Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Fear in a Handful of Dust [M]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 17:49:37 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Life in Hoenn had been chaotic as of late, but every so often, the universe saw fit to deliver perfect timing. What felt like mere seconds after reading through an intriguing email sent to her by , Nomi received another email about mentoring a new Rocket grunt: a recruit by the name of . A skilled medical practitioner interested in running experiments of a biological nature.[break][break]
And just like that, she had the perfect method of kickstarting the initiative Kaname was interested in pursuing.[break][break]
Naturally, she wasted no time in requesting Rhys as one of her new lab assistants. On the day of his scheduled arrival, Nomi sat primly behind the desk at the front of her private laboratory, a Klefki floating next to her. Normally, would be loath to let Nomi interface with an unknown entity without her presence as Nomi's bodyguard, but the other woman had something to take care of that day and Nomi had insisted that she would be fine.[break][break]
"The creepies can protect me," Nomi had teased, using Parker's nickname for them. It was true, though. If Rhys turned out to be a threat to her, she'd simply ask the Unown to take care of him.[break][break]
Easy enough, really. There was already at least one keeping watch, invisible, in a corner of the ceiling.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Bond Bridge (July 2023)[break]
Nomi's Outfit Inspiration

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
Developing the cure to your miserable existence.
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 1:02:23 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Shit.
[break][break]
Rhys stood outside the building, straightening his tie for the eighteenth time and running through his options in a feat of mental gymnastics that left even him reeling. Somehow he'd gotten the attention of one of the Head Scientists well earlier than he'd expected, and while his initial response was that of quiet deference masking IMMEDIATE ELATION, he had since had time to turn the situation over a few times in his head.
[break][break]
Never a good time.
[break][break]
Was this liable to be a method to earn a feather in his cap as he found his footing in Rocket? Likely. Was it a giant step forward to furthering his personal goals and honing his skills as a researcher and trainer? Almost assuredly.
[break][break]
Then again, it could be that the Head Scientist wanted to put him out of his professional - or literal - misery, and regardless of her motivations, Rhys knew that one wrong step would mean disaster for his future prospects.
[break][break]
The tie slipped loose again.
[break][break]
Cursing under his breath, he loosened the knot to lay at the base of his collarbone, growling as he undid the top button of his shirt one-handed. If he was going to his first meeting looking like a lazy college student, he'd at least try to make it seem intentional. At his feet, his Goomy offered a plaintive bloop, eyes sparkling up at him.
[break][break]
"Thanks, Vaughn," he muttered grudgingly, reaching down to pat the slimy pokémon absently. Reasoning that wearing a hole in the sidewalk wouldn't get him any further through his agonizing, he made his way to the lab with relative calm, hands thrust firmly in his pockets. Reaching the door in question, he knocked twice and, after what he figured was a suitable moment, opened it slowly.
[break][break]
"Dr. Sato?" he inquired, slipping into the room, Vaughn at his heels. Glancing around, he caught sight of the woman herself at her desk and blanched, quickly recovering into an embarrassed smile and a deferent nod of his head. "Sorry, sorry," he muttered, the door thudding shut behind him.
[break][break]
They say first impressions are everything. He quietly hoped he'd have the chance for a second.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

Mission: Bond Bridge (July 2023)

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.rhysc4]--accent:#54C797;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysc4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .post b"]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 3:12:43 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The new guy seemed nervous. Well, that was to be expected, she supposed. This was an organized criminal empire full of terrorists and assassins and the like, after all. It was all rather cutthroat.[break][break]
Luckily for Rhys, however, a crooked tie was of little consequence to Head Scientist Naomi Sato. It was the keen eyes that caught her attention, the way they scanned the room, observant and precise - as if subconsciously taking an inventory of the available resources and equipment at his disposal. She liked the way he carried himself - the best scientists were humble creatures, arrogance an impediment, the antithesis of neutral analysis.[break][break]
Nomi flashed Rhys a pleasant smile, waving for him to come over to her desk.[break][break]
"Technically, not quite a 'doctor'," she corrected, tone amused. "I should have my PhD next year, if all goes well with my thesis." She stated these facts openly and matter-of-factly. "You can call me Nomi, if you wish. Most people do."[break][break]
She cocked her head prettily, causing waves of soft, bubblegum hair to fall across one shoulder. Kudzu floated idly over to the Goomy that accompanied Rhys, keys jangling like friendly wind chimes as she did so.[break][break]
"I've been told you're a skilled medical practitioner," Nomi began. "You could be saving lives at a League-run hospital right now, but instead you're here." With us, her expression implied. With Rocket. She'd read the brief, bullet-pointed history provided in his file, but like with any job interview, the resume wasn't the important part.[break][break]
How people chose to speak about themselves when given the opportunity mattered far more. A person's motivations were everything.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 2:29:07 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Swing and a miss, he reasoned, but he couldn't fault himself for being eager to make a good first impression. He'd chosen this path, after all, and the more he became accustomed to the workings of Rocket, the more certain he was that there was, in fact, no turning back.
[break][break]
Not that he intended to, either.
[break][break]
He strode toward the head scientist's desk, an apologetically wry grin flitting across his features, the Goomy sliding forward just behind him and casting an almost comically vacant green-eyed gaze around the enclosure. "Ah, well, congratulations in advance, then?" He gave a little chuckle, waving one hand airily. "Wrong of me to make assumptions, but that just makes your reputation even more impressive, if you don't mind my saying."
[break][break]
Vaughn, for his part, noted the approach of the Klefki and paused in his own advance, his jellylike antennae waving about to test the intent of the other pokemon. Cocking his head this way and that, he settled on blowing a single iridescent bubble glistening with oilslick colors, offering a bright chirp at Kudzu.
[break][break]
She's not wrong. Rhys didn't flinch, couldn't flinch at Nomi's seemingly offhanded comment, but it was as bald an accusation as he'd ever been leveled with. It's the safer option.
[break][break]
Bullshit it was.
[break][break]
His half-nervous, ice-breakingly lazy smile frosted over in an instant, and he regarded Nomi defiantly. "I am," he allowed, "On both counts. I know how to get where I need to be, and the League and their joke of a system can both stuff it," he bit out.
[break][break]
Then, as though suddenly recalling to whom he was speaking, the easy, lazy half-grin is back. "If you'll pardon the turn of phrase, ma'am."

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.rhysc4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 16:37:20 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The man's tone changed in an instant, causing Nomi to cock her head, crimson eyes alight with curiosity. Oh? How very personal.[break][break]
So much hatred for the League festered within the heats of her colleagues. Some merely viewed 's government as incompetent, others had long-standing vendettas against specific League members. Based on Rhys's use of the word "joke", she figured it might be the former...but the vehemence by which he'd rejected the notion of working in a League hospital left Nomi wondering exactly what he'd experienced in the past.[break][break]
All the same, it seemed he was committed to their cause.[break][break]
"No apologies necessary," she commented lightly. "We all have our reasons for being here."[break][break]
She did not press further, content for the time being.[break][break]
"So!" She clapped her hands together eagerly, just as Kudzu popped the bubble directed at her by the Goomy. "Tell me about your experiments - have you had much success? And what do you hope to accomplish next?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 5:38:03 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Well. He'd seen this coming, of course, but it was one thing to run over a list of his endeavors in his own head and another entirely to voice it aloud. Granted, he was still finding his feet in this comparatively new environment, but he'd spent the past few years keeping the majority of his work, his thoughts, his blistering frustration close to his chest, concealed by the paper-thin mask of affability that despite its fragility didn't so much as smolder from the inside.
[break][break]
Vaughn swiveled his antennae toward Rhys, offering an inquisitive coo that startled the man out of his brief reverie. He spared a glance to the Goomy, then cleared his throat. "I don't know if you could call it success, but I'm farther than when I started," he chuckled.
[break][break]
Smooth, you idiot. Feed her some more empty bullshit and maybe she won't see through it.
[break][break]
He offered Nomi an apologetic shrug, having at least the grace to look contrite. "I'm not the most prolific collector, but I've been focusing on the interactions between bio-organic substances and pokémon. My Paras gave me the idea, actually - I've had him the longest, and if I'm honest he'll be more mushroom than insect before too much longer."
[break][break]
He took the opportunity to shoot Vaughn a warm smile, the Goomy bobbing idly at his feet oblivious to Rhys' next tangent. "Could similar effects from the spores take root in other organisms? Vaughn, here, for instance? Humans? Fresh spores don't work, it needs a simpler system to deal with. If the fungus were further along the maturation process, it would be more promising, but I haven't figured out how to successfully perform a transplant without terminating the initial host."
[break][break]
His attention returns to Nomi, his expression open and eyes bright. "Still, always room to try. It's just difficult keeping specimens handy when I've got a fantastic habit of being interrupted, but I'm sure you get that."

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break]
I am literally the worst

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 18:03:18 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi could see through bullshit well enough, but Rhys had valuable experience, even if he was a private man. She hoped to cultivate him, plant him in the soil of Rocket and watch him bloom into something special. She had a feeling he would do just fine. But could he believe that about himself? Often times, lack of confidence was what held a person back - not their ideas. That was the challenge.[break][break]
"Paras and Parasect are fascinating Pokemon," Nomi remarked, eyeing the Goomy with an amused expression. "They have much to teach us about the benefits of parasitic interactions. I have heard rumors that the mushrooms on their backs, when harvested, can be made into elixirs that can extend human life."[break][break]
She smiled, eyes twinkling.[break][break]
"Your ideas have merit, Rhys. I have long focused my efforts on the infusion of energy into both organic and inorganic hosts, in order to trigger transformations meant to strengthen and enhance said hosts. With Tera energy and human test subjects, I had varying results - most were failures."[break][break]
had been her biggest success, but even he had not walked away from the experiment with the synthetic Avatar powers she had hoped to trigger. In the end, they'd both walked away with more questions than answers.[break][break]
"But I did manage to make Infinity weapons once," she murmured, glancing away. In another world. Another time.[break][break]
She shook her head as if to clear it, then met his gaze once more.[break][break]
"I think you are on to something, and I would be willing to back you. Luckily for you - Rocket is well-equipped to provide you with the specimens you need."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 23:10:37 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Rhys allowed himself a smile, this one not even forced. He'd been nervous for this meeting for days, and while he hadn't necessarily expected to be eviscerated - verbally or otherwise - by the woman, he found himself exceptionally gratified that she thought him on the right track with his first inept attempt at...extracurriculars.
[break][break]
Here she was before him, a Head Scientist, and her own ideas were no less far-fetched than his own. And she'd even been able to test her theories! Perhaps he wasn't quite the impostor he thought himself to be, he mused to himself, as Nomi continued on to talk about her inf-
[break][break]
Infinity weapons??
[break][break]
One of Vaughn's antennae brushed against his hand reassuringly, jarring him from his erstwhile reverie, and he blinked, catching himself. Okay, maybe he still had a way to go, at that. Wait, what was that last bit? Back him?!
[break][break]
"Uh. You would?" Rhys blurted inelegantly. "I mean, you would! I, ah, appreciate the opportunity, of course. The organization has more resources than I could ever dream of, and - well - I feel I could much more quickly and concretely apply my theories."
[break][break]
What was his actual life right now. In over his head? Probably. Finally taking a first step toward his own goals? Definitely.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 16:42:46 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"Precisely," Nomi agreed, smiling. "I'll assign one of my labs to you. You'll have access to a full range of equipment. Submit to me a list of Pokemon you would like to experiment on, and I will procure them for you. There's not much Rocket cannot acquire."[break][break]
The Black Market was not her domain, but Admin and others worked tirelessly to ensure Rocket was flush with resources. Legally or illegally, it was of no consequence. What mattered was progress.[break][break]
She stood, beckoning for Rhys to follow.[break][break]
"If you have the time, I will give you a tour of our facilities now. That way, you can select the space that would be most conducive to your research."[break][break]
Kudzu chimed as she zoomed over to Nomi, ready to serve should the Head Scientist need one of her keys. There were many locked doors on the Rocket submarine, but Nomi had access to nearly all of them.[break][break]
"People talk about Rocket as if we do not tolerate failure." Nomi eyed him, posture confident despite her small size. "But every decent scientist knows failure is a necessary part of the process. All you have to do is make progress, Rhys. If you do that, you will not disappoint me."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 3:44:56 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Despite the spike of adrenaline that currently had his spine reminiscent of a live wire, Rhys liked to think that he'd done a fair job of schooling his features into an expression of neutrality. Had he remembered to blink at any point in the past minute while he'd been focused on his own racing thoughts? He did so, just to be sure. Smooth.
[break][break]
"Ah - yes, of course, I'd be honored," he responded hastily as Nomi rose, stepping back out of her exit path and narrowly missing an embarrassing tumble over Vaughn, who squelched amicably as his trainer drew near. He hadn't seen any of the submarine's interior, hardly, and although he had a death grip on his humility held closely around him like a shield, he couldn't suppress another spark of elation that he'd have his own space to work.
[break][break]
Her final words caused him to pause only fractionally, the corners of his mouth twitching upward even as he offered a decisive nod to the woman. "Thank you for giving me the chance, ma'am. I won't let you down."
[break][break]
He wouldn't, of course. He couldn't afford to.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 3:44:26 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: