5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
in the dark of the night [gg]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 20:22:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He took another breath.

Why did this remind him of that one time he visited ’s little shop and he’d literally fumbled on the arrow he’d fired?

At least now… three years of (re)learning how to do this, especially from scratch—he felt more confident now, more than ever.

(That was also three years of rejecting all those proposals. When would that shit end?!)

Looking down at the rudimentary ‘bow’ he’d wrought out of the sturdiest branch he could find in the forests near Hammerlocke, he pulled an arrow, and slung it into position, pulling the drawstring back.

He still had the habit of closing one of his eyes, though, to get better aim. Why was that? He… he had no idea why he did it, but it was a habit.

The target wasn’t too far away. He’d have to hit it again, and again, and again

The arrow was then loosed from the string.

He didn’t know he’d been distancing himself from most everyone in the city—he hadn’t heard back from ’s letter yet, at least. Maybe there was something going down where she was…?

timeline: three years, six months to their arrival in Hammerlocke

(timeskip FC is Yuri Leclerc from FE3H)

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 20:07:32 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Three and a half arduous years, stuck defending Hammerlocke, desperately awaiting the coming prophecy. How long would they be there? And what of their world? What would they return to? Would his Ranch still stand? Would be alright?

All he could do was immerse himself in his duties, to distract himself from these thoughts. Though what truly helped him keep his sanity was the bonds he had with those who came with him.

One such individual, , had begun to hole himself up, it seemed. The Kalosian was greatly concerned for his friend. So when he found he was in the forest, Thomas made his way to greet him.

He spotted the Gym Leader practicing his archery with a rudimentary bow. He would go around where Alexei was firing his arrows, so as not to get himself shot. Finally, he would approach Alexei from behind, waiting for the Unovan to finish with his shot, before calling out to him.

"Alexei, everything alright?", Thomas finally inquired.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 21:23:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Due to the darkness, he wasn’t able to see where, or if the arrow had landed—and then a quiet voice shattered the silence, making him turn around.

“Well, as ‘alright’ as it can be, considering how long we’ve been here,” he began quietly as he reached for another arrow, but did not nock it to the string.

“Are you done with your work?” he continued in that same quiet voice, flexing his fingers as he was itching to keep them busy.

“Or are you just setting out for the evening?”

Time… really didn’t mean much to him anymore at this point. It was all just a blur, living from day to day and practicing what he’d been picking up on throughout their stay here.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 2:51:58 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Can relate.", Thomas replied to the man solemnly.

Try as he might, the distractions could only do so much.

"My shift is over. Thought I might check in on you, before I turn in.", he'd tell Alexei.

"You got someone waiting for you back home?", he'd inquire.

Thomas had admittedly lost touch with Alexei after his departure from the League. Despite this, he kept his old friend in his thoughts. Worried if that scumbag might try to finish what he started all those years ago. Or if someone else would make an attempt on his life.

Gallium would pop out from his cloak, waddling over to greet Alexei.

tags:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 6:08:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“As the sun sets, the moon rises,” he chuckled quietly as he hefted the bow up, loading the arrow and taking aim.

Once the next arrow had flown into the darkness—and landed somewhere with an audible fwip noise, he turned to face the other man.

“I’m heading out after I finish a few rounds of practice here. Didn’t realize you were the day’s watch—I told I’d gladly take the evening hours for him.”

When he asked if there was someone waiting for him, though, he froze.

Taking a few breaths so as not to panic, he closed his eyes and willed himself not to have another breakdown. He’d been having so many of those while practicing out here, alone.

“Well… you—you could say that, yes,” he admitted. “Didn’t you know I’ve turned down so many proposal requests because of that?”

He doesn’t miss the little strange… silver-colored Pokémon approaching them, either, as he quirked his eyebrows up in silent question at the companion.

“Not your usual Audino, I take.”

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 6:42:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas listened to what the man had to say.

"Yeah, I heard buzz surrounding the rejections. I don't see why they have to make a fuss about it, to be honest.", he'd tell Alexei.

"You could say I have someone back home, as well.", he'd begin. "Though she - went missing before the events at the Ultra Sea happened. Before all this happened, I was looking for her, desperately. And now I can't help but worry about what happened to her.", he confided in his friend.

"Don't you remember Gallium? I introduced the little guy to Zelle a few years ago.", he'd tell Alexei.

"I take it Zelle's back home?"

tags:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 6:53:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“They don’t get it, I don’t think they’ll ever get it.”

See, even back here in ye olde medieval Galar there was a ‘grapevine’ of rumors. Yes, rumor mills existed even in archaic places such as this.

“You remember one of the kings, ? How they proposed to a commoner… it was if my memory isn’t mistaken—and that was. Taboo. You know. Royalty associating with the common folk, that kind of thing.”

That was how he saw it on surface level, at least. But for someone like him, who intricately knew how it was like being, well, gay, there was the entire other can of Orthworm to deal with.

“They’re gay, Tom. L-like me. That… that’s why I keep rejecting all the proposals they throw at me.”

When he mentioned that even he was looking for someone, and was hoping that they were alive and well, he couldn’t help but sympathize with the other man as well. He then reached out and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

“We’ve all… lost someone close to us. Time really does have a stupid way of screwing us over, wouldn’t you think so?”

And then the mention of another name… one he thought he’d never hear again.

“…yeah, she is. Probably causing mayhem and mass destruction,” he joked a little. Because the both of them knew that Phiones were just as harmless as wet toilet paper, so that last part was meant in jest.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 7:44:53 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would continue to hear his friend out. All he could do was frown at his lamentations. Yes, the union between and was a controversial one. But at the end of the day, Thomas didn't really feel it was something to worry about. After all, they were all too busy surviving in this new world.

"Right. I understand how frustrating it must be to deal with the unwanted proposals, especially with that in mind.", he'd sympathize with Alexei.

Thomas chuckled at the thoughts of Zelle causing trouble. He could only hope that she had good company, or at least someone competent to watch over her.

"Alexei, you notice anything wrong with this place? Like it's some sort of dream, or nightmare?", he'd ask.

It wasn't his first time being trapped in a nightmare. Though unlike that one horrifying night, this one dragged on for years. And given the nature of what seemed to have stuck them there, he didn't know how they'd come out. Would they come out aged however long they were stuck? Was time progressing at the same pace back home? What would they come back home to?

tags:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 2:46:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I don’t know how to make them stop. I already have a prepared response, but it feels so. Flat. I don’t know about you, but I’m surprised nobody’s asked for your hand in marriage at this point too.”

Sometimes, even the ‘people’ of Hammerlocke got desperate…

Not him, though.

There was… there was nothing to be gained from the ‘shades’ that populated the world—there was a certain… something about them that constantly set off his ‘heebie jeebie’ radar that always kept him on high alert.

“It’s kind of like… you know, have you noticed how some of the normal people that live here in Hammerlocke… kind of have a slight resemblance to people that we know back home?” he hummed quietly.

As for his ‘dream or nightmare’ question, he wasn’t too sure either.

“Explain my hair changing color, then,” he mused quietly as he flicked some stray strands away. “Then again, dreams and nightmares always have this cop out of ‘feeling too real’ when it’s highly immersive…”

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 17:36:54 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I dread to say it, but I suppose it's something that won't stop. And to be honest, I'm surprised myself. But then, I tend to keep to myself, and the group of friends I've made.", he'd tell Alexei.

, , , . The bonds he created with them had all helped to keep him sane in this trying time.

"That's what I'm saying. The 'peasants' around here all bear resemblance to people we've known. It's as if this realm is affected by our memories, our minds.", he'd tell Alexei.

"I don't think I can explain that, to be honest.", he replied to the hair question. "But whatever's going on here, I hope it will come to pass, sooner or later. I know we all have loved ones to come home to.", he'd tell him.

Thomas just wanted to spend time with all of the Pokemon living on his Ranch again. To feel the soft, fluffy fur of his little friends, as he embraced them.

tags:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 21:56:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He then remembered something… something he wished the other man didn’t mention during their conversation.

“Have. Have you noticed,” he began quietly once he’d managed to regain his composure as to how to bring this up, “…you’ve noticed how a lot of the normal ‘people’ that call this Hammerlocke home… have like, some disturbing physical resemblances to people we know?”

He shuddered, because how the hell could he forget about the one that looked like ? The one that had ’s angry features, the other one that had his drag son ’s soft smile…

…not to mention he thought he saw someone he thought to be dead, a certain bluenette @mattis among them as well?

“…maybe you comparing this to a nightmare state… isn’t that too far off. But then, how do you substantiate… how do you explain everything we’ve gone through so far feeling all too real?”

Read: the signs of aging.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 22:05:13 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Yeah, that's what I'm saying.", Thomas admits.

The more he acknowledges this, the more disturbed he is. Part of him wanted to use it to convince himself that all of this was a horrible nightmare. But then, the passage of time felt so real to him.

"I want to believe that this is just another nightmare. That we'll eventually wake up in our world again. But now I have to wonder, if we just got transported into another universe all together. And to be frank, I wonder if it will mean we encounter our doppelgangers here.", he responded to Alexei.

tags:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 22:34:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of ‘doppelgangers’, though, he shivered.

“That… that’s one thing I don’t want to see happening. At—at least, for me.”

There was… a whole lot of context with those words.

“You—you went into cyberspace, last year, right?” he confirmed. Finally, something that happened where they really came from, that they could discuss without having to dwell too much on what was bothering them.

“Did you. Did you encounter… did you encounter anything—any shade, any specter—that looked like you, but had the exact opposite of your personality, as you know yourself to be?”

He hoped the other hadn’t met his own, because… he’d met his, and the encounter in and on itself was terrifying. Too terrifying to dwell on for too long, really.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 22:52:00 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"If we do encounter them, hopefully they aren't hostile.", Thomas remarked.

As Alexei mentioned The Cloud, Thomas closed his eyes. He remembered that day vividly. He thought he lost Kalameet to the Porygon horde. He got outed as The Judge by his doppelganger. And he would've died, had it not been for what happened at the end.

"Yes, I encountered my own counterpart. He was Yveltal's Avatar, thus outing me as their Former Judge. He tried to rush and petrify me, so I tried gunning him down. Had to warn the others not to touch him, or they'd get petrified too.", he'd tell Alexei.

saved his life that day. Despite all the bullets he pumped into his alternate self, he didn't seem to go down. Not until she stabbed him in the leg. Once Yveltal went down, he went with them.

tags:

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 18:50:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I met mine in a completely different manner, apparently.”

He took a deep breath.

“It… it was a mess,” he began quietly. “After I disappeared into that light, I was… taken someplace. Someplace, I can’t remember—I think it was somewhere between the real world and the virtual world, and then I met him there.”

There were too many details, there were too many problems.

“We basically got into an argument, about who between the two of us deserved to exist.”

That was the shortcut version of it.

“He taunted me with the words I always kept to myself, about how I wanted to be ‘normal’, and how he could take my place instead and… be me.”

A deathly quiet fell between them.

“But I said no.”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights