183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
< grillin and chillin > [o/m] [b&b]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 2:28:43 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
After the harsh run-in on the Fiery Path, Sven was stuck rushing two members of his team to a nearby pokemon center. His Axew had been badly poisoned, and much to his chagrin, he'd nearly been halted by a Gulpin on the path. While two of his pokemon were down for the count, he sent out his Sinistea, Chamomile, to deal with it. While the ghost-type was quick to use mega drain, the Gulpin's liquid ooze caused the poor teacup damage. All he could do now was run, with three of his pokemon in the red. Thankfully once he reached the pokemon center, they were quick to treat his pokemon. He couldn't help but heave a sigh of relief as he thanked the staff and hurried his way out.

He couldn't help but contemplate. The Scolipede was tough, and to reflect it, perhaps he should offer it a tough name. His thoughts caused him to wander off and closer to a poke mart where he could purchase some things for home. Most of the things he bought seemed suitable for a barbecue, but he figured his team deserved it after that tough run-in.

Sven struggled to get through the door with all the bags in his hand, but fortunately his Oshawott hopped out of its pokeball to help him carry some things. Once they were in his apartment, Sven immediately took to the kitchen to begin prepping. Burgers were shaped and seasoned with a dash of garlic salt and cracked pepper. Hot dogs were also cut from the packaging and carefully placed on a plate that he could carry outside. Once he had prepped everything for the grill, it was time to set the grill up.

After everything was ready, Sven immediately placed the patties and hot dogs on the grill and took a deep inhale to appreciate the smell of cooking meats. While he waited for them, he made sure to release all of his pokemon out into the open so they could ready themselves for food. But much to his surprise, it seemed his cooking had drawn someone else in. As he turned around, Sven was surprised at first and then gave a wave.

"Yo! Making burgers and dogs! Any special requests?"

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@open

close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
reach the stars, fly a fantasy
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 15:13:57 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

&& OPEN

[attr="class","mempmain"]

Maybe he shouldn’t have gone.[break][break]

That’s what he had been thinking as he approached where Sven had the grill and everything set up. That he should have just stayed home and not worried about anything remotely close to socializing.[break][break]

But he was trying his hardest to socialize. To make friends. To try and solidify a life for himself in a region that he so badly wanted to call home.[break][break]

So here her was, forcing himself into a social situation that usually made his skin crawl if he was doing it for him. Really anything he was doing for himself made him uncomfortable.[break][break]

Ah, conditioning.[break][break]

But there Sven was smiling his way and giving him a wave. The smell of hotdogs and burgers had Memphis cheering up and suddenly he wasn’t alone. The nerves were beginning to fade away and with a thankful smile, he walked over.[break][break]

”Hey. Uh… no special requests that I can think of.”[break][break]

He liked everything that was on the grill, after all. Minx sat on his shoulder, carefully looking at everything and all the other pokémon that were around.[break][break]

”How’ve you been?”

[attr="class","memppoke"]

[newclass=.memp]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.memp div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.mempmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass][newclass=.memptag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass][newclass=.memp b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memp i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memp u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.memp a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memppoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
this feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and i'm ready to fall into the sky
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 15:47:50 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
It was pleasant to see a familiar face. His grin went from ear to ear as he reached out and gave Memphis a firm pat on the shoulder in a way of greeting the grey haired man. While one hand remained occupied by grill tongs, the other left Memphis' shoulder and held a thumbs up to show that he was doing pretty well. His attention went back to the grill to make sure nothing got overly cooked, and soon his newest addition to his team, a Scolipede he'd named Koga, scuttled over to his side.

"I mean I did nab this big guy, he's pretty tough! And surprisingly fast for his size! I figured strong and fast deserved a strong and fast name, so I've decided to call him Koga."

Sven couldn't help but reach up and give the centipede-like pokemon a gentle stroke on the head. He remained affectionate with all of his pokemon, perhaps that's why they were so keen to follow his orders almost immediately. Once one of the hot dogs looked cooked enough, Sven picked it up with the tongs and tossed it in the air for the Scolipede to catch, which it did so immediately. Immediately with that offer, his pokemon began to pool around both Sven and the grill, to which he laughed and held a finger up as if instructing them to wait just a moment.

And as promised, he began to serve off the varied team one by one, even scolding his Fuecoco that tried to jump to the front of the line again for more. The downtrodden croc fumbled to the back of the line with a pout and waited for its second helping. As he waited for more to cook, his attention went to Memphis once more.

"Feel free to make yourself comfortable! I have a few chairs set out, pick whichever one calls to you and I'll get your food to you. Do you want anything special to drink?"

Sven used the tip of his shoe to prop open a nearby cooler that had a varied selection of sodas, bottles of water and juice, and even a few energy drinks. He didn't care much for alcohol so that seemed off the menu for the afternoon. But his guest was more than welcomed to help himself. While he waited, Sven readied their burgers and piled both of them rather high with a variety of toppings, making sure to place bacon immediately after the melted cheese so it stayed in place better.

"Give it a try and tell me how it is!"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 15:47:18 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

Koga huh? That was an interesting name choice. There were several names representing strong and fast, but the extra pun to the poison type gym leader was pure gold. Memphis could appreciate it.[break][break]

”I love the name.” He began, giving a greeting of a smile to the scolipede and not much bothered by it. had plenty of bug-type pokémon around. Memphis never minded them.

”No no, I’m just gonna have a water.” He took just that from the offered cooler before smiling in gratitude. ”But thanks.”[break][break]

He’d recently gone to the desert with and his body still begged for water to be put in his system like he was a dried banana.[break][break]

Taking a seat as instructed, he thought about releasing all of his pokémon. They were relatively well behaved, but for the moment, he only had Minx out. She went from his shoulder to his lap and curled up happily, a little nibble along his hands and fingers.[break][break]

”It’ll be done in a minute, ma’am.”[break][break]

A puff left her before she complained in little chirps at him, pacing on his lap and waving her little arms. A full rant about how Sven’s pokémon all got to eat already and how dare she have to wait![break][break]

Amused beyond reason, he was all smiles by the time Sven was finished with the food. He got up to retrieve it, took a seat again, then shared his little sides with Minx. He took a bite and his eyes lit up. He blinked curiously before looking at him with a firm nod, mouth full of food, and then a thumbs up.[break][break]

”Mmhm!!”

[newclass=.memp]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.memp div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.mempmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass][newclass=.memptag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass][newclass=.memp b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memp i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memp u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.memp a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.memppoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 23:50:10 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
If there was one thing he took pride in, it was the fact he knew how to grill a decent burger. Garlic really helped bring out a particular flavor, at least in his opinion. With the cooking complete, Sven decided it best to let the grill cool down before he went anywhere near it to clean. The tongs were hung on a bar set beneath the grill, and he soon took his place in a nearby chair so he could have his own food.

"Don't be afraid to let your pokemon out! I think I made enough, and if not, I don't mind making more!"

Sven cracked open a can of soda and took a long swig of it. Nostrils flared as he tried not to let a belch escape from his throat, but the rumble that accompanied still came through. The blonde mumbled a quiet 'excuse me' before he bit into a hot dog. There was a slight crispiness to the frank and he couldn't help but give an appreciative 'mmm!' with the way the juices and condiments coalesced into an overall savory flavor.

"So Memphis, got any summer plans? I've been trying to work on some music to release, but my time's been pretty occupied by trying to get other work in. More importantly though: any fun discoveries?"

He couldn't help the way he leaned in as curiosity overcame him. As he remained distracted, his Fuecoco waddled up and bolstered itself onto the chair so it could steal the other half of Sven's hot dog. For a moment, he looked down and flashed the croc a look of betrayal before he nudged the creature off. The betrayal didn't linger for long because he adored the creature too much, and besides, he still had a burger to chow down on.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 13:46:43 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

Sven was, in fact, the guy who was nice to his pokémon and they listened to him in return… and bullied him because he was nice. Memphis was that guy to people, but not to his pokémon. He was a bit of a stern mother to his pokémon.[break][break]

Most of them listened to him only because they had a mutual understanding and respect for each other. Which was why he didn’t have a plethora of pokémon.[break][break]

”That’s alright, I’m gonna keep them put away. For the most part, I don’t really let them free roam. Makes me anxious.”[break][break]

The explanation is given as Minx had just about jumped off his lap. She stops though, moving over to curl against him to try and settle his social anxiety nerves.[break][break]

”As for discoveries, I haven’t really had any. I mean, none that have been worthy of putting in the museum yet.”[break][break]

Each item of food was devoured while he spoke, but he was careful not to speak with food in his mouth. Just between bites, letting Minx have little pieces here and there. She was far too picky to eat anything in abundance.

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 21:22:40 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
He could only nod at both of Memphis' statements. While he could understand the anxiety that came from letting his entire team out to roam, there came a sense of trust to allow exactly that. Sven patted the top of his Fuecoco's head and it seemed to calm down immediately, almost as if it craved that affection. The researcher picked up his burger and took a bite, pleased to see that the flavors he'd tested with combined into a savory taste. If it weren't for the fact he was with company, he might have shed a tear at how proud he was with the end product. After he chewed it thoroughly enough, Sven swallowed the bite and soon offered his own insight to Memphis.

"Could I suggest something to you? You ever think of seeing if you could tag along on a ranger mission? I'm sure they go all sorts of places that offer exciting finds."

had shared plenty of stories about her adventures with him, and from the sounds of it, there were worthwhile discoveries out there to make. Abandoned temples likely had plenty of documents on long forgotten civilizations, books on rituals conducted to please deities in the past... There was plenty of history out there to be discovered, but he could imagine in the sense of museums, the criteria for discovering something worthwhile to put in was a lot more critical.

"My friend Saskia frequents places a lot, maybe I could see if she'd be open to having a plus one?"

What was the worst that could happen? That she said no? That seemed the most likely option. As he let the suggestion out in the air, Sven bit into his burger once more. This time he seemed a lot more open to sharing small bites with his Fuecoco.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 14:25:15 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

Mid-bite, Memphis’ body froze. The sound of Saskia’s name coming from somebody he never would have thought knew her—only because he doesn’t think people he knows know each other.[break][break]

”Saskia, as in, ?”[break][break]

Her name didn’t roll off his tongue very naturally, but he was trying hard to learn how to pronounce it. She gave him lessons but he probably butchered it.[break][break]

Just like that, all thought of his pokémon being out of their balls, or the food, was gone from his mind. He was wholly focused on the fact that two of his friends knew each other.[break][break]

Why? Because he was raised to think such things were more important than things like food.[break][break]

Ah, church people. And the drama that comes with it. Gossip’s a bitch.

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 19:52:49 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
A wide grin plastered itself upon Sven's face as he eagerly nodded. That was definitely who he met. Maybe there was some pride in the fact that the ranger was considerably one of his best friends, but it hadn't quite sunk in that Memphis knew exactly who he was talking about. Sure, he seemed to push that fact aside, but it just took him a little bit to register it. By the time he had scarfed the rest of his burger and wiped his hands clean with a napkin, the realization hit him like a freight train that went right off the rails and barreling towards the aspiring scientist.

"WAIT YOU KNOW SASKIA TOO?!"

His excited shout startled even his own pokemon. Sven practically leaped out of his chair to the point that the foldable seat went flying over. His empty paper plate fell to the ground and he stood there in a surprise that could only be properly described as excited. Eyes grew wide and his smile grew wider.

"Why didn't you think to ask her?! She'd be a great guide for you! Maybe at some point we could go on an outing together!"

The idea of two old friends bringing along their newfound friend sounded promising. Besides, if Memphis was looking for things that would be worthwhile to put into a museum, Sven was likely to find things that would be worthwhile to present as a means of research. The only thing would be getting in touch with Saskia once she had some free time. Well, that is if Memphis had any interest. Sven bent down to pick up his plate off the ground and his chair, then carefully took a seat on it once more.

"Think it over! I'm sure it'd be a lot of fun!"