[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]A bitter cold blankets the land, trails of red encased in frost that crunches under feet. This is a place she remembers all too well. Water drips from the icicles melting above, rays of a rising sun peeking through the cracks in the walls of this abandoned building.[break][break]

Broken tableware litters the ground, the smell of soured food just barely beat out by the stench of raw, open wounds. Furniture is tipped over, picture frames knocked over as glass decorates their resting place. The details of this place are not lost upon her, but she has to put such things aside when she hears the guttural roar down the corridor.[break][break]

"Reiner!"[break][break]

"Reiner!"[break][break]

Electricity dances through the dusty hallways, scorches the wooden boards as screeches are wrenched from the throats of aggressive pokemon. Reiner growls and shoots Eris a brief look, giving her just enough time to grab onto the younger version of herself before he darts off into the fray. A Springtide Storm brews in his wake, sweeping up and forwards as it seeks to engulf those who would dare to threaten his younger self.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
to all things housed in her silence || c
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 3:22:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Reiner wouldn't be the only one on the defensive here.[break][break]

As Isaac heard the roar down the distant hallway and saw the Luxray's hackles raised, he threw a Pokeball out as quick as a flash. Eris only deserved the best of his protection, and nothing described "the best" more than the dreams of a protector never forgotten. Akane emerged from her Pokeball with a distorted, metallic war, her silver hide shining in the light of Reiner's sparking fur.[break][break]

As she stepped to join ranks with Reiner, Isaac took in the location. It was familiar in the worst possible ways, and yet unfamiliar in even more horrifying ones. Blood and snow mingled together in a horrifying fusion. All traces that others had lived here were now shattered, decaying remnants on the floor. Nonetheless, something about the layout tickled at the back of his mind. Where had he seen this place before? Why did it have such a tragic sense of nostalgia to it?[break][break]

. Hadn't this been where his otome route ended?[break][break]

Would this be his chance to rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light? Or were they simply here to drop Eris back off in her past and leave her to her fate? If it was the latter, they were doing an awful job at it. With how fired up Reiner was, it was unlikely he'd stop at just a warning shot. On the other hand, the former wasn't his call to make.[break][break]

This was Eris' fate to decide. He was simply visiting.[break][break]

"You lead. I'll follow," Isaac said. For the first time in her life, someone had put Eris' fate in her own hands. However she chose to go about this, she'd have his undying support.[break][break]

Fate hath no fury like two strays scorned.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 1:20:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Lightning crackles through the air, strikes their targets true whilst they're distracted by Akane's looming presence. And the rising voltage will have its fill, tearing through blood and bone until their senses are eaten whole. One by one, they fall to the ground, ravenous bodies that will hunger when they wake later.[break][break]

And in the wake of a dying battle, the two Luxrays will have a moment to regard each other, the younger raising his hackles and baring his teeth at the unknown. To which is met with an even gaze, a slight tilt of the head towards their trainers as if to remind the feline that he - no, they have a higher duty to fulfill.[break][break]

"We need to grab any food we can."[break][break]

tells her to lead and she shall, Eris' attention scouring the room before they finally fall upon her younger self. She doesn't need to see it to understand what might be going through her head, but it truly is surreal to see just what expression she had made in that very moment. The panic, the uncertainty, the guilt that betrayed just how much they know about this situation. It's not their house and yet -[break][break]

"Don't overthink it."[break][break]

That line is directed to Isaac just as much as it is a memo to her past. She's seen what lays in the rooms ahead, and she's sure that she isn't the only one here that knows. Keeping the only one that doesn't in the dark is probably for the best, but she can't stop him if he decides to try and understand what they're getting into.

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 2:58:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Food?"[break][break]

Isaac couldn't tell if it was genius or insanity. In a ruined, frozen house like this, would there even be any salvageable food to find? Was that food really higher priority than escaping death at the hands of whatever had fallen? What the hell was even going on around here?[break][break]

Luckily, Isaac could take out two birds with one stone. He lobbed another Pokeball onto the ground, Kilimanjaro the Camerupt emerging with a low bellow. Not only would his lava humps and thick, wooly hide shelter everyone from the cold, but his refined gourmet's nose would pick between the spoiled food and the choice cuts. "Now don't be picky," Isaac chided. "We're not looking for top percentage here. Just . . . won't kill you."[break][break]

Kilimanjaro's nose wrinkled at the idea, but he relented with a curt nod.[break][break]

"I'll admit," Isaac said in the face of Eris' warning. "I'm not really sure what's going on right now. But I'm not gonna go prying into your life if you don't want me to." The last thing Isaac could ever want was to invade poor Eris' privacy on a multiversal level.[break][break]

"Just . . . if there's anything I should know about what's up ahead, or if you want to talk about it at all, I'm here to listen, okay?"[break][break]

A part of him knew Eris would never just accept his offer. But even if his words were futile pleas in the darkness of Eris' past, he wanted her to know that she could depend on him. Now, moreso than ever, it had never felt more important.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 11:48:27 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Canned, slightly stale. Stuff that doesn't go bad quick."[break][break]

Clarification comes quick, her arms now left empty as the younger Reiner claims his own Eris in a hug. And with that, she'll begin to move towards the kitchen, accompanied by Reiner as they begin to ransack the cabinets for any goods.[break][break]

"Right now, we're somewhere between Vermilion and Saffron City, I think." She starts, her sentence punctuated with the clacking of tin cans against one another. "Vermilion's been taken over. So we have to backtrack."[break][break]

The basics are what she can afford to gift , a brief glimpse into their situation that he may digest as they get their act together. Dates and specifics are a blur, but faint memories beckon to her as she readjusts to the world presented before her very eyes. When he offers to be the shoulder she can lean upon, that he will listen no matter what she might have to say, she stops for the briefest of moments, keeps him within her line of sight.[break][break]

"I'll be fine, Isaac."[break][break]

A sweeping motion is enough to get some more cans falling into her backpack, the straps tied properly to ensure nothing slips out along the way. And when she's ready, she'll make her way back towards him, with Reiner always keeping an eye on their surroundings even as his fur bristles.[break][break]

"I know there's probably lots more you want to know but-"[break][break]

Now's not the time? When would it ever be the time? With a brief glance towards Reiner, she knows that he's got their younger selves handled. And so she must play her part, extending an open palm towards Isaac with a rather weak smile.[break][break]

"Take my hand and keep your eyes closed. Just 'til we get out of the house, yeah?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 18:51:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The fall of Kanto. So this was what it was like to experience it firsthand.[break][break]

It was one thing to hear the stories from . It was another to see the lingering impact from . Even 's otome route had given him a closer perspective. But those were just words and images. This was more. This was real. This wasn't something he could just tuck into "Rocket was bad" and hide from his conscience.[break][break]

It was time for Isaac to come to a reckoning with what he was supporting.[break][break]

Yet not now. Not when it was so close to Eris' heart. She promised she would be okay, even as her smile was so weak and fragile. She asked him to close his eyes and take her hand, to keep close to her and keep his distance from these events. There was a world-weary maturity to her words, as if for a second time in her life she was being forced to grow beyond her years. It almost felt like she was taking the role of older sibling, if just for a moment.[break][break]

He didn't want to close his eyes. He didn't want to live in ignorance of what Team Rocket had wrought. He didn't want to live in ignorance of how she had been hurt. He didn't want to live in ignorance of what Rocket would do to Hoenn with his support, were he to keep walking along this path.[break][break]

But she asked, and he promised. He couldn't betray her trust, even on something so minor.[break][break]

"Alright," he said, softly taking her hand. With a gentle smile, and a quick, supportive squeeze, he closed his eyes shut.[break][break]

At least this time he could be by her side as they walked into hell.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 23:36:51 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]If there's anything that drives fear around these parts, it's not a cacophony of screams but rather the eerie silence that engulfs this land. It's the creaking of old floor boards that they walk upon, the crackling of ice that strains against the bitter heat. It's the lack of breath within these halls, the uncertainty of what lurks in that broom closet just up ahead.[break][break]

She blinds him to it: The way she treats every corner like a pandora’s box of unspeakable devils. The way she grits her teeth in place of squeezing his hand far too tight. The way she simply flits her glance over the scraps smeared over the walls, or winces at the fingers jutting out from ceiling debris.[break][break]

The back door can't crawl any faster towards them, their presence echoing long down these halls. But as soon as she’s able to rest her fingers against that scratched door handle, she pushes down and pulls Isaac out of the mess.[break][break]

”Watch your step.”[break][break]

Dust rains from the little bits of ceiling overhead, called out by a voice that seems far too old to be in that body. It’s heeded by both Reiners, the Luxrays working in tandem to ensure their Eris’ don’t go tripping over the crumbled section of steps.[break][break]

The city skies are painted with towering spires of smoke, large black plumes bursting forth from shattered windows and infrastructural meshes. Spots are carved out of ashen bricks, providing peepholes into the lives of those who once lived there, into their burning memories and how their final moments had been spent.[break][break]

The grounds are awash with a dull red, dried and baked into sprawling cracks of pavement and debris. Lifeless bodies stand where brave warriors once stood, wide gashes graffitied across any surface monsters could feasibly reach.[break][break]

Fractures of a bloody sun seep through the clouds of dark, outlining silent witnesses that have seen generations grow old. Where they might have once laughed at the frailty of humanity itself, they are tormented by cruelty and stripped of their vibrant coats, never to see the next spring on the horizon.[break][break]

Down the path, one might catch a glimpse of a pale ghost, a battered Gardevoir carrying a small white bundle as they weave through the messes left behind. Whilst the younger Eris might attempt to make a move towards the lost pokemon, Eris holds her back, shaking her head as she looks in the opposite direction.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 19:18:47 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The girl had gone out of her way to blind Isaac to everything. Had he been conscious of it, Isaac might have been proud of how hard she'd sweat the details.[break][break]

Instead, he was a mixture of guilty and fearful. He should've been the one protecting Eris. He should've been the one helping guide her through the crucible. He should've been there to keep her safe from reliving the worst day of her life. Instead, she sheltered him like she was the big sibling, leaving him blind to what lied ahead in every sense of the word. The silence was every bit the void that his closed eyes were. Even her hand stayed in its soft place around his, no sign of fearful shakes or tensed fingers.[break][break]

Maybe he was wrong. Maybe she was truly okay. But, frankly, "Eris" and "okay" weren't words that often went hand in hand. Isaac saw glimpses of it every now and then. The potential of what could have been had her mind not been shattered by the horrors of war was as heartbreaking as it was beautiful. It was something to mourn, but also something to fight for.[break][break]

He wanted to make the world of New Year festivals, bedtime stories, and world-spanning adventures into her reality.[break][break]

But right now, he consigned himself to following her wishes. Was it better for her this way? Following her wishes had gotten her into an awkward position where both the League and Rocket were running out of patience for her. It had gotten , once one of the three people she trusted most, to wash her hands of her entirely. It had gotten Rocket to treat her less like a tolerated little pet and more like a captive to batter into obedience. It had gotten her deal with the League, protection for peace, jeopardized.[break][break]

Yet Isaac couldn't help himself. He had been a child whose wants were always last priority. He couldn't bring himself to override Eris' will, even if it was for her own good. Not when the world did that to her at every turn. Not when it did the same to him.[break][break]

As Eris continued to silently guide him through a world he had no part in, he agonized over how to reconcile these warring needs. How in the world could he break the cycle Eris had put herself into without becoming just like everyone else? How could he give her the world but also give her freedom? How could he give this poor, scarred child the peace she so desperately needed?[break][break]

The only thing he knew was that giving up was never an option.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 0:30:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She's scared of asking to open his eyes, to give him a chance to see what has become of the realm. Though different in its rules in some way, the scent of death and destruction most certainly remains the same. And the quiet shuffling of the Gardevoir fades with every step they take towards the outskirts of the city.[break][break]

"This isn't the way home..." Her small voice murmurs.[break][break]

"We're not heading home." She's bitter as she speaks. But perhaps, she should've kept those emotions in check, toned it down so she wouldn't have to see that mix of confusion and upset twisting on her own face.[break][break]

"Why?"[break][break]

Momma and pa had been in the house... The fire that burnt everything... Where had her brother been? She remembers every question that had ate at her as she made the trip, every last drop of disappointment that had killed her as she struggled to make it through each day.[break][break]

"Did momma and pa get mad at you for going so far away? Or did Connie pull a mean prank?"[break][break]

She hasn't figured it out. Or rather, she pretends not to have figured it out, keeping that little flame alive that everything might go back to normal if she just heads back home. How does she burst that bubble? How does she let herself down slowly so she doesn't burn up like she has in the present?[break][break]

In that moment, her hands instinctively clench, clutching tighter to Isaac's own.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 2:00:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The younger Eris' voice was small and sad. The older Eris' voice was hard and bitter. Isaac could hardly tell which of the two had been hurt more. Perhaps they both had, in unique and horrible ways.[break][break]

Isaac had been spared the horrors of why and how. The command had not yet come for him to open his eyes, and so he obediently kept them closed. Whatever dwelled here, Eris either thought he couldn't help with or shouldn't even have to witness. Perhaps it was for the best this way. Everything he had been told about Kanto was like if Hoenn had been even worse.[break][break]

Yet while Isaac was blind, he wasn't unknowing. Isaac knew the way Eris' hand tightened around his all too well.[break][break]

She was trapped.[break][break]

He had to do something. Eris was in need. Worse still, two Erises were in need. Even worse still, he didn't even know what they were in need for. He was a stranger in a strange land, and now he was the only one left to shine through a darkness that he couldn't even see.[break][break]

But he had to try.[break][break]

"We can't really get back home right now." He wasn't lying. "Right now" would just end up being a far, far longer time than Eris could have ever expected or wanted. "There's . . . a lot going on. We'll need some time to let it settle down a bit." Perhaps the dust already settled. But Isaac didn't know that.[break][break]

"You want to hear a story while we wait?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 1:33:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Isaac's far too kind to her younger self but in doing so, he makes up for the kindness that she herself cannot offer. He'll never be able to see that flash of pain that crosses her face. Perhaps, it's better that he remains ignorant to the inner conflict she can't hide that well.[break][break]

"Isaac's right. We have to go and find Connie right now."[break][break]

If everything remained the same in this world, he would be the one that would know what to do. He might not be able to fix things, but he would at least make sure that she never stumbles down the wrong path again.[break][break]

It all begins with those first few steps, all taken in a vague direction as she tries to remember just what happened back when she'd been through this herself. With it, she tugs Isaac along, and so too will her younger self follow. They had missed each other from what she heard, that he had left a few days too early or arrived a few days too late. Either way, they couldn't afford to make a bet on whether they'd run into him back at the treehouse. So the next best thing would be to head towards any League shelter and pray they would reunite them...[break][break]

"Okay..." On the other hand, the younger Eris seems rather confused but takes comfort in that they're at least searching for someone they know. And the two Reiners will look to each other, the older one seeming to communicate the vast amounts of knowledge through a mere grunt alone. "Why are you keeping your eyes closed, Mister? Does that... help with the storytelling?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights