Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Blooms Of Once Was And Could Have Been [Gracedia]
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 23:49:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac didn't know when he started running.[break][break]

The ruins of the Fiorelli Floristry. He saw them every time he squeezed his eyes shut, each vision more warped and decayed than the last.[break][break]

The ghost of coming to haunt him. He could still feel the lingering pressure of her palm against his cheek. Whenever he paid it mind, it burned.[break][break]

The creation of the Bothwell Apothecary. The trade of a perfect life in Petalburg for the den of thieves known as Sootopolis. The knowledge that the woman he loved was doing Arceus knows what to Arceus knows who to truly join the ranks of Rocket engineering. Had his beloved changed? Or had her mask simply come off? Either way, he dreaded the talk they needed to have as much as he knew they needed to have it.[break][break]

Until then, he ran from the shadows of a life that was. He ran, and ran, and ran, until his thighs burned, his chest heaved, and he couldn't run any further. Only then did he let himself stop, lay down, and smell the flowers.[break][break]

The flowers . . . ?[break][break]

Perhaps it was fate that lead him back to the grove of his own creation. It couldn't have been further from the ruins of the Fiorelli Floristry. It was lush. It was vibrant. Sustained by the efforts of his Pokemon, the daily care he teleported over to give, and the touch of magic the Springtide Storms added, it had flourished into something breathtaking.[break][break]

Prying himself up to his feet, Isaac beheld the wonder of what he had helped create. Right there in the center of it all was a Gracedia flower, a beam of moonlight practically illuminating its curved petals. Quietly, almost reverently, Isaac approached. The horrors that he had faced, the anxieties that he harbored, and the grudges that he had nurtured seemed to fade into the back of his mind.[break][break]

As he reached out to take the plant, he could feel the world shift beneath his feet. His attention was wrenched away from the flower, now being drawn to a pristine white stone that rose from the ground.[break][break]

Distracted as he was, he had no idea that he wasn't alone.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,350 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 2:42:20 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Rumor had it the Petalburg Woods were dying.[break][break]
It was exactly the sort of thing a scientist would leap out of bed to collect data on. But on this night, a certain pink-haired scientist wasn't overly concerned with collecting anything. In fact, she hadn't read the reports yet about the ruination that had begun to subtly stake its claim on Hoenn; no, her mind was filled with thoughts of an entirely different matter. Unable to sleep, she'd wandered into the woods for fresh air and the space to sort out her feelings.[break][break]
Feelings that were becoming increasingly difficult to ignore.[break][break]
I trust with my life.[break][break]
But it wasn't just the other woman's protection that she wanted. She wanted a lot of things, some of them so explicit she was mortified to admit to them. Lately, she'd been prone to imagining Parker bursting into her office unannounced and throwing - [break][break]
A light caught Nomi's eye, drawing her away from the vivid imagery her mind had begun to fixate on, cheeks red with a blush nobody else could see. Moonlight, bright and clear, illuminated a flower so beautiful it took Nomi's breath away. She recognized it, of course. The scientific part of her brain could never truly be suppressed. But what was it doing here? In this...small garden she'd stumbled upon?[break][break]
"Gracedia," she murmured, feeling oddly humbled.[break][break]
A figure was moving towards the flower from the other side. A familiar visage, that even in the low lighting - caressed by shadows on all sides - Nomi could never mistake. He plucked it from the ground with gentle hands, hands that had held Nomi's in comforting solace many times, then brought it to some kind of stone Nomi could not quite make out. She moved forward, as if drawn to the scene by a magnet. An Unown-A followed behind her; rarely did she go anywhere without at least one of the symbols watching her back like miniature floating sentinels.[break][break]
"Isaac, is that you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

GRACEDIA (1/3)[break]
Nomi's Outfit Inspiration[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 3:53:18 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

BEFORE YOU, THE STONE LAYS BARE. However, if you were to look closely, you would begin to see the words beginning to etch themselves on the top of the stone. As morsels of stone fall from its pristine face to reveal a simple command:[break]

TO WHOM ARE YOU THANKFUL?

Flowers begin to visibly grow around the rock, curling gently like affectionate bracelets. They curve toward the rock face like arrows.

OBJECTIVE:

STONE WRITING

write a post that has your trainer inscribing the NAME of a character they are thankful to. You may tag another player character, or a significant NPC. Afterward, post in MODERATION REQUESTS.

will respond with another MOD POST detailing what happens next alongside your next step.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 21:58:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Arceus, who wasn't Isaac thankful for by this point? So many people had touched his life, both in the short term and in the long term, in ways he'd never even imagined. How in the world could he capture all of that on just a single, tiny stone? It was impossible. It was unthinkable. It was-[break][break]

"Nomes?"[break][break]

Isaac hadn't expected to be found. Truth be told, he wanted nothing more than to be left alone after the unexpected shocks and horrors he'd been subjected to. However, if he was going to bump into anyone at this moment in time, he was glad it was her. She was smart. She was caring. She could talk all day about her research to distract him from his troubles, or she could focus on her own endeavors to give him the space he needed.[break][break]

"Didn't think I'd see you here," he said, shooting Nomi a weary smile. "What're you doing out so late? Never took you for the night life type." His teases and taunts were still as present as always, but they felt the slightest bit forced.[break][break]

Maybe now it was Nomi's turn to be the okay one.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,350 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 15:40:01 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi approached Isaac, her footfalls light. She crouched down next to the white stone, side-by-side with her friend.[break][break]
The head scientist's long pink hair was mussed, she wore no makeup, and she was dressed in black sweats. In the past, she might have been embarrassed to be seen by Isaac in such a state, but now, she found she did not care. She was captivated by the way he seemed to be withdrawing into himself, his jokes lacking their usual upbeat tenor. Nomi's brow creased with concern. Something wasn't right.[break][break]
"I couldn't sleep," she murmured softly. "I couldn't stop thinking about..." She trailed off, blushing.[break][break]
Better to focus on him. There was clearly something bothering her friend.[break][break]
"Isaac, are you okay?"[break][break]
It was a loaded question, but the night was peaceful and the moonlight comforting. If there was ever a safe space to confess to one's feelings, this seemed to be it: the plucked Gracidea atop a bed of shining alabaster bearing witness.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

GRACEDIA (1/3)[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 1:11:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Judging by that telltale expression on Nomi's face, Isaac wasn't alone in currently assessing his love life. However, whereas his contemplations lead him to a rotten, decaying wasteland, Nomi's lead her to the paradise of new life and fresh blooms that his efforts had created. Their situations were so similar, and yet couldn't be more different.[break][break]

"I will be," Isaac said, though he had no idea when, how, or why. It wasn't every day that his world was shaken upside down, then further thrown into disarray by . . . whatever the hell it was that had done to him. How had she done that, anyway? And what was it in the first place?[break][break]

Still, at least Nomi could count on Isaac to be okay sooner or later. He always was, one way or another.[break][break]

"I just came back here to get away for a bit. Been doing that a lot lately, it feels like," Isaac admitted. "Rather hear about what's on your mind right now, if I'm being honest."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,350 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 2:53:13 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

For the first time since meeting him, when confronted with an open and honest question regarding his wellbeing, Isaac deflected.[break][break]
Nomi stared at him, crimson eyes big and unblinking. She almost protested, insisted he tell her what was actually on his mind. But then she remembered that Isaac had once been the one to reassure her that she was, indeed, a good friend...and good friends listened. It had to be a tremendous weight that Isaac was currently carrying, but according to him, all she really needed to do to help him alleviate it was...[break][break]
Talk about herself.[break][break]
Nomi sucked in a breath, tried to find the right words.[break][break]
"I..." her cheeks grew hot. She settled down next to Isaac, sitting with him by the white stone. They might be here for a while, might as well get comfortable. "I can't stop thinking about someone. Someone specific."[break][break]
Why was this so hard? Surely Isaac knew how this felt. He'd confessed his feelings to at one point, otherwise they wouldn't be dating. That made him the exact right type of person to give her advice...[break][break]
"I want her to want me," she admitted quietly, glad for the cover the darkness afforded her. Otherwise Isaac would surely notice how red her face was.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

GRACEDIA (1/3)[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 4:02:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The confirmation sliced through Isaac's turmoil like a hot knife through butter. One minute, he was morosely contemplating the stone before him, as if hoping it could explain the sudden, explosive change to his future. The next minute . . .[break][break]

"Holy shit. Someone actually got through that big brain of yours and made it to your heart?" That teasing grin was back on his face. That spark lit up in his eyes. Despite his earlier quiet and uncertainty, Isaac Merlo had been brought back down to earth. "I was wondering what was taking everyone so damn long."[break][break]

He sat down on a fallen log, glad that his backup source of mulch could serve as a chair for the time being. Once there, he patted the space next to the log, offering plenty of room for Nomi to sit.[break][break]

"Alright. You know the drill," he said, secretly thankful that he had a nice, juicy problem to sink his teeth into. It was the perfect excuse to force himself out of his head. "Tell me everything and I'll have your back. Shoulder? Ear? Life advice? Whatever you need from me, Nomes."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,350 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 1:50:07 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

As he joked about her big brain, Nomi thought of Isaac's otome route, the one she'd played months ago despite her heart telling her it was a bad idea (which, in the end, it hadn't been...though it had certainly put her through an emotional wringer). Was he really so dense? The absurdity of his statements - how very inaccurate they were - almost made her laugh.[break][break]
He has absolutely no idea how I used to feel about him.[break][break]
Used to. Past tense. She knew that to be true even as she joined him on the fallen log, their bodies almost touching as they rested side-by-side. Once, the close proximity might have made her skin tingle and her heart hammer, but now she only felt the comfortable satisfaction of being his trusted confidant. His friend.[break][break]
"Her name is ," Nomi began, pushing past the embarrassment that threatened to swallow her whole. "She's one of us. A Rocket. She's my bodyguard." How utterly incomplete that explanation was.[break][break]
Isaac's shoulders seemed straighter, his visage less gloomy. Her confession seemed to be buoying him, and so she continued, finding that it became easier the more she shared. Like a weight was being lifted from her shoulders, too.[break][break]
"Isaac, she's so...crude," Nomi giggled as she pictured Parker's smirking face, her attitude, her cursing. "She's also...crazy strong." More blushing. The muscles were definitely one of Parker's best qualities.[break][break]
"More than all that, though, she's incredibly, stupidly brave. Throws herself at danger like she's got a death wish. But she doesn't, it's just...she can't do things half way, you know? All or nothing." She paused, turned to look at him. "Maybe you can relate?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

GRACEDIA (1/3)[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 2:26:00 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Well, that's no surprise," Isaac said, shrugging. "Even back when you were some preppy ball of pink, you were always kinda drawn to the wild side. Arceus, remember how we met? I was pretty sure you were just gonna ride off with my bike!"[break][break]

How Isaac longed for those old days. Back before Team Rocket had positioned itself as an enemy of reality, and he could still pull off the whole street vigilante act. Back before some douchebag ranger killed his poor little bike in cold blood. Back when the weight of the world, both theirs and all tied to them, hadn't yet settled so heavily on his shoulders.[break][break]

But what else was he supposed to do? It was like Nomi said. Some people just couldn't take half measures. Some people, even when their backs were to the wall, couldn't give it less than their all. Was it stupid? Maybe. Was it crazy? Maybe. But was their something strangely enticing and admirable about it? No doubt.[break][break]

Judging by the pointed look Nomi gave him, it was a trait he and Parker shared.[break][break]

"Guess I can, huh?" he mused, a grin equal parts proud and sheepish on his face. Yet under the weight of Nomi's gaze, and in the light of her familiar-looking blush, neurons that had never quite connected started to fire off. Maybe it wasn't the only thing they had in common.[break][break]

"Holy shit," Isaac said, his grin taking a turn for the teasing. "You've got a type."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,350 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 0:05:26 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

And then, finally, he got it.[break][break]
Naturally, her reaction was to punch him lightly in the arm. "Shut up!" She responded in mock anger. Her cheeks were reddening again, but she also felt incredibly relieved. She'd never really realized how much she'd needed to get this off her chest.[break][break]
"Isaac, you absolute idiot," she chided him, laughing a little at the absurdity of this entire situation. Confessing her feelings for someone to someone she used to have feelings for. It was like some of the romance comics she used to read as a teen.[break][break]
"You never realized...but, I wasn't exactly jumping at the opportunity to tell you, either," she admitted. "I like Cygne. She's brilliant. I wasn't trying to...get between you." She shrugged, feeling awkward. "You're a great guy, you know that right? She's lucky to have you."[break][break]
Nomi might not have romantic feelings for Isaac anymore, but her sentiments were sincere. He was one of the kindest people she'd ever met, but fierce too. Scrappy, unrelenting, determined. Loyal - perhaps to a fault. Caught between worlds, oscillating between the ideals of both League and Rocket. And yet, no matter what, he never gave up on the people he cared for: even when things got complicated. Especially when things got complicated.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

GRACEDIA (1/3)[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 3:45:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Hey, I'm many things. But smart's never been one of 'em. That's your job!" Isaac was all smiles and laughs as he joined right in with Nomi's teasing. " 'Sides, it's not like I've been on the lookout, y'know? I'm-"[break][break]

Well, he was happy, at least. Then the woman he was certain he'd face the world alongside decided to trade plants for plagues. Why did it even hurt so much? He was a member of Team Rocket. This was the norm around here. His best friend was a murderer who pried his eye out with a knife. His mentors were as bloodthirsty as they were emotionally constipated. He'd just gotten away from an encounter with a woman who had gone from friend to strange grudge-sowing entity.[break][break]

For fuck's sake, the girl he was so happy to be talking to was committing heinous human experiments! Y'know. If the magic omniscient phone game wasn't lying to him.[break][break]

And yet, she was as great of a girl as he was a guy. She was sweet and caring. She was without a doubt the smartest person he'd ever known. She was a dedicated friend, no matter how often her duties got in the way of her social life.[break][break]

Why did Rocket have to ruin everything!?[break][break]

Isaac bit down on his cheek and swallowed down his grudge. This wasn't the time. This wasn't the place. The pale white stone sitting in front of him was like an anchor. As he grabbed onto it, the sweet smell of the Gracedia flower eased him back down to Earth. One breath at a time. It was okay. Everything was okay.[break][break]

"You're not half bad yourself," Isaac teased, knowing damn well that Nomi would know the enormity behind his words. "And if she stole a heart like yours? Them this 's gotta be, too."[break][break]

He'd figure out all of his complicated thoughts later. But for now, there was a more pressing question he'd just found the answer to. If she could make someone this important to him this happy, then maybe Parker was the one who'd most earned his gratitude.[break][break]

Maybe, if he was lucky, the two of them would find a happy ending after all this.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 5:52:38 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRACIDEA QUEST

GRATITUDE AMONG FLOWERS

THE STONE ACCEPTS YOUR NAME(S). Suddenly, the wind billows around you, carrying with it, the softest spring scent. Petals are cradled in these gossamer gales. Colors swirl around, the displaced flowers like gentle jewels painted by nature's own brush.[break]

The GRACIDEA FLOWER is uprooted. Gently. It beckons for you to take it carefully within your hands. As soon as you do, a path of flowers erupts from the stone's northern face. It extends far and into the air. A magical bridge connects Hoenn to a fantastical place hidden by the power of canonized gratitude.

Follow the bridge. Quickly, before it disappears underneath your feet.

OBJECTIVE:

THE FLOWER PATH

write a post that has your trainer's pokemon using A SPEED STAT BOOSTING MOVE to help their trainer keep on the flowering path. after, post in MODERATION REQUESTS.

will respond with another MOD POST detailing what happens next alongside your next step.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,350 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 1:15:39 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

To Nomi's surprise, Isaac shifted off the log, then scratched 's name into the white stone before them. She knew Gracidea flowers were connected to feelings of affection and gratitude; Isaac choosing Parker for his was so...[break][break]
"Isaac, wait," Nomi murmured, feeling embarrassed all over again. First, because he'd said she wasn't half bad herself, which reminded her of his otome route, and how it had made her feel so...warm and sad all at once. And second, because he was jumping to conclusions before she could explain to him how, once again, she had doomed herself to unrequited love.[break][break]
"I don't think she feels the same way about me," Nomi said hastily. "She is indebted to me for saving her life recently. She spends time with me out of...obligation. I don't think she wants me like..." Nomi fumbled for the words. "...like that." Like a girlfriend or a lover. Her crimson eyes pleased with Isaac to understand. Like you want Cygne.[break][break]
But there had been moments, hadn't there? Traces of a spark between Nomi and Parker. A hungry, wolfish, needy grin. Cupcake.[break][break]
Before she could say anything else, however, the Gracidea flower abruptly uprooted itself from where it had been planted by the stone. It lifted into the air, floating silently, its pink petals waving back and forth as if beckoning them. Nomi glanced at Isaac, uncertain. Should one of them take it?[break][break]
Feeling bold, face flushed from their conversation, Nomi reached out and grasped the flower. As she did so, flowers erupted all around the two Rockets, like a Pokémon had just used SPRINGTIDE STORM nearby. A path appeared, leading into...the sky?[break][break]
"I think it wants us to go up," she breathed, too fascinated to remember to continue feeling embarrassed.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

GRACEDIA (1/3)[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 3:08:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You don't think." Isaac's voice was deadpan as he looked at Nomi, wondering if she was as dense as he was. "You're a scientist, right, Nomes? One of our best and brightest? Firm believer in trusting The Method? Never accepting a boundary til its been set and stone, and even then looking for the horizon behind it?"[break][break]

"And you're telling me you're settling for an answer off an 'I think?' "[break][break]

Ah, shit. She grabbed the flower, and now the sweet, sweet rainbow bridge had popped out of it to go who-in-the-fuck-even-knows-where. Okay. Sure. This wasn't even in the top ten strangest things to happen this month. It was, however, a sign that Isaac and Nomi couldn't keep loitering around in this forest forever.[break][break]

Quick as an instant, Isaac hopped in the air and tossed a Pokeball beneath his feet. Out from below, a Dragonite emerged, rising just in time to fill the space beneath Isaac. He settled onto its strong, supportive shoulders as it proudly surveyed the forest that had sprung to life around him. As the keeper of this grove, Zephyrus was very proud of how it had developed. "Hop on, and hold on tight!" Isaac said, extending a hand to Nomi as Zephyrus dipped its tail like an onboarding ramp.[break][break]

Once it was all charged up, and Nomi was secured, the Dragonite would take off at Extreme Speed. Oh dear.[break][break]

Clearly, this was the best time for having a serious, adult conversation. "Anyway," he shouted, trying his best to be heard over the incredibly loud wind that was currently rushing past them. Luckily, Isaac had some solid pipes on him. "I'm just saying! You're never gonna know until you ask, right?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]