awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
turtle turtle
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 6:43:34 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
saskia really doesn't think much about spreading the lotion around on her new pal's back. except she is thinking a lot about it. the last thing she wants is to miss a spot and get mari sunburnt. that's not the best way to start a friendship. 

when she's done with mari's back, she slaps some on herself and vigorously wipes her hands down on her ranger jacket to get most of it off so she can hold the stationary without ruining it. 

"oh my gosh, i think we got the same water-type eraser caps. they're so cuuuuute," she drawls and taps the top-heavy pencil against her chin. 

she plops down on her ass right into the sand, their watery plunge completely forgotten in the face of her new tools. when she looks up from the cute pidove paper, she beams. 

"he's a prickly old man, but all the old men in my family are prickly. and under that he's a big ol' softie. no one makes hot cocoa that good without being a softie. what about your grandparents?"
close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
turtle turtle
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 9:14:22 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritop"]
[attr="class","mari"]

mari on the other hand couldn't not think about someone rubbing sunscreen on her back. she was - for all means and purposes - had been raised as an only child who had never known the closeness and comfort of someone like that.

[break][break] even her and had never —

[break][break] "r-really?" she squeaks as saskia gushes over the water-type eraser caps. they were cute, weren't they? "y-yeah i bought a new set like, a week ago. did you know they're coming out with an eevee set?"

[break][break] mari is a little dazed as she watches the other girl plop down onto the sand beside her, water plunge all but forgotten. but mari doesn't mind, not really. she just is happy to have some company.

[break][break] prickly and soft? what is that even like?

[break][break] she clears her throat.

[break][break] "my nana's kind of like that. she's really serious - she has to be, because of who she is - but she's also really kind sometimes too. she didn't have to take me in when - " mari cuts herself off suddenly, rapidly changing topics. "um, anyway, she can be kind of scary but i think one-on-one she's not that bad."

[break][break] "i've never known my grandpa. he passed when i was really young, before i started living with my nana."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
heroes on a half-shell

[newclass=".mari"]--accent:#d7d0f2; } .mari { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .mari b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .mari .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#d7d0f2;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
turtle turtle
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 19:19:52 GMT
"what!! no!!" she squeals. aw, she could get one just like morena. it also makes a whole lot of sense that mari would be excited for them too, given her partner sylveon and glaceon. "eevees really are the best," she says with a dramatic sigh as she tucks up her knees and starts scribbling.

one sentence in and she gets distracted by mari answering her question. 

"i never met my baba either. or my mom's grandparents. but your nana sounds nice." she tilts her head, contemplating mari's cut-off sentence. "we're lucky we got a family that looks out for us. i've met plenty of rangers who don't have that, y'know? i can't even imagine that."
close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
turtle turtle
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 2:43:49 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritop"]
[attr="class","mari"]

her cheeks warmed.

[break][break] "i could send you the link later," she mumbled. "if you like."

[break][break] cute stationary was one of her favorite things, especially since nana required that she write to her every so often to update her on her progress in hoenn.

[break][break] "yeah?" mari said, tilting her head. she tries to imagine what 's family must be like. they must be at least half as nice as her, which is a comforting thought.

[break][break] her fingers needle together on her lap.

[break][break] "i miss my family," she confesses. "i'm alone in hoenn. nana was nice enough to help me with a job here, and it's been great! but..." she shakes her head. "anyways, it must be really nice to have your family here."

[break][break] "a-and the rangers too!" she squeaks. "what are they like?"

[break]

heroes on a half-shell

[newclass=".mari"]--accent:#d7d0f2; } .mari { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .mari b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .mari .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#d7d0f2;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
turtle turtle
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 23:53:46 GMT
"oh, yes, please. that'd be so great," she says with an excited bob of her head. without thinking, she scribbles her number on the bottom of the page and goes to tear it. then her brain catches up with her and she thinks, duh, she's right here. i can just give her my phone. 

so she erases that away (goodbye, piplup's left flipper :sob:) and reaches back in her crumpled jacket for her phone. 

"oh, well, you can come over anytime! my fam loves having people over. so you don't have to be alone. heck, sven goes over there sometimes when i'm not even home 'cause my papa's cooking is so stupid good. here, put your number in." 

she doesn't have her phone password protected so the home screen opens right up to her cheesing it up with kirin, her wyrdeer. 

"and the rangers are great! we do so much good work. the hours can be long sometimes, but i'd take it over a stuffy office job any day, y'know?"
close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
turtle turtle
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 0:07:37 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritop"]
[attr="class","mari"]

lavender eyes are drawn to the swirling scrawl of the girl next to her, watching it vanish beneath the eraser's edge almost as soon as it appears. even so, she can't help but think:

[break][break] 'her handwriting is cute.'

[break][break] her cheeks flush at the prospect of hanging out with sasky's family, her thoughts going into hyperspeed.

[break][break] 'wait! meet your family - isn't that going a little - '

[break][break] she blinks.

[break][break] "sven?"

[break][break] but before she can let those thoughts get ahead of her, sasky is continuing on, bubbly and infectious as ever.

[break][break] "oh, that's nice. i imagine it's fun to get out there." she swallows, curiosity beckoning her. "isn't it dangerous though?"

[break]

heroes on a half-shell

[newclass=".mari"]--accent:#d7d0f2; } .mari { font-size:12px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .mari b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .mari .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights