thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mourning
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 9:28:52 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beckbase"]
[attr="class","beck1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","beckimg"]

[attr="class","beck2"]

but where will they leave to? this is their home—their universe—there is nothing to escape. this is where they belong.[break][break]

the door closes behind him as he steps back into the supposed comfort of what was once his house. things look familiar if he tries hard enough but he doesn't bother.[break][break]

he is a stranger in his own home.[break][break]

and, for once in forever, he is speechless.[break][break]

// mission

[attr="class","beck3"]
[attr="class","beckpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.beckbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5d5d5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beckbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beckimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beckimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beckpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.beckpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.beck2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit.
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
mourning
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 13:44:35 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Numbly, she follows Theo to his home. She’s never been inside before, so the space is as strange and new as it would have been yesterday? Twenty years ago?[break][break]

Her mind is still struggling to sort it out.[break][break]

But Blue doesn’t know what else to do after so much time spent trailing in the other’s shadow. It’s near instinctive to follow him to every corner of reality.[break][break]

No, she knows where she needs to go. She needs to find , and ensure that time really hasn’t passed at all.[break][break]

That he is still in the same state she left him in.[break][break]

But she can’t leave Theo’s side, either. Not when the shock of having twenty years added on, only to be stripped away is so fresh.[break][break]

“Theo..?” She can’t leave him like this, because he doesn’t seem right.[break][break]

Not to her.

[break][break]
[break][break]

// post-gg

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#677fb5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mourning
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 4:12:42 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck1"]

[attr="class","beckimg"]

[attr="class","beck2"]

in motostoke, he had made something of his home. he decorated it, filled it with small things that made it his own. he thinks of the mantle above the fireplace; of the accolades he had earned for his service to the kingdom.[break][break]

"i..."[break][break]

he thinks of , of , and of the life he had been so grateful to have found. he looks around now and can't feel anything but an absence.[break][break]

"i don't know what to do."[break][break]

// mission

[attr="class","beck3"]

[newclass=.beckbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beckimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beck3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
mourning
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 3:42:16 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“What do you mean?” It’s a question borne of cluelessness. She isn’t adept to this, even after decades of companionship. She’s never been the one with the right thing to say.[break][break]

But it’s obvious, isn’t it? This isn’t what Theo wanted. There’s something defeated in the way he looks around his home.[break][break]

Or what used to be his home. Now she figures it must just feel like the hollow shell of a house.[break][break]

It’s starkly different to the space they’d occupied in Motostoke. Minimal and bare. If she returns to her own apartment here, she figures it’ll feel similar—save for the pair of poochyena waiting for her, who she’s sorely missed all this time.[break][break]

But the difference is that Blue is still glad to be back.[break][break]

She steps forward to stand beside him, peering up with obvious concern written across a face twenty years younger again.[break][break]

It pains her to see him at a loss. She feels it deep in the marrow of her bones. “I think…it’s okay to grieve, y’know?” A thing she never thought she’d hear herself say.

[break][break]
[break][break]

// post-gg

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mourning
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 7:24:33 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck1"]

[attr="class","beckimg"]

[attr="class","beck2"]

eventually, his gaze falls on her.[break][break]

"i once criticized you for being stubborn. for not moving on. for holding on to the past. i never quite understood why it was so difficult for you."[break][break]

a breath.[break][break]

"i do now."[break][break]

a pause.[break][break]

"this is not my life, blue."[break][break]

// mission

[attr="class","beck3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
mourning
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 19:45:23 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Something sinks in her chest that she doesn’t know how to interpret. A weight that comes with understanding despite the fact that she would like to argue and reason with him.[break][break]

Blue chews her lip before letting out a slow breath.[break][break]

She’s not going to criticize him in the same way. Obviously, they both know that it had been a futile thing for her. Though in time, she’d at least come to accept the years as they rolled by.[break][break]

His words wake a new sort of fear in her, though. One she doesn’t know what to make of–the prospect of what might happen should she lose him to this.[break][break]

“Well…maybe if–” Something in her voice wobbles and the suggestion of giving it time falters on the tip of her tongue.[break][break]

“You’re still–” my best friend. Waking up from a dream won’t change that. But it won’t be the same, either. Will it?[break][break]

“What do you want?”

[break][break]
[break][break]

// post-gg

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mourning
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 11:01:18 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]a long pause follows, further dragging down the weight of the silence around them.

"i don't know."

he looks away from her.

"what i do know is that i have no place here anymore. not in hoenn, not in rocket."
[attr="class","becktag"]
[newclass=.beck] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.beckmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.becktag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.beck b] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck i] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.beck a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beckpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
mourning
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 21:20:43 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She feels the weight of those twenty years bearing down on her shoulders. They sink heavy despite the fact that she’s young again.[break][break]

The memory of it all is sharp. The bad and all of the good. Good that was only possible because of Theo.[break][break]

Contact has never been a comfortable thing for her. The trust to allow is rare and fleeting. But he’s one of the few.[break][break]

So it doesn’t make her skin crawl with unease to let her arms slide around his middle in a hug. The steady thump of his heart in his chest against her ear is a reminder that this is real.[break][break]

They are in Hoenn, not Galar.[break][break]

This is a moment weighted in the what could’ve been that was allowed to play out for far longer than it should have.[break][break]

It’s his words that rattle through her and she leans back to look up at him with a frown. “That’s not true. Do you want to drown?” She asks the same question that has lingered with her for twenty years, the first shaft of light to break through the dark of her worst. Her lowest.

[break][break]
[break][break]

// post-gg

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mourning
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 12:27:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]contact has never been comfortable for him either but she is one of the few whom he has allowed close. their time together in a world far from here has made it so.

so when he feels her arms around him, he does not flinch nor does he shy away. he leans into it, embracing the temporary feeling of security that comes from it. he appreciates it and her in the moment.

"if that's the alternative."

he says gently.

"we should leave together, blue. there is nothing here for us."
[attr="class","becktag"]
[newclass=.beck] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.beckmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.becktag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.beck b] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck i] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.beck a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beckpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
mourning
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 12:45:26 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

There’s a moment of quiet before he speaks, a moment to let calm settle in. They’ve just been ripped away from something bigger than both of them. Impossibly big. So his words don’t land, they can’t be met.[break][break]

He didn’t let her frown, why would she let him?[break][break]

Her frown deepens, confusion flaring in the red of her eyes as she looks up at him. There is something here beyond him for her. Not in Rocket, though.[break][break]

So… Defection? Is that what he’s suggesting? The underboss?[break][break]

Reservation flares like a warning, but she humors him for a moment. “Leave to where?”

[break][break]
[break][break]

// post-gg

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mourning
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 12:52:51 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]"anywhere but here."

or kanto. or johto. perhaps galar even if it seems a little too on the nose.

"i had—have—networks established in other regions. we can use them and escape. would understand. he would. we would be fine."

has time clouded his perception of his friendship with the rocket boss? he's not sure.
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
mourning
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 16:08:08 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She frowns as she looks up at him. In the grand order of Rocket, she’s not much. Isn’t even worth much at all. She’s lucky that Theo had even looked twice at her and decided to draw out her potential in the first place.[break][break]
She’s only a lackey. She’s never met Walsh. But Theo’s assurance prompts caution. Wariness flairs in her chest like the first sparks of a wildfire. Danger.[break][break]
“I don’t…are you sure he would? Nothing I’ve heard really ever paints him as the understanding type, Theo.”[break][break]
A soft huff follows, somewhat relenting. “I think you’re right, though. I don’t think I can stay in Rocket anymore.”[break][break]
There had been a deeply buried seed of doubt long before they’d ever been thrust into Galar and lived twenty years. But the fact that it had happened only caused that seed to bloom over a period of time that accelerated the reality.[break][break]
“But I can’t leave Hoenn, Theo. Not permanently.”

[break][break]
[break][break]

// post-gg

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mourning
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 9:24:06 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]the sureness he voiced earlier fades when doubt starts to seep in. he leaves her question unanswered, not wanting to speak it into existence.

"why not?"

it only occurs to him then that he has never asked why she wanted to return to hoenn so much when they had first arrived in galar. why she refused to move on and to accept their new reality.

"what is there in hoenn for you?"
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
mourning
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 17:02:59 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

In her acceptance of their lot while they were in Galar, Blue realizes that she never did explain her desire to go home. Maybe it was chalked up to homesickness that’s never really done right by her, she doesn’t know.[break][break]

Just that in twenty years, she’s never fessed to any reason. She’s kept it hidden, tucked away against her heart because it was the only thing she had that served as a reminder.[break][break]

Somewhere to come back to. A barren apartment in Slateport. Housing someone dear.[break][break]

Now, she looks at him with uncertainty. Scared that it will widen the tiny crack that returning has brought about into a bigger gap.[break][break]

But like most confessions, the name tumbles off her tongue before she can think to lie.[break][break]

“Shinra is here.”

[break][break]
[break][break]

// post-gg

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mourning
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 10:11:42 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]shinra.

the name sounds familiar enough. should galar not have happened, then maybe he would have remembered the name from when he familiarized himself with her situation.

recognition never comes.

"who?"
[attr="class","becktag"]