WRITE REPLY

< bloodmoney > [s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 3:27:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Fingertips drummed against the countertop as he eyed the message on his phone that left him with a severely burning question: just who was she? Was she someone he was supposed to know? He cycled the name through his mind: Marisol. Shit, she wasn't someone he left high and dry was she? To any outsider, he'd seem obsessive at this moment, the way he carefully zoomed in on the pictures that the stranger on his phone. It took a careful glance, but the heterochromia was what caught his eye.

Now it clicked. A shame he was awful with names, otherwise he would have known immediately. Because he was certain that Marisol wasn't this woman's name. Though he couldn't explain the excitement that bubbled in his chest, almost like someone who had found a lost friend. That's what she was, wasn't she? But she didn't seem too excited to know he was still alive and well.

A mirthful laugh shook his shoulders as he pocketed his phone and stood up from the coffee shop's outside table. The issue would be to track her down -- tracking wasn't his forte, but he knew some people who could. The issue posed itself: he'd certainly be labeled a stalker if he went that far. In reality, it wasn't that deep. Topher was just curious was all. Curious to catch up with a ghost of his past who didn't seem to wish to be a ghost anymore. But as fate would have it, it almost seemed as though their fates were destined to cross again.

"Bestie? It's you!"

His smile grew from ear to ear as he rushed his pace and reached out to grip a bit too harshly on the shoulder of someone who certainly tried to duck out of his way. Was she really trying to avoid him? Harsh. Truly harsh.

"It's so good to see you here of all places! Had I known, I would've met up with you sooner! Come on, let's grab some coffee and sit down!"

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 4:14:49 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

so god. [break][break]

arceus, if you exist, please hear her prayers. please give her the goddamn strength. literally two minutes ago - two minutes - she was on that.. god forsaken app. the same app that showed her a certain stone she immediately hung up on. the same app that showed her another familiar face she went on a damn date on. the same app that apparently showed her to a silph of all people (only that silph was infamous, for better or for worse, and his comment wasn't any less questionable). [break][break]

then it showed her a familiar face. [break][break]

a ghost of the past that she'd wish to keep in the past. unfortunately, the god didn't smile upon her. instead, she hears such a familiar cry of "bestie", and it sets off every hair on her neck to stand on end. marisol whips around, quickly. normal people would think that she's trying to look for the source. [break][break]

she's looking for a way out. [break][break]

failure meets her when a hand grabs onto her shoulder, and now she's forced to slowly glance upwards, and at a man who wears a bright smile. ah yes, as sociable as she remembers him being. [break][break]

"... topher." she isn't as shy as she used to be, and not as fidgety when she speaks. she takes a deep breath, and tries to wear a smile. though it comes easily after what felt like twenty years, it's still a little forced. "i.. guess we can sit. i have time right now..?" [break][break]

she wants to wish she didn't. [break][break]

but then she'd be lying.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@topher
[break]

NOTES

aur naur

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]--accent:#a2add0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 0:06:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
* content warning for self-harm/slight gore + forcefully attempting to push another character's triggers

"Super!" he beamed.

A hand released its death grip on her shoulder and soon fell to her wrist. (Perhaps Topher knew if he let go for too long, Miss Marisol would make her escape. And he certainly couldn't have that.) Once they reached the coffee shop, Topher figured he'd give her the opportunity and trust her. It wasn't long until tight fingers loosened their tenacious grip and he'd let go completely. But it posed the question: would she dare to run when they were in public and cause a scene? No, that wasn't her style. She was quiet like a church mouse. The idea of all eyes being on her would fall to his advantage.

"So what are the deets? What have you been up to? It's been sooooo long."

While his actions fell harsh and demanding, his words seemed eager and pleasant. But to the utterly helpless himbo, they were just two friends on the cusp of catching up. At the counter, Topher placed his order of a strawberry açaí lemonade. Coffee wasn't his thing so a nice cold drink would suit him well enough. Once Marisol chose her drink, Topher took the liberty to pay for both. It was the least he could do for her (well at least he thought it was) eager agreement to sit down with him and have a chat.

It was better for the duo to sit outside and enjoy the air. Or so Topher thought. But that was because he had other ideas. Sure, he couldn't remember the young woman's name but he remembered just what made her tick. And if he was anything, he was someone who liked to press people's buttons. It seemed strange that he took his keys out of his pocket, but there was a method to his madness.

"What's wrong, bestie? You seem so dull now. I was hoping to play."

* And just like that, Topher gripped hard on his keys and allowed the teeth of them to dig into his palm. A yank back on the lanyard caused the metal to rip through his skin and leave a jagged rip down his palm. As it tore through his skin, he couldn't help the harsh hiss that slipped past his gritted teeth. He turned his hand over to show her the damage in the wake: torn flesh bunched and shredded as blood coagulated to the surface to hide the gore left behind from the act.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 0:23:24 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

was he always this pushy? [break][break]

topher in her memory was always bright, and cheery, and happy-go-lucky, to where this grandiose display was anything but abnormal. maybe that's why she's able to stomach the sunny demeanour. maybe that's why she's fine with the grip he has on her wrist. maybe that's why she's okay with feeling like a mouse trapped in a cage, and deluding herself into thinking that she's being carefully, gently carried into hell. [break][break]

hell is people. [break][break]

and there are so many in a public space, and there are so many that keep her pinned in her mind. after so many years of this pressure, she thought that she'd be free from this suffocating weight on her chest. an instant is all it takes to pry for a crack in the wall she's built between a broken heart and unravelling mind. [break][break]

his words fall on deaf ears, and old anxiety crawls from the planks of the cafe. the shadows slip up her legs, coil around her stomach, and reaches her arms and hands as her fingers grip into the palms. gather yourself, marisol, and everything will be okay. she isn't the same woman from years ago, and she won't unravel because of someone she sees now. [break][break]

how many open wounds has she seen? how many people have been treated by her? yes, the crimson stain doesn't scare her anymore. it won't hurt her anymore. [break][break]

foolish to think when she hears his words, she can maintain the ruse of composure. foolish of her to think that, when the reflection of crimson prints itself on dual-toned eyes, she'll be okay. a hand immediately, gently, presses up against her heart when the walls begin to close. her only solace is the fact that they're outside, in the open air, but it doesn't mitigate the shudder when she freezes up in her seat. [break][break]

marisol was a fool. [break][break]

"i-i.." her voice breaks, and words are starting to be difficult to say again.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

aur naur

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 1:13:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He could practically taste the panic in her expression. It was delectable, and if he could, he'd drink it in its entirety. A stream of sanguine slid down his sleeve and dripped onto the table before them. After what seemed like forever, a laugh left his lips as he balled up some napkins and applied plenty of pressure to the wound itself. He'd let Marisol a moment to breathe, but who knew when he'd change his mind? Topher used his uninjured hand to reach out and give her a pat on the lap.

"You're so cute when you freak out like that!"

It didn't take long for the blood to soak through the napkins and it left Topher to search for more. He stood up and threw away the few he had used and quickly replaced them with new ones. In fact, he made sure to grab a stack of them if he needed to replace the one he had a grip on now. At least it seemed like the bleeding would soon stop, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

He plopped back down in his seat and grinned from ear to ear as someone approached with their drinks. At the sight of the bloodied napkin in his hand, Topher waved dismissively and informed the barista that he'd simply tripped and cut up his palm on the sidewalk. It was no big deal to him. (Of course that's because only he and his guest knew the truth behind what really happened.)

Once they had their peace, Topher took a sip of his drink and let out an appreciative sound at the taste of it. Strawberry was his favorite, so it already got high marks in his book. But it didn't take him long to speak up again.

"So what brings you to Hoenn? I'm here because business is booming on my part."

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 3:55:09 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

cute. [break][break]

only he would think this was cute. out of context, maybe her shyness was the tiniest bit endearing. out of context, she'd look like a rabbit cowering in fear in the face of a stranger. maybe she looks like a puppy, or a kitten. there's a certain type of loathing she feels knowing she can't bare fangs or unsheathe claws with her tail tucked between her legs. [break][break]

merciful. is that the right word to use? should she be grateful that he's decided to spare her when he tugs a napkin over to wipe the blood from his hand away? [break][break]

crimson soaks into the fibres, and her chest raises to take in a deep breath of air. the hold, and the subsequent (shaky) exhale that follow are enough to loosen the noose that tightens its grip around her stomach. it's enough to lessen the put she feels in her lungs and soothes the shivers and trembles on her hands, shoulders and thighs. [break][break]

anger wells with no target to uncap at, so she swallows it down with another gulp (swallow it down like a pill).[break][break]

she wants to put up a facade after her broken response, but the cold sweat already has a bead slowly roll down the side of her head. when the paralysis fades, she can finally raise a hand to lightly press her fingers against her forehead. "don't startle me like that.." she grumbles, leading into burying her eyes between her thumb and index finger. [break][break]

compose yourself. [break][break]

she sings it in her head, like a mantra, before her pounding heart can settle itself. "originally, it was for work.." her hand lowers, slightly, with her other fingers and palm covering the lower half of her face. "but now i'm here to study."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

aur naur

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 0:46:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Maybe it was the fact she seemed irritated by his little stunt, but the older of the pair couldn't stop the laugh that bubbled out of his throat and past his lips. Surely that wasn't enough to startle her, right? He could have done so much worse. Though his hand still stung, it didn't disrupt his good humor in the slightest. But after his laughter died down, he tilted his head to the side in the faintest bit of curiosity. So work brought her here too at first? But what was this about studying?

"Oh? You're going to school again? Good for you," he offered, genuine.

He shook his drink around a bit and slouched back in his chair. Marisol was different from Wendy, that much was for sure. She seemed so much more stuffy. Formal. He had to admit, he didn't like that look on her, but who was he to chide anyone for their behavior? If anything, he should have been delighted to see the transformation that she had gone through. Another sip from his drink and he spoke up once more.

"So, with that new personality, you got a new name I should know?" he teased.

Little did he know that such was the case.

Topher stretched back in his seat and cracked his back against the edge of the backrest. He let out a relieved sigh and turned to glance at Marisol once again.

"I saw you saw my amigo profile. How 'bout it? Lookin' good, ain't they?"

To emphasize his words, he placed his drink down so he could grope his own chest. Smooth Topher, smooth.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 2:17:33 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

should she be relieved? [break][break]

grateful that he's spared her from worse? should she be happy at the mercy he's shown her, by only exposing her to a small and shallow wound? were it wendy, she'd do just that. marisol wouldn't so much let it slide. [break][break]

but wendy hasn't died. [break][break]

so she says nothing, and moves on with his genuine smiles. [break][break]

before she can so much as respond, her eyes glance down to his hands as he begins to.. shamelessly grope his own chest. the woman turns her gaze elsewhere - anywhere - and passing it off as her looking for their sweet waiter. her fingers nip and gently tap on the laminated surface with the tiniest shudder, or tremble. [break][break]

"i guess.." she mumbles, only the slightest bit flustered when she lowers her face behind the menu. another waiter approaches, and she tries to wear a smile as she orders a chilled latte of her own. after the quick exchange, she slowly glances back to the.. still shameless man.[break][break]

"you really haven't changed."[break][break]

she can't tell if it's a good or bad thing, but a thought crosses her mind just as quickly as the words escape her lips. [break][break]

"would you remember my new name if i told you?" her lips curl into the smallest smirk, amused, in spite of the earlier panic. it's an attempt to shake it off.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

aur naur

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 2:41:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Her words were met with a laugh. Maybe it was good not to change. Sometimes that comfort that came from routine really helped to put things into perspective. Her avoidant reaction to the shameless display he offered only made him laugh more. Topher reached across the table with a playful nudge and then sat back.

"I'd do my best," he admitted. "I know I seem like the type to forget names but that's just with people I screw around with. You're different."

That admittance weighed heavy. The two had a past that whether or not they were proud of it, they had to acknowledge that the two were linked. Death was a dirty business, but they both came out the other side. (Topher himself never came out, but he didn't have to share that detail with Marisol right off the bat.) After what seemed like forever, his face softened as he took another look at her.

"So you're doing better with yourself? You seem it. I don't know how to describe it, but you seem happier. I feel kinda bad being a ghost of the past that just decided to pop up."

He seemed... Genuine, surprisingly. Another sip of his drink and the moment was ruined by the sound of Topher attempting to suck what little liquid remained at the bottom of the cup. A few shakes, and it seemed the drink was done for. A pity, he really seemed to enjoy it. But at least now he could focus time on his former colleague, if that's what he could properly call her. It felt off to call her a friend, as she didn't seem to approach him with the same ease that he did her. But maybe that was just a touch of anxiety that came from years long forgotten.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 17:12:35 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

ah, this. [break][break]

this was the source of her dilemma, and the source of the wringing around her heart and mind. it's when his gaze softens and his tone lowers does the fear of earlier melt away, and the guilt settles in so quickly - because that's just how marisol is. all attempts to seperate herself from herself be damned. [break][break]

his familiarity isn't foreign, but it's uncomfortable. was it her, she thinks? she was the only one who was being tense and - though her nerves couldn't be eased with a simple inhale and deeper sigh - she makes an attempt to soothe the overactive nerves that can remember. marisol has trained herself to be able to breathe the air and, surely, that has to mean something. [break][break]

right?[break][break]

so she shouldn't be struggling as much as she does. [break][break]

after all, she's been through worse. [break][break]

"mhm.." she hums shortly afterwards, her fingers tapping along the menu before it's finally set down. it'll take a little bit for her drink to get here. small talk won't kill her. "it's.. okay. don't feel bad." because it's not his fault, but the words scratch at her throat like they did a few years back. marisol has put a wall around her heart, and it's flimsy in the face of her past. [break][break]

so she leans forward, defeated, hand raised slightly to reach and rest her palm against the top of his head. her fingers gently caress platinum blonde locks. she wears a smile. clumsy, and slight, but genuine.[break][break]

"my name is marisol. say mari if it makes it easier."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

aur naur

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 20:13:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Marisol huh? It was a nice name. Like a cat seeking affection, he couldn't help the way he leaned into her palm as she delicately placed a hand on his head to caress his locks. (How long had it been since someone had been so gentle with him?) His smile curled his lips, genuine and true as he managed to meet her gaze. It wasn't like Wendy to be so awkward, but alas he could get to know Marisol as timid and quiet.

"I think I can manage with Marisol, I like it. But I'll call you Mari too, don't worry."

A breath escapes his lips, one that's laced with annoyance, as his phone buzzes. He hated to cut the soft moment between the two of them short. But work did call and it became paramount. It was just a message from one of his fellow associates in regards to a meeting point. With a roll of his eyes, he typed away at the screen and then sat his phone face down on the table.

"Sorry, sorry, you know how it is with work," he sighed.

Then he realized. It had been nice actually seeing Marisol again. Part of him realized just how much he missed her presence, as she had been a constant in his years prior to joining Revocs. It felt like such a long stretch to say given that their interactions involved work, and Wendy had been so... Dedicated. (It didn't seem like the right word to him, but it fit in his mindset for now. He remembered how vicious and thorough she was with the way she dissected.)

"I'd like to keep in touch. I'm sure you don't want to be reminded of the past, but it's beneficial for someone to be in contact with people who know the trick of the trade. And since you're here to study, maybe you can get me in touch with someone in the medical field."

A simple offer, but he also didn't want to make Marisol feel obligated.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
< bloodmoney > [s]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 4:57:12 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

he hungers for a gentle touch. [break][break]

the soft touch against her fingers reminds her of simpler times, even if those simple times were littered in crimson stains on her cheeks and smiling lips when she wiped a smear on a young man's face. the memory was always so blurry when she thinks too hard, but the stench of blood and the satisfaction that came after a hard day's work sends a shudder up her spine. [break][break]

topher remembers wendy - ruthless and sadistic. marisol remembers wendy - soft spoken and terrified of whose blood she'll find herself drenched in next. his only saving grace is marisol knowing that he was a source of comfort, and humour, in those darker and dreary days. [break][break]

work interrupts their moment, and she lowers her hand in response whilst watching with a slightly curious gleam. sometimes, she'll find herself trying to remind herself that he has his work, too. that despite his demeanour and flighty smiles, he's just as sullied, and dirtied, and they're both in this hell. [break][break]

only she's tried to drag herself out of it.[break][break]

she snaps back to reality, a small (a practiced) smile on her lips when she nods her head. "for work?" she asks with the tilt of her head, gaze softening. "if you're looking for someone for work, i might not be able to help.." her lips curl in thought, with her tongue in cheek. [break][break]

"but.. if there's anything you need, i could probably help you." she finishes instead, fingers lowering and pressing against each other on the table "i said that i'm studying, but i think my father taught me everything when i was younger." she would have scoffed in the past. now, she chuckles. [break][break]

wryly.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

aur naur

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights