Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Il Ristorante di Watson [S]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 4:19:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Parker had taken his advice. She'd agreed the Howling sounded like a good compromise of a date spot for someone not super into brewing culture, and she agreed to send her mystery date there ASAP.[break][break]

Shortly after, Isaac got a text from Nomi. Once he saw the contents of the message, he couldn't stop smiling.[break][break]

But he couldn't stand around grinning like an idiot forever. If this date was going to be at the Howling, then Isaac was going to have to be ready for action. He wasn't going to make himself the main character of this date or anything, but he had a lot of stake in the game. Nomi was an old friend of his. Parker was a new one. And the Howling, for as long as all this lasted, was his place of employment. All of them needed to make a good impression on each other. All of them deserved his best.[break][break]

It was time to be the best MC he could be.[break][break]

He'd pulled a few favors to ensure that he could score a shift at prime date hours. He'd bribed the cook on shift with tickets to a water park so he'd put his best into whatever orders Isaac brought from them. He'd even taught a certain pair of guest stars how to handle food deliveries in a pinch. Everything was going according to plan.[break][break]

Now, as the sun dipped down from the sky and Slateport's nightlife began to light its way across the city, Isaac waited for the main event to get started.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / +

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 19:21:08 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi arrived at the Howling wearing a cute, summery, low-cut floral dress. She'd let her long pastel-pink hair fall gracefully down her back in a waterfall of elegant waves, and she'd even put on makeup, adding just a touch of shimmery eyeshadow. A pair of strappy black sandals with small heels clicked against the pavement as she entered the familiar Rocket-run establishment.[break][break]
No Pokémon accompanied her, not even Valerian. She pulled out her phone to see if had texted anything, but there were zero messages - the last one between them had been the confirmation of the time and place they would be meeting. Nomi was in the right place, and she was also right on time. Nerves fluttered within her stomach like a small army of Butterfree; she glanced around, and - to her immense relief - spied behind the bar.[break][break]
"Isaac!" She hissed excitedly, hurrying over to him. "I don't think Parker's here yet. Do I...do I look okay?"[break][break]
She glanced down at herself, still not entirely aware of her own beauty, feeling self-conscious. It was unlike her to fret over her appearance but, well...[break][break]
When was the last time she'd actually been on a proper date?[break][break]
Cracks had started to form along the edges of the carefully curated safe Nomi had locked her heart within, exposing bits and pieces of something akin to hope. For the first time since meeting , Nomi was starting to believe that she had a chance.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"] |
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Sleepless in Slateport[break]
Date Night Fit[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 2:55:21 GMT
parker jones Avatar

the howling. she knows it's rocket-run and quite frankly, that's about it. she's never been for that very reason. parker isn't known for playing nice with others and she takes her solo act seriously - well, took. she even bought an outfit for the occasion.

and immediately feels silly and overdressed and not at all like herself and yet still immeasurably underwhelming compared to nomi in that adorable baby blue dress with those flowers and her hair isn't up in its normal work ponytail and - 

i'm just standing here. i can't just stand here. and wait, why is she talking to isaac? holy shit, is bro already wingmanning it for me?

damn, he's good.

she waves as she nears, smiling nervously while nomi's back is to her.

"sorry i'm a bit late. forgot to take the tags off the pants." WAIT, NO, DON'T TELL HER YOU JUST BOUGHT THIS!
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 3:13:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Haven't seen her yet," Isaac confirmed. Parker wasn't exactly the most subtle person. When she arrived, both he and Nomi would know. But that just meant Nomi was fashionably early. Emphasis on the fashionable, too; her dress matched her hair perfectly, and she was killing the look. It was a cliche, but did she even know how much of a stunner she was?[break][break]

"Okay doesn't even begin to cover it, Nomes," Isaac assured her. "When Parker shows up, you're gonna knock her dead. Trust me."[break][break]

Not that she'd be the only one. Parker was serving up a striking look, too, and the quick wave Isaac shot her would be the only warning Nomi was getting that her date had arrived. Were they the tiniest bit overdressed? Maybe. But there was something heartwarming about the way they tried so hard for each other.[break][break]

It was also heartwarming how Parker immediately fumbled it. It would be easy for her to think it was a mistake, because their first date probably felt like the most important thing in the universe to them. However, as someone whose first meeting with involved tripping on the fucking air, Isaac knew that a cute little botch was more endearing than embarrassing.[break][break]

"Good to see you two," he said, the easygoing charm of a bartender allowing him to both greet his friends and take a professional step back from the situation. "How about you two take some time to pick what you want to drink? I'll be right back with you." He handed them two menus with a flourish, then faded back to tend to some other customers.[break][break]

Now the two could have some much-desired alone time.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 2:32:44 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Parker's voice. Parker's voice.[break][break]
Nomi twirled around, feeling giddy, the bottom of her dress swishing cutely. Then she froze, immediately blushing a deep red as she took in Parker's...everything. Her hair, her grin, her outfit. The other woman was saying something about her pants, but Nomi didn't hear it. Her eyes had widened and her mouth had formed a small "o", the telltale signs of serious swooning.[break][break]
"You look amazing," she blurted out.[break][break]
An awkward heartbeat of silence passed, and then Isaac - bless him - greeted them both with his usual charismatic flair, menus appearing out of thin air which thankfully gave Nomi something to do with her hands. She grabbed one, smiling appreciatively at Isaac's retreating form, then scrutinized the options. Fancy cocktails weren't really her thing, so she flipped to the beer section.[break][break]
"So um, this is Howling," she said to Parker. "It's a cozy spot. Isaac's a great bartender. The owner's name is Zev, he's a be- " oh, right, they were in the public part of the bar. Not a good idea to mention Rocket business. " - busy man. Not always here."[break][break]
Suddenly, her eyes lit up and she pointed at the menu. "Oh hey, I love this brewery! They're a small family-owned operation in Dewford."[break][break]
It would be so easy to move just a little closer to Parker, close the gap between them. Nomi shifted slightly. The after-effects of whatever ordeal they'd endured at the Ancient Tomb still gnawed at her heart like a determined Weedle; her mind was convinced that Parker ought to have her arm around Nomi's waist possessively, but they weren't actually a couple...yet. Ever? Maybe.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"] |
[break]

NOTES

Date Night Fit[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 3:48:39 GMT
parker jones Avatar

isaac doesn't exist. the bar doesn't exist. the man to their right parker kind of thought looked like a frog doesn't exist. it's just nomi's skirt twirling and the stunned, giddy look in her carmine eyes as they zero in on her. she's blurting something out, but parker's brain is short-circuiting because she's thinking no one's ever looked at me like that. 

like she's the best thing to ever walk in a room.

and then there is silence, and the moment is gone, and suddenly the date is real. not fantasy. they have to get to the next part and parker should say something or do something - does she hug her? shake her hand? no, don't shake her hand. that's not - 

thank the gods for isaac. 

parker looks gratefully at her friend and then smiles tentatively over her menu at nomi. "wait, you know isaac?" she says. nomi crows over a family brewery and suddenly everything clicks.

"you sneaky sunovabitch," she calls down the bar at him with a wolfish grin. a couple patrons look their way. she doesn't care. 

"an' here i thought homeboy was wing-manning for me tonight. looks like we're bein' two-timed, cupcake." she looks her own menu over and tries to decide whether she wants to attempt to impress nomi by ordering a beer, but then figures her inability to choke it down will certainly not impress her. 

'sides, she's got a feeling she doesn't even need to order a drink from isaac. he'll deliver. 

"so you get your beer. what's good eats? anything off the table?" is she vegetarian? vegan? only carnivorous? is that a thing? can people only eat meat?
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 4:05:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"What can I say? I've got enough room for two wings."

Isaac drifted by the table like a ghost. Were it not for his quippy remark, Nomi and Parker may have never even known he'd passed by.[break][break]

Well, okay. That was a lie. They'd know by the two drinks that had graced their table in his wake.[break][break]

Parker's poison was an obvious one; a Hurricane, prepared exactly the way she'd asked Isaac to show her. There were enough rums to knock her on her ass, paired with fresh made passho puree and invigorated with some oran, pinap, and lum juices. An oran half-wheel and skewered cheri garnished the drink. However, the piece de resistance may have been what was tucked under the drink's napkin: the recipe for the drink, as he'd promised.[break][break]

Nomi was a beer girl, and short of opening a distillery in the middle of the Howling that have Isaac less chances to flex. However, Isaac wouldn't let something like "logic" get in the way of his thoughtfulness. He'd simply need to find a different apprpach, and that's just what he'd done when he brought out a bottle of beer from the Moonblast Microbrewery. Perhaps it would be nostalgic for Nomi by the label alone. Perhaps, when she saw the bottling date, it'd be even moreso.[break][break]

Isaac had been saving an original bottle from Nomi's era to toast with her on a special occasion. This seemed like the best time he could think of.[break][break]

The message left by his gift and run spoke volumes. He was wishing both of his friends well, and he had all the faith in the world that they had this under control.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 23:53:37 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi opened her mouth to answer Parker's question about food, but then Isaac slipped by, smooth as silk, depositing two drinks onto the table with a characteristic quip. Then he was gone, disappearing behind the bar with a rather self-satisfied grin plastered across his face.[break][break]
Nomi looked down at the drink he had brought her, and her heart did a little flip. "I made this," she exclaimed, beaming, surprised-but-also-totally-not-surprised that Isaac had kept one of her original bottles. "I used to own a small microbrewery in Verdanturf called Moonblast. I sold it a few months ago because of how busy I am with my research. I just don't really have the time to maintain it anymore." There was a hint of regret in her voice, but when she took a sip of the beer, she smiled fondly.[break][break]
"My grandmother taught me how to brew beer," Nomi explained. "She basically raised me after my parents abandoned -- " She paused, realizing what she had been about to say. Don't ruin the date with sad stuff, she chastised herself. "Anyway, uh, what is that?" She abruptly changed the subject, pointing at Parker's sunset-colored fruity extravaganza of a drink.[break][break]
She knew Parker liked her coffee to be more sugar than coffee, so it made sense that her preferred alcoholic drinks would follow suit.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"] |
[break]

NOTES

Date Night Fit[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 1:08:50 GMT
parker jones Avatar

parker's near immediate response is, no, you didn't because that's an insane thing to claim when a bottle of beer is dropped off in front of you at a restaurant. and then nomi explains and parker doubles down on the, you sly dog thought process regarding isaac. she even shoots him an incredulous look over the bar.

she wishes she could share in that same rapturous fondness nomi holds for this bottle. she chatters about it, the brewery, and parker thinks, but isn't it moonlight? but she doesn't say this because it doesn't make any sense and fuck, she's never been this nervous on a date before.

nomi's still talking. about her grandma and it's sweet - really sweet. old granny sato stooped over a little nomi teaching her about beer...plants. does beer come from plants? she could probably ask nomi.

abandoned.

now entering the danger zone. sympathy is a weird look on parker and she is thankful for the sudden change of topic because that is a territory parker is not sure she's ready for. emotional availability? what's that?

"a hurricane," she says and takes a sip. her eyes widen. is it a hurricane? "nevermind, this shit's witchcraft. try it." she nudges it over to nomi with a grin and realizes she never answered the dang question about what she might want to eat...
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 2:19:24 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi leaned in and tried not to think about the fact that Parker's lips had been on the glass mere seconds prior to it being nudged her way. If she drank from the same spot, would it be sort of like they'd kissed? No, that was stupid - what was she, 12?[break][break]
Nomi blushed all the same, however, as she took her sip.[break][break]
Then grimaced, because Arceus, it was sweet.[break][break]
"It's um," Nomi sputtered, sliding the over-the-top tropical mouth explosion back to its rightful owner. "It's good! I mean, I can tell it's well made. Isaac's a pro. I just - personally - prefer something a little less...sugary." She smiled apologetically. Glancing at her beer - an IPA, of course, with a heaping helping of IBUs - she suddenly remembered that Parker had asked her about food.[break][break]
"The food here is decent. I like the Clamperl nachos. A little spicy, though. Is that okay?"[break][break]
She cocked her head, long lashes blinking, pink hair bobbing. Gosh, dates were nerve-wracking. She felt like she was constantly on the brink of saying something totally embarrassing, that would cause Parker to instantly realize she'd made a terrible mistake in asking someone like Nomi out.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"] |
[break]

NOTES

Date Night Fit[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 16:16:56 GMT
parker jones Avatar

nomi looks at the glass a little bit longer than normal and parker wonders if maybe she's nervous about germs? scientists probably worry about that stuff, right? but she recovers and then tries very hard to keep a polite look on her face while the sugar blasts every part of her tongue. parker's own lips twist upward in a grin, chuckle rumbling in the back of her throat. 

she keeps up with the charade, wanting to save face, but there's no need. parker thinks it's adorable. 

she's saying, "what, not gonna show me -" but looks like she had the same idea to talk right as nomi does. her riff on a i showed you mine, now show me yours falls to the wayside as she shuts up to listen to nomi. 

an awkward silence as her brain catches up. 

parker's spice tolerance isn't exactly baby, but it's not like she can handle eating alolan reapers by the mouthful. it's probably safe to say the nachos aren't going to be shit-your-pants spicy.

"sounds good. whatever y'want, nomes. i'll eat anything."

nomi looks up at her through her lashes and there's absolutely no way parker is intimate enough with her to know she's nervous and she's scared of ruining it, but she does, and it only feels natural to bump her shoulder against hers.

"can i try though? your super special beer."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 5:15:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]From Nomi's sputtering over the Hurricane, to Parker's all too quick assurance that she'd eat anything Nomi ordered, Isaac came to a distressing realization.[break][break]

These two girls were not on the page when it came to their taste buds.[break][break]

That was fine. A couple didn't need to agree on every single food choice. But for a food as uncommonly enjoyed as Clamperl nachos, a difference in expectation could spell disaster. Would a sweet-toothed musclehead like Parker be up to the challenge of clam strips? Or was she going to have to awkwardly eat around them and hoover up as many chips as she could?[break][break]

Luckily, these girls didn't have a waiter. They didn't have a bartender, either.[break][break]

They had a wingman.[break][break]

"I'm so sorry," Isaac said as he drifted on back to the table. "We're short on the Clamperl strips today. You'll still have them, don't worry. But to avoid short selling you on portions, we'll put our usual pulled Lechonk pork atop the other half. Please understand."[break][break]

Sure enough, hot on his heels was the group's "waiter." It was none other than Watson who came toddling down, holding the mixed nacho platter high above his head. The little chef's hat and curly mustache he wore brought the whole visual together, a sight Nomi and Parker would get a great view of as he hopped onto a little stepstool to serve them their plate.[break][break]

This wasn't originally part of Isaac's plan. But he'd insisted.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 12:39:43 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Your super special beer.[break][break]
Nomi blushed, because it wasn't that special. She glanced at the pint glass she'd started to pour the beer into, then slid it towards Parker. She had a feeling this would not go well: after all, the hurricane could not be more opposite in flavor profile compared to Nomi's homebrewed IPA. And yet, Parker's expression was adamantly fixated on the beer bottle as if sizing up a boxing opponent, determined to try it for Nomi's sake. She might not like the taste of it, but Arceus be damned, she was going to appreciate it.[break][break]
The sentiment was endearing, and it made Nomi's stomach flutter.[break][break]
As Parker went to take her sip, someone else arrived at the table. At first, Nomi didn't see anything besides a floating tray of delicious-looking nachos. Then she looked down. And let out a giggle. Because it was Watson and he looked ridiculous.[break][break]
"Watson!" She exclaimed. "You're our waiter for the evening?" She spied Isaac on the periphery looking real proud of himself. As he should, really. The date was succeeding primarily because of his attentiveness.[break][break]
Nomi took the nachos from Watson and deposited them on the table in-between herself and Parker. Various veggies, spices, and melted cheese on top of crispy tortilla chips: pork strips on half, clam strips on the other. It really did look good, but all of a sudden, Nomi felt her appetite retreating as her nerves kicked back in.[break][break]
"It's okay if you don't like it," She assured Parker, nodding at the beer. "I think it's clear we have slightly different tastes." She smiled reassuringly.[break][break]
Was that okay, though? Nomi had so little experience with dating. Would it always be a burden to go out together if they liked different things? Or was it a blessing in disguise, one person always able to stomach what the other didn't like? Nomi took a tentative bite of a fully loaded nacho chip as she contemplated the apparent intricacies of partnership's more mundane aspects.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"] |
[break]

NOTES

Date Night Fit[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 2:43:18 GMT
parker jones Avatar

to be fair, parker said she would eat anything. not that she could drink anything. so that first sip is bitter and almost like that one time she tried to taste fruity perfume because it smelled so nice (she was, like, five, okay?) and it's near impossible to keep the recoil off of her face. 

but this moonlight - MOONBLAST - matters a lot to nomi so she politely sets it back down and offers her a stretched smlie, saying, "best damn beer 've ever had."

which isn't exactly a lie. ciders don't count. yeah, ciders don't count. 

the steaming plate of nachos floats closer to them. underneath is a determined and silly-looking totodile. parker snickers, making an amused chuff in the back of her throat when he gets on a little stepstool to deliver the goods. oh, yum

the lechonk, at least, looks divine. she icky, smelly clamperl, though? blech. nomi can have all that for sure. 

she snatches a chip with a glob of oozing cheese on it, topped with chili peppers and sour cream and a nice chunk of meat, and pops the whole thing square in her mouth. her cheeks puff. she goes to wipe her greasy hands on her pants, but thank the gods they're new, and she remembers that's probably a gross thing to do. 

while on a date.

while on a date with nomi

"hey, little dude. you make this?" she says around her mouthful, gesturing to his ensemble.

and then she nudges nomi, nods to isaac. "so, how long have you two known each other?"
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 1:19:20 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi hardly noticed the near-pants-ruining-grease-stain because her brain was still focusing on the fact that Parker had called her beer "the best damn beer" and that was nice, even if it wasn't entirely backed by sincere feelings of liking beer. The best beer she'd ever tasted probably still tasted way worse to Parker than the hurricane. Nomi didn't care, though. She just grinned stupidly, feeling bolstered by the fact that Parker wanted her to feel appreciated. Suddenly, her worries about opposing tastes indicating some sort of inherent point of failure in relationships dissipated, like sunlight burning off a pesky mist. Her appetite returned, and she took another chip from the pile of nachos.[break][break]
Parker nudged her and she blushed, the contact electric yet fleeting. Isaac? Oh right, Isaac.[break][break]
"Isaac was one of my first close friends in Ro - " She paused. "In Hoenn, really." It was true. "I've known him for...hm. Over a year now!" She smiled at the realization. How time had flown![break][break]
Of course, there was no need to tell Parker about her former crush on Isaac. She didn't feel that way anymore, and the last thing she wanted was for Parker to get the wrong idea. But she did want to assert how critical Isaac was to Nomi's continued happiness. He was the sort of pillar you leaned on because you knew it wouldn't crumble beneath you. Solid, foundational, grounding, supportive. He'd even let her experiment on him! Isaac always knew the right things to say to make her smile or laugh or believe she was deserving of love.[break][break]
How could she properly explain all that to Parker? Did Parker have a friend like that somewhere, someone she would gush to later about this very date? Nomi certainly would have run to tell Isaac all about this had he not been the one who had, well, arranged it.[break][break]
"Isaac's the best of us, Parker," Nomi murmured simply, meaning it. "How did you meet him, anyway?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"] |
[break]

NOTES

Date Night Fit[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]