Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
DRACONEM
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 18:40:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Don't you think if I knew, I would've gone looking sooner?"[break][break]

Isaac never had the stomach for traitor hunting. Some people in Rocket took to it disconcertingly, murderously well, but Isaac could barely fathom the idea of killing someone who deserved it. To hunt down those who didn't felt like a betrayal of everything he stood for. There was a reason why, when he encountered Remiel back in the caves, his number one goal was to chase him away.[break][break]

Clearly, Remiel didn't agree. The Pokemon he summoned to his side was a testament to that.[break][break]

Rampage rushed in front of Isaac, hunkering down into a fighting stance and snarling. Rather than letting her fly off the handle, Isaac put a hand atop her flank. It was all he could do to stop her from charging into needless, overzealous combat. Instead, he turned to face Remiel, refusing to take his single eye off of him.[break][break]

"What job? The one I tried to save you from?" Hurt bled into Isaac's voice. The way he was not only dismissed but backstabbed played out still felt so fresh. "We both knew if they saw you, they'd stop at nothing to hurt you. Kill you. Worse."[break][break]

"They kidnapped people, Remy. Tortured them. That could've been you."

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
DRACONEM
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 9:30:06 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Reason and restraint was not something Remiel expected of Team Rocket. This rang true for him even when he'd been a part of it. Looking back on things, he was embarrassed to have ever believed he could change the organization into something better from the inside out.

The precaution Isaac and his Pokémon take to the small origami in his hand makes it evident that they understand just how much of a threat the otherwise unassuming ULTRA BEAST really is. But, unlike Team Rocket, Remiel had never been one to launch an unprovoked attack. The exiled prince had simply taken a measure to defend against one.

That being said, a look of utter confusion and insult sweeps across his face at Isaac's latest statement. "Save me from? Isaac, it was the people you stand beside that were placing everyone else in danger!" He exclaims, slamming the side of his fist against the nearby pine tree as electricity inadvertently courses throughout his body.

In response to these actions, his Kartana glides upward out of his hand and perches itself upon his shoulder.

"And what gives you the idea that I need looking after?" The exiled prince adds with a glare. "I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself. But the others..." He laments the kidnapping of for a moment and recalls the same with prior. "They don't deserve this."

DRACONEM
DUO-WILD ✦ ROCK/FAIRY/DRAGON

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
DRACONEM
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 22:41:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Don't you think I know that already?" Of course he did. He had to. Did he seriously forget that, when he was considering an exit from Rocket, it had been while Isaac confided the same? "I've known that since the day Walsh shipped us off to die. All so he could take the end of the world and use it for a fucking land grab."[break][break]

Stand beside them. It was a description Isaac hated, and yet one he had to acknowledge was true. "I'm only still there because it's my best chance of making things right," he pleaded. "If I leave, they're just gonna hunt me down. Take everything from me. Put me down before I even get a chance to make a difference. At least here, I can try to do something, anything . . ."[break][break]

That's what he wanted to believe, at least. Yet what good was he as a light in the darkness? Despite his best efforts, , his brother, only sank deeper into the abyss. Were his efforts at trying to pull him out ever going to bear any fruit? Or was he just going to sink under the weight of his ambitions as he tried to save at least a single soul?[break][break]

The first question came from morality. The second came straight from Remiel's pride. "Because we all do." It didn't matter that Remiel was some exiled prince. It didn't matter that he was touched by forces beyond compare. It didn't matter that he had already escaped from the worst Rocket had to offer. "Nobody deserves this. Not you. Not the others. Not anybody."[break][break]

The memory of poor, kidnapped left his blood boiling.[break][break]

"I don't know how so many of them can't see that . . ."

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
DRACONEM
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 20:08:53 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The fact that Isaac was standing in the same place he'd been, all those months ago, never hit home quite as hard as it did now. He understood, perhaps more than anyone, exactly how he was feeling. And, to Isaac's benefit, that took the edge off Remiel's otherwise hostile mood.

"There's no changing TEAM ROCKET from the inside. I tried." The royal responds, lowering his fist from the tree he'd struck and ultimately unclenching it. "Staying with them longer only incriminates you more. But I suppose it's hard for you to see any of that right now, too, isn't it?"

Whether Isaac perceived it or not, the prince's previous outburst had come from a good place. It wasn't easy seeing a friend repeat the same mistakes you had, after all. 

DRACONEM

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
DRACONEM
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 14:11:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Seeing that isn't the hard part."[break][break]

It never was. Isaac was all too aware how futile his efforts and hollow his justifications were. All that "change from within" amounted to was fattening up his friends for Walsh's slaughter. Maybe if he wasn't shining light on their lives, they'd realize how deeply the darkness of this abyss truly penetrated.[break][break]

The harder part was knowing what he had to do, and what that truly meant. Sure, he could just ask about retiring from active duty. Nobody would be mad at him, he'd be spared the horrors he'd been forced to commit, and he'd get out with his life intact.
It seemed like a no brainer.[break][break]

But who would it truly help?[break][break]

The alternative was a long, hard, nigh-impossible road. Those he left would resent him forever. Those he joined would always scrutinize him. Death would lurk around every corner, just waiting for him to slip up. Was this what he needed to do? Or was this simply suicide?[break][break]

"I . . . I need time." Would there ever be enough? "To think." To breathe. To escape the judgment in Remiel's harsh eyes. To come to terms with the reality that, the moment he set foot on that sub, he'd lost all hope of a normal life. To wonder what he'd ever done to deserve such a fate.[break][break]

"Please."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
DRACONEM
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 6:59:10 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
His cobalt hues have, perhaps, never looked colder than they did now. But even still there's a flicker of kindness within them. Something ADMIN FOX could never have shared in the past. Something the ADMIN had been blind to. He nods in understanding.

"Leave this place and don't come back. If Walsh knows you were here, it'll be your head he's hunting for next." The snow continues to fall gently around them. The Kartana, now eased, drifts back down into Remiel's front pocket. "Take all the time you need... and if you ever want to contact me, you know how." An encrypted channel he'd used exclusively with grunts. He still had it up and running for defectors.

"But most of all, Isaac... just take care of yourself, alright?" And, with that, the royal disappears in a literal flash.

EXIT 💠

DRACONEM

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
DRACONEM
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 23:54:30 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: