francie myrtle
defense against the dark arts [ c / m ]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 14:49:36 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

by word of mouth through the rangers, was suggested to francie as somebody who could teach her to physically hold her own against anybody who might want to harm her. being that she'd just had horrendous run ins with a hallucination of , through all the shit having to do with galar, she figured it would be a good idea to get herself an instructor![break][break]

smart girl, right?[break][break]

she stands in the place they were said to meet in lavaridge with her arms holding a shield. she's not sure what to do with it. mostly, she didn't know people still practiced these sort of arts. but how cool, right?[break][break]

sure, she knows how to kick box. but not how to defend herself against people who are clearly ready to kick her tail.

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 18:21:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya, on the other hand, knows murderous intent. she has thrown herself against slim odds and stood proud in the face of impending doom. she's suffered because of it - twisted limbs and a lifetime of nightmares, but mossdeep still stands in part because of her. there are lives, unbeknownst to her, that have been touched by her sacrifices. 

not as many as there should be. her abandonment still haunts her. but she atones. she will always atone. 

part of that atonement is answering these calls. she arrives in lavaridge, not with a sword but with a bow. her companion is hard to miss - one, because freya is still irritated with her stunt from a few weeks ago and two, because she's holding a shield.

"ranger myrtle," she says as she approaches. she offers a thin smile. "i'm curious why you chose me for this training exercise."
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 21:04:09 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

the title 'ranger' makes her jump and, in turn, she drops the shield. it falls just shy of her foot and shows freya right then and there that she's made up of dumb luck and rays of sunshine.[break][break]

"miss morningstar!"[break][break]

francie turns and has the urge to salute, but doesn't. instead, she just beams at her and bounces over in excitement. her blonde ponytail sways as she nearly skips over to the woman. she stops right in front of her and blinks a few curious times at the bow.[break][break]

"whoa. you brought your own weapon. that's super cool..."[break][break]

shaking herself from her awe, and mild envy at how cool freya looks, francie straightens up and nods.[break][break]

"right! why i asked you to come. that's because ... well, i'm tired of people being able to get the better of me cause i'm both small," muscular but short; a whole five foot even. "and a woman. so i'd like to learn to take care of myself in situations where pokémon might not be able to."[break][break]

because she's painfully aware there are people out there who wear robot suits () and craycray things like that.

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 22:50:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

when francie mentions freya's bow, she looks down at it. sleek silver with rubber grips currently gripped by her thin hands. her quiver hangs off of her hip. at first glance, the bow might seem more impressive than the nondescript quiver and it will more than likely stay that way throughout this fight. no sense wasting any of her resources, and during a friendly fight to boot. 

she laughs at francie's explanation, if somewhat bitterly. 

"my advice? don't get in those situations." her cheek still houses a small scar from where a rocket beast had cut into it with her fists ( ). "but i get it."

she'd gone to king with the same request. granted, hers had more...nuance to it, but the fact remains the same. 

"i'm still learning hand-to-hand myself, to be honest with you, but i can teach you strategy. i know a thing or two about fighting angry men." she tosses the bow aside. "you wanna start with the shield? use it and make sure i can't land a hit on you."
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 16:29:44 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

when mentioned that she knows a thing or two about fighting angry men, francie gets oddly excited. there's a clear glint in her eyes and she looks a little starstruck.[break][break]

because clearly this woman before her is nothing short of a hero to her. a role model, somebody she'd be willing to absolutely die for. just by looking at her! gorgeous, in charge, knows what she wants! at least, that's what francie sees.[break][break]

schoolgirl crush anyone? not that francie even realizes it, cause she's thick.[break][break]

"okay sure!" she pulls the shield up and holds it close, brows furrowed as she braces herself. "make sure you don't land a hit, got it... um, how long am i supposed to do that? just like, until i can't anymore?"[break][break]

she's asking if there's a time limit or if somehow she's supposed to shout auntie at her whens he's had enough.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 22:06:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya only has eyes for her one and only, so whatever puppy-dog eyes francie is giving her go completely over her head. guess they're both thick. instead, her gaze flits over francie's stance, drinking in the way she moves her weight around. where she keeps her center of balance. 

she moves like a boxer. 

when she braces herself and asks her question, freya only smiles and starts swinging. she's lithe, but she's by no means weak. her sparring sessions have gifted her tight, compact muscles that ripple now as she moves, lashing out with calculated blow after blow to francie's midsection, sides, throat - anything to make her move that shield around. 

she does not relent, not as sweat beads on her forehead and as her arms ache and her knuckles complain when they meet the gilded shield. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 15:10:52 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

blow after blow she blocks. it takes effort and she's verbal about every assault. when one goes for her midsection there's a, "whoa!" and when it goes for her side she's hissing out, "oh boy!" but then there's a throat shot and francie's barking in protest with, "howareyousofast?!"[break][break]

there's so much woman and yet francie has to work the hardest she's ever worked in her life — save that one time — in order to keep herself from getting hit. when she does, she just grunts before trying with extra effort to block the next one.[break][break]

because freya's not holding back. francie appreciates that, though. gives her incentive to actually put in the work to block.[break][break]

eventually she gets a streak going. she treats it like a game. when the streak breaks, it causes her to yelp in surprise and even hit back, accidentally — through reflex mind — smacking freya in the face with the shield. or attempting to, anyway.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 16:08:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

they go toe to toe, dancing back and forth as fist glances off of shield. the only sounds are their footwork, freya's grunts, and francie's occasional exclamations. quickly, her muscles begin to burn. sweat beads. her silver tresses slip from careful braids and a flush of heat rises to her cheeks. 

still, she parries what blows come her way and she throws every bit of herself into the fight. she runs through 's training exercises, keeps herself small, her form tight. that's her biggest problem. she overreaches. she gets greedy. 

and through their slogging, her discipline starts to waver. she goes for a jab, knowing full well there's a slim chance of hitting. and she doesn't. instead, francie seizes an opportunity. 

the shield clips her hard on the jaw and she staggers back, holding up a hand to stop their fight. 

she gasps, breathing hard, and smiles. "not bad, francie. so do you box?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 14:45:18 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

freya's not the only one who gasps. francie does as well. having felt the hit, guilt immediately falls into her mind and she's dropping the shield with brows arched in mild horror.[break][break]

"sorry!" it's more of a whisper as freya asks her a question about if she does box.[break][break]

"uuuuhhhh, i mean, not professionally no. my dad used to box when he was younger, like, in school. he likes fighting pokémon—" nobody asked what type of pokémon he liked francie, get to the point. she scolds herself.[break][break]

"but for fun, yeah. that's usually what i do as a work out. most of the time it's with my rock pokémon. they spot me... it's nothing like having a fighting type show you the ropes but, it's fun anyway. and i get a good work out from it. at least, i think i do. again, not professional..."[break][break]

she's rambled enough to get close, frowning.[break][break]

"sorry about your jaw... it was reflex."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 16:58:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"i've endured worse," she says with a wave of her hand. far, far worse. still, she flexes her jaw a little bit and rubs the sore spot with her thumb. it's fine though. she'll just make kiss it better later. 

"you're selling yourself short." she finally drops her hand and then bends over to pick up the shield from the ground. it's scuffed a bit - satisfied, she realizes some of the marks are from her own hits. she holds it out to francie with a smile. 

"i'm honestly not sure if i could teach you anything you don't already know, except to be more confident in your own abilities." she glances away, lips pursed. her brows furrow in contemplation, and then she sighs and lets it go. "if you go into a battle thinking you're less than you are, you've already lost. trust me on that."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 0:26:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: