Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 13:46:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Tapu Playdate

Mission: Vs Tapu Koko, ft.

"Well... here we are."

On a teeny-tiny archipelago tucked away within Hoenn's many water routes, Tapu Koko's temporary stomping grounds could be found.

The island deity had an affinity for such places, and couldn't be kept in the closed off quarters of the League HQ for terribly long before an overpowering desire to flex its muscles and stretch its proverbial wings welled up within.

Which was to say, Tapu Koko could be heard throwing down with its sister, Tapu Lele, in the distance, the pink deity's distant, the booming claps and cracks as well as distorted giggling reaching the sandy shores their vessel had been docked to.

Turning his gaze away from the small jungle stretching before them, Doug glanced at the little girl besides him and tilted a brow, grinning. "Try not to get squished, sport."
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 20:48:21 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She'd been here once before, back when days had seemed much brighter and she had felt less weight coiled upon her shoulders.[break][break]

"I... are you sure I can be here?"[break][break]

As Reiner slinks and pours himself off the boat, he has his tail wrapped around her arm, a tentative guide and safety belt for if she should ever somehow trip. Scarred fingers nervously tug at her backpack and those nerves are reflected, stinging and churning in repeated waves. But she won't miss this chance to slip in a joke, to give Doug one of those smiles that had grown so rare in the past few months.[break][break]

"I think, if I can survive spatial chasms, being near deleted and just about a crisis every other months, I'll be fine."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 1:52:23 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Tapu Playdate

At her question, Doug merely snorted without looking her way, all but telling her it wasn't even worth answering such a query.

Of course she could.

"Yeah, I suppose I should grant ya the courtesy." He said with a chuckle, crouching down to one knee to stand besides her. "But just on the off chance... come on. Quick check up."

He held out his hands towards her, waiting for her to grab them with her own.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 3:53:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Check ups always make her nervous, this will be no exception. But the nerves she feels stems from the uncertainty of letting Doug know she's gotten a few more scraps and bruises than when they last met, rather than the thought she might get poked by a needle.[break][break]

All it takes is a quiet nudge from Reiner, the Luxray cocking his head towards his outstretched hands for her to give in. Though her hands might be marred with old burn scars, they certainly don't harbour any new injuries as she gently takes hold.[break][break]

"I'm fine though..."

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 14:23:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Tapu Playdate

Carefully, Doug allowed his scales to spill onto the little girl's hand, spreading up her arm and around her body in short order.

"How's your eye?" He asked patiently as he turned his gaze up, eyeing her eyeball yet again. It was his working pet project— the Eris Halla Eyesight Restoration Project.

He would've loved to ask about the burns in her hands, if only to know a little more about her, but he didn't want her to shut down after only just getting there.

In the sky, the giggles grew louder as the clap of thunder rocked the island.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 14:53:06 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]No matter how many times she's seen it, the rapid spreading of scales never ceases to unease her. Not because she's had bad experiences with them but rather, she simply does not enjoy the idea of dealing with strange magic particles so close to her.[break][break]

When its influence wanes, she finds that the ache in her back wound has somewhat subsided. And she'll keep that quiet for now, opting to close her right eye as she tries to look through the other. Darkness, very distorted and unidentifiable shapes - There's no telling Reiner's face apart from the sand so she gives up, choosing to fall back to relying on her good eye once more.[break][break]

"Well, it hasn't gotten any worse from the last time?" Maintenance is probably better than deterioration is the bright side they may argue for. "And uh-"[break][break]

The sandy shores rumble from the sheer roar of thunder, drawing the attention of a certain little pixie as they quietly peek their head out of her backpack.[break][break]

"Should we be worried about that?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 23:48:05 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Tapu Playdate

"Nah." He said absentmindedly, pursing his lips as he considered what his little patient had said.

Was he doing something wrong? Was it simply beyond his powers? Or was he lacking in training...?

A shockwave split a number of clouds high above, before a yellow blur came flying over them, crashing into the beach with a thunderous splash that briefly casted a glimmering shadow over them.

More reasons to continue meeting with and .

The same blur blasted out of the water like lightning in a straight line back to where it came from, meeting with a glowing pink ball to the sound of an exploding bomb.

"Don't worry, Eris. I'll figure this out." Doug said as he dragged his thumb over her eyelid, before rising back to his feet. "Anyway... sounds like'll be done soon. Who ya most excited to meet with, sport?"
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 4:38:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Figuring things out means him pouring time into trying to help her. It means him wasting precious time he could have afforded on himself. Is she worth the effort with how often she gets injured or near-killed? A small frown decorates her lips as she watches him stand back up.[break][break]

"Hmm... I wanna meet Koko! Cos he's electric like Reiner!" The question makes her reach over to the Luxray, pulling him into a hug that earns her a rolling of eyes. Despite everything that's transpired over the past few years, there is always a part of her that will tap at her roots. "I think Mes wants to meet Lele though..."[break][break]

The pixie squeals, clapping their hands together as they lean a little out of her backpack. Maybe it's got something to do with their shared colours? A string of emotions? The connection isn't all that clear despite the time they've shared.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 0:24:47 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Tapu Playdate

Doug nodded, trying not to coo at the cuteness. He was glad Tapu Lele wasn't nearby to hear the girl choose her brother, tho—

"Huh?" He said as he turned his gaze over to Mesprit. "For real?"

This ought to be... hopefully good.

And just like that, the sounds of booming conflict had ceased. From the jungle, Tapu Lele emerged in a rush, giggling the whole while as she came to a stop right before crashing into Doug, kicking up a dust cloud in his face.

As the youth spat out the sand, an equally enthusiastic Tapu Koko suddenly landed with a booming clap besides them, bouncing excitedly in place as he looked them over.

"Yuck..." Doug gagged as he finished spitting dirt, face scrunched up as he glared at Lele. "Oi. You two; you've got guest."

He gestured to Eris, Reiner and Mesprit.

"Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, these are Eris, Reiner and Mesprit." He said. "Be nice."

He was looking at Tapu Lele when he said that.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 6:25:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Mesprit makes her will known through the blips and fragments of joy dancing in one's heart, tapping away at their emotions and slotting in whatever might conflict with their current state of mind. But where might eat a cloud of dust, Eris finds herself much luckier in that the Lake Guardian happens to be not the biggest fan of choking on sand. A Psychic force keeps the particles at bay, and the trio watch in curiosity as the Tapus make themselves known.[break][break]

"Nice to see you again, Tapu Koko? And pleasure to meet you, Tapu Lele!" She follows Doug's choice of title, uncertain whether she might incur the wrath of the guardian should she be a little too informal. Then again, is she already considered rude for assuming that Tapu Koko even remembers her from the time she fought him with ?[break][break]

Reiner merely dips his head in greeting, whereas Mesprit squeals and claps their hands in a show of utmost delight. With any luck, things should go off without a hitch right?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 1:59:28 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Tapu Playdate

Tapu Lele mirrored Mesprit in enthusiasm, leaning closer whilst humming to herself and observing the Lake pixie with interest.

It reminded Doug of her interactions with Celebi, the prince of the forest. He wondered if she would try to... court (?) this one too.

Tapu Koko, for his part, seemed briefly interested on the interactions between his sister and the pixie, though his gaze went back to Eris when the little girl reintroduced herself.

Tapu Lele seemed a little distracted with Mesprit, but Koko gave her his full attention, bouncing in place whilst looking her in the eye.

He glanced Doug's way, expression blank. Doug's shrugged at the deity.

"I'unno!" He said to the unspoken question, before gently placing his palm on Eris back. "Go on, Eris! He doesn't bite."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 5:30:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Oh, how curiosity links their hearts together. Whilst Tapu Lele dares to lean in, Mesprit zips out of their little hiding spot and reaches out to take her hands. With a light trill, the pixie invites the guardian to dance, twirling a little in the air before waiting for the other to follow suit.[break][break]

On the other hand, Eris is much more subdued in her interactions with Tapu Koko. Her eyes flit from to Reiner, then to the lightning deity himself.[break][break]

Go on? What is that supposed to mean? Did Doug just have a conversation with Tapu Koko that she couldn't understand? What is she supposed to do here? Nervous as she is, she looks to Mesprit for answers and finds the Lake Guardian busy with their own little waltz.[break][break]

Should she follow? She takes a deep breath in and tries to stop her hands from trembling as she offers it out.[break][break]

"Do you wanna be friends?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 17:02:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Tapu Playdate

Anyone who had attended the star soiree knew that Tapu Lele loved dancing. Just like that, Mesprit had herself a partner.

On the other side? Tapu Koko simply stared at Eris, still bouncing energetically in place. That was almost like a nod, yeah?

"... I think that means he likes you." Doug said as he leaned slightly over to Eris, whispering conspiratorially. "Now's your chance, ask him something! Or... play a game?"

He paused, poking at his cheek in thought as his lips pursed.

"What did'cha wanna do once ya met him anyway?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 22:36:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I- uhm-" Though she still faces Tapu Koko, her eyes can't help but dart towards Doug as he leans in with a piece of advice. And she'll have to take a second to consider the question he poses, stepping back to create some space as she tries to tug something out of her bag -[break][break]

A leatherbound notebook with a few too many colourful markers on the side.[break][break]

"I wanted to know more about him. His personality, stuff he likes and dislikes, his story... You know, all that stuff? To know whether he's like how any folklore might describe him as."[break][break]

Whilst she's preoccupied with trying to find a pencil, Reiner merely stands by her side and watches as Mesprit twirls about the other Tapu deity, leaving sparkling trails of pink in their wake that fade quick. Joy spreads in abundance, excitement rising as the pixie wears their heart on their sleeves. At some point, Mesprit even dares to prod at Tapu Koko's own emotions, letting out a squeal as they tumble backwards and repeatedly kick the air.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Tapu Playdate [Eris/M]
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 14:26:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Tapu Playdate

Doug and Tapu Koko both stared at Eris.

"Uh... I don't think they talk though." Doug explained to Eris, before pausing. "... Not to anyone but their avatars anyway."

He could've sworn he could understand Lele. Sometimes. Precious, few times.

His fist suddenly dropped onto his open palm!

"Oh! How's 'bout ya make 'im yay or nay questions?" He suggested, grinning. "Should've be easy enough, yeah?"

For his part, Tapu Koko's gaze suddenly snapped towards Mesprit, fixing her with a stare. As with any deity, his emotions were not as simple as to read as a human's. Or perhaps they were simpler yet?

It was hard to tell if he appreciated the prod or not.

His sister certainly did, joining hands with the pixie to spin in the air, their combined neon pink particles falling to the beach sand.