Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Sworn Brothers, Now and Forever [A Rusted Shield Story]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 3:54:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]When the dust settled on the first of many invasions, Isaac had no idea what to expect. He hadn't thought much about his plan. He hadn't prepared a team ready to weather a full on onslaught. He certainly didn't come into this with any grand ambitions of his own. He simply did what he hoped was the right thing, a chance at redeeming himself for the sins and frustrations of another world.[break][break]

He certainly didn't expect to see Motostoke's peasants coming out from their shelter, one by one bending the knee before him.[break][break]

This had to have been some sort of mistake, right? had been the one to lead the charge on fending off the massive Mega Garbodor, and she had also been the one to finish it off. If anything, she should have earned the crowd's admiration as she stood over the shrinking titan. Others manned the gates with a fervent fury, taking down the broken Articuno and its warped followers before they even had the chance to breach. Among them was , who navigated situations like this with an all-too-practiced ease. Wouldn't they be more fitting?[break][break]

Yet there was one standing shoulder to shoulder with Isaac, even in the face of all of this. Caleb, who worked with Isaac in near-perfect synergy to both batter down the hordes of monstrous hands and put the titanic Garbodor in its place. Caleb, who stood strong and proud even in the face of such a sudden spotlight. Caleb, who despite the tragedies he'd survived had an endless desire to make this world right.[break][break]

Maybe there was some of that in Isaac, too. Maybe there was more of it than he gave himself credit for.[break][break]

He wasn't alone here. Even far from the majority of their group, far from the rest of the ill-fated mission, far from any trace of home, he would never be alone. Not while Caleb was here. Not while he had someone he could rely on no matter how upside down the world turned. Not while he had someone who, in turn, relied on him just as much. Despite being like the big brother Isaac never had, Caleb almost seemed to admire him in turn.[break][break]

Now he understood how must have felt.[break][break]

Around them, the people spoke. Heroes. Legends. Kings. Before Isaac could even say anything, two peasants ran up bearing tarnished and worn crowns. It wasn't much. Any sort of glamour and grace had been ravaged by the nightmares of this realm long before they had arrived. Nonetheless, it was their treasure and their title, and they offered them to Isaac and Caleb without a shred of hesitation.[break][break]

It was hard not to feel like he'd fallen into shoes belonging to someone far greater. Nonetheless, Isaac turned to look at Caleb, a somewhat bashful smile on his face. He may not have been anything great, but there was a task that they needed to rise to. Maybe, just maybe, Isaac could defy the odds and live up to such greatness.[break][break]

"What do you think?"

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 2:23:02 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

When it was all said and done, they handed him a crown.[break][break]
A crown?[break][break]
He stared down at it for a good, long time before he even thought to put it on his head. It was a corroded, tarnished thing, like the city itself, and it felt far too heavy in his hands. He thanked the woman who'd handed it to him - a kindly peasant with tired eyes - and turned to face the man next to him, the person he'd been fighting side-by-side with until they'd all, collectively, finally defeated the massive Garbodor and the Articuno's armies.[break][break]
"I think there's been some sort of mistake," he murmured to . His body ached in a bone-weary way, and he felt rattled by the relentless, violent nature of the poisoned Pokémon. All around him, people kneeled, swearing fealty to Caleb and Isaac. Even dipped her head to them in respect; she'd been with them throughout the battle - courageous and clever - but even she seemed to feel they were deserving of the sudden elevation to kingship.[break][break]
That's what the peasants were chanting: All hail the kings of Motostoke![break][break]
And who was he, in that moment, to argue with them? Who was he to deny them? The beaten down people of this strange memory of Motostoke were in desperate need of a silver lining, something to keep them going. Sometimes, all it took was the right sort of leader to inspire the most powerful remedy of all for grief and pain: hope.[break][break]
"He's the one you want," Caleb tried to tell them, deferring to Isaac. "He's the real hero."[break][break]
Isaac was the one who'd rallied them. Isaac was the one who'd protected them. Isaac was the one who had bolstered all of their attacks, with words and his powered up armor. Caleb had merely heeded his call, which had felt like the right thing to do. Deeper still, Caleb had wanted to ensure that a surplus of courage didn't kill the younger man.[break][break]
Isaac's life was precious, after all. Caleb had promised to help Isaac make it out of Rocket alive.[break][break]
But here in this Galar-that-wasn't-Galar, in a time-outside-of-time, Rocket and League were suddenly meaningless labels, their faction conflict a footnote in comparison to the larger war going on between the poison and the kneeling peasants.[break][break]
We did what the Calyrex wanted, Caleb thought. Play along, and we'll be sent home.[break][break]
So he put the crown on his head, even though its weight was an uncomfortable symbol of an authority he did not feel he deserved.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Goodbye Galar: Shield (Social Spinoff Thread)[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]--accent:#3ad1e1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 3:10:03 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Three days ago, Caleb tried to tell Isaac that he was the real choice of king. Three days ago, Isaac told him there was nobody he'd rather have ruling by his side. So what if neither of them felt ready? So what if neither of them thought they were fit to carry such a burden? So what if neither of them had all the answers?[break][break]

Today, they would make all of the answers.[break][break]

"Education. Think that's gotta be our first priority," Isaac said. "Makes everything else easier, y'know? There's only a small handful of us, and who knows how many of the others are gonna play along? But if we can show Galar even half of what we've figured out hundreds of years from now . . ."[break][break]

" 'Sides. We gotta make sure they're okay when we're gone, right?"[break][break]

The goal was to get back home. It always had been. It always would be. There were too many people that needed him. There were too many people that he needed. Sure, he was away from Rocket's chain of command. Sure, he still had Caleb, , and to rely on, who made up a solid chunk of his ten favorite people. And sure, he was being treated like a king, a novelty that was both overwhelming and kind of exciting-[break][break]

Broken down like this, things didn't seem so bad. But this was a dream. A fantasy. The dying memories of a once great king. They weren't a substitute for his life. They couldn't be. There were people counting on him and he couldn't just abandon them. At least if he planted the seeds of something greater in his wake, he wouldn't feel so bad when the Galarians realized their stay was temporary.[break][break]

"Infrastructure, too. This city's seen better days. But it was a big industrial hotspot before, right? That means we've got a lot of room to work with." There was no chance of running trains. Not through the gloom that surrounded the memory world. But they had a head start on bringing this city back to life, and by god, they'd take it. "The more we set up now, the less we need to work in the future. Win-win, yeah?"[break][break]

Throwing himself into planning was the easiest solution. When Isaac's mind wandered, it could either tumble down the crevices of scars etched down his psyche, or it could soar high on a rising wind of new ideas and endeavors. Needless to say, #2 was far preferable. Maybe he was going a little hard with it, but an entire city depended on them. He had to, right?[break][break]

". . . Still feels so weird, doesn't it?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 3:13:10 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Three days in, it definitely still felt weird.[break][break]
Calyrex did not return. Those from Hoenn were not sent home. The reasons why were beyond Caleb; the scientifically inclined - such as - might look for answers in the landscape, the constellations, the energies of this strange memory, but that wasn't Caleb's specialty. All he knew was that an entire city's worth of peasants were relying on him and Isaac to lead them, so they'd better come up with a plan fast.[break][break]
Isaac had all the ideas. The way he enthusiastically rambled on to Caleb in their makeshift "castle" (the hotel attached to the central train station) turned Caleb's mouth up in an amused grin. Isaac's hope was infectious: the animated way he seemed to know exactly what was needed to inspire a group of downtrodden people who'd, quite literally, lived through hell.[break][break]
He left the "smart" stuff to Isaac. Education, infrastructure, resource management. He offered to do some of the hard labor, but many insisted that such work was not fit for a king. How he hated the title at first, wore it like a brand of shame rather than a badge of honor. The crown would have gathered dust if not for Isaac's constant reminders that symbols mattered.[break][break]
In times of war, they especially mattered.[break][break]
SIX MONTHS[break][break]
It was war that Caleb knew the most about, in the end, and so he took it upon himself to direct the effort of setting up a city watch. After pointed out the ominous prophecy, scrawled creepily across the city walls, they agreed that training grounds could prove useful. An armory was built and a forge established, which Caleb entrusted to .[break][break]
The former Ranger spent a few hours every day at the training grounds, practicing Pokémon battling and traditional combat with the peasants. Men and women who were of age were encouraged to spar with the king; at first, nobody showed up, afraid to fight one of their leaders. And then one day, a woman barely a day over eighteen challenged him to a sword fight. She kicked his ass, and for the first time in what felt like months (centuries?) he laughed until his sides hurt.[break][break]
Swords had never been his thing, but he got better and better as more of the peasants offered to practice with him. He caught on quickly, having lived most of his adult life as a trained assassin. He had the athleticism, he just needed to learn the right techniques. Every night he went to bed with an aching body and a satisfied, exhausted mind.[break][break]
The less he could ruminate on the fact that they were trapped in a very detailed cage, the better.[break][break]
"We need to learn more about the land outside the city walls," he said to Isaac one day, the two of them surveying the reconstruction of a Pokémon Center and multi-use medical bay. "I could lead an expedition with a few others, perhaps." But not you, his tone implied. Isaac's life was far too precious to risk.[break][break]
Even after six months, Caleb still thought of Isaac as their true king.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Goodbye Galar: Shield (Social Spinoff Thread)[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]--accent:#3ad1e1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 0:39:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Caleb wasn't the only king focused on direct action, of course. He and Isaac just went about it in different ways.[break][break]

Caleb largely kept away from the capital K parts of his duty; the courts, the policies, the diplomacy, the delegation. Maybe it was because he still felt unworthy of it. Maybe it was because he wanted to shield Isaac from risking his own neck. But he preferred to treat his role almost symbolically, leading from the front and tackling the dirtier work Isaac shouldn't have to.[break][break]

Oh, how Isaac envied him. But whenever he tried to admit that, Caleb pointed out that the people needed him. If Caleb was the lantern in the unknown darkness, Isaac was the lighthouse over their home city. He was their beacon. He was their inspiration. If anything were to happen to him, the city would be in shambles.[break][break]

Sometimes, Isaac wondered if it was the people who believed that, or if it was Caleb.[break][break]

Nevertheless, if that was where he could help most, then that was where he'd be. When their scared mob of peasants started taking the form of courts and industries, he was on the frontlines of working with them. In a perfect world, he'd want to make all of their hopes come true. But if anyone knew there was no such thing as a perfect world, it was Isaac.[break][break]

He couldn't just magically pull the city of their dreams out of his ass. But he could at least plant the seeds to make it happen. He'd always had an eye for people's talents and passions, and by aiming the right people in the right directions, he could make a world of difference. His role as king was no different from his role as Pokemon trainer; strength came from unity, and it was going to take both the past and the future striving as one to help them survive this new world.[break][break]

Not every plan was a perfect one. Not every idea bore fruit. Already, there were times he had to make hard choices about what to prioritize and who to replace. But he'd faced these challenges with kindness and understanding, and that made even the bitter pills that little bit easier to swallow.[break][break]

That wasn't to say he and Caleb's roles were completely distinct. Whenever Caleb confessed his dreams for a better world, Isaac fervently fought for them in the courts. He didn't care how shy his fellow king was about the spotlight; he refused to let that mean his insights fell on deaf ears. Often, he received the credit anyway, but he knew Caleb would know the truth.[break][break]

At the same time, Isaac wasn't letting the skills and had taught him go to waste. Even if he didn't have the hours Caleb could burn at the training grounds, he practiced swordplay and grappling among his royal guard. At times, he even trained with his own Pokemon, though he learned a harsh lesson about never telling a Lucario to stop holding back.[break][break]

Considering all of the above, it was no surprise when Isaac bristled a little when Caleb brought up his expedition idea. "You're not the only one capable here, you know," he said, having become far too familiar with what this tone meant by now. "And . . . I'm not the only one they value. The people can't afford to lose you, either."[break][break]

"Neither can I."[break][break]

He had to make that clear. He couldn't let that shadow hang over the rest of their reign. But with it out of his system, a soft smile spread across his face. "But there's nobody I'd trust more to take charge on this. Just send a signal if you run into too much trouble, okay? I'll be there."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,675 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 6:49:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(NO REWARDS)
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB