part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 20:52:05 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 In the wake of the Ultra Deep Sea there are many lessons to be learned. Being chained to the lab secondary to her injuries gave her quite a bit of time to think about it all. The more she dwelled on their failures, the deeper she sank into paranoia. A single night of war nearly killed her. In Kanto, she survived years without nearly as many injuries. There was only one thing she kept coming back to: Training. Not just for her pokemon, but herself.

Eva;s tenure as Head Professor has certainly dumped a lot on her plate. She no longer found herself in the field as much which was really a pity. However, sacrifices must be made for the greater good, and her desires needed to be placed on the back burner. Despite her station, she would be called again to battle - that was inevitable. A certain expectation was thrust upon her when she accepted Rayquaza’s gifts. She became so much more than just a professor or a healer. She was a protector, a guardian, a symbol of hope. To see that symbol bruised and beaten inspired anything but hope.

With the ‘all clear’ from her doctor, she vowed to take her training more seriously. She needed to shake off the rust and teach herself, once again, how to protect herself and others. The League training room is empty today and she breathes out a sigh of relief when she shows up.

“At least you’ll be the only one to see me look like a fool,” she smiles back at the Gallade behind her. Witha sheepish grin, he moves forward to toss her a . . . sword?

Eva barely catches it and the tip bounces back against the padded ground, “Seriously? I don’t even know how to use this thing,” she frowns back at the gallade who extends his blades into a PSYCHO CUT, ready to spar. A light laugh echoes off the empty walls. At least she’d have fun trying.

She does everything wrong, and she looks like a fool, but she wears a smile the whole time.

@open
MISSION: INTREPID SWORD

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 1:34:15 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Pointy End

What are you doing, ?

"Dear me, just what exactly am I looking at?"

A large blonde man marched through HQ's training grounds, his words (and laughter) echoing within the empty installations.

A wide smile was stretched over his face, shoulders still quaking from barely swallowed laughs as he unclasped his coat and threw it aside.

"As I live and breathe. If it isn't the good doctor herself! And what's this? No lab coat in sight? Perhaps I should take a picture." He said as he marched closer to the two, smiling at the doctor, then at Blade as he stopped. "Good morning, Eva. Blade."

Sir Gwyar Wledig had arrived. He was leaning on a sheathed longsword, his weight rested atop the pommel. It was dissimilar from the one he carried when they first met— looked much simpler.

He hadn't had any epiphanies or undergone any radical changes in perspective in the past month— he was just there to warm up before his session with .

Finding Doctor Eva Morales playing with a sword was a surprise. A very pleasant one, though. Made for a surprisingly appealing sight!

Slightly tempered by the new scars and healing bruises.

"I'm somewhat hurt, doctor! If you were interested in learning, you could have just asked years ago." He said, breaking his poise for once and snickering.

, , Kyle, , several unnamed NPCs back in Verdanturf...

Swordsmanship had become rather popular all of a sudden. At a good time, too— even his own swordsmanship training was taking off, after nearly 10 years of stagnation.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 5:00:08 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 A hearty laugh and familiar voice stopped the professor mid-swing. The weight and momentum of the sword nearly spun her clear around when she perked up to look over at Gwyar. She maintained her balance with a small hop. The pointy end of the training sword caught itself on the ground and made for a nice little prop.

Eva’s bright smile curled up into a grin, her eyes sparkling with a playfulness that rivaled his teasing, “Well, well, if it isn’t Hoenn’s favorite knight,” her head tilted slightly, her gaze flashing up and down in a full assessment. The smile grew a little wider, appreciative, “No lab coat yet . . . but it's still early,” she’d make her way down there eventually.

Under the scrutiny of his gaze, she felt herself grow a little uncomfortable. Of all the people that could have caught her looking like a fool, it just had to be him; a real knight with real training. Her cheeks flushed red from either embarrassment or exertion - difficult to tell.

“Well, I can’t say I’m particularly interested,” she admitted, wiggling the pommel of the sword in her palm, “It was just kinda lying around so . . . I picked it up,” her voice trails off to let assumptions fill in the rest of the story. She obviously didn’t have any training aside from what she’s seen in movies, “I’m more than willing to learn the basics if you have a few extra minutes,” she sounded hopeful, taking a few steps back to invite him into the little sparring circle.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 17:03:00 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Pointy End

What are you doing, ?

"The one and only." He smiled, folding an arm over his chest before bowing theatrically, his lips pursing as she relayed him with the horrible news.

"Truly? Lamentable. Here I hoped I might have caught the elusive Head Professor in the most rare of occasions: a day off."

More elusive than cryptids for those living and working in Hoenn.

He dearly hoped his gaze hadn't made her too self-conscious before. He had gotten into the habit of studying all manner of swordsmanship— specially from novices.

"Ah, no?" He said, a wry grin stretching his lips as brows knit together into a faux grimace. "You are breaking my heart here, milady. I thought you might have caught the same bug that has gotten everyone else."

But of course she hadn't— not yet. The bug was him after all.

"Hmm, I dunno..." He said, vocabulary much laxer than usual as he pouted his lips in thought, sauntering around the sparring circle with slow, exaggerated steps. "I'm something of a big deal instructor these days. Very exclusive."

A moment of brief silence was a allowed— before he chuckled.

"I suppose if it is for the Eva Morales though..." He said, spinning on his heel mid step to enter the circle, coming to a stop before the blonde. "I've always got time."

He smiled brightly, holding out his hand.

"So! With that settled, Eva— May I see your sword for a moment?" He asked, making a 'gimme' gesture, before pausing and holding out his own with a wry, self-amused look on his face. "You can have mine in the meanwhile if you want."

Should she accept this most earnest trade, she would find his sword to be very light despite its apparent size, with a great deal of its weight located near the handle, allowing for swifter maneuvering... should she care for and/or notice such things.

Gwyar certainly did, staring at the sword she was holding with some curiosity.

It was just there? Who left it there?

Better not have been one of his students, or he would beat them over the head with it.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 4:12:34 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Of course, Eva laughed, “There’s far too much work to do to take a day off. I don’t know what I’d do anyway,” days off used to be easy to plan, but now they just felt lonely. Too much time alone in her own head wouldn’t do her any good. Work, training, and preparing for the next apocalypse kept her quite busy.

“Sorry,” she shrugged, glancing down at the sword once more, “I just don’t see when it would come in handy,” especially in the hands of a movie. Time was a precious thing, and she needed to be focused on perfecting what she was already good at, not developing new hobbies.

It certainly was a hobby many had started to pick up. Her brows shot up in playful surprise, “Wooowww, didn’t know I was in such esteemed company,” her gaze followed him as he circled, growing a bit more mischievous as he pulled in closer, “Lucky me then.”

Eva gladly gave up the sword to Gwyar. It was a heavy thing, blunt for training. The weight was too much for the petite professor and it showed in her sluggish movements. Being quite naive to the whole affair and blindly struck with curiosity at the shiny new toy, she didn’t notice the subtle nuances of Gwyar’s sword that made it a perfect fit. When compared to the oppressive hunk of metal she just gave up, all she knew is that it felt . . . right. Fine craftsmanship. A gentleman in comparison to a brute.

“Yours is much nicer than that one.”

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 2:19:23 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Pointy End

What are you doing, ?

"I don't know. You... tend towards recklessness on the field, Eva." He said, slowly rotating his wrist whilst holding the sword, before turning his gaze towards her. "A weapon wouldn't hurt."

He kept his expression relatively blank, not letting much emotion slip in into his words even as his gaze inevitably made the trip over her new bruises and scars.

They once had a conversation about her safety, after she had somehow survived a trip down Mt. Pyre's fast route.

It had gone nowhere.

Trying to keep her off the field accomplished nothing. The best he could hope was to push her towards furthering her personal training.

His gaze drifted back to the sword in his hand as she commented on his own piece.

"Ah, thank you. Would you believe me if I said I actually crafted that one myself?" He asked, a small smile returning to his lips. His meeting was certainly lucky. "I have taken to the art in recent months. Helps me clear my head— things in Sootopolis get too stressful at times."

Finally, the man swung the sword in his hand once.

"This is a sword meant for training— muscle, stamina and form." He finally said, flipping it in his grip and holding it out to the doctor. "It's heavy, but the balance point is good enough. It should do some good— your muscles have deteriorated after all."

He had gotten a good look at them up close, back in her prime. He could tell.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 20:03:54 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Recklessness? Her face twisted into a frown, obviously unhappy with the observation however true it may be. The proof is etched into her skin in the erratic pattern of scars that lines her arms and back. That rat DelarrrRRrrrRRossa’s thorny vines got the best of her yet again. Thank Arceus he couldn’t see the bullet wound in her thigh.

“I’m not that reckless,” she quietly huffed. Her grip tightened around the hilt of the sword, “I’m just a . . . bigger target now,” which was painfully clear during the confrontation in Ultra Deep Sea. She incurred more wounds in one night than she did in the entirety of the Kanto War, “Plus, I’ve got this now.”

Her hand unfolded with her palm up. She had been practicing, and it showed. A concentrated sphere of winds tumbled within her pal. In an act of showmanship, she gently blew the small vortex toward Gwyar. It would strike him as a gentle breeze strong enough to tousle his blonde locks and carry with it the faint scent of her eucalyptus shampoo.

“You made it yourself?” that did surprise her. Well, it impressed her more than surprised her. Her gaze flicked back down to the sword in her hand, regarding it with a renewed sense of reverence, “Hm,” she nodded in approval, refraining from letting her thoughts drift too far down the path of picturing Gwyar in a hot forge hammering metal.

Eva trades swords again, letting Gwyar have his back and taking the heavier one back from his grip. Her eyes gently rolled, “Wow, you really know how to compliment a woman,” her tone dripped in sarcasm while she took a few steps back. She held the sword up and dipped down into a stance that imitated what she saw in movies, “Alright, well, Sir Wledig, what do I do with it now?”

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 17:15:31 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Pointy End

What are you doing, ?

"If it is any consolation—." He began wryly, closing a single lid as a gale was blown at his face, his bangs waving over his eyes. "You are no less charming for it."

Rubbing his bangs out of his eyes, the man hummed, ignoring the brief wave of nostalgia at the vaguely familiar fragrance.

"I had forgotten you joined the vaunted ranks of Hoenn's demigods." He said, turning his gaze over to his blade as he raised it eye level. "Swordsmanship must seem rather quaint by comparison."

He appreciated the polite interest, if nothing else. hadn't been nearly as thoughtful when the blonde first broached the subject.

"But yes— let's begin." He said, before bringing his sheated sword up to bump and prod at Eva's limbs. "First of all— your stance."

Gwyar was a strict instructor. He had gathered and built up his experience over the past year, using the time he spent teaching his daughters the sword years ago as a solid foundation.

His time in Hoenn had made him a more flexible, adaptable teacher. He knew Eva's temperament— to a point— so he made sure to never push beyond her limits as he went about teaching her the 4 Basic stances.

"This drill will help rebuild muscle and stamina, as well as dexterity." He said simply as he showcased the exercise, a slow, practiced, smooth shift between each and every stance.

The lessons went some like that, with the larger blonde ocassionally prodding and bumping the smaller blonde's limbs to correct her posture, pushing her to go for as long as her arms could support it.

"If you do not mind me prying—" He began suddenly. "Do you know the extent of your new abilities?"

Sword training was great. Loved it, his absolute favorite.

Time on earth was limited, however. Eva's time specially, given how busy she was. Perhaps they could shoot two corviknights with a single Tinkaton.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 18:53:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 And a strict instructor he was. But beneath the demand for excellence, there was always a gentle way he went about doing it. It pushed Eva to work that much harder. She flinched and twisted through the four basic stances with his guidance. Her imitation of his exercise was shaky, at best. She wasn’t the most graceful woman to walk this region and it showed in her occasional imbalance.

Unfortunately, her lack of strength became abhorrent clear quicker than she would have liked Her shoulders burned from keeping the heavier sword at the proper height. Slowly it dipped lower and lower until she let it fall with an exhausted sigh, “Ugh,” she rolled her aching shoulders in annoyance, accepting his earlier observation half-heartedly.

Eva wiped the subtle sheen of sweat from her brow and cast Gwyar a quizzical look. Her head tilted slightly, “I don’t mind,” she admitted with a small shrug. Gwyar was likely one of the only people around here she fully trusted and he, therefore, received honesty in return.

“I-” she thought for a moment, her lips twisting in a classic Eva feature of contemplation, “No, not the full extent,” she leaned forward against the hilt of her sword, glancing toward Blade who was lounging in the chairs at the edge of the room, “Wind manipulation,” she she had already demonstrated. She didn’t have great control over it all yet, but it was coming quickly with practice, “And Primal Energy - to a degree. Mega evolution, in particular.”

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 19:07:07 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Pointy End

What are you doing, ?

Eva was a grade-A for effort student. He suspected if she had been at her peak, she would've breezed through the exercise.

Would just have to get her back in shape!

At her look, he merely shrugged back with a laugh.

"Apologies for asking?" He said with an amused grin, looking at her tired form over before saying. "Take five."

They could continue this conversation while she rested.

Cupping his chin as she listed the abilities she knew of, he hummed thoughtfully, cocking his head at the mention of mega evolution with a curious look.

"Mega evolution...? I never imagined Lord Rayquaza would have a connection to the phenomenon." He said, brows furrowing slightly as he tapped at his chin. "I must admit— my understanding of primal energy is woefully lacking. If it isn't too much— could you explain?"

He asked, head lightly tilted— then chuckled.

"Looks like we'll both get to play at teacher today."

If the ability she spoke of was what he imagined— there might be something he could teach her for the future after all. Though, perhaps an excess.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 19:22:22 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Hm,” Eva’s lips twitched into a little grin, “I suppose we are,” the pursuit of knowledge was something Eva respected and his genuine interest was refreshing. For once, it didn’t seem forced or even a means to an end - just genuine curiosity

“Naturally, I studied Rayquaza when they were injured,” she couldn’t learn to heal something she didn’t understand. She moved towards a rack to place the sword carefully between two pegs, “Their diet is rich in Metonite, a mineral substance that is rich in PRIMAL ENERGY,” she walked back to the mat as she continued, “There is a unique organ embedded into their core. It stores PRIMAL ENERGY like a battery,” after a breath of thought, she motioned for Blade to join them on the mat.

The Gallade obliged, a causal stride brought him to her side, “Mega evolution is a product of PRIMAL ENERGY,” Eva decided it would be easier to demonstrate. Her hand extended towards Blade. There’s no where she could hide a Mega Accessory in her sports bra or leggings, and Blade clearly didn’t have a Mega Stone on him. The green in her eyes sparkled with gold, extending an unseen energy towards the Gallde. He was soon engulfed in a bright light that Gwyar would be familiar with. He emerged as a Mega Gallade, fully evolved without the use of tools, “I can induce mega evolution to any pokemon capable by tapping into that PRIMAL ENERGY,” the gold faded and her eyes shined their typical verdant green again.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 19:40:12 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Pointy End

What are you doing, ?

Gwyar's brow furrowed slightly, arms crossing over his chest as Eva explained things— simplifying it greatly for his non-scientific self, he wagered.

A true mark of expertise, that he got the gist of it all the same.

'That's for you.' thought with a smile.

Primal Energy, the source of mega evolution— amongst several other phenomena. It could be found within a mineral...? He crossed his arms, deep in thought.

His full attention was commanded back when Blade came into the picture, the man shelving these 'metonites' in the back of his mind.

Before his very eyes, Blade took on the now familiar form of a Mega Gallade, elegant cape fluttering under the pokemon's own overflowing power.

"Dear me!" He said , staring at Blade with wide eyes. "So few pokemon are capable, though... I truly thought the stones indispensable!"

It had made sense to him— no stone to be found, so no mega evolution for certain pokemon. Simple as that.

He cupped his chin, humming pensively as he tipped his head back, thinking outloud.

"Perhaps certain pokemon have their own version of rayquaza's energy storing organ instead...?" He wondered, turning his gaze back to Eva, extremely curious now.

Perhaps researchers had thought it to be akin to the human appendix? Never able to figure out what its purpose was until the advent of primal energy, it was concluded to be merely an evolutionary leftover?

His gaze shifted back to Blade.

"... How long can you maintain that form?" He asked, his digits slipping towards his breast pocket, where the chain of a pocket watch was stu— nope, wait, that was a luxury ball.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 17:51:47 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 For along while, Eva’s gaze remained fixed on Blade. The gallade’ mega form was a familiar site, but she still appreciated it anew each time. Consequences of such reckless use of her budding powers churned in the back of her mind but she ignored them, as always.

Her lips pulled into a contemplative frown, head bouncing subtly back and forth as she consider Gwyar’s words, “The stones are indispensable,” she confirmed, “It acts as a catalyst for the mega energy. Without them, the pokemon wouldn’t be able to unlock their potential,” she looked back towards Gwyar with the faintest hint of a grin, “I am the stone,” the catalyst.

As for duration, “Indefinitely,” but power always came at a cost. Nothing was free, “But the longer it persists, the more tired we both become,” and exhaustion led to mistakes, and injuries. Eva didn’t have a desire to push those boundaries . . . yet.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 17:14:18 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Pointy End

What are you doing, ?

"But that is what perplexes me." Gwyar said, rubbing at his chin thoughtfully. "If You are the universal stone... why are only a few pokemon capable of mega evolution?"

Before, stones reacted only to specific pokemon. Ergo, no Galladite, no mega Gallade. No Corvitite, No mega corviknight. Any pokemon incapable of mega evolution could be simply explained by claiming that no mega stone for their species had yet been found.

But Eva was a universal mega stone now.

So why were only a few pokemon capable of mega evolution still...?

"Well, I'm no scientist." He finally concluded with a laugh, smiling down at the doctor with a chuckle. "I'll just look forward to your future findings, good doctor."

He was sure if anyone would figure it out, it was her. She was the world leading expert on the subject matter, after all.

Turning back to Mega-Blade, Gwyar finally plucked his luxury ball out of his breast pocket, releasing his own Gallade onto the field.

As Gawain's kneeling glowing form took swift shape, armor and flowing scarf following shortly after as he rose, looking around briefly. His gaze eventually fell on the Doctor and his green counterpart. He gave both a polite bow, before turning his gaze back to Gwyar.

"Indefinite mega evolution... that is indeed an awesome power." He said, tapping his chin. "Gawain and I trained extensively in his Mega evolved form in order to extend its duration as much as possible, but we were unable to make any real headway on that endeavor."

The man's gauntlet shone suddenly as he raised it in the air, the keystone embedded upon it resonating with the gem in Gawain's armor.

Before long, two Mega Gallades stood in the training room.

"That is— until we first encountered the Z-move phenomena." Gwyar said. A special band crafted around his gauntlet began to glow as well.

Z-move

Knight God

"This is the Z-move we came up with." Gwyar said as Gawain's transformation finished, the Mega Gallade now guarded by crystals, the red chest gem that characterized the Gardevoir line having seemingly spilled outwards and overgrown like ivy, covering his in crystallized body armor.

"Both Power, combat performance and duration are greatly bolstered by this form." He said, dragging a digit over the glowing red armor. "Duration is exact, too. It is precisely twice the established average."

It was unlike normal mega evolution, were any duration beyond the establishded average was entirely up to luck.

"I'm wondering—" He turned his gaze over to her. "Could you and Blade hold this form indefinitely, too?"

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POINTY END [m|o]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 19:06:34 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Gwyar raised a good point that utterly left the doctor speechless. Her jaw hung open for a moment as if she was about to explain something but it snapped back into place with the furrow of her brow when she came up with nothing. It was rare for her to not have some sort of explanation. It made her . . . a little uncomfortable, actually.

Eva’s eyes narrowed for a moment on Gwyar. There was a familiar sparkle of mischief he may recognize, an appreciation of her mind being challenged. She would have to think about it. In fact, it would probably haunt her for a while until she came up with a fairly realistic explanation.

“Hmph,” she grinned up at Gwyar, “I don’t know the answer to that,” she admitted with little hesitation. She wasn’t ashamed to say she didn’t have an answer. In fact, that was more common than not. This was why she valued collaboration. More minds were always better than one!

Her gaze closely followed Gwyar as he moved away to release Gawain. A familiar energy surged to mega evolve the Gallade in a similar fashion to Blade, but with the power of Gwyar’s mega stone. The talk of Z-moves piqued her interest and she leaned in closer as the red crystals crawled across the Mega Gallade’s form.

Extended mega-evolution, a curious type of armor, peak combat performance? “Interesting,” but really she meant brilliant. She carefully reached out to touch the red crystals with Gawain’s permission, “I doubt it,” she mumbled aloud between them, “Z-moves are a bit different,” and not something she had explored. They felt different. Well, they didn’t feel the same as mega evolution, “Even if I could, I imagine we would grow exhausted quite quickly,” and then become more vulnerable, defeating the purpose.