he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
232 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Playing Pretend [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 1:46:25 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

Ever had been tasked with a mission. Apparently an Oranguru had been stealing people’s Pokémon and using them to pretend to be a trainer. The sad thing was was that it was actually winning. And no one had been able to beat it. The fact the Pokémon would actually listen to another being outside of its trainer did make him question the trainer’s capabilities.
[break][break]
During the briefing he had kept his thoughts to himself. Wouldn’t be good for him to start something because he couldn’t keep his mouth shut. He had mostly let someone else deal with the mess of dealing with the trainer. Because if it was left to him he was sure there would be tears. He wasn’t always the most sympathetic person.
[break][break]
While someone else dealt with the trainer he just had to go over the mission details. It was basically work with a higher ranked ranger to secure the persons Pokémon. Of course they would have to successfully beat the Oranguru in battle. Sometimes this job could be so weird.
[break][break]
He was told they would meet up on Route 116, the last known sighting of the Oranguru, and he nodded. Not being much for talking he saw no point in really saying anything. Without a word he made his way to the designated meeting place. Reaching the entrance of Route 116 he awaited his partner. Some older ranger he hadn’t ever met.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Playing Pretend [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 7:07:16 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

Clearly it didn't matter that his life was perpetually falling apart; Orion was one of the resident Psychic experts among the Rangers, and so it was to him they'd often turn when something strange was afoot.[break][break]

He almost turns down the job before deciding that he'd rather deal with it himself than be berated if some rookie gets hurt handling something above their pay-grade.[break][break]

Besides, the idea of an Oranguru pretending to be a trainer was kind of hilarious.[break][break]

Orion keeps that thought to himself.[break][break]

His mission partner arrives first, and Orion approaches with a certain wariness. Not just because Blackwell as a surname had a certain ill reputation, but because you never knew who you could trust. He'd learned that the hard way.[break][break]

"You here for the job?"[break][break]

Orion folds his arms, sun gleaming off his titanium prosthetic.[break][break]

At his heels, a chimera stalks.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 I WANNA BE LIKE YOU

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtol] --accent: #bf5475; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
232 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Playing Pretend [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 19:22:21 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

It wasn’t long before his partner arrived. The wariness he picked up from the other immediately put him on edge. Well more on edge. He had already been on edge due to the fact that he would be working with someone he didn’t know. But he was pretty good as masking the fact he was on edge.
[break][break]
”Correct,” he said resisting the urge to copy the older males posture. A natural reflex to the way the older male made him feel. Like he was trying to come off as intimidating. But rather or not that was on purpose was the question. It’s possible that was not his intention so he shouldn’t risk coming off as intimidating himself.
[break][break]
Instead he would just turn in the direction he had heard the Oranguru was in. ”I suppose we should be on our way,” he said as he began to make his way further along Route 116 making sure to remain alert.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Playing Pretend [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 10:06:09 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

For all he might've seemed to be trying to intimidate the younger Ranger, Orion's intense aura of unapproachability was entirely subconscious.[break][break]

In reality, he's nervous. New people always make him nervous. You never knew what sort you were getting, much less if you could trust them. The first words out of this one's mouth don't give him any inclination one way or the other.[break][break]

The silence as they walk reads to him as awkward, because he reads too much into everything.[break][break]

"You know much about Psychic-types?"[break][break]

Though mostly wanting to break that silence, and not to be alone with his thoughts, it's an important thing to know.[break][break]

For a creature worthy of Frankenstein's laboratory, the Silvally stalks with a particular sort of grace that suggests it's spent many missions as Orion's partner, stepping carefully so as not to frighten off the nearby wildlife.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 I WANNA BE LIKE YOU

[newclass=.twtol] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtol .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
232 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Playing Pretend [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 14:32:51 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He had trouble trusting people he didn’t really know. But it would’ve been worse if Orion was kind to him. It was hard for him to know what to do with someone who was kind to him. That didn’t mean he still wasn’t uncomfortable. He was just less uncomfortable with someone who wasn’t being friendly towards him.
[break][break]
Even so he would keep his guard up. Upon hearing the question he would shake his head. ”Not really,” he said his voice monotone. While he loved Pokémon he hadn’t had much chance of studying up on them. He supposed he should start doing that.
[break][break]
”From what I’ve heard you do though. Is there anything you can tell me?” he inquired as they continued walking. While he waited he picked at his nails. A habit his grandparents didn’t like since he had cracked his nail once. But it was better than looking at the Silvally.
[break][break]
It wasn’t person. But the Silvally line actually was something he read up on. So he knew how it had come to be. The whole thing had just made him uncomfortable.[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Playing Pretend [M/C]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 14:27:52 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Mm," he agrees. "Loads."[break][break]

But they were on a mission, and it was important to narrow their focus to the threat ahead.[break][break]

"Oranguru are crazy smart. Won't listen to a trainer it doesn't respect." That wasn't all, though. "Plenty of them fancy being the trainer, instead. You ever seen one do that?"[break][break]

The brief lilt of amusement in Orion's ordinarily flat tone suggests that he has.[break][break]

"Cause from what I hear, you're about to."[break][break]

They come upon their target, who wields a pokeball in each hand. Orion's Silvally steps forward with a low growl of challenge.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 I WANNA BE LIKE YOU

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
232 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Playing Pretend [M/C]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 22:00:13 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Well, that didn't tell him much. That was a pretty vague response, but he figured that wasn't all he had to say. He didn't say anything and just waited for him to respond. What he did was give a bit of history on the Pokémon they were dealing with, which made sense since they didn't have that much time. It was just best to deal with this as soon as possible.
[break][break]
The fact that it was smart is something he could have guessed himself. The fact that it would pretend to be a trainer was a dead giveaway of that. Then again, a lot of psychic Pokémon were known for being smart. It probably had something to do with the psychic powers they possessed. That was the only thing he could think of.
[break][break]
"No, I haven't. Then again, I'm not the biggest fan of battling. I don't like to see Pokémon get hurt. I'm skilled enough at battling though," he said with a small shrug. Sure, he didn't care for battling, but he wasn't as opposed to it as some people. If he had to battle to protect someone, he would, even if he wouldn't like it.
[break][break]
They came across the Pokémon in question, and he didn't waste any time in releasing his Corviknight from his Pokéball. Now all they had to do was wait to see what Pokémon the Oranguru sent out.[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Playing Pretend [M/C]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 15:11:31 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

Orion nods, not bothering with a verbal response. was not the first, nor would he be the last Ranger Orion would hear express such a sentiment. Their mission was to protect Pokémon and to preserve their natural habitats, after all.[break][break]

Most Pokémon enjoyed battling, but Orion's own Absol has always disliked it. They never battle for sport, only for survival.[break][break]

Perseus, however, was created for battle. The Silvally growls and paws at the ground as they come upon their target, immediately setting up a HEAL BLOCK that imprisons the field.[break][break]

The Oranguru seems unbothered, perhaps even amused as it regards the two Rangers.[break][break]

"Don't suppose you'd just give those Pokémon back?"[break][break]

It tosses the pokeballs, but rather than acquiescing to Orion's request, this is the start of a battle. A LEAVANNY and MANDIBUZZ emerge from containment, looking a little confused. But whatever the Oranguru says to them seems to be enough.[break][break]

The Leavanny sets up a SWORDS DANCE as Mandibuzz spits TOXIC ooze toward Silvally, who narrowly leaps clear.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 I WANNA BE LIKE YOU

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
232 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Playing Pretend [M/C]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 19:56:58 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Coming across the Oranguru didn't take long. Its expression remained unreadable as it eyed the psychic type. From the way it was acting, he didn't think it would just turn over the Pokéballs without doing anything. And how right he was? He had to resist the urge to sigh as the Oranguru sent out two Pokémon. At least he had been prepared by already having sent out his Corviknight upon first encountering the Pokémon.
[break][break]
He eyed the two Pokémon, taking in what they were. Considering Corviknight's typing, his best bet would be to go for the Leavanny. Rook's attacks would be super effective against it, after all. Though it wasn't like Corviknight's attacks would be weak against the Mandibuzz, they just wouldn't be as effective.
[break][break]
Taking effectiveness into account would be the best thing to do. So with that in mind, he directed Rook to use Drill Peck on the Leavanny. In his peripheral vision, he could see his partner's Pokémon evading an attack from the Mandibuzz, so he supposed he would be dealing with that Pokémon.
[break][break]
Figuring the older male had things handled on his end, he focused all of his attention on his own battle. After all, he needed to make sure nothing happened to his own Pokémon and that they were able to win this.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
Playing Pretend [M/C]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 4:09:17 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtol"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Percy, switch!"[break][break]

Rather than calling for his Silvally to switch out, as might be expected, the command alerts the chimera to swing its great head toward Orion expectantly. A disc pinched between two fingers is thrown toward his ace, the POISON MEMORY shifting Perseus' crest to a deep purple hue.[break][break]

It wouldn't help with type-effectiveness, but it would at least avoid that nasty TOXIC.[break][break]

The bone-headed bird begins to glow with harsh light, its vortex swirling with a triad of colour from a TRI-ATTACK fired by the snarling Silvally.[break][break]

Ever, thankfully, seemed to have the Leavanny handled.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 I WANNA BE LIKE YOU

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
232 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Playing Pretend [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 20:37:42 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Though he seemed completely focused on his battle, that didn't mean he wasn't paying attention to how the older male was doing with his battle. While he was dealing with the Leavanny, he was watching Orion's battle from his peripheral vision. So, he was aware of the Silvally switching types, which he had to admit was cool but wasn't really worth the prize it took to get a Pokémon like that.
[break][break]
Now wasn't the time to be thinking about that kind of stuff, though. The Leavanny managed to land a hit on Rook, hitting the Corviknight with X-Scissor, which the steel bird was able to shrug off like it was nothing. Though to the steel bird, an attack like that was nothing.
[break][break]
Knowing the dual bug/grass type wouldn't be able to keep it up for much longer, he indicated that Rook should finish it. Getting the message, Rook used Pluck against the Leavanny, causing it to faint. With that out of the way, he prepared himself to help out the older male if he needed it, though he made sure to keep an eye on the Oranguru in case it sent out another Pokémon.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights