Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,335 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
OPHANIM [RKS]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 1:01:26 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi's chest swelled with pride as Isaac's entire team of loyal companions came to her aid. Watson's powerful TERA BLAST was a poignant, perfectly timed example of her own stated belief that even the smallest, most unexpected, seemingly harmless person - or in this case, Pokémon - could still make a huge difference, especially when fighting side-by-side with those they loved. Watson had a heart of gold and a massive amount of determination; just like Isaac, he didn't need fancy, legendary abilities: he just needed to be himself.[break][break]
When the dust cleared, Holo looked angrier than ever. Nomi flashed her a wicked smile, full of defiance.[break][break]
"The Unown are sentient creatures - thinking and feeling, flesh and blood!" She gestured at the two that flanked her. "You fear them choosing another Avatar? The very fact that they seem to have a choice is a testament to their free will, is it not?"[break][break]
Nomi refused to believe the Unown to be thoughtless constructs of some predestined universe; she knew each one of hers as individuals as much as a collective. And even when they worked together, they seemed to operate with some measure of autonomy. They operated as a team, as a family.[break][break]
Nomi took a step forward, Alpha and Nu countering Holo's Unown-K with beams of their own. Blasts of HIDDEN POWER collided around the three humans, illuminating their pixelated surroundings.[break][break]
"Funny you should mention Arceus," the pink-haired scientist continued. "We're looking for it, actually. The prospect of it noticing us seems to frighten you, which makes me all the more eager to find out what will happen when we meet."[break][break]
With a sudden quickness, Holo teleported via her Unown to Isaac's side. She grappled him, attempting to hold him down as her Unown readied another attack. Nomi's pair of Unown quickly blinked out of existence and reappeared next to Isaac, preparing to defend him. Nomi hurried forward; was the fighter, not her, but she would not stand by and let Isaac die, that was for certain.[break][break]
"The Architect and the Purifier?" Nomi echoed. "We're not beholden to the labels of others, even our other versions. Our futures belong to us."[break][break]
With an effort, she threw herself at Holo, intending to wrestle Isaac free from her grasp.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

STAGE ???

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
OPHANIM [RKS]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 3:25:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Oh yeah? And we're just here to breathe, eat food, and pop out babies. But you don't see us settling for that, now do you?" Isaac's explanation was way blunter than Nomi's, yet they both struck at the same truth. "Miss me with all that 'love is just chemicals' bullshit. You're not just what you're made to be."[break][break]

Their defiance had not gone unnoticed. Hidden Power after Hidden Power rained down on him and Nomi. With each that came, Team Isaac stepped up to the plate. Isaac slid off of Akane's back so she could make the first strike, her titular Iron Thorns launching to snipe beams out of the sky. Ferrus Manus moved to Detect any she missed, blocking them with repulsor shields that pulsed outward from his hands. It took all their focus, but they held back the tide.[break][break]

With each beam came more rationalization. While every universe risked causing an Origin Point, theirs had come the closest to doing so. It wasn't just Avatars, but everything; Megas, Z-Moves, Sygna Suits, even the Tera energy shimmering off of Watson. Every opportunity the League and Rocket pushed them another step closer to danger.[break][break]

Everyone swept up in this role had a war to play. That included Nomi, the sure inheritor of the Unown's Architect. It also included Isaac, who who Dr. Holo was now calling the Purifier. Her claims had more weight to them than ever, but something about them stuck in Isaac's craw.[break][break]

Before he could figure out why, she went on the attack.[break][break]

Isaac let out a strangled gasp as Dr. Holo's arm shot around his throat. Even compared to on a bad day, her grip was tight. Isaac dropped his weight, widened his base, and kept his hands up, but she wasn't just going sparring style. Worse still, her headlock was the least of his problems. The Unown rotating above his head seemed ready to scramble his brain at a moment's notice.[break][break]

"Wait, Nomes-!" Isaac called, trying to stop her approach before things got physical. If they did, the brain scrambling might actually began. "I . . . I got a few more questions. The doc's brought up some points worth thinking about, y'know?"[break][break]

Watson looked at what was going on, baffled. He turned to Knuckles; surely she wouldn't let this slide, right? Yet, in the face of Isaac's hesitation, she squeezed her eyes shut and knelt down in surrender. Ogrelord followed suit, head bowed low to the ground. Even Akane seemed to settle, her green glow dying down as she took a few steps back. Just what was going on here? Were they all really just giving up?[break][break]

"If these powers are gonna be the end of us, why're they all here? And if you're trying to keep us off Arceus' radar, does that mean you're trying to save our worlds instead of destroying them? And if you're really just doing this all to try and help, how can I help you? Please, tell me!"

The more Isaac spoke, the more things would start to change along the battlefield. Aura, near-imperceptible, would build up around Knuckles' hands and feet. Ogrelord's hair would start to unravel, rising up his back in great waves. Spikes would detach from Akane's back, surrounding her like an array of glowing satellites. All the while, Isaac kept talking, kept asking questions.[break][break]

A wise man once said, "don't watch the mouth, watch the hands."[break][break]

It would be that last, impassioned plea, aimed not at Dr. Holo but at his team, that would get them to spur into action. Knuckles would surge forward in a burst of Extremespeed, blurring into the air to try and knock the Unown away before it could attack. Shortly after her, Ogrelord's mane fell in great pointed tendrils. Its False Surrender aimed not to harm the Unown, but to leave it surrounded by a cage of dark type tendrils.[break][break]

Isaac himself would bring his forearm towards the space between Dr. Holo's fingers. Something would have to give as he started pushing, and even the best executed grip was weaker than a humerus. Were he able to break the hold, he would duck under Dr. Holo's arms and try to snag her into a tight full nelson of his own. All the while, Akane waited in the wings, meteoric energy crackling around her body.[break][break]

This would be a much better position to ask questions from.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Isaac's Paradoxes do their best to block Unown's Hidden Powers as Dr. Holo and Nomi go back and forth. Isaac (mostly) quietly listens along.[break]
Grappled and held at Unown-point, Isaac asks Nomi to stop (Nelle consented to this) so he can ask some questions. He and his team seem to have surrendered.[break]
As he asks a long, distracting array of questions, Knuckles the Lucario and Ogrelord the Grimmsnarl ready attacks of their own.[break]
Right when he finishes, Knuckles tries to smack the Unown out of the sky with Extremespeed, while Ogrelord uses its False Surrender to try and cage it with hair.[break]
Isaac himself tries to break the hold, and if possible reverse into a full nelson of his own.[break]
He'd much rather have Dr. Holo answer their questions under the barrel of a potential Z-Move.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

NPC

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
207 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
OPHANIM [RKS]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 1:13:31 GMT
NPC Avatar

RKS: NOMI & iSAAC

MOD POST

"it is abnormal! an anomaly!" Dr. Holo says of the Unown's implied sensibilities. She tightens her arm and her Unown-K rotates faster. "i'm afraid your abomination of a world is beyond saving now. the only way you two can help us would be to die."

As attempts to reach her—or perhaps, she hesitates due to 's plea—the blond's Pokemon launch into action. Distracted by and Isaac's barrage of inquiries, the operation succeeds.

The UNOWN-K is struck into the air and caged with hair, eliciting a frustrated cry from The DRK Triad member.

"there and back again!" She shouts.

Before Isaac can grapple Dr. Holo into a nelson, her UNOWN-K manages to strike her with a HIDDEN POWER through Grimmsnarl hairs.

She's TELEPORTED instantaneously. For now, the two are alone with the UNOWN-K. There is little time before Holo's return..

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,335 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
OPHANIM [RKS]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 2:00:24 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

And just like that, they were alone.[break][break]
Well, not alone. Holo's Unown-K remained, tangled up in Ogrelord's hairy prison. Nomi's mind raced with possible actions they could take before the DRK Triad agent returned: and she would return, of that Nomi was certain, intent on eliminating them. They had minutes, maybe seconds, to act.[break][break]
Looking frantically around at the "walls" surrounding them, which were covered in a pixelated pattern of binary sequences, it was clear that they were still trapped in the RKS Machine with no exit in sight.[break][break]
No unless...not unless they made one.[break][break]
"Isaac," she addressed him calmly, with sudden clarity. "Don't let Ogrelord hurt Holo's Unown-K. We need its help."[break][break]
Taking out several Pokeballs - nearly the entire team she'd brought along for this particular journey - Nomi released three more Unown: Watt (W), Vin (V), and Bang (!). They joined Alpha (A) and Nu (N), the five of them floating around Nomi like a small army of eyeballs. She approached the Unown-K caught in the hair, watching as it stared down at her, its expression as neutral and enigmatic as ever.[break][break]
"We're going to get out of here," she said to it, her voice taking on a kindly tone. "Why don't you come with us?" She gestured at the others. "You can be part of our family." She smiled, fiercely confident. "It's a damn good one. We're capable of so much more than she thinks we are."[break][break]
She being Holo, of course.[break][break]
To Isaac, Nomi explained, "I have a plan. When they work together, Unown can warp reality, build anything the imagination can conjure. I need you - all of you - " she pointed at Watson and the rest of his team. " - to help. Imagine what it would be like to get out of here, to return home. I don't know if it will work but..." she nodded, resolved. "It's worth a shot."[break][break]
With that, she closed her eyes, envisioning her office on the Rocket submarine - every detail. The silent, permanently frozen Deoxys core and the field journal she'd brought home from the Ancient Tomb sitting on her desk. Half-finished experiments, test tubes filled with colorful liquid. Tera crystals glinting under harsh fluorescent lights. The couch she'd ordered so would have a place to nap.[break][break]
If there was one thing Nomi had learned from her scientific work recently, it was the remarkable, seemingly unending power of the imagination.[break][break]
"Unown!" She called out to them. "Please create a way for us to leave the RKS Machine!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

STAGE ???

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
OPHANIM [RKS]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 2:34:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Way ahead of you, Nomes." Ogrelord let out an offended an offended rasp at Nomi's insinuations. "Why do you think he used a net instead of going for the KO?"[break][break]

Yet, with Dr. Holo gone, Isaac had no more need for either of those plans. He whistled, and Ogrelord's hair drifted back towards the rest of his body. Akane kept her energy channeled, scanning the horizon for any sign of Dr. Holo returned, but the rest of Team Isaac had long ceased their aggression.[break][break]

"Sorry 'bout the mess there, little buddy," said to the Unown, stooping down to give it a little smile. "Pretty sure the good doctor was gonna twist my head off if we didn't do something. You okay?"[break][break]

He wasn't gonna hog too much of the Unown's attention. That was for Nomi to take and for him to gently assist with. He took a step back as the rest of Nomi's alphabet came onto the scene. The previous Unown were to tip the scales against Dr. Holo. These Unown were to show the Unown K that it wasn't alone. With no need for hostility, Nomi's warm heart and genuine nature could show themselves in earnest.[break][break]

It was more than just a last shot at making friends. It was also, potentially, the only way they'd make it out of here. For a moment, Isaac was back in the digital world. His doppelganger's fingers closed around his windpipe. His body began unraveling, atom by atom, byte by byte. He was just feeling the darkness of the end, the inevitable endpoint of his current path. Then, at the edge of his fading vision, the Architect worked their magic.[break][break]

This had happened before. If anyone could make lightning strike twice, it was Nomi.[break][break]

Isaac stood by her side, squeezing his eye shut as well. He remembered riding through the Hoenn region without a care in the world, his bike beneath him and the winds at his back. He remembered how a cold, grey little runaway could blossom into a man with all the potential in the multiverse, so long as he just gave himself a second chance. He remembered friends he could have never imagined making, family he could have never imagined finding, love he could have never imagined experiencing.[break][break]

A hairy hand settled upon his shoulder. A grin spread across Ogrelord's face as he remembered their Dynamax practice together, standing as a living beacon of hope for the people of Motostoke. They'd already had to leave behind a fantasy that rocked. Why the hell were they gonna stick around in a fantasy that sucked?[break][break]

Ferrus Manus' massive hand damn near wrapped around Ogrelord's whole body. In the beginning, there was nothing. From that nothing came great strength. He had yet to truly explore the horizons of what he was capable of, yet what little he had explored proved promising. He refused to let his endeavors end before they truly began.[break][break]

Neo leaned against the Paradox's foot. She remembered the day she and Isaac came upon a fellow trainer in a cave. She remembered how they risked everything to stare down a rampaging bull of her species, all to protect a stranger's smile. One had tried to show her kindness once, and she had no idea how to reciprocate. Now, it was finally her turn.[break][break]

Knuckles' paw rested atop her shell. She, too, had learned kindness, from a beaten down victim to a paranoid lab rat to a beloved companion. Trial after trial tried to shake her resolve; nearly falling to her death atop a dragon's back, her trainer nearly drowning just to bring her a Mega Stone, realizing the price her great power brought to bear when she struck her former master down in cold blood. Yet, through it all, they always stood by each other's side. How could she justify hiding from the many more that followed?[break][break]

Akane took Knuckles' paw in one claw and Nomi's hand in the other. Ferrus may have been born of nothing, but she still carried the brunt of memories not entirely her own. Knuckles knew the trials of the present. Akane knew the trials of the past, hazy echoes of how a weedy, uncertain boy grew into someone the world was better off for knowing. She knew how much Isaac had fought to get to where he was today. She knew that the path only got harder from here. She knew he'd walk it regardless with a smile on his face. The one who gave her life could no longer walk it by his side. She'd find meaning along that path, and no interdimensional fuckery could stop her.[break][break]

Watson, who hopped between Nomi and Isaac to complete the circuit, just had one thought on his mind; getting home for a victory feast![break][break]

"Let me tell you something, Doc." With his eye still closed, Isaac had no idea if Dr. Holo had returned. With a serene smile on his face, it was clear he didn't care. "I'm not just 'that boy.' I'm not just some Blackwing Biker. And I'm sure as hell not just The Purifier. You wanna know who I really am?"[break][break]

"My name is Isaac Merlo!"[break][break]

"I'm not gonna let you destroy my world!"[break][break]

"And there's no chance in hell you're gonna stop us from getting home!"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
207 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
OPHANIM [RKS]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 22:33:51 GMT
NPC Avatar

MOD POST

NAOMI CONSTRUCTS HER PLAN BEFORE ISAAC AND THE LONE UNOWN-K. Despite her amiable approach, her confidence cradled soft by empathy, Dr. Holo's UNOWN-K seems hesitant. Nervous.

It knows too much. Knows of the risk it would be taking should it turncoat. Even communicating what it knows to the Rocket Head Scientist would jeopardize this very reality. This very universe.

Still, it feels warmth. The same warmth it felt when the universe was first created. The same warmth that is stretching further and further, growing colder and so impossibly colder.

The UNOWN-K complies as defies THE DRK TRIAD. His cosmological belligerence crashes upon infinite darkness, but he can eventually hear disembodied snark.

However, her voice is faint. Garbled. Instead, vague shapes of UNOWN appear to spell out her snide remarks against the black canvas of this void:

"🆂🅾 🅵🆄🆃🅸🅻🅴! 🆂🅾 🅽🅰🅸🆅🅴! 🅰🅻🅻 🅿🅰🆃🅷🆂 🅻🅴🅰🅳 🆃🅾 🆃🅷🅴 🆂🅰🅼🅴 🅴🅽🅳. 🆆🅷🅴🆃🅷🅴🆁 🆆🅴 🅳🅴🆂🆃🆁🅾🆈 🆈🅾🆄 🅾🆁 🆈🅾🆄 🅳🅴🆂🆃🆁🅾🆈 🆈🅾🆄🆁🆂🅴🅻🆅🅴🆂 🅼🅰🆃🆃🅴🆁🆂 🅻🅸🆃🆃🅻🅴... 🆂🅾 🆂🅴🅻🅵🅸🆂🅷! 🆂🅾 🆂🅼🅰🅻🅻-🅼🅸🅽🅳🅴🅳!"

The UNOWN in 's possession begin to create a means of escape.

ESCAPE BY THE SKIN OF YOUR UNOWN

USING THE LIMITED NUMBER OF UNOWN in 's possession, spell out a word that can help everyone escape. You may also use the UNOWN-K to assist you. You may be abstract as you'd like; however, explain your reasoning if you can in some way!

Hurry now. Before it's too late.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,335 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
OPHANIM [RKS]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 0:23:33 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi's eyes snapped open, twin rubies fixating immediately on the Unown-K. She had sensed it moving - and sure enough, it was slowly floating closer to Nomi, as if drawn by the warm, familial invitation she had extended to it...but then it stopped. Hesitated. Regarded her with what she thought might be a worried narrowing of its singular eye.[break][break]
Next to her, the other Unown were chaining together, circling and vibrating and glowing with power. A tear in reality was beginning to form, a black void ripping right through the RKS purgatory they were trapped in. The narrow strip, the tiniest of portals, was opening painstakingly slow. Way too slow.[break][break]
Nomi glanced at Isaac and his team, watching as sweat beaded on her friend's forhead as he strained his mind, worked to counter the cosmic limitations being forced upon his imagination. No matter how hard they tried - human and Pokémon alike - it wasn't enough.[break][break]
Holo's disembodied voice - faint, but confident, certain of her imminent return - could be heard echoing throughout the virtual chamber. Her words projected onto the walls, vague Unown shapes spelling them out for Nomi to read. As she did so, the Head Scientist's fists clenched. She would not let Holo get the better of them.[break][break]
She would not let Holo steal her resolve; she refused to believe all paths lead to the same end: their demise.[break][break]
They were going to create a new path, and walk down it with their heads held high.[break][break]
But that meant there had to be a way to escape...a way to strengthen the portal her Unown had started to create. What could bolster them? Frantically, she wracked her brain, each second that ticked away bringing them closer to death.[break][break]
A sudden memory popped into Nomi's mind - summoned by her desperation, perhaps - of talking to recently about the Meteno Deoxys core. If we can find the other Deoxys, the one that had once been bonded with Killian Decker, we might be able to wake the sleeping Meteno one ... have them communicate with one another ...[break][break]
"We need more Unown," she gasped, the realization causing her whole body to surge with a sudden burst of adrenaline. But where could they find more Unown? If only they had a full set, every letter -[break][break]
Wait. They did have one. Rocket had a full set of Unown![break][break]
"I know what to do," she declared.[break][break]
Turning to her own Unown as they struggled to create a way out, she said eagerly, "Nu and Bang! I need you to spell something for me." They faltered, their eyes turning on her. "Alpha, Vin, and Watt: keep the door open! We can't let that portal close completely."[break][break]
The Unown-A, Unown-V, and Unown-W bobbed up and down in response, straining, glowing intensely as the other two broke away from them. Nomi pointed, lining them up the way she wanted. Flipping Bang upside-down, so that it became an "i" instead. Just one letter missing.[break][bReak]
"Please," she turned to the Unown-K. Holo's Unown. "We need you. Our family needs you."[break][break]
She showed it where to go. For a second, her heart sank, as it remained stoically in place.[break][break]
But then it moved. It lined up with the others just as she'd requested. And when they were all together, they spelled:[break]
K-I-N
[break]
"ROCKET UNOWN! YOUR KIN REQUEST AID!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

STAGE ???

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
OPHANIM [RKS]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 0:50:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Huh? But we don't have a-"[break][break]

With just a quick twirl of Nomi's hand, Isaac was left grinning from ear to ear. That was his bestie, alright. Always finding a way to think outside the box. One vowel became two, and that second vowel was all they'd need to make it out of here.[break][break]

Maybe the Unown would come flooding out. Maybe they'd need a little more persuasion. Whether they arrived or not, thus spoke Isaac.[break][break]

"The good doctor says no matter what we do, nothing's gonna change. We're all gonna be dead in the ground, one way or another. And you know what?"[break][break]

"I believe her."[break][break]

He paused, contemplating the enormity of the infinite space stretching out before him. He contemplated Holo's own Unown, spelling the message of their doomsday. He contemplated the cold embrace of the void; faced once by his own false choice, faced again by loving sacrifice, and defied at a thousand other opportunities.[break][break]

And then he smirked. It was time to do what he did best; shout defiantly into the void.[break][break]

"So if its all the same, who the hell cares what she has to say? Are you just gonna scoot in your little box and rot away to optimize your own death? Or are you gonna choose to live for yourselves, 'cause you've only got one chance before it all comes catching up to you?"[break][break]

"So c'mon, everyone! You know all the words that'll ever be spoken. Join us and use 'em to write your own fate!" He pointed towards the Unown shapes looming over them in the sky, raising his voice to ensure time and space themselves could hear him. "And I don't just mean the ones we're calling. All of you, too! If you're sick of just being some cog in a cosmic machine, get on down here and scream to be heard!"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
207 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
OPHANIM [RKS]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 5:57:46 GMT
NPC Avatar

MOD POST

KIN. Though it serves as the answer for their dilemma, it is also the desire of this UNOWN-K. Whether this sentimentality is a symptom of an anomaly or not does not matter.

For the feeling is real no matter what reality should be. What reality must be. Although fiction is an illusory pigment drawn from the veritable well, is the resulting experience and feeling stirred a ruse? Is it false?

From outside of THE MALFUNCTIONING RKS SIMULATION, releases the Team Rocket's UNOWN from their capsules. Though he is stoic in face, he paces around in short, limited cycles, his cane pitter-pattering on the metal floor.

Suddenly, a thin opening emerges: a black slit. Team Rocket's UNOWN rush through, their glyphic bodies filing through in rapid (alphabetical) fashion. After his surprise fades, the Boss smiles small. He leaves as the last Unown rushes through.

Although THE DRK TRIAD'S UNOWN do not respond to 's proselytism, it does reward him with a response from Dr. Holo, who has begun to materialize:

"the thing is, we're all klink in the machine whether we like it or not." Dr. Holo snarls. "kallistatus! return!" She calls to her UNOWN-K.

But the UNOWN-K disobeys. By now, and are wreathed in a swirling storm of TEAM ROCKET'S UNOWN. A bright light begins to glow around the sigil-swarm as the two and their Pokemon commence teleportation.

Dr. Holo commands her Unown to fire and as an all-consuming barrage of HIDDEN POWERS near, KALLISTATUS is reassured of its choice.

, , and their Pokemon allies disappear.

They do not return to the Rocket submarine. Their teleportation takes them to the UNOWN DIMENSION: an intermediary space they must traverse before returning home. Here, the UNOWN assess , scrutinize her, play with her. Her love of the UNOWN is deemed to be genuine; there is space in her heart for them, for there is no room there for corporate greed and projected insecurities.

[attr="class","chosen"]YOU ARE WORTHY
[attr="class","chosen2"]
the unown has chosen , the visionary, as their avatar.

nomi receives the following perks:

• nomi receives 10 infamy.

• nomi can TELEPORT.

• nomi's UNOWN can act as her sensory familiars, which means she can PSYCHICALLY LINK with any of her UNOWN on the field to see what they are seeing like a spy camera.

• nomi can COMMAND reality to change according to her bidding and with the help of her unown.

examples of reality alterations include manifesting illusions, altering the landscape, terrain, weather, manifest an object, or cause an object to disappear, etc.). this can not affect people or pokemon.

eventually, reality will revert back to normal. she can only use this ability once per thread (or more with roleplay partner permission).

• nomi can teleport into the UNOWN DIMENSION; however, she can not stay for too long lest it perceives her because of the harsh elements ill-fitted for human beings.

• you may add TEAM ROCKET'S COMPLETE SET OF UNOWN to your personal computer.

Eventually, the UNOWN take and back, outside of the now functioning RKS SIMULATION machine. Though they have survived this encounter, time will tell whether they will survive the next. And sensing this imminent danger, sensing the tipping scales within 's heart, a force unbeknownst to him wishes to protect him.

In the dark, THE DRK TRIAD declares as the THE VISIONARY: an anomalous designation much to Holo's chagrin.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,335 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
OPHANIM [RKS]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 2:36:47 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

They screamed to be heard, and in return, reality bent to their will.[break][break]
Kallistatus and its kin whisked them away to a realm of swirling blues and purples, twinkling with the lights of infinite galaxies, overwhelming in its vastness and unending possibility.[break][break]
"The Unown Dimension," she whispered, awed beyond belief as stars wheeled overhead. Nomi fell to her knees - finding nothing and everything beneath them, solidly immaterial. Isaac was there, but she couldn't see him all of a sudden - the Unown were circling her, all of them, wrapping her up in some kind of cosmological embrace.[break][break]
WE SEE YOU.
[break]
A voice in her mind. One voice that was all voices.[break][break]
JUST AS YOU SEE US.
[break]
Nomi gasped.[break][break]
A vision: bright, pure light. The first light. A warmth so comforting, so perfect, so promising that it brought her to tears. Everything that would ever be began at this moment: the spark of life, guided by the JUDGEMENT of the Original One. And from the mouth of creation, the womb of nature, came the language of the universe. Each one older than a life-age of the earth, impossibly wise, broken into pieces as a means to communicate with everything that would come after, digestible and innocuous, burdened by an innumerable loneliness.[break][break]
But they were no longer alone.[break][break]
YOU ARE WORTHY, NAOMI SATO. NOW YOU CANNOT UNSEE THE BEGINNING, AND TOGETHER, WE WILL SEE TO THE END.
[break]
Overcome with emotion, she nodded. They seemed to be waiting for something.[break][break]
And so, because she loved them, she said, "I accept."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

STAGE ???

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
OPHANIM [RKS]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 2:17:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]SIMULATION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: