6,448 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
plague [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 0:59:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the plague has finally reached the range of their neighborhood, and it forces kyle to finally make a move when he otherwise wouldn't have.

"alright noah, as the top champion of the region, i'd like to remind you of your responsibilities as the gym leader of this town, one of which is to protect its citizens from any danger that may befall its graces."

kyle wore an old gas mask that he had stocked somewhere in their house from previous missions during poison patrol. the pokemon beside him doesn't have one since he's apparently immune to it, having been reborn during the said calamity. he gave noah one beforehand.

"actually, i'm pretty sure we have a proper waste disposal facility in our town but it's really starting to bother me."

he has led noah somewhere beyond their backyard to show him the source of concern. a pile of trash, which can be considered toxic, industrial waste at this point, has been dumped by the woods near their home.

kyle has only noticed it since the dogs have been taking trips to investigate it, and as rich as he was, he's not sure if vets can take care of the entire horde if they get all sick.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
plague [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 1:32:21 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"you gotta be kidding me." noah pinches his nose and his eyes tear up from the sour stench of fermenting garbage. "can't wait to retire."[break][break]

beside him, his machamp, kai, covers its mouth with a layer of four hands: a desperate face mask to ward off this insufferable plague.[break][break]

noah creeps up to it like a krabby. step by step with one hand still on his nose, he approaches the rubbish. [break][break]

whatever is inside is covered by black plastic. he kicks it once before reeling back. the bag lurches and none of the contents are exposed much to noah's dismay.[break][break]

"why would anyone do this, man?" noah wails. "think this was like, a planned attack on us?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
gaslight[break][break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/SJLtXcC/44.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,448 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
plague [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 1:49:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a poochyena from their home wanders in, following its trainer when they he came out to investigate the source of the stench. the moment it arrives, the pokemon throws up on the grass.

kyle sighs and looks around for berries. he spots a nearby pecha bush, of which the low hanging berries have all been picked clean by nearby wild pokemon, and plucks one to feed the poochyena, curing it of its poison status. he forces the dark-type to turn around and go back.

"who would even hate us? i think we're lovable, i hope."

kyle turns to his manectric. "you're immune. can you just eat it?" the shadow pokemon growls in defiance, ending its message to its trainer with a sharp bark.

the noise gets something to stir within the pile.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
plague [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 5:47:13 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
ah, nature. how beautiful it is. how idyllic it is when a poochyena empties its breakfast all over the verdanturf grass. [break][break]

noah doesn't blame the manectric. despite its shadow malady, no living thing would desire such a diet.[break][break]

unless it was...[break][break]

"dude, it's a grimer."[break][break]

his machamp trods over and lifts the trash bag like a stinky shirt. a disgusted groan leaves the gray-skinned fighter as it turns the bag upside down.[break][break]

like jello, the a green grimer flops out with candy wrappers and used kleenex pieces besmirches its lips.[break][break]

"you think the grimer found its way into the trash, or do you think it was tossed out on purpose?" noah frowns, rubbing the back of his neck.[break][break]

the breeze brushes against his bare arm as the poison-type nibbles on the torn plastics of its trash bag.

"weird color too."

[break][break]

gaslight[break][break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/SJLtXcC/44.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,448 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
plague [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 0:47:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the stench permeates through the gas mask. it filters some of them, but the agitations from the grimer accentuates the smell further.

"it's like the alolan version of one, but without the pride colors," he describes.

he's not sure why he honed in on that part of noah's statement first, but he quickly bounces back and sticks to the topic right after.

"it's probably wild. no one would leave a shiny pokemon, especially if it sells for a high enough amount on the black market." he speaks from experience, though not exactly because he participated in one. "oh, i meant in their p-o-v, whoever they are."

kyle did participate in black market dealings once upon a time, but that was a long while ago, and he only bought one pokemon once. granted, it costed a lot of his savings back then, and that was the reason he never returned.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
plague [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 5:36:42 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
noah laughs. a hand rests against his chest even if the chuckling is soft and weak.[break][break]

"would someone even pay that much for a shiny grimer?" the gym leader says- but he tries to keep quiet in case he offends the pokemon rummaging about before them. [break][break]

he squints.[break][break]

"then again, it's kinda cute."[break][break]

his machamp lifts the grimer by its "scruff". it drips on the grass while idly chewing on a steak of plastic.[break][break]

"you know what's fucked up? the reverse of muk's name. what was the person thinking when they named the species that."

[break][break]

gaslight[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,448 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
plague [m]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 3:06:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his hand also rests on noah's chest just because.

"what's wrong with muk?" he asks. "isn't it just- oh..."

it was so stupid kyle finds himself chuckling at it.

he moves on since the grimer's presence was still going to kill any mood they would have.

"anyways, we should just capture it and let the rangers relocate it elsewhere," he suggests. "do you have spare pokeballs with you?"

to fill the downtime, he stares at the grimer. he finally sees what noah meant when he said it was kinda cute.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
plague [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 6:37:45 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"spare pokeballs? uh, yeah, yeah."[break][break]

noah fishes out a great ball from his pocket. its vibrant blue is aligned with the gym leader's palette—but it is overshadowed by the brilliant sheen of their smelly intruder.[break][break]

he sticks his tongue out. lifts his leg. like a baseball pitcher, he winds up the great ball before launching it quick.[break][break]

the grimer is struck, but for a moment, it gives reason to believe that the capture fails. it simply slides against the grimer's body, stuck on its sticky rolls.[break][break]

but finally, the capsule cracks open to unleash a red bolt that swiftly engulfs the pokemon's body.[break][break]

"done." noah grabs the ball, but he's careful not to let his fingers touch the slick residue left behind. "that was easy. maybe it wanted to get caught... kinda like me, y'know? at the dog park where we first met, hoho."

[break][break]

gaslight - not actual capture![break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,448 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
plague [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 6:58:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
as noah does all his theatrics, kyle takes out an article of clothing that expands to an entire sygna suit. he releases his smeargle as the final component of the suit, activating it.

"wait, did i miss our anniversary or something?" kyle asks while he's adjusting his suit for comfort. "shit, we can do something later to make up for it! just ask."

their anniversary as a couple was held at valentine's day for easy remembering, but kyle still forgets.

"let's deal with this first," he informs as he points at the trash pile left by the grimer. "and then, uh, it's your call?"

the smeargle's connection with kyle through the sygna suit allows him to tell what his trainer wants: disposal of the trash with shadow force. it goes through the portal with accuracy, successfully transferring contents to the distortion world without affecting anything else.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
plague [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 23:49:20 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"naw, naw! i'm just joking around."[break][break]

noah shakes the great ball with his fingertips and a strip of sludge flicks off into the grass. he sticks his tongue out, eyebrows knitted together as he prays none has touched his clothes.[break][break]

"but a visit to the dog park would be nice."[break][break]

the smeargle eventually returns as they do to their meeting place.

[break][break]

gaslight[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
plague [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 0:15:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: