TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 15:55:47 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]

[attr="class","mempmain"]

every grave on their little lists is cleaned and memphis gives her a warm smile without a single complaint. he enjoyed learning with her, hanging out, being by her side. she's a good friend and he's determined as much just in the time they spent together honoring the dead.[break][break]

by the time they get to the last one, and finish, he's standing beside it with her getting her contact information; one thing led to another and they're exchanging numbers. as platonic friends in his mind, anyway.[break][break]

"i'm new to social media so nothing is really ... uh, it all looks like scammer accounts i mean. my parents didn't allow me to have it before, but now that i'm on my own i can have them."[break][break]

because apparently social media's arceus' crutch or something; he's learning they were just controlling. it's a harsh reality that he's not entirely sure how to deal with other than accept it with a smile and simply vow never to do the same with people around him.

[attr="class","memppoke"]

[newclass=.memp]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memp div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mempmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memptag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memp b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memppoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
181 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 18:37:16 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
every grave on their list is cleaned and there's satisfaction in completing the task, but saskia could honestly care less about that. she's so pleasantly surprised to have found such nice company. memphis also seems super content to slap the friendship label on their newfound comradery and she's buzzing with excitement over that. 

and they're on their way to a new adventure!

"aw, but you took all these pics yourself?" she says, scrolling through cute landscape shots. memphis is missing out of most of them and she immediately seeks to remedy that. she finishes following herself from his account and then pulls up his camera, flipping it to selfie mode, and then grabs him by the shoulder. 

"say cheeeeeese," she says and grins widely, smushing their cheeks together. 

quick to flit from one thing to the next, she tosses him his phone back and bounces forward. "okay, so where's this cool cave or whatever you were telling me about?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
reach the stars, fly a fantasy
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 20:56:32 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

the picture she decides to take of them isn't expected but is welcomed. he's happy she wants to document their time together and even better, it's on his phone. so he can set it as his contact icon for her. he loves doing that.[break][break]

"oh!" the place! he bounces a little on the spot and gives a small chuckle. "so, it's basically like, i don't know. it looks to me, oh, it's this way."[break][break]

he's so excited his brain's all over the place. he starts off though, making his way around to a crypt.[break][break]

"cave's a strong word, but there's definitely a stairway that leads down. i don't know if it's a dead end or not. i haven't been able to contact anybody and see if i'm allowed to go in and if i am, if i can go down and take a look around."

[newclass=.memp]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memp div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mempmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memptag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memp b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memppoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
181 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 22:52:19 GMT
cave? no, crypt. she stares forlornly down at the stone stairs, feeling the hair on the back of her neck raise. the little adventurer wilts, just a little, because she would never, ever admit that she'd let something as silly as fear stop her from exploring. 

"oh, well, better to ask forgiveness than permission, i think," she says and puts on her brave face. oleg looks up at her and then back down at the stairs, and then back up at her, and then back down, and then all at once he gives a whirr that sounds like breeee-wooo-dooo-dooo and he runs down the steps, leaving a balking saskia behind. 

"oleg, waitcomebackitcouldbedangerous," she bleats in a rush and starts chasing after him. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 12:24:27 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

at first, memphis doesn't notice their not right on his tail. he doesn't notice saskia's fear. he doesn't notice anything; not until oleg makes a noise that could rival the sound of his father's nails against a chalkboard.[break][break]

wide brown eyes watch as oleg's manic and rushing forward. saskia follows not far behind and it makes memphis tense a bit, brows furrowing curiously.[break][break]

"hey wait!" right along with saskia and oleg, memphis rushes right into the crypt as well. several things pass him by, but he doesn't notice them. they're likely murals of some form or decoration.[break][break]

one in particular stops him, causing him to slide to a stop. it's a mural of people and their pokémon. he assumes it is whoever was buried here and their pokémon.[break][break]

"saskia, look at this!"

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
181 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 14:51:58 GMT
underfoot isn't exactly treacherous but it's damn well close. oleg is barely touching the ground, but that's not fair. he has the advantage of being able to teleport if he starts to fall. meanwhile sasky has to make sure she doesn't trip and fall head over heels down the stone steps. 

memphis calls out behind her and, exasperated, she calls for oleg one more time. one threat of not giving him a treat for a week has him teleporting instantly next to her. he looks up at her, beeps angrily, and then kicks a rock. 

"oh, hush. it could be dangerous! i'm just looking out for you." he beeps again. "do not use that tone with me."

but with that settled and the pokemon successfully wrangled, she lopes the flight back up to memphis. her jaw drops and she reaches out to touch the worn mural. 

"aww, are those hisuaian arcanine?" she says, squinting. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 15:17:52 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

the argument between trainer and owner is pretty well ignored in light of the discovery. he's a nerd.[break][break]

"y'know... i think they might be, yeah."[break][break]

he leans closer and pulls out his pokédex. he doesn't personally have one, nor has he been close to one to know the difference. to try and decipher if it is or not, he pulls up his phone and starts to search for murals that contain hisuian arcanines.[break][break]

"yeah, looks like it. i don't think these are the same murals though, but that's definitely it. could be the same artist hired back then."[break][break]

that was strangely common. murals of a certain age looking the same because of a popular artist going around and inspiring everybody to have that art style as it was highly sought after.

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
181 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 19:28:22 GMT
she has very little concept of personal space so she peeks curiously over his shoulder to look at his pokedex. her eyes flicker to and from the mural, comparing both, and she decides that yes, it must be a hisuaian arcanine and also now she wants a hisuaian arcanine. they're not as fluffy as the ones native to this region, but gosh if they're not cute

"do you know a lot about stuff like that? art and things?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 13:28:01 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

the invasion of personal space doesn't bother him. he doesn't mind she's looking over his shoulder. personal space has never been something he was afraid of sharing. as he always assumes the best of people.[break][break]

like a dumb boy.[break][break]

"i work at the national museum of natural history back in slateport as an archivist for Mr. ." he begins to explain, and if he's said that already then just ignore the first part cause i'm too lazy to read back.[break][break]

"i basically just do a lot of reading, organizing, and categorizing. sometimes i get to put up displays and things. which is why i recognized the art of the mural."[break][break]

he smiled her way before pocketing his phone, only now realizing just how close she was; he still didn't mind, they were just talking and in a deep dark crypt together. no big deal.[break][break]

"i don't know about a lot of stuff. i feel like mr. gideon knows a lot of stuff about this, but i'm getting there."

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
181 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 19:19:45 GMT
reading, organizing, and categorizing. three things that sound so very boring to saskia. she had been a nearly straight-a student in school, but that had been so much work on her part. she'd always been envious of those who just kind of got school. it never clicked for her like that. 

and focusing on reading a textbook? well, she's just happy she's graduated and made it to being a ranger. 

"that's so cool that you just kinda know stuff though. and can recognize things like this." it would have been just another painting to saskia. heck, there's a chance she wouldn't have even noticed it. (but she could at least blame oleg for that.)

"well, you know a lot more than me and probably a lot more than other people." she shrugs and then points down the stairs. oleg beeps excitedly. "think there will be a mummy down there?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 17:57:49 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

the idea of a mummy causes memphis' spine to tighten. his shoulders become tense and he tries to think through several ways he can accept the notion of a mummy. maybe if it's a yamask or seven, yeah.[break][break]

but an actual mummy? he'd be both fascinated and feel a little ashamed, defacing a tomb with a body in it; without the correct tools to take the mummy back to the museum, of course.[break][break]

"i mean, it'd be a big discovery. maybe. hopefully?"[break][break]

nerves show in his tone as he lets out a soft laugh, though a tinge of fear of the unknown tickles at the edges of it.

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
181 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
tomb, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 22:09:34 GMT
a big discovery? that she can get behind. 

"i can see it now in the papers! two unlikely friends uncover remains of long-lost queen, risen from the dead after performed satanic ritual." oleg beeps, but this time it's a low sequence of mysterious and horrifying sounds.

saskia chuckles and says, "thanks for the ambiance, o."

he continues to creak and hum as she creeps down the stairs. they reach the bottom and it's just an empty doorway. no ornate wood or stone or anything. nerves tingling, she pokes her head in through the door, using her phone as a flashlight, and frowns. 

"aw. just more pictures."