< into the grey > [dw]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< into the grey > [dw]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 21:10:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Thank you for accepting my invitation."

His words fell short and sweet to express his gratitude. It had been quite some time since he had a proper outing with Guinevere due to both of their conflicting schedules. Though he'd been surprised to find that yet another Calcifet found her way to Hoenn, he felt grateful over the fact it's someone that he could relax a bit around. While encounters with Remiel grew awkward and talks with the newly appointed Ambassador Elise were formal, Guinevere had a certain je ne sais quoi that seemed rather down to earth nowadays. He envied that freedom that she'd been able to find.

"You seem much more at ease since you left home. Have you kept in contact with your parents?" he inquired. "Please don't think of this as small talk, or that I mean to pry for gossip, I simply wish to catch up."

How many years had it been since the two were able to speak on equal terms? Cedric had his training and classes to focus on while Guinevere was continuously vilified for the sins of her father. (In truth, Cedric didn't care of the public's opinion. Family was still family, and Guinevere was no exception.) While he'd only recently heard of the mutual case of infidelity, he figured it was a subject best not to bring up. Some of the noblewomen from home had a habit of spouting gossip during teatime. A shame he was stuck to waste his time and funnel through it.

His Tsareena walked proudly by his side and kept a focused stare forward as not to allow anything to come out and surprise the duo. Cedric on the other hand turned his head to look at the pinkette by his side and gave a frown. It wasn't often in his place to speak his mind, but given how the two found themselves confiding in one another amidst their childhood, it felt like second nature to share his thoughts and concerns with her.

"More importantly, how have you been? I suppose that should have been the question I asked first, but I don't want to come off as patronizing."

poison / dark / fairy spawn

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

arti

Gwyn, Gwynnie
She/Her
October 31st
Hammerlocke, Galar
Heterosexual
Cosmetologist/Hacker
Grunt
Keep my heart behind a bulletproof vest~
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwyn
Guinevere Calcifet
< into the grey > [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 9:12:55 GMT
Guinevere Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gwyn1"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Thank you for accepting my invitation."[break][break]

Gwyn's honeyed hues shifted over towards her stiff cousin as she flashed him a questionable glance. The invitation he was referring to was to take a stroll around in the woods. It sounds suspicious at first but Gwyn didn't really mind, it would give her a lay of the land. Besides, there was absolutely nothing suspicious about her dear, rigid, stubborn to a fault, cousin. [break][break]

If anything she was the suspicious one. But he didn't need to know that. [break][break]

"You seem much more at ease since you left home. Have you kept in contact with your parents?" he inquired. Gwyn's lips shifted as she pursed them, deep in thought. She supposed he had a point. She was certainly happier to be away from Galar. Especially considering the danger they had all been in due to Necrozma. Before Gwyn could properly answer Cedric continued, "Please don't think of this as small talk, or that I mean to pry for gossip, I simply wish to catch up."[break][break]

Once more before she could properly answer she felt Cedric's gaze as he barraged her with more questions. "More importantly, how have you been? I suppose that should have been the question I asked first, but I don't want to come off as patronizing." Gwyn shook her head, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. "Ricky, relax." She said to him as she extended her hand placed it on his arm. "You don't have to be so stiff with me. I mean, I know it's been a while but I'm still the same 'ol me." she said with a laugh. [break][break]

"And one thing at a time, ye?" she said with a tease in response to the million questions he asked her. "I'm doing good. I feel more relaxed with some distance between me and Galar. I mean, I still have eyes on me but I think the pressure is a bit different here than back home." She said as she kicked a pebble that was in the road. "I just don't think I ever would've truly felt at peace back there." she said as she glanced up at the sky. "And mum and dad are doing fine. Still bothering me every night as they call to check up on me." she said with a short laugh.[break][break]

"What about you? What has your knickers in a twist?" she asked with an amused grin on her face. "I mean, you should've heard yourself when speaking to me earlier." she says as she clears her throat. "Thank you for accepting my humble invitation, m'lady." Gwyn gently mocks him with her own impression of him. She deepens her voice and gives a grandiose bow before taking his hand in hers and placing her lips to the back of his hand. A gesture routinely used in court back home. Gwyn erupted into laughter as she brought herself back up to her full height.[break][break]

"I mean, I could practically hear the 'your highness' itching in the back of your throat, Ricky!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@cedric
[break]

NOTES

🍬 outfit with pitch black parasol

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gwyn1]--accent:#fb539c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gwyn1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
< into the grey > [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 20:22:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DEINO APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HUSTLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WORK UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]@cedric

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD IMPIDIMP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FRISK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TORMENT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLATTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASSURANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWAGGER

[break]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< into the grey > [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 16:55:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A sharp inhale came as his shoulders stiffened a bit. How long had it been for him since formalities had been dropped? More importantly, how long had it been since he could just be Cedric? No titles attached, no rigid words -- simply a conversation. As the stifled breath seeped from his lips, his body began to relax more and more. His facial muscles ached as the corners of his lips twitched upward into a smile. (How long had it been since he'd been able to offer such a genuine gesture?) A laugh came at the way she mocked him and his stiff mannerisms.

"Sorry, force of habit," he admitted sheepishly. "I promise it's not you, it's just the constant formalities that have been drilled in for years. But... I'm glad to hear Hoenn has become a better home for you than Galar ever could."

He knew why, but that went without saying. No need to bring up old wounds. With a step down, he instinctively offered a hand out to his company to help her down the steep path. But with the way he reached out, it didn't seem in tandem with duty -- rather a softness fell in the way he looked back and flashed her a reassuring smile as if they were no more than two kids who traveled the ways of a lush forest. (It brought back some of the days before duty was placed before family and friends, Cedric felt at peace in that brief moment in time.)

"Things have... Well, they're different," he attempted to verbalize.

But when words couldn't cut it, he raised a hand and removed the glove that accompanied it to give her a peek of the black tungsten ring that adorned his ring finger. A show of arranged marriage, something that never really felt necessary to Cedric. When it came down to it, he could never remember a time he felt drawn to such a permanent idea. Did he resent his fiancée? Not at all, was a well-rounded young woman with a sense of duty that matched his own. But it felt rigid behind all else, like it was a partnership forced onto them by the hands of the crown -- they were two strangers forced to share the same home and at times, tensions flared to a crescendo that left them both empty in the end. A breath caught in his throat as the thought echoed in his mind: perhaps in another life, the two would have been happy.

"Her name is Estelle Valentine. Other than her cooperation under the Queen and Galar's military, there's... Not much I truly know about her."

The thought went as soon as it came. Eyes fixated on another issue as his Tsareena went in for the attack of a Deino that had reared its head. Cedric slipped his glove back on and poured his focus into the battle that unraveled before him as he took command over his loyal pokemon.

"Power Whip."

The Tsareena lunged foward as vines began to materialize. The pokemon gripped onto them and used the vines to wrap tight around the Deino. As it made contact, the Tsareena lifted the Deino off of the ground and soon send it plummeting down. In tandem with this gesture, Cedric stepped back and sent a pokeball forward in a curveball throw.

catching deino

close tab

played by

arti

Gwyn, Gwynnie
She/Her
October 31st
Hammerlocke, Galar
Heterosexual
Cosmetologist/Hacker
Grunt
Keep my heart behind a bulletproof vest~
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwyn
Guinevere Calcifet
< into the grey > [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 21:11:57 GMT
Guinevere Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gwyn1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Once Cedric began to loosen up and laughter spilled from his lips Guinevere smiled. "There he is, my Ricky." She just wasn't used to the stiff mannerisms of royals, not anymore. She had long removed herself from her royal duties and sought refuge somewhere else. Someplace more accepting of her and her defects...even if those defects were beyond her control. [break][break]

Cedric apologized and Gwyn waved it off. He explained himself but he didn't need to. She knew better than anyone the kind of business Cedric was into. Unlike her dear cousin, she had managed to escape from it all. She could only hope one day he would realize and secure his own freedom too. [break][break]

The path they were on was getting steeper and steeper and more winding. Once Cedric had secured proper footing he extended a hand towards Gywn, but this time it didn't feel like a stuffy formality. She flashed him a cheesy grin as she took his hand and was securely guided along the path. It was much appreciated, after all platform chunky heels didn't make for the most ideal hiking shoes but Gwyn always put fashion over function. [break][break]

Besides, you'd be surprised all the things she could do in heels.[break][break]

"Things have... Well, they're different," Cedric attempted to respond to Gwyn's own inquires on his wellbeing. Gwyn flashed him a curious look before movement along the brush caught her attention. A small impidimp seemed eager to play with his new guests and Gwyn was more than happy to oblige. With a snap of her fingers her Mimikyu appeared and swiftly set out to 'play' with his new 'friend'.[break][break]

Cedric removed the glove on his left hand before showing her a ring that adorned his ring finger. Gwyn did a double-take so fast she almost gave herself whiplash. "Holy shit! Wait! Huh?! When? How? Where? Why?!" she said as she practically yanked her cousin's hand to examine the ring more closely as she stared at it in disbelief.[break][break]

"Her name is Estelle Valentine. Other than her cooperation under the Queen and Galar's military, there's... Not much I truly know about her." Gwyn scrunched her face up at him. "Such poppycock," she grumbled. "Another one of auntie's schemes no doubt." Gwyn said with blatant disrespect towards her aunt and the current Queen of Galar. "She never could be satisfied with ruining her own life y'know." Gwyn responded with a huff, "She just had to make everyone else as miserable as her." Gwyn violently kicked another rock out of their path. [break][break]

"Ricky. You know you don't have to listen to her right?" Gwyn finally said after a few moments of silence. Her tone was lower, more serious. "No matter how much power and obligation she waves in your face, she has no control over who marries and who doesn't." Gwyn's brows creased as clear fury washed over her. "You are not the Crown Prince." It was high time the Queen got of that high horse and stopped trying to micromanage everyone else in their family like they were.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@cedric
[break]

NOTES

🍬 catching impidimp![break]
🍬 outfit with pitch black parasol

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gwyn1]--accent:#fb539c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gwyn1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gwyn1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
< into the grey > [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 22:59:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WEAVILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRESSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASSURANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PUNISHMENT

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NIDORINO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RIVALRY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLATTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HORN DRILL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CAPTIVATE

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< into the grey > [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 17:54:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A breath sucked in at Gwyn's insistence that he didn't need to follow the Queen's orders. How wrong she was with that comment. Ever since his own parents were turned over for their lack of loyalty to the crown, every move he'd made was watched under a fine microscope. Any misstep was handled accordingly. Once his glove was secured again, his attention turned forward. The Tsareena of his team immediately took to battle as it grappled with the Nidorino in their path. Teeth sunk into his bottom lip as he allowed Guinevere's words to linger for a bit too long in his head.

"No, you're right...," he insisted. "Estelle is as thrilled about the situation herself, I'm sure. But until we can properly break things off, both our hands are tied. How lucky you are that you don't have the weight of expectations on your shoulders."

His tone was the farthest thing from insulting. In a manner, he almost envied Guinevere's freedom. A shame that she was casted aside as the bastard child of the crown. (Blood was blood no matter the circumstances, his heart weighed heavy for his cousin.) Once his Tsareena managed to tangle with the Nidorino enough, Cedric threw another pokeball. This outing was beneficial in the sense that it granted him the opportunity of a more well-rounded team. But that wasn't his only objective.

"You've changed," he admitted, though it seemed like he simply stated the obvious. "You carry yourself higher here, the exposure to this region has been beneficial to you. I'm happy for that much."

His words died in his throat as a thought crossed his mind. Lips parted to speak once more.

"The Crown doesn't touch either of us here, does it?" he reached that revelation. "I... Admit I don't know what to do with this discovered freedom."

He seemed ashamed to even entertain the thought that he wasn't under the queen's thumb in this region. Maybe it was the loyalty that had been hammered into him, but he figured it best not to overstep that boundary. Power could reach beyond the oceans, and he'd rather not face the backlash. He was still very much a pawn with no one to turn to, so it was better to keep his hands in his lap, proverbally speaking of course.

catching nidorino