March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Step Right Up [M][C/Alex]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 8:17:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin, too, was involved with Funtasia; she had a Sygna Suit demonstration to do in the afternoon. Being a pseudo-celebrity thanks to her accolades in exploration and unearthing Hoenn's ancient secrets, there were people that followed her no matter where she went on the carnival grounds. Until then, though, she browsed the alleyway containing so-called games of skill.

The first to catch her eye was a balloon dartboard filled with balloons of varying sizes and colors. Some of the larger prizes were legendary Pokémon plush she was sure her Gym Leader friend had already tried (and failed) to win. Aiming at the golden balloon in the center of the board, she let fly with her darts, her aim just off. Somehow, the balloon was still intact even though the dart's pin clearly grazed its side. Just what in the world was that golden balloon made out of? "Lathiel, it makes me wonder how honest some of these are," Shalin softly remarked in the Type: Null's direction, the Normal-type having become quite a bit more civil in recent days.

VpfBrQqK Lathiel obedience roll

STAMP: Lose at a carnival game

{WC: 179}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Lathiel         Type: Null        Good
Sandy           Flygon            Good 
Flit            Yanmega           Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill          Good
Treble          Kommo-o           Good
Bass Boost      Seismitoad        Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 13:32:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I told you. I told you so!” he huffed from right next to her.

Never mind if he was towering over her, fact of the matter was that he was absolutely sure the damned stalls were rigged. He was more than certain of it.

(Unless we count that one time his boyfriend won him that gigantic plush Salamence but shh.)

Picking up the last dart he had, he tried to take aim at a purple balloon, closing one of his eyes in the process and taking aim. Little did he know his tongue was already sticking out one side of his mouth as he took one step backward, before letting the dart fly—

And watching as the danged thing actually fly towards the purple balloon he was aiming for, which then burst upon impact.

Wait. What?

“Wha—” he trailed off, blinking.

How—how in the hell did that—

Happen?!

prompt: win at least one carnival game.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 0:55:46 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin applauded Alex's feat of dexterity and precision. "Nice shot!" She, too, got back in line to try again. There were still three other small purple balloons that size, awarding "second prizes" if popped. Carefully lining up before making her throw, the dart sailed toward the distant board... popping the white balloon beneath the purple one. Her consolation prize... was a pin for a backpack. At least it was of an Alolan Ninetales, a Pokémon near and dear to her heart. It was one of the few species she loved that was popular enough among trainers for there to be merch of. Who would want a Beedrill plush, anyway?

Shalin pocketed the pin, keeping it in its plastic until she figured out what she was going to do with it. "I imagine having the vision of a bird helps with this sort of thing, Alex," she mused, debating whether she wanted to spend more Funtasia tokens to try again, though she ultimately decided she had enough. Unlike Gym Leaders, she had a much smaller budget to operate on, and she wanted to hop on every thrill ride at least once. "So, where to next, Alex?" she asked, Lathiel approaching the Birdfather while retaining a neutral facial expression. "We've still got most of the morning until I have to go back to put on my show!"

3WMVwMUK Lathiel obedience roll

STAMP: Win at least one carnival game

{WC: 226}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 22:22:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He’d managed to get one more purple balloon with his last dart, and was offered the choice to pick two prizes. Now this he wasn’t going to scrimp out on, so he’d picked a Beedrill, and a Flygon plushie.

However instead of keeping them for himself, he handed both of them to her.

“Here, I know what you’re thinking. Take it. I… don’t worry about me, okay?” he said as he handed her both the small plushies. “I… I know someone who can win me the biggest ones without even blinking.”

(He was referring to , of course. Extremely sneaky!)

“I screw up too, you know. I have noodle arms! he exclaimed as he wiggled his arms akimbo. He then wondered…

“…are you down to getting wet? We can take the water ride if you want to?” he suggested. Truly, there were just so. many. rides. even it was starting to make him dizzy!

prompt: give your prize away to your thread partner.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 19:52:10 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Beedrill and Flygon were both adorable, and just the right size that they wouldn't take up too much space in her home in Petalburg Woods. "You didn't have to do that!" Shalin blushed, taking the two from him and holding the Beedrill up, making a humming sound meant to imitate the buzzing of the real Pokémon's wings. She stepped toward Alex, grabbed the base of one of its white forelegs, and "stung" him with it. "I love these two so much!"

Shalin put the two Pokémon dolls into her backpack before nodding in agreement. "Those are really fun, too! Let's do it!" It would be a little bit of a trip, but not too bad! She hoped the line wasn't too long. Lathiel, though, had her own ideas. Not liking the idea of getting wet, she flourished her chimeric claws toward whatever Pokémon Alex had out of his Poké Ball. "...Or maybe not? I don't think Lathiel likes getting wet."

h3uAVxDM Lathiel obedience roll

STAMP: Win at least one carnival game

{WC: 164}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 20:34:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Ow, oof, I’ve been stung,” he joked back when he got ‘hit’ with the soft, fluffy white ‘stingers’ of the plush Beedrill he’d handed to her.

(Besides, there was this gigantic Salamence plushie waiting for him at home, so…)

The good thing was, he didn’t have any Pokémon companions out, however he did notice the sharp claws being flashed his way.

“Geez, just like a canine. Doesn’t like getting wet… he sighed, before a frown crossed his face. Okay, so no water… what could they do that didn’t involve the ‘princess’ canine getting wet?

“Oh, I know. What about the ferris wheel?” he suggested next as he pointed in the distance. Surely that wasn’t too death-defying?

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 0:31:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As much as Shalin wanted to use the carnival strictly to enjoy herself, she was also using it to build rapport with the Type: Null she had given so much to create. Too much, perhaps. She would never be able to disassociate Lathiel with Pharika, the loyal Dragalge that gave her life in the Normal-type's creation. As much as she didn't want to, she had to pamper her. "I'd love to hit up the water slide when she's less moody," she nodded before heading to the Ferris wheel in the center of the park. "We'll be able to get a good view of the entire carnival."

The line was a bit long, meaning they would have to wait for the group in front of them to finish before being granted their turn. They were able to pass the time by talking about the other attractions, not to mention catching up on each others' escapades.

Once they were able to board, they would find the cabs quite spacious, Lathiel even able to stretch inside. Once they were closed, the attraction slowly started and stopped as the other passengers took their places. Once they had reached the peak, Shalin pointed to the roller coaster far below. "Have you been on the Rayquaza roller coaster yet? Sounds like it would be right up your alley!"

|BRTddEA Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 222}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 21:24:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You know how it goes with moody Pokémon… have to wait it out and not force them,” he hummed sagely.

Although he wondered—didn’t that companion of hers looks oddly similar to what his friend had… only slightly… his head was starting to hurt thinking of the danged thing.

The good thing was that upon their arrival at the Ferris wheel, the cab was rather spacious; with enough room for a Pokémon companion or two. He didn’t mind the things going slow, either, considering that there were a lot of cabs to fill too.

Once they were at the very peak of the entire ride, the view when he peered out from the side was nothing but greenery; dotted with the multicolored flags denoting the carnival’s current location.

“Ah, the roller coaster? Been meaning to go there but the line is always long,” he continued with a sigh.

Ahh, he could relax like this while they were up here…

prompt: ride in the ferris wheel.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 5:58:46 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin nodded. Those words couldn't have been more true. "Yup - some Pokémon take years to be loyal to you. For Lathiel, it's only been... about four months?" Four months ago, creating the accursed Type: Null had taken the lives of two of her Pokémon, including Pharika, whom she still thought about from time to time. That Dragalge was an incredibly valuable member of her team, taken from her in an instant when the seizure-inducing medicine tore the poison-type apart. To Lathiel, it wasn't about time. It was about experience and two-way commitment. Shalin needed to show Lathiel that loyalty wasn't only one way.

It would not be long before she, like the rest of Shalin's Pokémon, would be willing to wear a saddle and bear her into combat.

"It's worth it, though," Shalin at last started to smile after being lost in thought so long. "It doesn't have as much g-force as other coasters do, but it makes up for it in raw speed. It's supposedly one of the fastest coasters in the world, true to Rayquaza's name."

V6Yehbtr Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 181}
{PC: 5}
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 18:42:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Even faster than Tornadus?” he challenged, eyebrows raised.

He was sure the other knew of the Wandering Stormbringer’s existence, but then again this was comparing spaceflight speed to atmosphere speed through the air.

To be fair, though, this was Hoenn and not Unova—so there was that, too. While the cab was making its descent, he considered the merit of it.

“Let’s hope the line isn’t too long, then. If it isn’t, we go there next to the rollercoaster ride. Should the line be long, though… want to hit up the house of mirrors while we wait?” he offered next.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 21:17:54 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Though there was nothing stopping Shalin from getting on one of her buzzing bugs and getting this same view of the theme park, there was something relaxing about getting such a view from the confines of the Ferris wheel's car. Being able to carry on a conversation with Alex was nice, with not being forced to wear earplugs due to her typical, radical choice of mount. "Of course not," Shalin laughed. There was no way a carnival ride could go as fast as Tornadus safely. It took skill to ride a Pokémon at such crazy speeds. "There's only one other person I know that could handle speed like that, and I'm sure you know him."

To their surprise, the line for the Rayquaza rollercoaster wasn't long at all. Their turn came, the two getting a seat next to each other and near the dragon's head. By the time she strapped herself in, she noticed Lathiel passed out and out of withdrawal range of her Poké Ball! "Maybe I shouldn't have brought her; she seems to get bored easily. And with that species, that wasn't a good thing."

{WC: 188}
{PC: 6}

Lathiel         Type: Null        Sleep
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 16:42:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The only thing he would do at this point was cackle the moment they were strapped into the rollercoaster, because seriously; what else could they do but hang on for dear deer fucking life?!

“Let’s go!” was all he would say as they shot off on the coaster tracks, feeling all the flips and turns rock him; he was literally seated at the very front!

(Maybe a bad choice, but for someone who thrived in the air, this was nothing to him at this point.)

He knew that her words were lost at that point because of how fast they were going; however he was sure that since her Pokémon was out cold down by the gate that the same Pokémon would be waiting for them once they got down…

Since nobody would be able to catch a Pokémon that already belonged to someone else, right?!

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 19:28:51 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: