183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
< psychedelic > [dw]
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 0:26:11 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
With a bounce in his step, the blonde knotted his shoes and kept his jog towards the start of the route. His Rotom Phone flew around to let him know he had a message. Once he opened it, he seemed pleased to know that the therapist he decided to seek out was happy to oblige with his request to join him. (Was happy the right term? All he knew was that Zain had said yes, so here they were!) With his newly acquired Aron, he figured this would be the perfect opportunity for the creature to get some battle experience in. As if for dramatic effect, Sven began to stretch so he'd be able to take on the terrain himself with ease. It wasn't long until he heard the sound of footsteps behind him, to which he turned around and raised a hand in a polite wave.

"Yo! Glad you could make it!"

He hadn't really gone to all of two sessions with Zain, as he felt he didn't really need the psychological breakdown of his own psyche. The only thing he was aware he suffered with was seasonal depression and that was about it. (If only he knew how wrong he was.) Though as he turned to see the route before them, he bent down and gave the Aron he had out a gentle pat on the head.

"Oh hey! So I figured I'd let you know I've been trying to get my name out there as far as applying to a full-time gig goes. I haven't gotten any calls back yet but I'm remaining optimistic."

Sven didn't really know why he felt the need to share his attempts to get involved with the science aspect of the League Commission, but it felt right. Maybe because the doctor wanted to see some progress rather than obstacles that held a patient back or something. Nonetheless, he figured it best to simply go ahead with their little trek.

"So without breaking the patient-doctor confidentiality, how's work and the like been going? Take the time to tell me about you, doc."

normal/psychic spawn

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

red

Zain
he/him
June 7
petalburg city
bisexual
psychologist
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
15 posts
Zain Osman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zain
Zain Osman
< psychedelic > [dw]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 19:59:19 GMT
Zain Osman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zot2"]
[attr="class","main"]

It was a bit surprising to have a client reach out and ask him to meet him out on the routes between cities. Typically, if someone paying for Zain's services wanted to speak to him outside of the clinic, they'd schedule a time to meet somewhere nearby his office, in case things needed to become more private. A coffee shop, a casual restaurant... it seemed was definitely a unique first.[break][break]

Not that he minded at all. After he had read the message, he laughed, responding that he would be more than happy to meet up with him. It was an off day any way, which meant he didn't have anything scheduled. Casual outings often gave him more insight to how someone truly behaved as well.[break][break]

"It's always good to keep your head up. Don't let a no get you down. There's hills and valleys in life. You'll pull through," Zain encouraged as he waved to him.[break][break]

"Though I'm pleased that you're putting yourself out there. Anywhere in particular you've applied that's been an interest to you so far?"[break][break]

Sven flipped the script to Zain. He was often asked in polite pleasantries how he was, but he never was asked quite about his life. One of his eyebrows lifted, though he chuckled in response.[break][break]

"You don't have to address me like that if we're here casually. Zain's perfectly fine. As far as work goes, I'd say things have been pretty smooth going as of late. Nothing I think I can complain about. However, what do you want to know about me?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
DW - route 116 (normal/psychic)

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.zot2] --accent: #7BB1B1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.zot2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.zot2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.zot2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
< psychedelic > [dw]
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 4:46:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CYCLIZAR APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REGENERATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BREAKING SWIPE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHED TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GIRAFARIG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAP SIPPER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ODOR SLEUTH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
this feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and i'm ready to fall into the sky
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
< psychedelic > [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 21:42:31 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
The way Zain spoke so carefully felt so charismatic. But that was normal with psychologists it seemed. They couldn't really break past a patient's barriers without any sort of charisma to their words and actions. Once the tables were turned back on him, Sven didn't even notice. Instead, he fed right into the doctor's ploy and spoke up with a bounce in his step as he lead them forward.

"Well y'see, I've always had an interest in calamities and trying to find a way to reverse them. The biggest thing I want to really look into is avatarship -- not for myself, but its effect on others. I submitted applications in a few places, and it seemed like Dr was really interested in my application! To say I'm flattered is an understatement, I'm hoping I can help her out though."

Before he could continue his little ramble, Sven felt the impact of a wild Cyclizar that rammed right into him. Flat on the ground, it took him a moment to get up and dust himself off. Normally most people would be upset, but he seemed somehow elated to have a pokemon that wanted to take him head on. He was quick to throw out his Cranidos and let the creature battle in his place.

"I kinda want to know what made you so willing to help people, Zain! I'm sure you've got plenty on your plate as is, but what drove you into the field of psychology?"

He watched the battle between his Cranidos and the Cyclizar unfold, and it wasn't long until his Cranidos wore out the dragon. Sven was quick to toss a pokeball in an attempt to snag the dragon.

normal/psychic spawn

close tab

played by

red

Zain
he/him
June 7
petalburg city
bisexual
psychologist
civilian
awards
15 posts
Zain Osman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zain
Zain Osman
< psychedelic > [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 2:35:49 GMT
Zain Osman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zot2"]
[attr="class","main"]

"That's a pretty big topic to get into. And I think highly of Dr. . I hope that it works out for you, Sven—"[break][break]

Though his words were cut off as the CYCLIZAR ran into him. Zain blinked wildly before running up.[break][break]

"Sven! Are you okay?" Though it appeared it didn't phase him.[break][break]

How... odd.[break][break]

"Well, I guess you could say I was always just interested in how the mind worked. I like to see how people think. My parents are both doctors, and they expected me to do the same. Little did they know... I chose a different path."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
DW - normal/psyhic (route 116)[break]
- skip!

[newclass=.zot2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.zot2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.zot2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.zot2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.zot2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
< psychedelic > [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 21:52:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RATTATA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GUTS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FOCUS ENERGY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYPER FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAIL WHIP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GALLADE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHARPNESS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYCHO CUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY CUTTER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE CYCLIZAR!
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
< psychedelic > [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 1:48:55 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
With the Cyclizar caught, Sven rushed to pick up the ball. He seemed utterly chuffed with his catch and placed the ball into his pouch. It wasn't long until he turned back to Zain and gave a nod in understanding. He supposed he got where the psychologist was coming from. It was important to branch off and become your own person. But there was always that hope that parents had to live vicariously through their children -- thankfully Sven didn't have any of that to deal with. Most of his own anxieties stemmed from separation.

"Do they know now?" he asked. "Y'know, that you became a psychologist?"

An innocent question to offer. It was hard to determine what his parents thought of it. Psychology was often written off in the matter that older generations insisted that younger generations just had to 'get over it.' Whatever 'it' was. But there were some issues out there that needed unraveled with the help of another. His foot bumps the Rattata that lept out, and he flashed the rat a look of apology before he dug through his bag for some granola to share with it. He didn't have any need for a Rattata so he figured he'd pass this go-around.

skipping

close tab

played by

red

Zain
he/him
June 7
petalburg city
bisexual
psychologist
civilian
awards
15 posts
Zain Osman DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zain
Zain Osman
< psychedelic > [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 15:20:26 GMT
Zain Osman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zot2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Zain only moved on when made it known that he was okay. He breathed a sigh of relief, carrying on the conversation almost as if nothing happened.[break][break]

"Oh, absolutely. They know, and they hated it. They don't think that it's a practical field or that it's medicine. Of course, I don't prescribe medicine, so I get where they see that point," he said with a laugh.[break][break]

His attention momentarily focused on the GALLADE standing at attention nearby, using his Pokemon to send a PSYBEAM to attack. His Poke ball was thrown while it was distracted.[break][break]

"However, therapy is medicine. That's my belief. I believe that if you don't let out your emotions, you'll be ruined by them. And there's fact to it too," he said solemnly.[break][break]

The truth of the matter was Zain had seen it too many times. Too many patients, ready to give up, on their last string, coming to him. And he could've perhaps helped them get better sooner.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
catching GALLADE

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
< psychedelic > [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 23:29:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BALTOY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HARDEN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MALAMAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CONTRARY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLUCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TOPSY TURVY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYBEAM

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE GALLADE!

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
< psychedelic > [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 22:20:36 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
He nodded in firm understanding. While he'd decided to give the whole therapy thing a whirl, he did find speaking more frankly of his own anxieties helped ease them just a bit. Sure, thoughts still lingered but it's not like they consumed him. And he had Zain to thank for that despite the fact that it was technically part of his job. Gratitude was gratitude nonetheless. He flashed a quick thumbs up when the blonde managed to snag the Gallade -- as much as he would have loved to add it to his team, he felt it suited Zain a lot more. Though before he could make any sort of comment, a Baltoy began to spin its way towards Sven. While his Cranidos readied itself to charge at the spinning psychic type, Sven motioned for it to wait.

Although the Baltoy looked at him curiously while it kept itself balanced with a sway to and fro, Sven motioned for it to go ahead and make its way through. The wild pokemon took the offer and continued on its merry way.

"But there are times pill-based medicines are described to some patients. Do you think that takes away from therapy? Or helps further?"

Sure, he knew that Zain didn't have the authority to prescribe medicines, but perhaps his insight could help Sven down his own path. While he was able to keep his own anxiety at bay, it wouldn't hurt finding something that would take the edge off a bit. So rather than do two things that counteracted one another, he figured it better to ask.

"I know it's hard to accept that you might need help, but I want to keep my options open. I guess I want to try to get better for my sake and the sake of those around me."

He flashed an uneasy smile at first, but slowly warmed into it. It felt like a relief to get those words out.

skipping