Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 18:28:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

STUDY

Field studies with

"The bugs are getting restless." He muttered as he dragged a gloved digit over thin webbing, eyes following the wet thread stretching from one dying, rotten tree to the next.

The ruination had stopped spreading across the undergrowth, and the pokemon that remained had all but cordoned the area; an almost universal agreement to never approach whatever was inside.

Reports of a toxic substance in the forest, one neither known to the locals, nor of ruinous origin, had brought them here. There had been 'unrelated' sightings and reports of 'flying tentacools' recently, too.

He rubbed his digits. It was not the familiar, acrid smell of an Ariados' toxic thread that touched his nostrils.

He wrinkled his nose, observing similar splatters of venom leading beyond the webbing, deeper into the ruination. Stepping back, he reconsidered his first thoughts.

Perhaps they were trying to contain whatever was inside instead.

"Recognize these venoms, Eva?" He asked, turning towards the doctor, his hands lowered to the pokeball carrier hanging off his hip, fiddling with the rotator with obvious nervous energy.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 19:08:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva had flown over this area several times with Rayquaza shortly after it first happened. The disturbance in the balance was jarring, and the deity had grown restless. This new, unexplainable phenomenon was the result of something . . . unnatural. Something that needed to be purged.

Seeing it from ground level was just as disturbing. An uneasiness swelled in Eva’s gut. Her knowledge on this was limited which was unsettling in and of itself. She needed to know more.

Crouching down beside the webbing, leaned in just close enough to get a good look at it without allowing it to brush against her bare skin. She wore gloves, of course, and thrummed one of the sticky webs in a similar manner to John.

“Hm, I don’t right now,” she admitted beneath the heavy weight of the unknown, “But I can find out,” Eva had brought along several vials in order to collect a plethora of samples for later interpretation.

Eva prompte the small Pawniard at her side to SLASH through some of the threads to deposit in the small vial Eva presented to it, “Thanks,” she muttered quietly to the steel-type. With a wave of her hand, she indicated she wanted a clear path made. The Pawniard straightened up and SLASHED some more to create a hole in the defenses so they could pass.

There’s only one way to go now, and that’s forward to see if they could find the source.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 14:24:05 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

STUDY

Field studies with

"Avoid at all cost, got it." He said wryly, patting grass off his knees as he rose back to his feet.

With a sample of the venom acquired and the obstacle cleared, it was time to advance.

"I'll take point." He said, releasing his Escavalier in front of him. Petting its head, the youth signaled to the Doctor he was ready, before lightly pressing his hand against the steel bug's back. "Stay sharp, Bedy. Really don't need my ass stung today."

Advancing wasn't easy. There wasn't much left in the wake of the ruination, but the putrid stench that filled the air, and the reluctance to touch even the very soil underneath his heel, made Doug overtly careful with each step he took.

He really didn't want to stumble and fall face first on any of this grass.

"Ya ever dealt with these 'flying tentacools'?" He asked wryly. "Anything I should know?"

He hadfought the Nihilego a scant couple times. Mostly back at Dewford. Not a good first impression.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 5:05:32 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva would gladly allow the former Gym Leader to take point. He was far more fresh in the field than she was. All the time behind her desk definitely left her rusty and her reflexes dull, “After you then,” she smiled, tucking the sample away safely in the tube-shaped pocket of her utility belt.

The Pawniard took up the rear, and Eva followed behind Doug. She couldn’t help but sicker at his comment, intruding with her own dry joke that she seemed far too amused by herself, “Don’t worry, I’ll cover your back.”

The further the trudge through the toxic wasteland, the more in over her head Eva felt. She was experiencing similar thoughts of not wanting to get contaminated by this stuff, “Maybe we should have worn hazmat suits,” she off-handedly commented, though it was too late for that. They would just have to rely on instinct and caution to keep themselves safe.

“Oh, I haven’t had too many encounters with them,” her were mostly limited to Dewford as well, but they did experience with some Nihilego toxin in the labs, “They’re pretty quick, but quite vulnerable to physical attacks. Their skin is paper thin,” it didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out so she was likely telling John things he already knew, “Don’t suppose this is like . . . an invasion or something, do you?” Or an infestation?

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 13:50:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

STUDY

Field studies with

"'ppreciate it." He responded with a snicker.

They probably should have worn hazmat suits. Hindsight was 20/20 and all that— they were a bit too deep now to start worrying about their health.

"You too, huh?" He said, scratching at his cheek while pursing his lips. Couldn't blame her, Ultra beast encounters in the Hoenn wild were rare. Not a lot of chances to gain any experience dealing with them— and was a busy bee. "We should really stop killing these... Think we can catch it?"

If they could wrangle it for the league, they could give everyone a chance for some real hands-on experience.

Uh. In the most humanitarian way possible.

"I... don't think so." He said at the Doctor's suggestion, reaching over to brush his gloved digits over the ruined surface of a dead tree. "I... think things are just really unstable right now."

He didn't think these creatures were willfully invading Hoenn— rather, to him, the barrier between Hoenn and their homes had become so flimsy, they were accidentally tripping into the region.

"Honestly, what else is going to slip into Hoenn at this rate?" The youth sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose— Just as a viscous liquid dripped down unto his shoulder.

Not quite noticing it immediately —he was wearing a rather thick looking coat over said shoulders— Doug didn't immediately look up to the dead trees above him to notice... large, looming shadow above, nor the massive claws digging into the bark.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 5:14:29 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Yes - her too, and the lack of knowledge was something that stung deeply. As Head Professor she felt a heavy pressure to have all the answers though that is nearly impossible. There were just too many phenomena in Hoenn for one person to keep up, no matter how little sleep she got and how hard she tried.

“Between the two of us, I’m sure we could wrangle one,” her voice sounded confident. She wasn’t too worried about a single one or perhaps a pair. If they ran into a horde though . . . then they may be in a bit of trouble.

Unstable is an understatement and a losing battle Eva keeps getting knocked out of. Her jaw fell to comment but snapped shut when the thick goo slapped onto John’s shoulder. It’s straight out of a movie, “John -,” she slowly diverted her gaze upward to find a hideous beast looming above them, “Move, John!” Eva barked, shoving herself forward to shove him out of the way of a swinging claw.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 15:25:43 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

STUDY

Field studies with

"You bet'cha!" Doug said with a confident grin, rolling his arms to assure the woman— oblivious to the literal sword of Damocles hanging over his head.

He does however notice the sudden change in Eva's mood— as well as the slight, pungent rot of something nearby. The words 'shit' are only beginning to form in his head when Eva suddenly lunges, shoving him back just in time for a dangerous, clawing swipe from above miss him entirely.

He tripped on a tree root and fell flat on his back on the disgusting grass, wheezing as the air in his lungs escaped. There wasn't a lot of time to feel disgusted by the ruined foliage, or complain about the pain on his back—

He was staring up at what he could only describe as 'Zombie Ursaluna'.

"BEDY!" Yelped Doug with wide eyes as he snapped back up to his feet with trained precision, his Escavalier not waiting for any particular command as it lunged with its twin spears at the creature on the tree, twin beams of high pressured water shooting towards it.

With deftness that belied its gargantuan size and seemingly rotten body however, the behemoth leapt off the tree and landed on the foliage below, grinding to a halt before the two soldiers whilst facing them and reeling back its head—

GRRRRRRAAWR!!!

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 5:28:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Once John was safely out of the way, Eva had to immediately drop to her belly to avoid being torn to shreds by the zombie’s swipe. Her lips pulled tightly together and she held her breath in an attempt to avoid contamination by the poison laced in the ground.

The professor rolled to the side, avoiding the Ursaluna as it made landfall. The nimble Pawniard joined the Escavalier on the offensive. The little steel-type’s LASER FOCUS pinpointed a weak point in the distracted abomination's armor. As the beast’s roar tremored around them, the Pawniard lunged at it’s neck, METAL CLAWS tearing past the fur and skin, spattering brown, rotten blood across the dead ground. The viscous substances oozed out of the wound like tree sap. It seemed to slow down the undead, but it’s HAMMER ARM knocked back the Pawniard like it was nothing but a throw pillow.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 15:33:24 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

STUDY

Field studies with

"Shit!" Doug let out as the Pawniard was sent flying, watching it bounce across the grass like a ball. His hand raised, pointing a digit towards it before shooting healing scales towards the little soldier.

Though the monster had slowed down after the blow, pain was clearly not in the equation— it moved quickly despite the violently oozing wound on its neck, its internal fluids spilling over the grass as it rushed towards them with frightening swiftness.

A barrier quickly erected between the two trainers and the creature, its body slamming into it with a booming clap, cracks spreading across its surface as if it were a car's windshield.

His Escavalier reeled back before digging his spears into the ground, sweat dripping underneath its steel armor as it held strong.

Cracks continued to spread all the same, the Quick Guard slowly giving away underneath the zombified pokemon's might.

Doug fished through his pockets pulling a net ball—

"No time to play by the rules— let's crush it with numbers!" The thing felt no pain, had no self-preservation, and had been clearly empowered by its current state.

Best to just throw a lot of power and nuke it off the face of the earth.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 4:02:04 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva ducked, nearly missing the Pawniard as it shot over her head. For a moment, she was dumbfounded by the sheer strength and tenacity of this beast. Despite the critical hit, the pokemon kept charging.

Thanks to ’s HEALING SCALES, Pawniard was back at it in no time! The pokemon would-be concussion quickly faded and his double vision centered back on the crazed opponent. Eva was already grabbing at another pokeball on her waist when John suggested they overwhelm it with numbers. Survival instinct was quickly kicking in and Eva had no problem with that logic.

Eva released a pokemon she knew she could rely on. Syah, the Machamp, burst through the crimson light and into a battle ready stance. The seasoned fighter didn’t take long to adjust to the terrain or assess the dire situation. She BULKED UP, drawing back to focus a DYNAMIC PUNCH on the rampaging beast.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 13:47:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

STUDY

Field studies with

The zombified beast folded unto itself like a dented punching bag as the Machamp's fist sunk into its gut, vile spilling over the grass before it launched backwards like a soccer ball, bouncing across the dead soil in a roaring, uncoordinated mess of limbs.

Doug released a sigh of relief, nodding Eva's way gratefully. His Escavalier rubbed its spears together to scrape them clean as it moved to stand besides the Machamp, glaring down at the thing.

As it grind to a stop, its limbs twisted into awkward angles, a number of sickening cracks and pops filled the air as it began to rise, neither pain nor self-preservation preventing its ascent.

A neck that had snapped out of place when its head first met the hardened soil.

A large fist-sized chest cavity revealing a the putrid innards and weakened bone structure of the creature.

Shifting arms that seemed to lengthen as the weight of blood and overgrown claws settled upon them, its knuckles touching the soil despite it standing at its full height.

Just looking at it made his hairs stand on end. His lip curled, before he swallowed hard.

His hand let go of the net ball in his hand, placing it back on his belt before shifting it to another.

"Fire would work, I think..." He said, brows tense before he threw the new net ball out, releasing his Scyther into the field. "But we can't use flames in dry woods."

It would turn into a roaring forest fire in an instant if they made even the slightest mistake.

His Scyther's sharp gaze fell upon the zombified pokemon with a measure of curiosity and aggression. As ever, she seemed to remain fearless even in the face of whatever that unnatural thing was, seemingly getting more pissed with each passing second.

"Let's try taking off its limbs until it can't move, Major! Kama! Bedy!" He shouted, prompting his Scyther's wings and arms to spread wide, its stance lowering. "Go! Bedy, create an opening. Kama, if you see it, take it!"

The Scyther hissed, before launching forth. Bedwyr pointed a spear towards the creature, before launching a beam of pressured water its way.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 1:34:42 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Take the- What?!” Eva gasped, lookin fairly shocked at the idea of ripping off the pokemon’s limbs. How do they know for sure it’s not salvageable? That there's not a cure? It may be a long shot, but she was always willing to try. Of course . . . a truly living creature probably wouldn’t have snapped all of it’s limbs back into lace like that after Syah’s punch . . it also wouldn’t have a large hole exposing it’s rotting innards.

Alright, fair. Violence it is.

A click of her tongue caught the attention of the recovered Pawniard. The little steel-type lined up alongside the Scyther, ready to strike alongside bug-type when the opening emerged. His LASER FOCUS made his METAL CLAWS deadly. When prompted, he’d strike forward, taking the side of the zombified pokemon that the Scyther didn’t.

It’s not a bloody mess, fortunately. There seems to be little blood left in the rotting corpse. It made Eva feel a little better about mutilating the creature, “What is this thing?” she asked with a hint of disgust once it was all over. She poked at a twitching arm with a stick.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 21:49:43 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

STUDY

Field studies with

Once the battle was over, he could release a relieved sigh, his body sagging as the tension abandoned his body, nearly toppling on his ass.

"Well..." Doug began between his pants, before giving Eva a helpless shrug. "Honestly, if you don't know..."

One of them was the region's top scientist— and it was certainly not his high-school dropout ass.

Approaching the corpse, Doug patted his pokemon gently, mumbling his thanks as the pink glow on his palms seeped into their carapaces and knitted close their wounds. Then, he turned his hand to Eva's pokemon.

"So... whadaya think, prof?" Doug said as he moved to stand besides Eva. "Are we in a prologue for the Night of the Living dead?"

God, he would almost not even be shocked. Hoenn dealt them so much shit already, a zombie apocalypse almost seemed like lightwork.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,804 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 2:40:14 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s lips pulled into a tight frown. He had a point, but she didn’t have to like it. If she didn’t even know what this thing was, then he probably wasn’t going to know.

Eva was far more cautious than Doug. She kept a safe distance despite its mutilated body. She leaned forward, peering over its living corpse with a fresh sense of both curiosity and disgust. Whatever it was was unnatural and didn’t belong in this world.

She followed Doug to the position beside her, a dark sense of foreboding flashed across her normally bright eyes, “You never know in Hoenn, Doug,” she’d love to dismiss the idea entirely but this region had proved her wrong too many times.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
STUDY [M/Dr. Eva]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 0:48:50 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

STUDY

Field studies with

Not quite the answer he had hoped for.

He looked back at the professor, then at the body, and finally turned his gaze to the sky, releasing a deep sigh.

"Oh brother."

Could they please catch a break?

"... Shall we take all this to the lab?" He asked, digits fleeting over a net ball.
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing