awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 15:31:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she has something to prove. not to fernando. not to the league. not even to alex. but to herself. her will was once unshakeable; confidence oozed from every pore in her body. after years of trepidation, of rising and falling - always falling short - she has had enough. 

her badge case is decorated with more hollow victories. at the end, she does not know if she will be satisfied, but this is enough for now. 

after checking in, she rolls lyune and aeris' ball in the palm of her hand, waiting on the pitch. 
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 16:12:38 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cianbase"]
[attr="class","cian1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

it does not take long for rustboro's gym leader to join the challenger. this one's a bit different, however, as the two have met before on a few occasions. mostly in passing, but it counts.[break][break]

or at least he hopes it does.[break][break]

"it's been a while since we last saw each other!"[break][break]

his smile is nothing short of bright.[break][break]

"how are you, freya?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]
[attr="class","cianpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.cianbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#cbb898;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cianpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 17:51:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she never did have a chance to battle for the badge when the gym was still under alex's tutelage. but that was back when she was busy with her council duties, when she'd kidded herself into thinking she had left her combat-driven days behind her. 

she had been pleased to see cian rise to the challenge and take it over in his stead. it would have been a shame for an outsider to come in and take this too. like silph took devon. 

"it's been too long," she agrees and then smiles. "honestly? good. glad to see this place still looks the same too."
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 4:25:06 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

in all honesty, he's always felt a little intimidated by the woman before him—a councilwoman whose presence almost demanded respect.[break][break]

it feels a little better now, like they're on equal footing.[break][break]

"i wanted to make sure the gym still felt the same as how he left it, you know?"[break][break]

he glances around briefly before looking back at her.[break][break]

"have you seen him? i mean, i'm sure you have, so not sure why i asked."[break][break]

the awkwardness shows in the way he chuckles.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[newclass=.cianbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cian3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 17:11:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
it has taken some time, but she has rebuilt the air she once carried with her. intense and judgmental, but where she was once a delicate arrow, waiting for the opportune moment to slip between ribs, she is now callous and cruel. a serrated dagger with lean muscle and the recklessness of a life numbed to loss. 

"i have," she answers. "i worry about him. i still can't imagine what it must be like. has he checked in at all?"

she chuckles. "and here i am, forgetting why we're here." she releases both pokeballs. the humongous salamence and his dragonair counterpart emerge, surprised to see they've been called onto an official field. three pairs of eyes look at cian expectantly. 
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 7:50:07 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

"he dropped in unannounced and scared the shit out of me, but yeah, we've spoken briefly."[break][break]

not as much as he would have liked, admittedly, but he knows the ex-champion is a busy man. even death could not change that about him.[break][break]

at the sight of three pairs of eyes, he nods, snapping back to why they're here in the first place.[break][break]

two pokeballs flash open.[break][break]

"froggies, let's do this."[break][break]

politoed's DRIZZLE activates, starting the challenge.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 17:13:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
one brow raises. she knows better than to underestimate even the smallest pokemon. many have written aeris off before, but she's the strongest in her line, even among freya's dragonite. and, while she's not entirely familiar with the frogs, they're water-types and there's a chance they have ice at their disposal.

but aeris' tail flicks and freya knows they're thinking the same thing. her thunderbolt will be able to devastate them. still, the command that falls from freya's lips is not an offensive maneuver. 

lyune shifts his weight. aeris' body twists upward, circling around him as she summons a speed boost with agility. while she prepares for the fight ahead - freya has a feeling the froggies are going to be frustrating to hit - lyune's claws glow menacingly, ready to protect her at a moment's notice.

salamence intimidate is active
dragonair uses agility
salamence holds action; will go on the offensive with dragon claw if they attack
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 4:51:56 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

slippery and hard to hit—that's their entire plan and what the froggies excel at.[break][break]

as AGILITY wraps around the dragonair, froakie responds by puking out a putrid cloud of SMOKESCREEN that spreads across the battlefield. it lingers even under the downpour.[break][break]

from out of the SMOKESCREEN comes politoed's yellow hand. it flips off the salamence, flexing its own SWAGGER.[break][break]

froakie uses smokescreen[break]
politoed uses swagger on salamence
[break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 14:08:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
unfortunately for him, lyune is not the star player of this battle. his intimidation invites exposure; the target on his back draws attention away from aeris. and the offensive aura that surrounds him courtesy of one of the froggie's swagger is a nice gift.

still, aeris will have to be careful. lyune sways on his feet, tail lashing in annoyance and frustration. "whisk away that smoke," she orders the dragon. his wings unfurl, raise, but falters, drawing power from the wrong source.

"aeris." the dragonair takes the offensive. the smokescreen doesn't matter to her. she twists in front of lyune, lashing her tail out in a wide arc. a spray of sparks fly in a wave out towards the rest of the battlefield, hoping to slow down one of their targets.

confusion
1-33 snaps out of it
34+ misses moves & damages self

salamence is confused & hurts itself!
dragonair uses thunder wave
9G5D9_BV
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 8:47:09 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]limited vision works both ways. fortunately, cian is quick to blurt out an order.

"avoid, avoid, avoid!"

froakie is quick to throw up a SUBSTITUE while politoed BOUNCES up high, both managing to avoid the THUNDER WAVE.

politoed rotates in the air with grace before coming back down to karate chop the confused salamence.
[attr="class","ciantag"]
[newclass=.cian] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.cianmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.ciantag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.cian b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.cian a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cianpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 4:44:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
oh, this is fun. the frogs are well trained. they don't even balk at getting close to the hissing dragons. still, they're fighting defensively and if this is an endurance test, lyune and aeris are the brood to surpass it with flying colors. the centuries-old dragon knows a thing or two about biding his time. 

froakie swaps places with an ethereal dummy and freya's attention darts instead to the politoed. she grins wolfishly as lyune's tail flicks, frills fanning. control snaps back into him and he pivots, rearing to the side with fiery claws outstretched to catch the falling frog in midair. 

"aeris, now," she calls. the serpent emerges from the smokescreen and blasts a thunderbolt from her tail, aiming at the ground where lyune aims to strike the pest. 

confusion
1-66 snaps out of it
67+ misses moves & damages self

salamence snaps out of it!
salamence uses dragon claw on politoed!
dragonair uses thunderbolt on politoed (and salamence)!

Vn50H2IZ
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 12:02:53 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]"cover your friend!"

froakie's quick to hop forward, surging through the SMOKESCREEN to jump in front of the incoming THUNDERBOLT that would have hurt far worse if not for its PROTEAN.

recovering from the DRAGON CLAW, politoed rolls along the ground before spitting out HYDRO PUMP at the dragonair.

froakie's SMACK DOWN comes after it hops off the ground. it targets the far larger target in the salamence, showing much heart.
[attr="class","ciantag"]
[newclass=.cian] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.cianmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.ciantag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.cian b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.cian a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cianpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 14:59:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the tide of battle shifts. thunderbolt strikes - not the intended target, and its skin doesn't crackle like it should against a water-type (protean, she thinks, slightly irked). but aeris and lyune are finally on the offensive and with the surge of energy from the politoed's earlier gift still swimming in lyune's muscles, his melee attacks are going to pack a punch

the hydro pump catches aeris at her tail, sending her spinning back into the smokescreen. lyune's wings are still pinned to his back. the smack down strikes him on the snout and he jerks his head back, more annoyed than hurt. 

another dragon claw swipes through the air, this time at the froakie. lyune's chest rumbles. a snarl slips past his maw. and aeris, hidden by the smokescreen, listens intently and knows exactly where to strike at the politoed. 

a thunderbolt arcs out from the cover, aimed directly at the green frog. 

salamence is hit by smack down (pff, puny creature)
dragonair is hit by hydro pump
salamence uses dragon claw on froakie
dragonair is hidden in the smokescreen - uses thunderbolt on politoed
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 16:11:28 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]HYDRO PUMP erupts before the DRAGON CLAW connects, the pressure of which forces the froakie back and away.

the spark of yellow is enough to let cian know to yell out, "incoming zap-zap!" which allows politoed the opportunity to turn to spit out a MUD SHOT. it blocks the THUNDERBOLT, keeping itself safe from harm.

"well done, poggies! keep it up!"
[attr="class","ciantag"]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rainfall [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 16:54:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
water pools around lyune's feet, a riptide current still not strong enough to force the dragon back. the frog darts out from under him and claws score into the pitch instead. he hisses in frustration as his slippery prey gets away from him again. 

thunderbolt meets wet, churning earth and the politoed remains unscathed. the smokescreen is beginning to fade now and aeris' blue scales ripple through the haze. 

lyune's tail makes the water from the froakie's hydro pump ripple around him. one side of the field is soaked. the other...

"aeris, use mist." condensation coalesces and a foggy cloud rolls out from the dragonair in waves. "both of you - up high." 

lyune's velvety wings unfurl. metal supporting his torn muscle glitters as he leaps into the air. aeris darts out from her cover and meets him in the middle, far above the two frogs. she needs a moment to recover, but lyune circles in anticipation, watching the small creatures beneath them.

dragonair uses mist
salamence holds his action ;)