he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Misconceptions [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 1:31:20 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

With a snap of his camera he took a picture of the Pokémon he had spotted. He had spend most of the morning walking around Route 110 taking photos of the Pokémon that made the stretch of land their home. Though they were wild Pokémon none of them seemed interested in engaging him. Though that was probably because of Rook. The Corviknight was as usual not in his pokeball and was hovering just behind his trainer.
[break][break]
Brushing a few strands of hair out of his eyes he paused to look at the pictures he had taken. He supposed he had taken enough for now. It was time for a short break before he moved somewhere else. Allowing the camera to dangle once more around his neck he started to make his way towards Mauville.
[break][break]
He had just walked through the last of the grass that was home to the Pokémon in the area when he just happened to look up and noticed the flower shop. Of course he had noticed it the last time he had been around this area. But he was sure it had been closed. It seemed to be open now though.
[break][break]
Hesitating briefly he began to make his way towards the shop. Before he had completely closed the distance between himself and the shop he recalled the Corviknight. He doubted the owner would appreciate the flying/steel type being loose in their shop. And he was too paranoid to have him wait outside. What if someone took him.
[break][break]
Shaking his head to clear his head he made his way into the shop. Entering the shop was a nice respite from the heat. But he didn’t fully relax. Whoever owned the shop was probably someone he didn’t know. So relaxing was out of the question.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + hope this works

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kohri

Vic
He/Him/His
28 years old
February 27
Cherrygrove City, Johto
Bisexual
Flower shop owner
Civilian
Single
0 height
0 height
awards
33 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicranallo
Victor Ranallo
Misconceptions [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 6:13:26 GMT
Victor Ranallo Avatar
ZINNIA

[break]
Vic had managed to catch a quick glimpse of the massive Corviknight before its owner entered his shop. Route 110 was a popular place for trainers to roam around with their pokemon and all he could think of was that he was glad that the customer withdrew his Corviknight before he came inside. "Hey, welcome," Vic greeted huskily, eyes locked on the newcomer's appearance. Why was he so tense? Was he yet another one of those Rocket bastards here to bother him? Or even worse, a rookie police officer here to disturb him and the peace he was just settling into in his shop.
[break]
Lily chimed melodically at the customer to greet them in her normal manner before she returned her attention to the flowers. Well, at least she didn't seem to think anything was wrong with the customer... Still, the camera around the customer's neck made Vic a little nervous. Perhaps he was casing the joint? But would he really be that stupid to have his camera out in plain view? Or maybe that cocky? Vic crossed his arms over his chest as his eyes narrowed ever so slightly. "So... What kind of flowers you looking for?" The question came out more tersely than Vic would have liked, but in his experience, it was always better to be overly cautious than to lower one's guard.

[break]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Misconceptions [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 16:34:19 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He turned quickly to face the other male. His expression was carefully blank giving nothing away. Though his tense posture would give away how uneasy he was. ”Hello,” he said in return more out of politeness than because he cared to. The older male had greeted him and it would be impolite for him not to return the greeting. That’s the way he thought of it anyway.
[break][break]
The Lilligant momentarily grabbed his attention and his expression softened somewhat. Well until he realize what he was doing and mentally shook himself. What was he doing he doing he couldn’t show any weakness. That’s they way he saw things as his expression closed off once more. He couldn’t let his guard down with someone he didn’t know.
[break][break]
His attention returned to the older male as he spoke. Asking him what he was looking for. His tone did nothing to make him relaxing only succeeding in putting him more on edge. He mirrored the other male crossing his arms over his chest his expression if possible becoming even more impassive.
[break][break]
”I was wondering if you have gardenia’s and lavender?” he said in a monotone voice. While he loved all flowers he had always had always favored gardenia. Though if he had choose between lavender or gardenia, there was no question that he would choose lavender. Just for its soothing fragrance.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kohri

Vic
He/Him/His
28 years old
February 27
Cherrygrove City, Johto
Bisexual
Flower shop owner
Civilian
Single
0 height
0 height
awards
33 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicranallo
Victor Ranallo
Misconceptions [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 9:02:36 GMT
Victor Ranallo Avatar
ZINNIA

[break]
Really? Lily thought nothing wrong of this customer? He glanced momentarily at his flower pokemon, who sang to herself and the flowers quietly in her own corner, before Vic returned his gaze to the customer. Even if the stranger was just mirroring him, it didn't mean Vic had to like it. He hated this feeling of paranoia, as though just by standing there the customer was holding his criminal past over his head. Despite that though, the request was somewhat simplistic in of itself and nothing Vic couldn't fill.
[break]
"Those are two pretty fragrant flowers," Vic commented, meaning nothing by it... though his heavy, flat tone said otherwise. He was lost in thought, already thinking about how to arrange the flowers together. "I do, as a matter of fact, have both of those flowers. Fresh cut from this morning," he told the customer as he went over to a floral display cooler. "You looking to impress someone? Or is this for yourself?" As much as he was suspicious of the customer, at least these sorts of questions could help him get a feel for the other man while also providing customer service.

[break]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Misconceptions [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 13:44:52 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Someone could cut the tension with the knife. It made him uneasy. It wasn’t a nice feeling to have. He had never been good at communicating his feelings though. And part of it was do to stubbornness. Not wanting to admit that anything was wrong. Besides how would he go about explaining something like this. As far as he was concerned he would just have to deal with these feelings.
[break][break]
Thankfully the older male broke the silence when he had asked about his flower choices. It was something he could easily answer. But it wasn’t enough to make him relax. He wasn’t sure of what to make of his response. Though his tone made him feel like he should take some offense. This just made him more wary. Since he felt the guy was trying to start something with him.
[break][break]
”I’m aware,” he said maintaining his monotone voice. He couldn’t allow the older male to know his tone had gotten to him. When he spoke up just cutting them this morning he couldn’t help but be surprised. Not that he showed it. He felt to on edge to show his emotions.
[break][break]
The idea he would do it to impress someone was laughable. Why would have bother when they wouldn’t be impressed by him anyway? He had to bite his tongue to prevent himself from saying that. It was saying stuff like that that often got him strange looks. So he tried not to say stuff like that.
[break][break]
That aside he supposed he should answer the older males question. ”They’re for me. Just something to put around the house,” he explained his gaze fixed on the older male. Though that was more because he had been taught that it was impolite not to look at the person you were talking to. [break]

close tab

played by

Kohri

Vic
He/Him/His
28 years old
February 27
Cherrygrove City, Johto
Bisexual
Flower shop owner
Civilian
Single
0 height
0 height
awards
33 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicranallo
Victor Ranallo
Misconceptions [S/C]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 23:45:48 GMT
Victor Ranallo Avatar
ZINNIA

[break]
Even if Vic did harbor his suspicions about this customer, it didn't mean he was about to provide shoddy customer service. Vic spared the stranger one last glance, as though assessing something in his head, before he began to pull together a bouquet of lavenders and gardenias. Stoic, guarded... The stranger reminded him of himself in a way and he had just the arrangement in mind. Once he had enough flowers, he shut the cooler and motioned the customer over to a table where he began to arrange the flowers.
[break]
Just as he kept an eye on the customer, Vic also kept an eye on Lily, who still seemed content in her little corner of flowers. She still didn't sense any hostility off of the customer and for that, Vic was relieved. "I gotcha. Flowers don't always have to be for someone else." He was otherwise silent as he pulled the bouquet together, complete with a light purple wrapping paper to accentuate the lavenders while also making the white gardenias pop visually. "This what you had in mind? Or do you want me to fill it with other flowers as well?" Vic offered the bouquet to the stranger for him to inspect personally.

[break]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Misconceptions [S/C]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 1:45:55 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The young man watched as the older male walked off. He assumed he was off to get the flowers he had requested. Staying where he was he waited for him to return. And it didn’t take him long to reappear. But instead of coming back over he instead gestured for him to come over to where he was.
[break][break]
He approached the table he was at and quietly watched the older male work, only giving a simple nod to his comment. It was clear that the older male was skilled in what he did. At least more skilled than him anyway. It wasn’t something he would ever be able to do himself. While he did enjoy flowers he wouldn’t be able to find a way to come up with a good combination like the male in front of him did.
[break][break]
Taking the bouquet he inspected it before shaking his head. ”No that works,” he said taking a deep breath before continuing. ”Thank you,” he said his tone indicated that he wasn’t to use to thanking people. But it was proper to think someone for doing something for you wasn’t it? Even if it was their job.[break]

close tab

played by

Kohri

Vic
He/Him/His
28 years old
February 27
Cherrygrove City, Johto
Bisexual
Flower shop owner
Civilian
Single
0 height
0 height
awards
33 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicranallo
Victor Ranallo
Misconceptions [S/C]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 22:08:21 GMT
Victor Ranallo Avatar
ZINNIA

[break]
As silent as Vic tended to be, the silence within the shop was suffocating. Was the customer casing him? Was he really just here for flowers? Was he waiting for him to make the wrong move and accuse him? Vic's eyes slowly wandered over to Lily, who had gotten him into more trouble than he would have liked considering he was not her original trainer. She was off in her own world, humming as she watered some plants and twirled into a patch of sunlight to soak it up. Even the pokeball on his belt that contained Oyabun did not pop open in order to shield him from this customer. Perhaps Vic was putting too much thought into the customer and not enough into the requested bouquet, contrary to his own work ethic.
[break]
"Good. Glad you like it." The customer's appreciation came off a litte terse but as Vic wasn't about to reject it. "That'll be 35 pokedollars." A fairly simple bouquet wouldn't cost the customer much, and even then, Vic surmised that the customer wasn't in it for fancy embellishments like some of his other customers were.
[break]
Just then, Lily toddled over with a sprig of her own, which she carefully tucked into the bouquet. When she finally pulled her leaves away, in the middle of the bouquet was a sprig of lavendar-colored gardenias just for the customer. "Oh? I think Lily likes you." Vic remarked, regarding the customer with a small, albeit cautious, smile.
[break]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Misconceptions [S/C]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 21:53:37 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Ever didn’t mind silence. In fact he usually thrived in silence. Talking had never been something he enjoyed. Most of the time it was because he couldn’t find something to say. And even he knew that he could sometimes be a jerk. But the silence between him and the other guy was suffocating. It put him on edge, not that a part of him wasn’t always on edge. But it put on him more on edge than he usually was.
[break][break]
He just gave a curt nod. There really wasn’t anything more to say. He had already thanked the older male. Hearing the cost he counted out the required amount of pokedollars before handing it over. Some part of him had been expecting it to cost more so he had brought more than what the flowers cost. He supposed he has enough that he could go get something to eat at one of the restaurants in Mauville.
[break][break]
The Lilligant approaching pulled him out of his thoughts of getting a bite to eat. His expression softened at the flower Pokémon’s gift. Vic’s voice brought him back to his senses and his expression turned neutral once more. ”That’s good,” he said his tone steady but the fact he was looking at the counter like it had become the most interesting thing made his embarrassment clear.[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights