Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Ace Detective (HBIC Agent)
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Witness [O/M]
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 19:51:36 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"]
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
The sky above showed a brilliant robin’s egg blue. There was not a cloud to be seen. And, yet, the farmer called this a disaster. One of his favorite farmhands—a nephew on some side of the family—had been taken this morning. But it’d not been for ransom or some stupid holiday prank. It seemed to be aliens. To be more accurate, it was supposedly a small group of Beheeyem.

Typically, according to the farmer, the steel types abducted baby Miltank or Tauros, They always turned up a few hours later no worse for wear with the look of awakening in their eyes. The man went on to discuss how this born-again bovine frightened him. But—with all the grammatical mistakes and unnecessary detours—Nikita did not hear more than that. Finally, he managed to excuse himself with a bow and a polite farewell.

He proceeded to the site of the abduction—a small patch of field among a sea of it. As the grass was burned away, it was as obvious as the toupe on a balding man. It still smoked from whatever power had been used to abduct the man. Nikita stared down at the smoking grass with a pensive frown. This did not add up. Perhaps it was the shape of this supposed crop circle or the fact that psychic energy did not create sparks.

With a soft click of his tongue, Nikita and Detective Winters II proceeded toward a person the farmer earlier pointed out. Apparently—why was unclear—this individual had been near the victim when he was—ahem--beamed up. In place of a notepad, Nikita carried a tablet and a high-end stylus. Already, its surface was covered in countless notes. Many of them were about the man who’d reported the incident.

The length and shape of his sleeves. The way he wore his pants and arranged his suspenders. The causes of the pockmarks around his mouth and the wear in his socks. All banal information the detective stored for later, Though he rarely referred to his notes—he did not need to. But seeing him write was often enough to calm clients. Busywork tended to do that.

As he approaches, Nikita offers a wan, tight smile. It does not reach his eyes which search you like a piercing x-ray. The dog at his side stares up with his flaming ember pupils, his posture cold and professional.

“I am told you witnessed the ‘abduction.’” He began in his typical wan tones. “Would you be so kind as to walk us through what happened?”

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

@open
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #80B0EC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #65A0E9; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #6792F5; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:420px;background-color:#6792F5;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
nursing on a poison that never stung
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
lay me gently in the cold, dark earth
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
Witness [O/M]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 17:55:58 GMT
raphael dos plumas Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknox2"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]By virtue of his line of work and the company he kept, Raph’d had more than enough history with alcohol abuse, recreational drug use, and head trauma to pretty much right off any weird thing he saw as a hallucination caused by or resulting from either/or any combination of the above.

But this was the first time he’d ever been interviewed about it, though. Usually, his family reacted with indifference-- would raise an eyebrow and humor him with an edge just dull of mocking, and would laugh until he saw fit to fall over because that was just the way he felt everything-- with his whole ass chest. would laugh, too, but like he was giggling at a joke Raph was not in on.

“It was just the damndest thing,” he says to the guy asking the questions-- a tall, dark-haired dude with an eyepiece and blue eyes the same color as the sky. “One second I come out for a piss and th’ next there’s a bright light in the sky and the whole Miltank is just, zoop, goin’ up. At least, I think it was a Miltank.” He tosses a careless hand to indicate how quick the entire interaction had been.

[attr="class","samknoxt"]
[attr="class","samknoxc"]

[newclass=.samknox]margin:0 auto;width:420px;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox blockquote]margin-left: 0;margin-right: 0;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px!important;font-family:poppins, sans-serif!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox2]border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:80px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin-bottom: -30px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw]font-size:11.5px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt]text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt a]text-transform:uppercase!important;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 1.5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxc]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Witness [O/M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 1:35:25 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
While Raphael spoke, Nikita took time to dissect the stranger’s appearance. He observed a number of barely hidden scars on the outskirt of his clothing. Keen blue eyes also marked a number of points of interest, including posture and general demeanor. It does not appear as if he is the mastermind. He appears genuinely confused—if a bit flippant.. The detective also learned what he could from the man’s speech.

Which, unfortunately, meant having to listen to it. The detective managed to keep the distaste from the rough mannerisms hidden—mostly. Only his nose showed signs of annoyance. The slightest wrinkle at the crook of his nose and the pursing of pale, thin lips... Must he skip letters like that? It is speech, not hopscotch, Unfortunately, gentlemen like this were rarely any better in written statements. The same disconnect that drove their hatred for clear enunciation also tempted them to skip entire words.

It would be fascinating if it did not make his mother turn in her grave.

The man’s stylus moved slowly across his screen, taking notes in shorthand. What madness drove these scribbles was a puzzle known only to him, his hound, and his ex-wife. As Raphel’s words petered off, Nikita’s brow jerked upward. “You came outside to take a piss?” Was there, not a house just a hundred yards away? That choice seemed strange in and of itself. Or, perhaps, the man was too lazy to enjoy the benefits of indoor plumbing. “I see.”

The comment about the Miltank, meanwhile, went uncorrected. From a distance, a stout man could easily be mistaken for a cow—especially when you were plastered seven ways to Sunday. “And how did the…Miltank react?” Blue eyes lifted briefly to the clouds as if trying to decipher the signs in the clouds.

Or, perhaps, asking Arceus why people were so stupid.

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #80B0EC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #65A0E9; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #6792F5; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:420px;background-color:#6792F5;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
nursing on a poison that never stung
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
lay me gently in the cold, dark earth
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
Witness [O/M]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 18:32:32 GMT
raphael dos plumas Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknox2"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]Raph may had been an idiot but he wasn’t stupid. He tracked the stranger’s gaze on him, acknowledged it, and ignored it. This wasn’t his first goat rodeo and it wouldn’t be the first, or last, time someone had summed up his appearances and decided he wasn’t worth scratch. It had stopped bothering him long ago. He had a family that cared about him and he liked himself and that was about all that mattered in this life, he thought.

“Well, yeah,” Raph said, gesturing around them. “Nature was the first bathroom, y’know.” He grinned, a foxlike cranking up of one corner of his mouth (like a cigarette would fit perfectly there) and continued on in that line of thinking because he guessed it would get this guy’s goat. “You oughta try it sometime. Pissin’ in the wild. It’s freeing.” He laid hard on that g because he could see the man’s eye twitch almost imperceptibly every time he dropped a glottal.

Raph had never made anyone’s life easier in his existence and he was not about to start now.

He sucked his cheek when the guy asked how the Miltank (or whatever it had been) reacted as it got slurped up into the sky like a goddamn astral spaghetti noodle. “It, uh.” He illustrated with some slow flailing of his arms, flaring his palms out in a bad impression of jazz hands. “It just sort of… did that, in the air.” He shrugged, arms dropping with a clap to his sides. And then, obnoxiously frank, he asked, “Was it aliens?”

[attr="class","samknoxt"]
[attr="class","samknoxc"]

[newclass=.samknox]margin:0 auto;width:420px;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox blockquote]margin-left: 0;margin-right: 0;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px!important;font-family:poppins, sans-serif!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox2]border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:80px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin-bottom: -30px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw]font-size:11.5px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt]text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt a]text-transform:uppercase!important;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 1.5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxc]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Witness [O/M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 5:13:46 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
Nikita looked for signs that the man had been somehow involved in this disappearance. The alibi was not exactly one that could be easily corroborated—unless one of the farmhands was also a voyeur. But he did not see any signs of such. The man did not show common signs of deceit. In fact, when compared to many he had the pleasure speaking with, he seemed relatively open.

Clear eyes swept across the farmland around them. Blue eyes crinkled at the thought of dropping his trousers out here—as if he was some desperate camper. Some part of him wondered where this man had chosen to do his business. It was not that he had never answered nature’s call, but it was not something he endeavored to do. “There is a reason it was not the last.” The detective shook his head. “I shall have to take your word for it.”

Fortunately, the conversation quickly progressed from the benefits of relieving one’s self au naturale. He watched the man’s movements with an almost hawk-like gaze—as if this statement was a mouse and he a starving hawk. “So, the cow waved its fingers?” The man asked with a hint of incredulousness. The question was meant with a snuff—a glance shared between him and the eyeless dog next to him. “I do not wish to rush to conclusions.”

He jerked his stylus upward. “Can you tell me anything about the vessel? Was it a spheroid? Triangular?” The sky itself was on the darker side. A benefit of such a rural location. But all that open space also provided ample opportunity for deception.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights