significantly stronger. And, above all else, to sate that primal hunger for violence that resides within your soul.

That, first and foremost, is why you're here. The money and the attention are just a bonus.

"And introducing the challenger..."

As the announcer pipes up for a second time, your smile fades, and your eyes immediately lock on to the entryway straight across from you. Seems like it's time to meet your opponent. Well? Go ahead, announcer, and tell us: Who's the poor, unfortunate soul that's about to get crushed like an empty tin can?

Open.
close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
in the low lamplight i was free, heaven and hell were words to me
awards
658 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 21:30:59 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","onyxbar"]
[attr="class","onyxbarw"]

Onyx has his eyes closed and his back against the cool, grimy cinderblock. He’s the picture of stillness, breathing in and out, the only movement the way his thumbs brush up and down the tape wrapped around his hands. He’s not wearing his eyepatch, his right eye socket a collapsed and misshapen mess of scar-tissue and hastily stitched together skin.
[break][break]
His opponent has a funky ass name and a long list of accolades that all add up to basically jack shit nothing. Onyx’s titular nomenclature is much shorter--back from the grave, death’s twin brother, and twice as ugly, Onyx Straub-- and the last syllable of his name is drawn out and lost in the roar of the crowd.
[break][break]
It’s a bandage, a nicotine patch; a desperate attempt at catching a fleeting memory. For a split second he’s a teenager and it’s not a dirty underground pit that smelled like sweat and cheap beer, but a bright, roaring stadium, with sponsor banners and school colors flying around them. He blinks and the illusion is broken, sliding through the ropes and popping his neck from one side to the other.
[break][break]

“Let's get this over with.”

[attr="class","onyxbartag"]

[attr="class","onyxbarnotes"]

notes.

i didnot forget

[attr="class","onyxbarpokes"]

[newclass=.onyxbar] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbar b] color: #B82200; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbar a] text-decoration: none; color: #7b6678; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbar h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbar h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7b6678; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbar i] color: #B82200; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbar u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #B82200; [/newclass]

[newclass=.onyxbartag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbartag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.onyxbarnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbarnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #B82200; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbarnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #B82200; [/newclass]

[newclass=.onyxbarw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.onyxbar span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.onyxbarpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #B82200; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbarpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
894 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 15:46:58 GMT
Shred Avatar
You're not quite sure who "Onyx Straub" is, but it only takes one look to tell you that he's one ugly son of a bitch. He wears his scars openly, but he doesn't wear them with pride. Much the opposite, you get the vibe that he doesn't even really want to be here at all. But, well, that's not really your problem, is it? If this guy wants to mope, so be it. Why should the blazing wildfire care what the stick in the mud thinks? It'll be burnt to cinders either way.

"Come on out, Skeledirge."

Unhooking the Pokeball from your belt, you toss it up into the air, and the newest member of your merry band makes their debut. The gigantic crocodile stretches its body as it looks around the packed arena, seemingly unbothered by the grimy locale nor the raccuous crowd. By contrast, the burning bird perched on his muzzle seems very eager, chirping and cheeping as it hops up and down its companion's snout. They're something of a mismatched pair, but they're strong, and the audience is clearly excited to see them. Paldea Pokemon are still a novelty in Hoenn, and the audience is eager to see how it'll perform.

Let's see how well you perform, Skeledirge. Are you worthy of being a headliner in the umdying saga of Shred Zeppelin? Can you burn hot enough to scorch yourself into history? Time to find out.

"Well? You're the one who wants this over with, mate. Hurry up and bust out your Pokemon so I can kick your ass already."

Skeledirge (Male), Unaware | Torch Song, Shadow Ball, Disarming Voice, Snarl, Will-o-Wisp, Sing

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
658 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 19:19:13 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","onyxbar"]

It isn’t that he doesn’t want to be here. Onyx loves fighting. It’s all he’s ever been good at: violence. But the fanfare, the noise, the show of it all… it’s that aspect that he’s pretty fucking over. He has been ever since beat him in the Galar champion matches. He lost the taste for it then and never got it back. He’s realizing it now as he stands there and doesn’t feel anything.
[break][break]
But you have to do something to stay in fighting shape.
[break][break]
The crocodilian that the idiot with the dumb name throws out rises onto its hind legs and lows a deep bass note, flames curling up around the sides of its mouth. Onyx responds in kind with his own Pokemon. The Gallade, like his trainer, has little time for fanfare and inspects his arm blades quietly.
[break][break]
invites him to have the first move so Onyx tosses his head and Ferrum goes from standing idly to launching forward, pink psychic energy gathering around his blade as he strikes in a wide arc with psycho cut.

notes.

i didnot forget

[newclass=.onyxbar] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbar b] color: #B82200; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbar a] text-decoration: none; color: #7b6678; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbar h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7b6678; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbar u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #B82200; [/newclass]

[newclass=.onyxbartag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbartag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.onyxbarnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbarnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #B82200; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbarnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #B82200; [/newclass]

[newclass=.onyxbarpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #B82200; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.onyxbarpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
894 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 21:07:57 GMT
Shred Avatar
"It's time, folks! Skeledirge versus Gallade, one on one, winner takes all! Now, without further ado, LET THE FIGHT BEGIN!"

With that last little slice of pagentry out of the way, the battle begins in earnest, and your opponent is quick to take the initiative you offered them. Gallade surges forward, bladed arms at the ready to rend your slice your accomplice into two separate pieces. Fortunately, though he doesn't look it, Skeledirge is a fairly slippery beast. It twists and shifts with unexpected agility, and though it is by no means an elegant dodge, it is enough that the brunt of the damage is avoided.

Not all, mind - There's still a nasty-looking cut left along the lower jaw of the reptile, and though you can't tell how bad it is, it's deep enough to draw blood. Still, for his part, the reptile doesn't seem to much mind his wound, barely even flinching as it was dealt to him. If you were to guess, he could take a few more glancing blows before he started to feel it. That wasn't a good precedent to set, though. Better to derail this train before it started running full speed ahead. To that end...

"Will-o-Wisp, now!"

It is not Skeledirge that obliges, but instead, the burning bird that accompanies him. As the crocodile continues to remain on the defensive, the flame hops up to perch on the very end of his nose, before it sent forth a single brightly glowing ember towards the Gallade. A rather unassuming attack on the surface, but as any experienced trainer could tell you, it would be bad news for Ferrum if he were to touch it.

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
658 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 22:51:56 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","onyxbar"]

The strange, smoke-laced crocodile moves more like a snake than a lumbering beast, slippery and sneaky and smooth. With a twist of its body, it avoids the most damaging of Ferrum’s attack, pink blades striking off of scales instead of sinking into soft flesh. One line of red wells up along the beast’s jaw, but it’s definitely not the cleaving Onyx was hoping for.
[break][break]
Ferrum stares down into the dark maw of the crocodilian as the flames sprouting from his nose lift and warp, spitting off fiery offshoots that whisk through the air with hissing and spitting of sparks. Psycho cut being a ranged attack instead of a melee attack gives the Gallade enough room to maneuver around it, dodging the purple-tinged fireballs as they whizz past him. Onyx is forced to dodge, too, the tail ends of his hair flying up as he ducks down, the smell of it burning filling their little arena.
[break][break]
From his duck-dodge, Ferrum launches forward, arm blades thrown out in a low to high sweep of sacred sword.

notes.

gallade dodges will-o-wisp and uses sacred sword

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
894 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2023 22:03:12 GMT
Shred Avatar
It's a treacherous dance, and its hard to tell which of you is going to come out on top. Both Gallade and Skeledirge are formidable, one at close range and one at a distance, but that doesn't mean either of them are slouches out of their element. Well, Skeledirge might be slouching. Can't really tell, can you? Then again, as long as he gets the job done all well and good, you'll be more than fine to let a little slacking off slide.

The Will-o-Wisp is dodged and a Sacred Sword comes down, but it is dodged in kind. The crocodile throws itself into a roll, thrashing and tumbling out of the way of the slicing blades, before skidding to a stop a good bit away. Once again, you're back to the neutral, and that's exactly where you want to be.

Time to start heating things up.

"Torch Song!"

The burning bird hops off the beast's snout, landing right in front of the mighty pair of jaws. Then, with a guttural bellow, the flickering orb is launched forward into a brilliant inferno, a searing phoenix surging straight towards Gallade, talons of flame aiming to rip and tear the flesh of the foe.

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
658 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 16:57:39 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","onyxbar"]

Ferrum has the type disadvantage weighing him down. He is also alone. Much of Onyx’s trainings had paired the Gallade up with his Gardevoir compatriot, but this was supposed to be an exercise in solitude. Ferrum jumped at the challenge. Amplexus was not quite so happy.
[break][break]
There’s a lesson here.
[break][break]
Ferrum’s sacred sword misses as the crocodile death rolls; the clash of it against the ground sends up silver sparks. Ferrum follows his momentum around and turns like a dancer, whip-quick; but the reptile stands up on its hind legs and belches a bass-deep sound coupled with a ring of fire that neither Onyx nor his Pokemon have ever seen before. It makes him set his jaw till it aches.
[break][break]
Ferrum can’t quite dodge all of it, against the ropes such as he is, so he couches his head and blasts forward with psybeam, punching a hole in the flame with fuschia light. Fire collides with his arms and legs, blackening the armor there; wisps of smoke curl up into the air, and the arena smells like an overheating engine.
[break][break]
“Neat trick.”
[break][break]
He’s got to, he thinks, get himself one of these.

notes.

gallade is hit by torch song and uses psybeam

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
894 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 4:14:30 GMT
Shred Avatar
Finally, you've gotten all the leeway you need. You can't say it was easy, but after plenty of fighting tooth and nail and such, you've got the distance you need, and Gallade is on the backfoot. This is the situation where Skeledirge is meant to excel. At close range, they might struggle, but with range by their side? They have all the advantage they could ever need.

The blazing bird is blown to pieces by the psybeam, but it isn't gone for long. No, the disparate embers quickly coalesce once more, reforming the bird back on the tip of the crocodile's nose with a puff of smoke. Despite the wound they should have suffered, they seem no worse for wear than they were before. Well, except for how irritated they seem by the whole "being attacked" affair. They're hopping up and down, chirping with extreme irritation, letting out a tirade no doubt filled with the most heinous bird-profanities known to mankind.

Skeledirge, for his part, remains unbothered. It doesn't even really seem like he's that invested in the fight he's currently participating in, even after watching his companion take that hit. Still, he knows what he has to do, so much so that you don't even have to say a word.

His jaws open wide, dark energy coalescing within his gaping maw, taking the form of a roiling orb of gloom. It stays there for a moment, pulsing and yawning, growing larger and larger with every passing second. Then, when it seems to reach the peak of its size, the crocodile slams his jaws shuts, and a Shadow Ball is launched forward towards the Gallade, rushing towards him at high speed, ripping through the air until the moment--

BOOM!

--of impact.

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
658 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 22:08:15 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","onyxbar"]

Any sort of room Ferrum thinks he’s gotten goes kablooey when the little bird reforms and perches back on the crocodile’s nose. There’s a brief moment of respite as the fire-creature goes off on a tirade, but then the reptile is opening his mouth and coalescing shadows.
[break][break]
Ferrum knows he’s beat, on his last legs and floundering. He launches himself forward at the same time the shadow ball fires, zipping past it to stab out at the crocodile’s head with sacred sword. The shadow ball tracks his motion, pulling a yuey in the air and catching him in the back, exploding with a cold warping sound that sends him down to his knees, then to his front.
[break][break]
“Nice.”
[break][break]
Onyx recalls his Gallade.

notes.

gallade faints

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
894 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 14:04:03 GMT
Shred Avatar
As Gallade hits the ground, the crowd erupts into a raccuous combination of cheers and boos, all of it coming together into an indistinct roar of excitement. It's so loud that you can barely even hear yourself think. Lucky for you, you don't have to think, because you're the one with a Pokemon left standing tall.

...Or, well, standing. He's a quadruped. Doesn't really stand that tall when he's on four legs, does he? If he was standing on his hind legs, maybe, but normally? Well, this is neither here nor there nor anywhere. You discard such pointless thoughts and take a moment to simply bathe in the adoration, the hatred, and everything inbetween. It's not often you're going to get to experience this in your line of work, so you'd better not waste it, because Arceus knows that nothing this nice lasts forever.

And while you're at it, you might as well punch down while you've got the chance.

"Well, well, well!" You smirk, looking across at your opposing trainer. "Seems you couldn't quite cut it, could ya, bud? Maybe try a little harder next time, amd you might even make me sweat a little."

Fuck yeah. This is the good stuff. There's nothing quite like kicking them while they're down to really give you that rush of ego.

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
658 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 19:44:07 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","onyxbar"]

Onyx cocks his head as the guy across from him talks. There’s a set to his jaw that suggests he’s mouthing off, but Onyx can’t hear him over the roar of the crowd. He sure has a lot to say, though.
[break][break]
With long, purposeful strides, he steps across the arena, and aims a suckerpunch right for the guy’s moving jaw.

[break][break]

notes.

you said no holds

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
894 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 18:57:57 GMT
Shred Avatar
Unfortunately, your celebration is cut short by a punch to your jaw. You feel the bones crack as you stagger backward, caught off-guard by the blow. It hurts, but unfortunately for this bozo, it's not the first time you've gotten punched in the face. You've received far more and far worse than what he's put out. All things considered, it's a drop in the pond.

But just because you couldn't care less, that doesn't mean you're going to take it sitting down.

"So, that's how it's going to be?" You groan, massaging your sore jaw as you find your balance, glaring daggers at Onyx. Big man wants to brawl, huh? Wants to throw hands? Wants to fuckin' go? "Then let's fucking GO!"

So, with all the elegance of a wounded Tauros, you charge and forth and attempt to tackle him to the ground.

Needless to say, after the security goons pry you apart, the both of you are kicked out and banned from ever returning. But hey, jokes on them, because you still got the winner's purse, so they can all go fuck themselves.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,505 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
No Holds Barred [M, O]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 2:55:50 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven