Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,491 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 3:01:58 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

A trio of Audino swarmed a tall man, as he sat in a recliner on his porch. Thomas smiled, picking them up, and giving each of them a big hug, and an affectionate nuzzle. Upon receiving his affection, the Audino would let out sweet, joyful sounds. Thomas couldn't help but feel his heart warm in the presence of the trio.

Soon, an Eevee would join them, hopping into Thomas' lap. Thomas would run his hand through the fluff of the Eevee. The Eevee would eat up the man's affection, before rolling over onto his back, and allowing him to rub his belly. Thomas would rub and gently scratch at the Eevee's small belly, much to the little one's delight.

Footsteps caught the attention of the Audino trio, as they rushed over to greet the oncoming guest.

tags:
notes: Mission Start - Nurse Joy

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 18:33:14 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The sound of footsteps racing up towards the ranch could be heard as a familiar pink headed girl and her Rotomphone were racing towards the porch of the ranch. Just as they were coming into view, a familiar voice would shriek out. "Thomas! I need your help!" She was panting by the time she had gotten close, Vanilla trying to catch her breath to explain what had happened although no words came out. This wasn't helped either by the tears streaming down her eyes, the absolute fear of losing a Pokémon that was ultimately on her alone.

Thankfully Proxii was present to go and translate.

"We were training our new Skeledirge when we ran into a super tough poison type. It poisoned it with something and the stores are all out of antidotes nearby. Can you help her?"

Vanilla threw out the pokeball containing the poisoned fire croc, its warm form faltering as it let out a pained, lethargic cry. Even the small fire bird resting atop its head would seem restless, drooped over the side of the croc's body. The young trainer had caught her breath, looking up at the man with pleading eyes, her voice nearly screaming. "Th-This is all my fault! I'm sorry, I messed up! Please save Cayenne!"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,491 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 18:47:32 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Audino would notice the teenager rushing to the porch. All they could do was follow her.

"Vanilla? What's wrong?", Thomas immediately asked.

As she attempted to communicate with him, one of the three Audino, Bunni, approached her from the side, offering her a hug to comfort her. Thankfully, the Rotom was able to tell Thomas what was going on.

"Of course. My Audinos are all naturals at this sort of thing.", Thomas told them.

Seeing the Skeledirge's state caused the man to frown. Thankfully, his Audinos were naturals when it came to treating Poisoned Pokemon. Pulse and Dede would immediately approach the fire crocodile, using their ability as Healers to treat the poisoned Fire-type.

Bunni would emit a Heal Pulse through the hug she gave the girl, in an attempt to help calm her down.

The Eevee would hop off of his master's lap, approaching the lass. He wanted to help Bunni calm her down.

tags:
notes: Two Audino use Healer to cure the Poisoned Skeledirge
One Audino used Heal Pulse to try to calm Vanilla down

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 22:32:30 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Flustered and emotions spilling out, Vanilla would lower herself and hug Bunni the Audino. It was one of pure desperation and uncertainty, squeezing the little pink thing for everything it had. Proxii, looking down at the sight, would quickly scan the Audino as it let out a soft chime and added its entry into his system. QWCK!

"It's all my fault. If I had known that stupid frog knew Toxic…I'm sorry, I'm the worst trainer ever! I just don't want her to die…" She continued to bawl, though her tantrum was lessened as the Audino used Heal Pulse to calm her down.

Proxii caught sight of the Eevee running up to Vanilla and scanned it quickly as well. QWCK! The teen felt a little bit better at least, sniffling as she wiped her tears, reaching to gently try and pet the Eevee. "So these Audino can heal wounds just like that, huh?" Proxii said, hovering beside Thomas while watching the two work their magic on Cayenne. The Skeledirge had stopped groaning, finding some comfort at last. The Audinos had both begun the task of eliminating the poison in his system, as the fire type began to rest. "Amazing. We could have used these back in Galar for sure."

Now a bit more calm, Vanilla was seated on the ground, just whining every now and again as she would watch with bated breath about what would happen to Cayenne. She didn't know what she would do if one of her team died so suddenly after catching them…

Scanned:

Audino, the Hearing Pokémon. This Pokémon has a kind heart. By touching with its feelers, Audino can gauge other creatures' feelings and physical conditions. Its auditory sense is astounding. It has a radar-like ability to understand its surrounding through slight sounds.

Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon. Eevee's genetic code is irregular. Its ability to evolve into many forms allows it to adapt smoothly and perfectly to any environment. The question of why only Eevee has such unstable genes has still not been solved to this day.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,491 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 5:42:42 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Bunni would wrap her arms around Vanilla as she held onto her. As the girl's arms tightened around her, she leaned in closer.

"Vanilla, you shouldn't blame yourself for that. Toxic is a dangerous attack, for sure, and Poison-types are especially dangerous with it. But there's little in the ways to find out, other than to watch them use it.", he'd tell her.

He wasn't sure if Proxii was able to determine Movesets.

The Eevee rubbed his head into her hand as she petted him. The little guy would climb up on top of Bunni's head, in order to make it easier for her to access him.

Things began to look up for the Skeledirge, as the Audino were able to purge the toxins out of her system. They would occasionally emit Heal Pulses, in an attempt to further soothe her.

"Are you okay physically? Were any of your other teammates hurt?", Thomas would inquire.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 8:56:48 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The Heal Pulse was working its magic on Vanilla, as the younger girl was able to talk without becoming any more hysterical. She whined again, taking in Thomas' words to her as she shook her head in shame. "I should have had her train more. Ugh, I just wanted her to grow stronger, not kill her!" She continued to petting the Eeevee on top of Bunni's head. Her arms went to gently pet and prod the little guy's fur collar and ears, her eyes falling upon him while her tutor helped ease her into things.

The Audino had fully gotten the poison out of Cayenne's system. The Skeledirge seemed visibly more at ease now. Even the small firebird dancing along its head had perked up a bit now. "She's not fully healed, but the poison is out of her system! She's saved!" Proxii celebrated, spinning around once to celebrate the achievement. Vanilla shook her head as Thomas' answer, still upset although recovering well enough. "I'm fine, just...Thank you." She sat with the Audino and Eevee, still hugging both dearly as she needed the extra confidence to feel worthwhile again.

"Thank you for saving her. Cayenne will probably want to thank you herself when she's fully awake."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,491 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 17:11:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Bunni continued to embrace Vanilla with her stubby little arms, letting out soft cries. The Eevee would nuzzle her cheek gently.

"I can't fault you for training your team to be stronger.", he'd tell her. "Best way for them to get experience is through battle, after all.", he'd reassure her.

Pulse and Dede would let out happy little cries as they successfully purged the poison from the Skeledirge's body. The pink and cream-colored duo would snuggle into the fire crocodile as she rested, both giving her yet another Heal Pulse to help her recover from her ordeal.

"I'm glad to hear you're fine, Vanilla.", Thomas told her with a gentle smile. "Is the Pokemon that did this to her still out there?", he'd inquire.

tags:

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 21:50:08 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The Eevee's soft fur was at least some sort of consolation to the girl's previous dire cries. Another rub of her eyes on her jacket came, drying her eyes while she looked over at the resting Skeledirge with the other two Audinos. Relieved to see it in much better shape, she'd let out a sigh of relief. "Maybe she's not ready just yet. Cayenne is still recovering from when I caught her on Mt. Pyre." she said to herself in thought.

"I mean, yeah, technically it's still out there." Proxii said, the Rotomphone looked to the older male with a quizzical expression. "How are we supposed to find one specific Pokémon out of who knows how many in this forest?"

Vanilla frowned at Thomas, hesitant on answering his question. "What will you do when you find it? I-I don't want you to hurt it." She said, furrowing her brows. "This is my fault anyway…"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,491 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 22:02:54 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When the Audino duo were confident that the Skeledirge just needed rest, they would snuggle up to the fire crocodile gently. Pulse, the one with the longer, puffier coat of fur, let out a soft, affectionate cry as he nuzzled the Fire-type gently.

Gene would gently lick Vanilla's cheek gently. Bunni would continue to sweetly snuggle up to the lass. She was happy that the girl was starting to cheer up.

"Just had to know if the culprit was captured, or otherwise accounted for. I should see about setting up a bulletin for travelers. What kind of Pokemon was it, exactly?", he inquired. He knew that Proxii could answer that question.

"If I were to encounter it, I'd capture them as humanely as possible. I imagine they will put up a fight, but I have Pokemon equipped to deal with Toxic users.", he'd tell her.

Other Poison-types, Steel-types, Freke the Alakazam. Though the latter would be the best bet, if the culprit was a Salandit, or Salazzle.

"After capture, I'd treat them, and evaluate them carefully. Most likely, they'll be donated to a trainer who can handle them, once they're deemed fit to be with a Trainer.", he'd admit to her.

That was, if he didn't eventually befriend them himself, and choose to keep them.

"But to be honest, the bulletin will likely be the start and end of my involvement. Another traveler will probably encounter them down the line, if they haven't already."

tags:

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 6:50:33 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
She continued to pet Gene's fur, trying to stifle some laughter as some snickering came every now and again. How come she ever stay sad or upset at such a cute face? Even the Audino she was hugging could feel that she was doing better. Cayenne, currently resting on her side, would finally open her eyes to glance at the two healers. The Skeledirge rolled back over onto its flat stomach before letting out a soothed yet restless cry. While not as spirited as it usually was, the sound of its singing voice did provide some relief to those around it.

"Ah, that makes sense." Vanilla repeated from Thomas, finally releasing her grip on the Audino by her to focus exclusively on showering Gene with head pats, hugs and more! "I guess it's one way to let everyone know that something dangerous is in the area."

The Rotom flipped his screen open at the question, pulling up scan data of the Pokémon that had been catalogued before Cayenne had become fully poisoned. "It was this one, a Drapion. But this one was huge! I couldn't measure it since I was busy running to catch up with Vanilla, but he was easily at least six foot. I didn't even know they could get that tall."

A bit relieved to hear that he wouldn't be turning the Drapion into mushed stew, Vanilla would frown, hesitating to say something as she looked down at Gene for a bit. Her fingers gently massaged his fluffy cheeks, her glasses sliding down to the tip of her nose before being pushed back up. "T-Thomas..." the teen said, frowning. "I wanna take it down myself. To make sure I won't repeat this same mistake."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,491 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 18:09:47 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Eevee cried out softly and happily as he saw Vanilla cheer up further. He would continue to nuzzle and lick her cheek affectionately. Bunni herself hummed out happily.

As the Skeledirge rolled onto her stomach, Pulse would nuzzle his fluffy cheek onto the scaly hide of the beast gently and affectionately.

Gene would practically eat up the girl's affection, continuing to nuzzle and lick her in response. Bunni would give her the chance to pick up the Eevee in her arms, before going back over to her master's side. Thomas would pick up the Audino, and hold her close.

"A Drapion that large? Sounds like an Alpha Drapion, which is rather concerning.", he remarked. He was confident his Pokemon could handle it. But if another traveler were to encounter it, who knows how bad it could get? "It's rare for a Drapion to resort to its toxins. They generally prefer to utilize their immense strength to brute force their way through problems.", he'd continue.

Was this one an exception? Or did Vanilla manage to push it to that point?

"I'll respect your wishes, Vanilla. But I'll give you some advice for taking on a Drapion. They're a Poison and Dark-type Pokemon, which is a potent defensive combination. Dark and Poison together neutralize, or eliminate, most of their weaknesses.", he'd begin. "The one type that will have greater effect on them is Ground. And while Drapion's exoskeleton is extremely tough, they are vulnerable to Special Attacks. If you have something that can utilize Earth Power, that's what I recommend going with.", he'd advise her.

"Though if what Proxii described is accurate, be aware that Alpha Pokemon are some of the toughest of their species. So you're gonna have a long battle ahead of you. If you'd like, I can spot you some Full Heals, and some Hyper Potions.", he'd offer.

tags:

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 21:42:04 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
"You're so fluffy~" Vanilla said in a baby voice, cooing at Gene as he'd continued to receive the entire suite of what her hands would fluff and pet against him. She continued for a while, looking back up at Thomas as she'd stand back up onto two feet once more. Proxii showed him the Pokémon that had been responsible for poisoning Cayenne, as the younger trainer walked up to her Rotom with a frown. But then came that term she hadn't heard before. "An Alpha Drapion? So it's the leader of them or something?" she asked curiously before then letting him continued. "And Cayenne did put up a good fight. That's why it used Toxic, since it couldn't overpower it."

Her hand fell onto the Skeledirge, who had been happily accepting the cheek brushing from Pulse. The fire type spewed out a warm fire, the chick sitting atop its beak flittering around. It seemed to try and return the gesture to the Audino by using its tail and brush against it was well.

In his abundance of knowledge, Thomas would at least give her some pointers on what she could do to make battling the Drapion easier. Unfortunately, it was a solid typing and Cayenne or most of her Pokémon wouldn't be too much help in exploiting a weakness like that. Proxii returned to his trainer's side and hovered beside the girl. He wore a contemplating expression while thinking of a strategy. "So if we wanna take this thing down, we're gunna have to be strategic about it. I don't think we have any Ground-type moves on us." Vanilla began to pace around in thought about what they could do. She lit up as Thomas offered to help her with potions and such, looking at her available Pokémon.

"I'd appreciate it." she said, looking back down at Gene while nuzzling her head against his. "I'm going to need everyone I can for this fight. I think I can buy some Antidotes and things, but what kind of Pokémon should I not take with me?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,491 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 0:07:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Gene would continue to cry out happily and affectionately as he ate up the girl's affection. It was clear that the little Eevee was really enjoying her company.

"An Alpha Pokemon is essentially a Pokemon of the largest known sizes. For example, Ripper, my Scizor, is considered an Alpha Scizor.", he'd clarify to her.

The hulking insect was elsewhere on the Ranch, training with some of the other Pokemon.

"I see. Then your Skeledirge put up one hell of a fight, especially if it caused an Alpha Drapion to get so desperate.", he'd tell her.

"So in terms of Pokemon you don't want to bring along, I'd avoid Grass or Fairy-types, especially Pokemon with such a Type Combination. I'd also advise against using Physical attacks on a Drapion, given their exoskeletons allow them to eat them with disgusting ease. Psychic-type attacks will have no effect on Drapion, thanks to its Dark-typing.", he'd relay to her.

That was, unless they had access to Miracle Eye.

"And if the Toxins come up again, a Full Heal or Antidote should take care of them. Though if you have a Pokemon with Aromatherapy or Heal Bell, they will provide invaluable support. Both moves cure Status Afflictions of your allies, even if they are in their Pokeballs.", he'd inform her.

tags:

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 6:35:56 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
An oversized Drapion that was her barrier to growth?! This would be quite the challenge for her. Vanilla was confident that they could find some kind of way to overcome this gigantic scorpion that had hurt her fire croc Pokémon! Thomas did have more deets on the strategy, which looked pretty dire. No grass Pokemon was easy enough to follow as she had almost none, but Fairy typings being at a disadvantage meant that Ribbon would be nose use against this beast. The trainer huffed in thought, mulling inside of her mind for one of her team that could solve this little disparity.

"That's not a good sign. I'm not sure I have anybody on my team that can use a Ground Type move." Vailla said as she looked over towards Cayenne. Her hands continued to stroke Gene's fur in the meantime. It was strange, having probably every type of move but ground types. And sadly, most of her team was physical attackers. Maybe Cauli could help? "What about Dragon-types? Would they help? They're supposed to be super strong against everything."

Oh, the naiviety of a newbie!

"I don't have Aromatherapy or anything like that besides potions, but I can at least try and figure out what to do with that dirty Drapion. Do you have any other advice that could help me?" she asked. Proxii let out a chirping noise as he'd quickly float in front of his trainer.

"Oh, we almost forgot." Proxii said, showing a picture of the recently caught Koffing they had caught in the Safari Zone. But if Thomas were to look at it, the color of the Pokémon would be different entirely. "Vanilla went to the Safari Zone a week ago and caught this Koffing there, but it's not the right color compared to the others we saw. Is it sick or something?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,491 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Back to Full (Mission)
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 0:04:21 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Actually, your Skeledirge there could learn Earth Power. She'd just need the appropriate TM, and she's good to go.", he'd point out to Vanilla.

"While Dragon-types tend to be very strong and resilient, they aren't quite the end all one would think.", he would begin. "Unfortunately, most of them are just as vulnerable to Poison and Toxins as most other Pokemon. And with Drapion being a Poison-type, they are masters of landing their Toxic venom with unnerving accuracy.", he'd inform her.

"Poison-types and Steel-types are immune to being Poisoned or Toxified. See if you can have one act as interference, should it try to use Toxic again.", he'd advise her.

Speaking of which, Proxii showed him a picture of a Koffing that was a different color than the norm. Thomas could only chuckle at what he saw. "No, there's nothing wrong with the Koffing. You just got extremely lucky.", he'd point out.

"That's what we call a Shiny Pokemon. Special Pokemon with rare coloration. They are exceedingly rare to find in the wild.", he would explain to them.

"Though that Koffing could aid you by shielding your Pokemon from Toxic.", he'd point out.

tags: