Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 9:59:25 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The white walls reflected the rays of sunshine that flooded through the window into Elinor's assigned recovery room.

Elinor was sitting in her bed, pinkette hair gently flowing down over her left shoulder and onto her chest. She rested her back against the bed frame with a pillow in-between, covered in a single thin blanket, Elinor currently spent the time looking down on the bustling streets of Slateport City from her rooms location high up.

She was slowly coming to accept that this freedom was real. That she was no longer in the Rocket jail. And yet, she always anticipated the next person to walk through the doors would be one of the Rocket interrogators. But so far it had only been doctors and nurses coming to check up on her condition.

They all put on a brave face, they all told her that it was going to be alright. That given the circumstances everything was fine.

But then she looked at her arms, and remembered the itchiness and the clawing of skin and flesh. And with the memory came the resurfacing of the itch.

Phantom-itch or Grudge-sickness. The doctors had used a few other names as well. A unfortunate and mildly rare side effect of feeling the full brunt of a Banettes torturous capabilities.

The doctors had tried to lift her spirit by reminding her that it could be worse, that her condition WAS mild. But if this was mild, then honestly she did not want to see what severe looked like. When asked the Doctors could not tell her WHEN it would go away, it could be a day, a week maybe a year or more, there was still so much they did not know about the condition. And because of it there wasn’t much in the way of treatment for this ghastly plague, other than ignoring it as best she could.

She had bitten her tongue to keep her from coming with a snarky reply. She knew they were only doing their job.

And so were the two League Security Officers standing guard outside the Room. They would check, and double check, and triple check, to make sure whoever visited the Councilwoman was exactly who they claimed to be and carried only exactly what they claimed to carry.

TAG:
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 17:35:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It had been…

Less than thirty-six hours after they’d done the riskiest, craziest (probably stupidest, too, but it depended on who was asking) rescue attempt that had gone down. Thanks to , and ’s efforts, they’d gotten her out.

(And several other prisoners in the process, however she was one of the most important hostages that Team Rocket had in their possession.

See what was wrong with that statement? One of the hostages. He felt a chill run down his spine.)

He’d had precious little time to go back home, take a quick shower and wait for any word from the Slateport General hospital staff regarding her condition.

(He was sure that and would manage running the Rangers for a few days while he was ‘away on personal business’.)

Of course, he was family after all.

No, he did not care that he’d brought an entire box of the best Alto Marean pizza with him—along with some flowers to brighten up the bland hospital room.

For he’d realized that she’d missed her birthday, so why not make the most of it?

“Hey, Eli,” he began quietly once he was allowed to slip inside (after several minutes’ worth of argument regarding the pizza he’d brought along with him), flowers and pizza box in tow.

“You doin’ okay?”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 18:30:23 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Loud voices from outside caught her attention. She recognized one familiar voice especially as he would voice his discontent with the security detail.

It brightened her mood a little bit to hear someone so valiantly fighting to be let in. It brightened her mood even more when she heard pizza being mentioned. By now the Alto Marean delicacy had become almost a tradition among the two Andersons.

And this brightness offered Elinor the lightheartedness to beam a tired smile at Lars when he came inside holding flowers and the aforementioned pizza.

“The doctors say that I am doing as well as I can, considering the circumstances…” She paused. “But I am not sure I agree.”

She felt another rising bout of itchiness in her arms and in her eye. She ignored it as best she could. She wouldn’t let Lars see this worrying condition that she had acquired up close. Unfortunately for all her attempts at hiding it, the bandages on both arms would certainly suggest something had happened to them.

TAG:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 20:48:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Once the door was shut behind him, he let out a sigh of relief.

“Geez. Che cazzo doesn’t even begin to describe how I had to fight for this,” he continued as he shook the box gently. Even if he’d white lied a little and said that the pizza was for him, truth of the matter was that the flavor of said pizza was her favorite, not his, so there was that.

He set down the pizza box and the flowers on a nearby chair, before pulling up the other chair and flipping it around, before sitting himself in it.

“Sorry we weren’t able to get you out sooner,” he went on. Surprisingly, unlike earlier, his voice had become more…quiet, subdued.

“There was a lot of red tape we had to fight around.”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 14:43:35 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

A mild chuckle escaped Elinor as Lars confided in her the struggle of getting past the guards with his highly suspicious pizza. As he shook it, the tantalizing smell of her favorite type of Pizza urged her hunger to rise from its slumber.

But before she could eat they had to exchange words.

An apology.

“Lars, don’t apologize. I know you did what you could…” She paused. “But let me guess, they were going to let me rot in that cell.” Perhaps her words were a bit too blunt, there was a certain edge to it as well.

TAG:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 15:07:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He’d already shucked the box open and was in the middle of opening it as the aroma of pizza pervaded the room when he had to stop and stare at her.

At her words.

“I had help. Hell, it was who threw together the logistics of the plan, I went along as additional manpower. There was…”

He was cut off by the way her words cut through the silence like a knife, which made him take a breath.

“You… do you want me to rip off the band aid and tell you what really went down?” he continued a few minutes later, finally folding the cover over and revealing the sweet, glorious pizza for her to consume.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 15:29:43 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor nodded. She figured would offer his help, perhaps there were others. But did it really matter? It was only natural that there were people that liked her enough to come to her aid.

Lars offered her a question alongside the pizza. She took a piece, It would be impolite of her not to. With slice in hand she answered his question with a simple nod and a “Yes I do.”

TAG:
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 15:38:02 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Once she took a slice of pizza, he deemed it safe to fish out his phone.

Truth be told, there was one particular chat group he’d left on read for so long, because of the sheer recklessness that him and had pored over. It was pure luck and happenstance that and would come along for the ride, which was a relief.

“Let me just say,” he began as he opened the particular notification window and scrolled to the very beginning before handing her the phone to read the evidence for herself, “…that I did not say anything at all in this chat, because of. Well, you know what me and Callan planned.”

He huffed a little bit, smirking a little at the picture Skyler had sent into the chat before leaving the group message on ‘read’ status as well.

“And in my defense, I chose not to say anything in the group chat because if I did, back then, I might as well have had handed in my resignation as Head Ranger and left the rest of the famiglia to the proverbial Lycanroc.”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 17:33:09 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The hand holding the pizza sat still in the air as Lars handed the phone to her. She made sure to handle it with the caution it deserved as property of Lars.

But as she began to read the messages, Lars’s words faded into the background. It was exactly as she had expected. While a part of her understood the reasons, she couldn’t help but feel the pain of abandonment.

Dahlia had done what she had to do not only for herself but the others taken captive. Elinor understood this. But it was no less painful.

Her face tensed as she tried to hide her emotions. Yet, she was almost certain that Lars could see it on her, even as she handed the phone back to him in silence.

TAG:
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 6:30:58 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“…I know,” he mused quietly once he’d gotten his phone back from her. “It’s like…”

He didn’t want to voice out what he had on his mind next, because he was pretty sure it would seal the nail in the proverbial coffin so to speak.

“…which is why we decided to get you out on our own.”

He sighed.

“It’s a literal Pyroar’s den out there in Evergrande. Do. Do you want to know why I still have my position, even though shit turned out like this?”

It was a rhetorical question, but hopefully one she would entertain all the same.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 14:42:08 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Lars’s voice was like a knife twisting and turning in a stab wound. And each word only made it worse.

She looked at the slice of Pizza she held as Lars offered her a rhetorical question.

For a tense silent moment she considered ignoring the question and trying to eat. She knew she had to eat now that Lars had offered it to her… But her appetite was gone.

She finally sighed and gave in.

“No, why?”

TAG:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 21:12:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“To be honest… left a request, and I’m trying to get it into motion, but it’s proving rather difficult.”

He sighed.

“You remember how we talked, back then, about how I mentioned the redhead wanted to separate and have the Rangers operate independently of the League proper, but still be affiliated when they need help? I’m… having problems.”

Not to mention being the ass of budget jokes all the time…

“I’m stuck. I want to shove it through the circular hole, but it’s a square peg, if you catch my drift.”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 7:41:27 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Lars spoke further on the matter, her rhetorical no had clearly urged him to talk. Elinor didn’t know what it was, perhaps it was the mental toll her experience had brought on her with the rocket prison arc and the new information about the League or perhaps it was the guilt of no longer being hungry even though Lars had brought her food. Whatever the case may be, she found herself wanting to retort with snark.

“You want to have the cake and eat it too…” Elinor spoke…

Elinor sighed, frustration boiling up until she at last took a bite of her food, chewing at it with the fervor of a starving beast.

She swallowed and spoke.

“If the hole is circular you can do one of two things, conform to its shape or make the hole square.” Surely that made sense? “I am sure you know this, but affiliating with the League will mean subjugating to it in some form however little it might be.”

“And you can’t truly act independently if you are bound like that.”

She halted the tangent. Surprisingly realizing what she was doing.

Am I really preaching true departure from The League?

TAG:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 19:59:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Pretty much,” he snickered at her first reply. Because what Anderson didn’t want to have the cake and eat it at the same time?

(Maybe this was one thing they all shared across their large family. No matter who their parents were, there would always something that would turn up and manifest so hard it would become their trademark.)

“I’m actually done trying to conform, so I want to… it’s going to sound extremely under-handed, but I want to force the hole to fit what we have right now. However I would need help…” he trailed off as he lapsed into silence, lost in thought.

“…that’s why wanted to separate the Rangers from them entirely. He had the entire road map, I only have some bits and pieces. It’s a mess, but…” he hummed a few moments later.

He took another breath and sighed before looking at his cousin.

“…I wanted to ask you for help with that.”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
The Cost Of Freedom
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 10:16:56 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor took another bite of the pizza slice. She chewed and listened, her appetite now awoken. But she was caught by surprise as Lars confided in her what he desired to do with the Rangers.

She pretended to think about it, though her mind was already set.

“Sure, I can help. What do you need? And are the other Head Rangers on board with this plan of yours?”

TAG: