she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
Doing some Shopping [S/O]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 5:45:40 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]DREAM BIG AND LIVE YOUR STORY

[attr="class","setting"]

Today Opal had decided to make her way to the mall. Hercules, the machoke, and Eos, the Kirlia, accompanying her. The machoke walked behind her ready to push her if her arms grew tired while Eos sat on her lap using telepathy to help guide her. It was hard work wheeling herself around but she’d mostly brought Hercules so he could help carry bags when she got to purchasing so stuff.
[break][break]
She had no plans to purchase anything outside of art supplies though. She was running low and needed some more supplies. She hadn’t brought the fact up to her sister though. Wanting to do something by herself for once she had decided to use money that she’d made from selling some of her paintings to buy the ingredients.
[break][break]
Perhaps it was an attempt to lift some of the burden off the shoulders of her sister. She knew her sister struggled with having to take care of both of them. So she wanted to help shoulder some of that burden and show her sister that she was starting to come into herself. That her sister didn’t have to worry as much about her, though of course she would always need her sister in one way of another.
[break][break]
A slight tingling in her mind that signified Eos reaching out to her with telepathy allowed her to realize they had reached their destination. Thanking the Kirlia she wheeled herself inside the art supplies store Hercules following after her. Now just to find what she needed.

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#C29BC0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/SNv55PbX/IMG-1672.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
there's a pretty big twist at the end. i doubt you'll like it.
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 1:00:37 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 But today, there was a going-out-of-business sale.

It was a worldly irony that the humble mall-front art supply store experienced its greatest surge in customers on the day of its dying breath. As soon as Opal wheeled herself in, she’d be in danger of running over someone’s foot: a hurried boy, barely twenty and carrying as many oil paints and dry pigments as could fit in his arms.

The rest of the store was no better. Aisles were filled with despotic and desperate artists, and the few workers struggled to keep order.

Closest to the door, two women fought over a highly-acclaimed paintbrush. In the midst of a grab it would be flung into the air, hurtling towards Opal and her two companions like a thrown blade.

Could her pokemon have saved her? Probably. But Yujin caught it, just in case.

“Hello darling.” Materializing a foot away, she’d twirl the tool so that the handle pointed to the girl. “This brush seems to like you, do you want it?”

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 17:41:11 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg6"]

[attr="class","setting"]

It was busy but with Eos help she was able to navigate her way around the store without running someone down. Though Hercules seemed to move a bit closer ready to keep anyone who may want to cause something with his trainer away. Most people wouldn’t want to mess with someone that had a machamp on their side.
[break][break]
She needed paint as well as brushes. Some of hers had been broken recently. Though she wasn’t real sure how it happened. She focused on getting some paint with Eos helping. While Opal and Eos dealt with paint Hercules kept an eye on their surroundings. Ready to protect his training from anything.
[break][break]
Before the machamp could block a flying paint brush from hitting his trainer a woman deftly caught it. Since it seemed the danger had passed Hercules relaxed a bit. He still kept an eye on the woman though. His trainer was trusting. A little too trusting at times. So it was up to him and Eos to make sure her trusting nature wouldn’t be taken advantage of.
[break][break]
If the woman wasn’t so close Opal wouldn’t have been able to hear the woman over all the other noise despite her more sensitive hearing. Thankfully it wasn’t loud to the point of giving her sensory overload. Upon the woman speaking to her she turned her head towards the older woman.
[break][break]
”Hello,” she greeted voice warm. As she talked about a paint brush she nodded though a bit confused about the liking her part of the comment. ”I’m not sure what you mean about the paint brush liking me. But since I need some paint brushes I wouldn’t mind adding it to the stuff I’m going to buy.”[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg6]position:relative; --accent:#C29BC0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/SNv55PbX/IMG-1672.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg6 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 14:22:06 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 Yujin merely took in the girl’s appearance for a moment. The wheelchair, the pusher, the psychic, and the lack of eye motion.

“Ah, it just rolled towards you, that’s all.” Perhaps there was no need to describe the wheedling of the object straight towards her face.

After glancing at the portly machamp, the older woman would gingerly set the paintbrush in Opal’s hands. Then, she’d straighten up to examine the rest of the sardine-packed store.

“...It’s a bit busy. Why don’t I help you get the rest of what you need?”

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2023 14:28:21 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Hearing her response she nodded. The thought she might not be telling the truth didn’t cross her mind. To her the paint brush rolling towards her made sense. After all there was a lot chaos going on. Made her wonder why so many people had decided to use today to go to the art store.
[break][break]
She felt the paint brush placed in her hands and thanked the woman. While Opal interacted with the woman Eos kept an eye on what was going on between her trainer and the woman. Both Pokémon knew how trusting their trainer could be. So both felt the need to keep an eye on everything that was going on.
[break][break]
”That would be great. I wasn’t expecting it to be so packed when I decided to come here,” she admitted before continuing. ”Anyway if we’re going to be shopping together we should at least introduce ourselves. My names Opal Garcia and these two are Hercules and Eos,” she said gesturing first to the machamp then the kirlia.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg6]position:relative; --accent:#C29BC0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/SNv55PbX/IMG-1672.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 22:29:02 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 ”Nice to meet you, Ms. Garcia. I’m Yujin Ha.”

Though blind, Opal would still be able to recognize the lower, confident timbre of Yujin’s voice that marked her as an older adult. But age has never really stopped the honorifics, it just gave them different degrees of playfulness.

“Ah… the store appears to be going out of business. That’s the reason for the big sale right now.”

She ignored the two pokemon eyeballing her, and instead watched the chaos of the masses. Half the shelves had been appropriated into people’s overflowing baskets, and the other half was in imminent danger.

“Here, let’s try and find what you need quickly.”

She’d motion for the girl and her machamp, at least, to propel themselves forward.

“I hope you don’t mind, but are you truly unable to see? You must hear this a lot, yet how do you... do art?”

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 16:07:04 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

From what she could tell from the sound of her voice she was older than her. So it was weird to be addressed in such a way. Though she had heard that some teachers addressed their students in such a way. Was she a teacher or something? She supposed it didn’t really matter if she was or wasn’t. Besides she should really focus on the shopping.
[break][break]
”Nice to meet you as well Ms. Ha,” she said before deciding to move on with the topic. The fact the store was going out of business was a surprise. This was the one she usually came to to get her supplies. Maybe there was another art store in the mall. To be honest when she had first come to the mall this was the first art supply store she had rolled into. And she hadn’t checked out to see what other kind of stores the mall had to offer after that.
[break][break]
Perhaps after she was done here she could check out what other stores the mall had to offer. ”That’s unfortunate, I wonder why,” she said as she thought of reasons why the store might not be doing well. Was the store dealing with some competition?
[break][break]
The older woman’s voice would pull her out of her thoughts causing her to nod. Yes that was probably best. She was fine now but the noise level would probably end up getting to her if she wasn’t quick about getting what she needed.
[break][break]
Hercules would start to push her and it was not long after they had started moving that Yujin would ask about her artwork. The question didn’t really surprise. Though it had always surprised her that more people didn’t ask.
[break][break]
”I taught myself how to draw by using braille as an outline. I was born blind so I was learning how to read and write braille from a young age. It was then that I had the idea of using braille to teach myself how to draw. So I would just have people describe what things looked like and would use braille as an outline while I drew what they had told me,” she explained.[break]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 4:41:29 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

She didn’t get it.[break][break]

Yujin knew sign language to a degree, as well as a few crucial languages and their dialects—but never braille. A constellation of bumps that somehow turns into a tapestry was a strange thought; were all pieces by this artist simply an interpretation of the world from the gaps between nodules?[break][break]

She scratched at her head in consternation. Art and philosophy was really not her thing! Maybe she’d ask Callan.[break][break]

“I’m more curious than ever as to what you create,” she admitted as they strolled through the chaos. Sane people avoided the machomp. The less sane ones were casually pushed to the side by Yujin, with just enough deniability as to not seem aggressive.[break][break]

“You’re not actually famous, are you? I won’t see your things in a museum somewhere?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 19:34:15 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"I could show you a bit of my work at some point. I didn't think to bring anything with me, but if we were to meet up again, I could bring my sketchbook," she offered the older woman. While it was true she would also paint, toting around an easel was impractical. The best thing she could offer was to let her see her sketchbook, which was light and easy to carry.
[break][break]
Yujin wasn't the first to be curious about her work, and she probably wouldn't be the last. So allowing someone to look through her sketchbook didn't faze her. It also helped that she did want to show the world her artwork, to show the world that her lack of eyesight hadn't held her back from making something beautiful. That all of her hard work had paid off.
[break][break]
Upon hearing her comment, she shook her head. "No, but I do hope to get there one day. Just think of the talk it would cause, that a blind person could make works of art," she said with a small smile. For her, it wasn't about the fame, though; she just wanted people to be able to see her art.
[break][break]
She liked doing something that was only reserved for someone who could. However, she wasn't the only one striving to do that. "People exceeding expectations isn't too uncommon, though. I've heard there's a chef in Lilycove who's blind, and most wouldn't think someone who can't see can cook," she pointed out, frowning as she tried to remember what his name had been.[break]