awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
tides
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 22:11:14 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she loses track of him, but that doesn't seem to matter. dewford isn't a small town by any means, but it seems they have the same idea. after the paperwork is filed and everything is handed off to be dealt with through the proper channels, they both go to the first bar they spot. 

he's already nursing something in his hand. there's a seat open beside him and she doesn't think twice about sliding into it.

"whiskey. on the rocks is fine." she looks sideways. "may i stay?"
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
tides
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 2:29:06 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]greyson wasn't the 'go to bars and drink' type; nevertheless, here he was. despite the cliché of it all, something about feeling his senses dull in real-time was.. satisfying.
[break][break]
greyson blinks, turning his listless (but not drunk) gaze onto the woman next to him.
[break][break]
"you'll forgive me if i'm not the greatest of company right now."

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
tides
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 2:33:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her suspicions are instantly confirmed. 

the whiskey's set on a bar napkin and pushed towards her. she takes it lightly, letting her palm warm the underside to melt the ice just a little bit. it clinks as she turns it around.

"who is it? that you're looking for?" she asks. then she takes a sip. "so i can help."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
tides
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 2:42:48 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]the conversation turns his sweet drink something bitter, but he downs the rest of it anyways, mouth opening and closing in that rather wet sound.
[break][break]
"girlfriend. her name's anna. "
[break][break]
he raises two fingers for another.
[break]

notes

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
tides
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 2:55:19 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"annalise?" surprise lilts her voice. she thinks back to the woman on her altaria, who'd come to her all those moons ago demanding answers for her clash with in littleroot.

the information sinks in and her hand mechanically lifts to bring the glass back to her lips. the glass hits her tooth accidentally as she jerks, realizing just why greyson had acted the way he had upon seeing the body from a distance.

hell

"we've met. i - well, i didn't know she was missing." she looks down. false hope is an awful torment, but part of her had always longed for a mystery surrounding alexander's death. not an open coffin and a funeral service. 

something to keep her going. wondering. waiting.

"you'll find her." her brows furrow. "isn't she head ranger? won't the league send search parties for her?"
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
tides
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 3:31:18 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"it's not exactly being publicized too much," his voice taking a razors edge. "i suspect they're more concerned about their missing councilwoman anyways." logically he could understand why, emotionally, he was ready to burn through anything - including the league.
[Break][break]
"anyway, i'll find her." he gives the platinum blonde haired woman a look, just now noticing the bruises and injuries. "what rapidash kicked you repeatedly?"
[break]

notes

@name[break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
tides
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 3:38:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she balks at this. councilwoman livy? or anderson? now doesn't exactly feel like the time to ask, so she keeps her questions to herself for now. it doesn't matter anyway. it shouldn't matter anyway. what can she do, fallen from grace as she has?

"you will," she says, for emphasis. 

at his remark, she raises a hand reflexively. the whiskey burns going down, but she can stomach that pain. 

"i wish it had been a rapidash," she admits. she shrugs. "i gave as good as i got. were you there, in the rifts?"
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
tides
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 3:49:28 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]he nods, though as to which of her statements, it's hard to say. only his further on reply helps to clarify.
[Break][break]
"i was. he rolls his sleeve to reveal hairline scars, white as ash, covering the man's exposed forearm.
[Break][break]
"got this from a particularly moody fuck." silph, though he doesn't say the name.
[Break][break]
he then unrolls the next one to show off a small cast made of glowing flowers.
[Break][break]
"different guy - threw a machamp at me." he shrugs, indifferent. "the healing helped the worst of it."
[break]

notes

@name[break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
tides
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 4:04:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she thinks back to something she'd said to king a while ago. us hoennians are an ugly bunch. with all their scars and their terribly short lifespans (though, for greyson's sake, she does not allow this sentiment to stretch to anna). he shows her his scars. the first set is oddly familiar, though she isn't entirely sure why. 

the second, though, grabs her attention. "from your comfey?" she says, clearly impressed while gesturing to the cast.

"let's see..." she says with a drawn sigh. her fingers hook under her choker, where the bruises more prominently ring her neck. after letting him look, she reaches up to her top, drawing the collar down her shoulder. the skin is ruddy and warped. she grimaces, but her pale gaze doesn't waver. 
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
tides
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 12:56:51 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]he nods, clicking his tongue as he pulls more of the sleeve back. a cobalt stained comfey peeks out, mewing happily. the ghost of a smile pulls at the trainers lips.
[Break][break]
she retreats as the shadow of the cloth returns, and he inspects her scars. pale skin blotted with the tell-tale ink of combat.
[Break][break]
"think you got me beat."
[break]

notes

@name[break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
tides
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 16:54:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he's a stoic, well-reserved man, and his gleaning look at her wound doesn't portray an ounce of disgust that she can see. but his words set the truth in stone. she smooths the shirt back out, covering up her ugliness, and now it's her turn to ask for another. 

"not sure about that." after all, king was still safe and accounted for. "think we'll ever catch a break?" she says with a sigh. 
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
tides
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 3:47:10 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]the idea of a break rises a mirthless chuckle from the former gym leader. he nurses another sip of his drink, feeling the rot of pity and sorrow welling in his gut.
[break][break]
"maybe—" he cuts himself off, the flow of his sentence weaving into dangerous waters. he was mere moments away from saying maybe when they're dead. that sounded too much like , and had it been mere weeks earlier, he'd have scolded himself harshly for entertaining such a thought. now?
[break][break]
he could think of worse options. he was living one of them, after all.
[break][break]
"— maybe not. i doubt it, though."
[break]

notes

@name[break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
tides
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 3:50:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he cuts himself off and she finishes the rest of it in her head, lost to thoughts of savagery and a mask of blood. her expression crumples, but only momentarily, and it's with a turn of her head, a look into the whiskey lingering at the bottom of her glass. mostly water now. it's lost its edge. 

am i losing mine?

"maybe that's for the best. i don't know what i'd do with a break at this point."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
tides
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 3:56:15 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]greyson shakes his head.
[break][break]
"that's how you become battle hungry mons— maniacs, like matias."[break][break] with nothing to come home too.[break][break] "sometimes you have to take a step back and reassess what you're fighting for. this shit can really make you lose sight of that sometimes."
[break]

notes

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
tides
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 23:35:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

good to know at least someone shares the same sentiment as she does for matias. the rest of his words give her pause. if she took a step back, would she be happy with her choices? would she agree with what's been done? 

no

but that does not make it any less necessary. 

you sound like him. you sound like them

"anna came to me once. to defend him and his actions."