february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 1:01:57 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER
[attr="class","setting"]

The park. A place he had come to on multiple occasions since finding himself in Hoenn. Going to parks or really going outside wasn’t something he had been allowed to do when he had lived in Alola. His parents concern for him had kept him from being a normal kid so he was trying to make up for the time he has missed whenever he could.
[break][break]
Finding a bench to sit on he sat down. Mirage, his Zoroark, stood beside the bench making sure Absalom would remain safe. After making sure Mirage was keeping an eye on their surroundings he took a book out of his bag. He loved reading in the park there was just something relaxing in reading a book in the park.
[break][break]
It was a pretty heavy book being real thick, but he would be able to read it. Reading books like this were pretty easy especially if it was something he found interesting. Than again he had never come across a complex book he didn’t like.
[break][break]
Opening the book he began to read. There was multiple complex words in the book but that’s what made the book so fun. There was just something about a book with complex words that drew him in. More than a book that someone around his own age would normally read.
[break][break]
The books that were centered around people his own age he usually found boring. There were very few books that was made for people around his own that he actually liked. They didn’t make him think enough like a book with complex words would.

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes
[attr="class","pokeclass"]
[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
Civilian of dubious means
If you want to be strong, learn to fight alone!
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 2:05:08 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Asher always adored the park. Marks for stealing wallets or anything of value were sparse, but he could feel free out here. He could run around and everything. And his Gabite and oddly colored Alolan Marowak seemed to enjoy chasing him down. He even started using some parkour, using the park's natural environment to make his own motions more unpredictable. Chompers the Gabite was having trouble catching him, but Bones...well, Bones was his oldest friend. And thus knew him pretty well. There was a reason why Bones was ahead on points.

As the blazing red head darted around and started to head towards a bench, he had completely forgotten that someone took up residence on it. Along with a very strange Pokemon that he never seen before. Unfortunately, Chompers used Dig. And while Ash turned on his heel to change direction quickly enough, the dragon didn't realize that his target had shifted directions. So when he popped out of the ground, it was with enough force to lifted the bench a foot and a half off the ground. The dragon plopped on the ground, still halfways through it, clutching his head. Jogging over to them, Ash spoke. "Sorry about that, Chompers evidently didn't think that I would change directions so suddenly..."

The teenager walked closer, but was careful to not get between trainer and Pokemon, and helped Chompers out. "Although, buddy, you probably shouldn't be using Dig, that'll upset the park rangers..." Even if that was a little late. Looking back at the guy, Ash took in some other observations. Nerd. If the big book and glasses were anything to go by. Not that there was anything wrong with that. "Sorry again. Hopefully we didn't make you lose your place..."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 4:10:34 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]

He was focused on the book he was reading. Ignoring everything around him. Well that was until the bench was raised up. Shocked he fell over sideways but surprisingly didn’t drop his book. When the bench fell back down he pushed himself back into a sitting position.
[break][break]
Rubbing his shoulder he turned his attention to the red head that was talking to him. ”Oh….ummm don’t worry about it,” he said waving off the others apology. Due to growing up isolated he wasn’t used to interacted with people that were around his age that weren’t his siblings. So he often didn’t know how to talk to them.
[break][break]
While he addressed his Gabite he took off his glasses to make sure they hadn’t gotten damaged when he fell. Even though they were only none prescription he didn’t want them to break. Without his glasses he looked a good bit younger which is why he wore glasses, to make them look older.
[break][break]
Slipping his glasses back on he turned his attention back to the other guy. ”No worries, can’t fault a Pokémon for wanting to run around in the park. Or another kid for that matter,” he stated, though he was sure the redhead was older than him. Though he didn’t think it was by much.
[break][break]
”Anyway my name’s Absalom Steel, but you can call me Axel,” he stated before realizing he was still standing there. ”Oh right, do you want to sit down?” he asked awkwardly gesturing towards the empty spot next to him.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 1:28:35 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Seemed the guy didn't take offense or even got angry. That was a relief. You can never be too sure about the quiet ones. Ash laughed at the comment. "I'm an active guy. Chompers seem to like that a lot. Bones is used to it, but I've had him for a long time..." He introduced his oddly colored Alolan Marowak. Who simply nodded at both the Zoraork and the lad. The interesting boy gave them his own name. And wow, was that a cool name! "Now that's a really cool name! I'm Asher Beran. And sure, I can use a breather..." He gladly took a seat.

The Gabite did much the same, and just sat down and rested his poor aching head on the boy's lap. Bones just stood idly by, enjoying the small breeze blowing through the park. "Hey, Axel, I don't mean to be rude, but what kind of Zoraork is that? The ones I've seen in books and stuff show them being black and their mane usually tied up." He'd never seen one personally he didn't think. It was probably some kind of regional varient.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 19:36:42 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]

”That’s nice I try to be active when I can get away with it,” he told the older teen before eying the Marowak curiously. He had seen enough pictures of Alonan Marowak in his father’s research books but he had never seen one that color. Was it shiny? His father hadn’t had the pictures of the shiny variant, so he wasn’t sure what the shiny variant looked like.
[break][break]
”Is your Marowak shiny? I know the Alonan variant from my dads research but I’ve never seen one that color. He didn’t have pictures of what they looked like shiny,” he explained turning his attention to the older teen. He hoped he wasn’t being to nosy or annoying. But it hard for him not to be curious about the Pokémon around him when he hadn’t seen very many of them for ten years.
[break][break]
As the other male complimented his name his face heated up in embarrassment. ”Thanks, I’ve never been complimented on my name before,” he commented, his face heating up a bit more when he realized he had said the second part out loud. ”A-Anyway, I like your name as well.”
[break][break]
Luckily the older teen changed the topic. After regaining his composure he answered Asher. ”I’m not real sure. All I know is that he’s not a dark type, from what I’ve gathered he’s a normal/ghost type,” he explained. ”His name is Mirage.”[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 15:46:49 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
When he could get away with it? What did that mean? Well, whatever, Asher wasn't the pry into your business type. So he let that odd statement go. If you just want to go out and run, just do it! The boy did look curiously at Bones though. The more night-like colors he had instead of more earth tones. Abe mentioned it, wondering if he was shiny. "Yep. I think that's why he was being bullied by some other Cubone. Before he evolved into Marowak. I helped him out, and he just eventually became my first Pokemon." Even when his twin tried to steal the Cubone from him. Bones could see the difference between the two easily.

Seemed the guy didn't get compliments that much, as Ash saw the guy's face turn red from embarrassment. "Aw, no need to be embarrassed." The red head gave Abe a cheesy, goofy grin. Hopefully that would calm down the lad. Though Ash did sort of deadpan at the return compliment. Yeah, let's not open up that can of worms yet. He liked his own first name, but his last name...well, he hated his family, so there's that.

Then came the topic of Mirage. A normal and ghost type? "Wow...that's pretty cool. And he looks strong too. You had him long?" Ash had leaned forward to look at the Zoroark better. Gone was the clean mane, and in its place was a messy, ghostly one with pinkish-red wisps. "Have you not gone to the library to research it?" He'd sure be curious enough to investigate it.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 2:26:26 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]

So he had a Pokémon who was being bullied as well when he met him. The fact that both of their first pokemon being bullied had let to them being their first pokemon. What were the odds of that? Probably not as big as he thought it was, but probably not to common either.
[break][break]
He missed his opportunity to reply as the conversation moved on. ”That’s easier said than done,” he pointed out when the older teen told him he didn’t need to be embarrassed about the compliment. To take the attention off his embarrassment he returned the compliment. Seeing his reaction he couldn’t help but tilt his head to the side. Had he said something wrong?
[break][break]
The conversation returned to pokemon and he perked up the older teen asked for more information concerning his Zoroark. ”I’ve had him for three years. Our first meeting was similar to his and you and your Marowak’s. I met him when he was still a Zorua and he was being ganged up on by some other wild pokemon. My sister send out her Pokémon to take them on while I tended to his injuries, we’ve been together ever since,” he said trying not to allow himself to get to excited.
[break][break]
Getting to excited would only trigger an episode. Best not to let that happened. ”I’ve been searching but I haven’t discovered much. I think I may be looking in the wrong place. Sometimes tells me I should be looking at older information,” he explained his expression thoughtful.[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 18:59:26 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
So he's had the Zoroark for three years. And astonishingly, pretty similar circumstances. Though Ash actually stepped in physically and had punched a few skulls...much to his fists' chagrin. Then came the comment about the research. Well...a possibility did come up in his mind. "I betcha he came from a space-time distortion. Those have been happening every so often. Some Pokemon have completely different forms, or sometimes their evolutions are similar, but possess different types. A buddy of mine had a Cyndiquil that evolved into a fire and ghost type Typhlosion instead of a typical Typhlosion when he got caught up in one of them. I'm far from an expert, but maybe try that line of research?"

Ash hadn't gone to school since...well, since he got to Hoenn. Survival had been his top priority. Since joining Rocket, that had been so much easier. So now he could focus on other things. Namely becoming a Pokemon Coordinator. And maybe getting some kind of education later. Beyond simple labor jobs. "Wanna go to the library and see?" The internet was a wonderful place. And surely by now there'd be something posted about them or some documentaries or something about the distortions circulating about.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 17:18:43 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]

He listened to what Asher said taking it into account. Of course he had heard of the space time distortions, but he’d never been in one himself. It was a definite possibility. Especially considering he hadn’t been able to find much when it came to recent information. He had his theories though. That Mirage had come from the past just not in the way fossil Pokémon had.
[break][break]
It was just a hunch he had and usually his hunches were right. So if he was right Mirage coming from a space-time distortion made the most senses. ”That would make the most sense if that’s the case. I have a theory that this was what the Pokémon was like in the past. Just a hunch I have since I haven’t found much when looking at recent information.”
[break][break]
The fact that the older male was offering to go to the library with him was a surprise. It made it so he spoke without thinking. ”You would really go to the library with me,” he asked his face hearing up when he realized how incredulous he sounded.
[break][break]
”I don’t need to sound so surprised about it,” he said with a small sigh before he continued. ”I’m sorry, I’m not real use to interacting with someone outside my family,” he said hoping the older teen wouldn’t leave now.[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 21:04:23 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Abs thought it made the the most sense, particularly given his own hunches. Good guesses maybe? Though Ash looked at him confused. Was it really that surprising? The red head was the one that asked about Mirage in the first place. Without much thinking, Ash got up, grabbed the boy's wrist, and started to drag him to the library. "Dude, you need to get out more. Even if it's not just for running and jumping and stuff. Fresh air can do a person some good." Roughing it outside wasn't bad. But for someone with a stable home life, they should have friends, right? Abs was so wierd...

"Don't be so shocked. Does no one want to interract with the kid with the really cool name? Or are they being stupid because you're nerdy and they're not into trying to be smart? I'm far and away not the smartest person, but to shun someone who's up there is dumb. They may just become your boss one day..." Granted, he was hoping to become a top coordinator, but still. Hopefully Abs wouldn't mind the sudden motion, though if he dropped his book, Bones would pick it up carefully and follow along. Chompers would also be obedient and follow along. After all, they were out for a walk!

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 19:10:20 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]LIVE LIFE FOR YOU NOT FOR OTHERS

[attr="class","setting"]

What he wasn’t expecting was for the older teen to start dragging him. He stumbled but luckily didn’t fall just kept moving after the older teen. ”I’ve gotten out plenty in the past three years. I guess I’ve just been focused on going out to try and get more Pokémon on my team,” he said his lungs starting to protest the brisk walk they were taking.
[break][break]
He was breathing through his nose hoping that would help. But he would probably have to ask for them to slow down. The surprise at being referred to as nerdy made him stumble but he was quick to regain his balance. He had never referred to himself as nerdy before but he supposed it was true.
[break][break]
As always when he caught off guard by something he said the first thing that popped into his mind. ”No nothing like that my parents just kept me at home for the first ten years of my life,” he said before what he had just said registering making him flush in embarrassment. His lungs were really aching now and he knew he would have to ask to slow down.
[break][break]
”Can we slow down a bit? I feel like this is more of a power walk than a walk,” he said knowing he was starting to sound out of breath. ’Stupid underdeveloped lungs,’ he thought irritable before quickly pushing his irritation away.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 3:09:01 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
"Well, that's good at least haha~" Ash barely noticed the stumble and the gasp for breath. He figured the surprise got him. Thankfully he was wrong about kids being dumb, but it only sounded worse! That made him frown. There was overprotective, and then there was...whatever resulted in Abs's current self. "Oh, right, sorry." The blazing red head stopped to let the other male catch his breath. Why would they do that to the poor kid?! Even his brother his parents let be a kid. Even if a horrible and entitled one.

Bones stood around as they waited for the blue-ish silver haired guy to catch his breath, while Chompers darted around. "Why would your parents do that? As much as my parents play favorites, they still let my twin be a kid. Even if a horrible and entitled brat..." Although...with the way Absalom was breathing...was it a medical thing? Even the most non-physically active kid wouldn't be breathing that hard...would they? "Is it a medical thing?" Asher just...blurted out. And it was his turn to feel embarrassed, his face turning pink. "Er, sorry, you don't have to answer that...me just being stupid..." Hopefully the other teenager wouldn't mind letting that just slip on through...some people are sensitive about those kinds of topics...

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 15:46:32 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He never did understand why people apologized for stuff that wasn’t their fault. It wasn’t like Asher had made his parents overbearingly protective after all. And it wasn’t like they were bad parents. They just hadn’t known how to deal with having a son with his condition and it had made them overprotective.
[break][break]
Thankfully the two came to a stop and he could work on catching his breath. Luckily he was only breathing hard, and wasn’t gasping for breath like a fish out of water. As the older teen spoke he frowned when he heard how dismissive of his family he was. He knew not everyone had perfect home lives, even his home life hadn’t been perfect, but to him family were suppose to treasure each other.
[break][break]
”My parents paid more attention to me, though I wouldn’t say they favored me. They wanted me close to home while my siblings were free to go out and live their lives but I wanted say they favored my siblings either. Just different parenting styles when dealing with us,” he would tell the older teen with a sigh. He wondered if it was as black and white as Asher thought it was or if there was more to it that even the redhead wasn’t aware of.
[break][break]
Of course he was expecting the question. It was pretty easy to tell something had to be wrong with him. ”Don’t worry about it, I was expecting the question. Usually I can keep it hidden longer since I usually ride Mirage but I had decided to walk today so I think I was just reaching my limits,” he said, flushing when he realized he was just blabbering.
[break][break]
”So to answer your your question yes it’s a health condition. Not genetic though. I was born three months to early and because of that my lungs didn’t fully develop,” he explained his breathing a bit more even now that they had taken a break. He supposed he would have to be more careful not to push his limits, but considering how reckless he could be that was asking a lot.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 19:18:04 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Ah, so while they did dote on him, it sounded like they doted on the rest of his siblings too, just in different ways. Though the answer to his other question was there too. Abs didn't mind it, even expected the question, it still didn't sit right with Ash that he was being a little too nosy. He didn't expect the answer though. Underdeveloped lungs. The face that Ash was giving would give off that he felt bad for the kid. Although..."That would explain your parents' worry though. I wish my parents were that way. Sounds like you need to pace yourself quite a bit. Or ride a Pokemon like you normally do. Is there any kind of therepy or anything that can help?" Something like that, the only real cure would be a new set of lungs, and that ain't happening.

Depending on Abs ambitions, that could also be a huge obstacle. But if he kept at it or pace himself, it might not be a huge one. Hopefully the rest would be enough so they could continue, if at a dramatically slower rate. Ash wouldn't mind the slowdown. He'd been playing with his buds all morning after all.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Serenity [S/O]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 17:49:24 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The fact the older teen felt bad for him made him uncomfortable. That was what usually led people to fretting over him. Or to treat him like he was made of glass. He probably would’ve gone over multiple scenarios to how he treated might treat him if he hadn’t spoken pulling him away from his thoughts. Well that was certainly a new one. He had never said someone say they wished that had parents like his before.
[break][break]
”Well yes I suppose to some people it would seem like a blessing,” he said awkwardly. ”But….ummm…..it has its own set of complications. I can find it hard to socialize to anyone outside my family for one. I guess it’s hard to develop social skills if you spend ten years talking to the same people over and over again.”
[break][break]
He was struggling to put his thoughts into words again but he felt he was doing well enough. Luckily what he did to maintain his condition was an easy talk so as he prepared to discuss what he did he found himself relaxing. ”I take a special herbal remedy that helps maintain it. It’s not perfect but it’s the best we can do,” he explained hoping that explanation would work.
[break][break]
The teen knew most would use an inhaler but that hadn’t worked out the last time. Which he would be fine explaining if he asked. ”Anyway I think I’m rested enough,” he said so they could resume walking.[break]