Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,473 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Study of Friendship (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 0:40:01 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Today, Thomas was expecting someone.

A University student, studying evolution, was stopping by to take a look at some of the Pokemon that lived on his Ranch. Always happy to aid in the studies of Evolution, Thomas gladly accepted, setting up an appointment.

Thomas gathered different Pokemon, all with one common theme. The Pokemon all evolved, or could evolve, through high Friendship. The Eevee in his arms was just one of them, one who couldn't resist the chance to spend time with his master.

As Thomas waited for their guest to arrive, he would begin to pet the Eevee gently.

tags: @elliot
notes: Mission Start - Employment: Act I

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 11:36:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Elliot was running a bit... late.

Having stayed up half the night working on his paper that was due in a few days. The university student had lost track of time. And before he knew it, he dozed off around 1 AM. Only to awaken over ten minutes late to the bus! Having to scramble to get showered and dressed.

The young man quickly clipped his pokeballs to his belt and rushed out of his dorm. Intent on catching the next one. With a fog of sleep heavy in his head. He wiped his eyes as the bus stopped at its destination.

A ranch.

And not just any ranch. But one owned by a person who could help him with his research for his essay! Stepping off the bus, Pichu held gently in his arms.

Elliot approached the man who he assumed ran this place. "H-Hello? Mr. Benoit, correct?" He asked somewhat flustered. "I apologize for my lateness. But I'm here for my appointment."

His lungs burned and his breath was somewhat short. His face looked lightly flush, yet his eyes twinkled with joy at the mere idea of seeing more Pokemon.

Letting the Pichu run up his arm and sit on his shoulder. The youth put his fist to his mouth as he let out a series of light coughs. Before calming down and apologizing. "F-Forgive me, I ran myself in a tizzy to get here. I may have over-exerted myself. I'm fine." Eyeing the Eevee he smiled warmly.

"Oh! So it's an Eevee? I have one too! Let me get her- Come on out Penelope!" He said as he pulled out a Pokeball and released a plain brown furred fox-like Pokemon. It mewled upon release before noticing the other Eevee and making its way toward it. "Oh, right. Onto business, I suppose. Sorry, when it comes to Pokemon I just get overwhelmed with affection."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,473 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 21:15:55 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas watched the student as he approached. Thomas could immediately spot the signs of the man being out of breath getting here.

"Yeah, welcome to Duvet Ranch.", Thomas told the younger man with a warm smile.

Rather than waiting for him to come, the Pokemon in question decided to approach the student themselves. A Pikachu, a Lucario, a Togetic, an Umbreon, a Blissey, and a Snom. The six of them would approach the student curiously.

"I guess they just couldn't contain themselves any longer.", Thomas remarked with a chuckle.

Jeryn, the Pikachu, would look up at the Pichu in the student's arms. The Togetic would flutter around the man curiously. The Lucario would quietly scan him with his Aura, before quickly warming up and greeting him. The Umbreon approached the man calmly, giving him a sniff. The Blissey would wave to the man, while the Snom rested on top of her head.

"These are Jeryn, Billy, Cobalt, Penumbra, Miss Bliss, and Chione.", he'd introduce the group.

notes: Mission Start - Employment: Act I

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 13:54:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Surrounded by the various Pokemon filled the young man with joy. It reminded him of home, in a way. It was very familiar and comfortable. And as the Pokemon warmed up to him, Elliot couldn't help but reach out and pet the ones that came closer to him. He was so wrapped up in his feelings that he almost forgot why he was there! Right, this wasn't a petting zoo! He had a job to do!

Focusing his attention on he instead started to question the rancher. "These are all lovely Pokemon. But I'm quite curious, when did they evolve if you remember? And what exactly triggered it? Was it in battle? Or during a leisure activity?" Trying to put on a more professional air. Or as much as he could while kneading the paw of the Umbreon.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,473 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 15:59:36 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Pokemon that got close would allow the student to pet them. Jeryn and Billy in particular seemed to eat it up the most. Penumbra also found himself quickly warming up to the student, rubbing against him, and allowing him to knead his paw. That wasn't to say that Miss Bliss and Chione didn't enjoy the attention. They would gladly allow the young man to show them his affection.

"Penumbra is the only one of the group that came to me already fully evolved. I found him suffering from the effects of Toxic on Route 120, nearly four years ago. I gave him some quick treatment, before capturing him to get some more thorough treatment here.", he'd explain to the student.

"As for the others, Miss Bliss, Billy, and Jeryn all evolved during different cuddle sessions.", he'd admit to Elliot. "Miss Bliss evolved while she was cuddling me, and some of the Audino. Jeryn evolved during my last days in Unova, I was feeding her berries, and snuggling up to her, when she just evolved. Billy evolved when I joined in on him and one of my Audino cuddling.", he'd recall, smiling as he thought about it. The three would let out adorable giggles.

"Cobalt here evolved after a hard earned victory against a vicious Ursaring terrorizing the area. He went from a badly injured Riolu I found along the Jagged Pass, to a badass warrior after a month of training.", he'd continue. The Lucario would briefly pump his paw at the memory of the victory.

"Gene here hasn't decided on what he wants to be yet. Otherwise, he would've evolved into an Espeon, Umbreon, or Sylveon a while ago.", Thomas told Elliot with a chuckle. The Eevee licked Thomas' cheek affectionately.

"Chione here is also very close to evolving. If you'd like to stick around, I'd be happy to let you observe, and take notes.", he'd offer, knowing that Snom evolved through Friendship as well.

notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 15:02:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Elliot's eyes sparkled at the various tales of each pokemon. And how they each evolved. Or in some cases, have yet to evolve. It was very heartwarming to hear each story. Which pulled at the young man's heart strings. Mention of Snom evolving soon. A question popped up in the brunette's head. As he found himself asking Thomas the question that he was nagging him. "How do you know when a pokemon is ready to evolve? Is there signs? Or even hints?" He couldn't help but ask. His curiosity and excitement filling him to the brim.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,473 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 1:26:28 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Snom began to cheer and bounce on top of the Blissey's head. Thomas walked over, holding out the palm of his hand to the little bug. The Snom would gladly lean into his hand, rubbing her head against it eagerly. The Snom let out a happy cry as Thomas began to stroke her head.

"It depends on the Pokemon. Most Pokemon have a measured point where they evolve, which they mostly reach by battle. But there are exceptions to the rule, in which you find some evolved Pokemon in the wild, that haven't quite reached the point they should. Though others, like the ones in my company, tend to evolve as they warm up to the trainer. The happier they are around you, the more you've bonded, the closer you are to evolution. But however it's done, the moment it happens is explicitly clear.", he'd tell the student.

The Snom began to feel the effects of the weather around them, slumping over the Blissey's head tiredly.

"Let's get Chionne to the biomes. If you'd follow me, I can give you a quick showing of how I keep Pokemon not acclimated to the fields comfortable.", he'd offer Elliot.

If Elliot were to accept, Thomas would lead the man down a nearby hatch, going into some tunnels below the Ranch.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 13:19:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"I see!" The young man expressed thoughtfully. It made sense, after all. Perhaps Pokemon in the wild are sometimes able to obtain more strength with bonds. Was it why some Pokemon group together with their own? Did they mimic that bonding behavior they have in the wild with humans? It was food for thought!

As Thomas beckoned for the brunette to follow him down a hatch. Elliot nodded in understanding and followed him down to further see what he had to show them. Excitement filled their body as he travelled down into the depths. Curious what they would see next.
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,473 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 4:52:10 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Upon making it through the hatch, Elliot would find the tunnel to be cool, and well-lit. The walls of the tunnel were lined with lights, to allow them to see.

Thomas would take a coat off of the rack near the entrance. "Feel free to take one as well. It's only gonna get colder, where we're going.", he'd inform the student, as he slipped on his coat.

If Elliot were to look up, he'd notice signs with a snowflake symbol above the path they were going down. Eventually, they would reach a mock-up ice cavern, with several Ice-type Pokemon happily inhabiting the area. A Sneasel and Weavile pair skated along a slick section of the floor.

The Snom on top of the Blissey's head would feel herself being invigorated by the environment around them, bouncing excitedly as she felt the cold.

"This is what separates Duvet Ranch from the competition. Underground biomes for Pokemon of differing needs. Many either don't do well in Hoenn's climate, or could negatively impact the natural climate of the Ranch above. So we carved out underground tunnels, created different chambers to imitate different terrains, to home them in the best possible way.", he'd explain to Elliot.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 16:06:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Taking a coat off the rack he put it on and followed Thomas through well-lit cave system. "This is.... very impressive. Amazing, even. It must've taken a lot of time and resources to make this!" Elliot expressed honestly in awe of what the man managed to do. Truth to his word it began to get colder as they went further into the cave's tunnel. Elliot held his coat a bit tighter to himself as he followed the Rancher down the earth-worn path. Excited to see what was next.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,473 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 2:42:15 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"No expense was spared in the creation of these tunnels. But then, nothing is too much for my friends.", he'd remark to Elliot, a gentle smile on his face.

Once they reached the chamber, a Glaceon would rush Thomas. The tall man crouched down to greet the Ice-type, who eagerly nuzzled Thomas. The Glaceon stood on his hindlegs, forepaws resting on Thomas thighs as the Kalosian nuzzled and petted him.

The Snom, invigorated by the cold environment, jumped off of the Blissey's head, diving into a pile of snow to eat.

A Cubchoo would walk up to Elliot, staring up at him with sweet little eyes. He would hold out his arms, as if asking to be picked up, and hugged.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 15:30:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Elliot could see they wasted no expense on this place. Elliot wasn't a math person, but he could tell this place cost a pretty poke dollar to make! The young man was in awe as thoughts of helping Pokemon actively ran through his mind. This whole place reminded him of home. A far more elaborate home, but home nonetheless. Like his farm where he helped his folks raise all sorts of Pokemon. Kneeling down as he noticed the Cubchoo wanted his attention. He picked it up and cradled it gently, like a little baby. "Aren't you the cutest thing?" He turned his attention towards Thomas as he gave his own gentle smile.

"They're all well cared for, and healthy. It's wonderful to see." He flushed suddenly realizing he came off as rude. "N-Not that I don't think you would care for your Pokemon! Of course you would, it's just-" He attempted to look small. His gaze towards the ground. "Uh, well, this whole place reminds me of my home on the farm in Johto! A very advanced version at least! Uh, what I'm trying to say is this feels very familiar and comforting. It makes me wish I could do more with Pokemon than just studying about them..."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,473 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 10:36:15 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Cubchoo let out a happy little cry as the man cradled him. The Cubchoo attempted to hug him with his stubby little arms, while giving him a sweet look.

As the man began to stumble over his wording, Thomas chuckled a bit. "Don't worry, I understand what you mean.", he reassured the Johtoan. "I know there are places that treat their Pokemon less than ethically. I try my best to make sure this place is anything but.", he'd continue, smiling as he looked on at his Pokemon.

"Believe me when I say that studying the Pokemon themselves is a great service to us all. The better we understand them, the better we can care for them.", he'd tell Elliot. "But as you know, there are multiple ways to get involved with them. Training them, Breeding them, competing in Contests with them. The possibilities are endless.", he'd continue.

The Snom, upon finishing her meal, leaped towards Thomas. The Kalosian scooped the Snom into his hands, nuzzling her affectionately. The Snom, in turn, nuzzled him back, letting out cheerful sounds.

That was when her body began to float and glow. The light would continue to shift in shape. "Watch your eyes.", he'd advise Elliot, before shielding his, before the big flash.

The Frosmoth that emerged from the light practically tackled Thomas into a pile of snow, snuggling up to him. Thomas would hug Chionne back. "I'm so proud of you, girl!", he told the newly evolved Frosmoth.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights